Having problems with Kohl's?

1855 564 5705 (Kohls.com)
1866 887 8884 (Customer Service)
1855 564 5748 (Kohl's Charge)
1855 564 5751 (Yes2You Rewards)
+1 262 703 7000 (Head Office)
+1 877 342 4337 (Merchandise Departments)
N56 W17000 Ridgewood Drive
Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Fri1:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sat7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 1:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kohl's.

Complaints & Reviews

Kohls — almost impossible to pay your bill

I just now canceled my account, - can't pay unless you have a routing number. - can't pay with...

Kohl'smy bad experience

My boyfriend proposed to me with a beautiful diamond ring from Kohl's, unfortunately it did not fit so we took it back to get it resized. A few weeks later (when it was ready) we went to pick it up. The ring was missing the diamond and after talking to the manager she said that there was nothing they could do about it and that I could pick out another ring of the same value. I then explained to her that this was the ring he picked for me and the ring that he PROPOSED to me with and that I wanted that exact ring. The manager was very rude and didn't seem to care for there customers feelings. So after all that our only options were to keep the original ring with the missing diamond or pick some thing of the same value. Needless to say I picked out another ring, but I AM PISSED!!! I will never shop at Kohl's again and warn everyone to not get jewellery resized or anything else of that nature from their.

Sandra Feb 09, 2009

I agree with you. My fiance got me a ring for Christamas. It took six weeks to get it returned from being sized, and when we went to get it, there was a deep scratch on the side of it. We were told that they can send it back but that it will be an additional 2 weeks to wait... Unbelievable!!!

• Ea
      eagle69 May 28, 2009

HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO JARRODS !!! HAHAHA

• Vi
      Vidya Gopalakrishnan Dec 09, 2015

Kohls is terrible on many counts and and provides false information!! I placed an order online on Nov 25th and realized shortly thereafter that the address had exactly one alphabet wrong. By the way, this was an order to help a priest tide over the Christmas season! I called Kohl's to rectify the mistake, the very next day. Although the order had not even begun to be processed, I was told that the order was in process and changes cannot be made, but a cancellation and a new order for the same items was possible. The first order would be refunded once the cancellation went through. I did this. Unfortunately, not only was the original not cancelled, but they charged me for shipping for the second order-which was advertised as free. The "icing on the cake" was that I never received an email with the details of the cost and don't even have a receipt at this point for my second purchase. When I called back to deal with the first order again, I was also informed by Kohl's that I had to call the shipper and inform them of the mistake in the address, and if that was not possible then the addressee should refuse the order and Kohl's would refund me the amount for the first order. Fedex helped me, but UPS could not. I have yet to receive a refund even though the delivery was refused several days ago. I have spoken to at least 10 people, three of whom are managers. These include Nancy, Daniel, Kiara, Gladys, Sharon Hanson, Rita, John and Reed Gradeless. One manager (John) even had the nerve to give me a wrong telephone extension (x73017) and email address (john.[protected]@kohls.com). I know this because when I tried calling back, I was told that there was no such extension. The second manager (Sharon Hanson) never returned my call, the third told me that he would cancel the order and would email me back, but never did. I called corporate today (Dec 9th, 2015), who sent me back to the online ordering system!!! I beyond furious with KOHL'S, and urge those of you with a similar experience to come forward and share your story. Needless to say, I will NEVER shop at Kohl's and will make sure that my friends and family hear about the unacceptable customer service at Kohl's.

Kohlslate pay

Today I had to call Kohls credit for the third time and I am getting the runaround.

Basically I bought something from them a few months ago and never received a paper bill. I missed two payments. I got it in email form but it was buried in the mass of junkmail I get every week. I never asked for it to be electronic and I cannot seem to get paper statements turned back on.

The first time I called I received an apology and got a credit for the late fees. The customer service person walked me through turning paper bills back on. I thought I was done.

A few weeks later I get a letter saying they can not take the late pays off my credit.

I called back and asked what happened? They said that it must not have been presented correct to the backoffice so they run it through again to get it fixed this time. Also, the customer service person said it is still showing no paper statements... So she walks me through turning paper statements on again.

So I call back in. This time the customer service person says that since they already sent it through twice they probably wont even look at it again. And... I still am not setup to receive paper statements. He accused me of logging into the website and turning them off. I suspect there is a way to check into that.

I'm contacting the credit bureaus but I don't think I will get far. This is awful because it has dropped my credit score below 700 and we are trying to buy a house. Next month… 

• Ta
        TaniaG Jun 25, 2009

Phil,
        Same thing has happened to me and my credit score has dropped from 775 to 660. I am having sleepless nights and do not know what to do. I have had a spotless credit history and now I am banging my head thinking "why did i even open this account".

All this happened when I am just about to buy a house.

God..help me !

• Ca
        Carolynne201 Jan 25, 2010

The exact same thing happened to me! My credit score dropped 50 points. The funny thing is it went back up 15 points once I cancelled my Kohls Credit Card. I have reported this to the BBB and the Attorney General. I have been notified that they will investigate my case further. I would advise both of you doing the same. This way maybe we can put a stop to the unlawful procedures in place at Kohls. Horrible company with the worst customer service department I have ever experienced.

anand25 Aug 01, 2010

Totally agree..same thing happened to me. When I call their customer service, they said I had the paper billing turned off. I asked them to switch it on and then again next month no paper billing..What is worse, my score dropped 50 points due to these idiots. I even wrote to them explaining the situation and they sent a response saying "The integrity of the credit reporting system relies on the validity of the information furnished; therefore, we are unable to comply with your request." Integrity..[censor] you. I immediately called them up and canceled the account and after 8 years of using the card, cut it into 20 pieces..I request everyone using Kohls credit card to do the same. They will make money by hook or crook..

Mama Ain't Happy May 27, 2011

I opened a card in November of 2010. I originally started with paper statements and then went to e mail statements which was a mistake. I placed a charge and then like one customer above, the statements went into my junk mail account with my internet provider. I was called after my account was 60 days late. My records with Kohls show no other call to me prior to this time (they did have valid phone numbers for me). When I complained as to why I was not contacted sooner, I was told by a supervisor that it is NOT the policy of Kohl's to call you at the point of your account being 30 days late. WHY? Because they do not want to upset a customer according to the supervisor. I think the why is...they do not mind ruining the credit histories of their clients. I originate home loans each day and I had noticed that many good paying customers often have lates shown on their Kohl's accounts. I now personally understand why. We are living in difficult financial times when 50 points on a score can make or break a customer. I will close this account even if my score drops 120 points.

Kohl's — incompetent employees

I have been a loyal consumer of Kohl's for ten years, both in-store shopping and online orders. Without...

Kohlslate fee 25 day billing

I think this is a very unfair practice. It is just another way to get a $29.00 late fee out of millions of customers. They day I called it took a very long time to get through I can imagine how many customers were complaining. My payment was due approx the 9th of each and every month, I pay my bill on line so I do pay around the 5th or 6th ...when I went to pay it was already late and they said it was due on the 3rd... go figure. Needless to say they will be losing me as a customer

• Du
          dude1990 Jun 05, 2009

dont just asume that because your payment is usually the 9th every single month is the same say. for example if your payment for january was february 10 the payment for february might be may 7 because feb has 28 days and your payment is every 25 days. the next payment would be apr 1st etc

• St
          starfall56 Sep 20, 2009

Alot of credit card companies have 25 day billing cycles. This information was given to you when you signed up for the account. This is why it is important to read your credit card agreements.

Did you try calling the credit company and asking them to remove the late fee? They will usually remove it for an honest mistake like yours.

If you don't want to wait for credit customer service to answer your call you can always call from any local Kohl's store. They have a phone in the customer service area that is a direct line to the credit company so that you don't have to wait. Also, the customer service assoicate can call on your behalf if you do not wish to deal with a representative over the phone, they just need your lisence, SSN and Kohl's card.

Did you know that you can also pay your Kohl's card payment at any register in the store? You can even pay right after you use your card so that you don't have to worry about paying the bill later. You can also pay online and even set up payments 45 days in advance on the website.

We really do try to make every effort to make your experience at Kohl's a pleasant one, but we cannot help you if you don't tell us that you are upset.

• Ke
          kenvon Nov 25, 2009

My November statement was due 11/21/09. My on-line payment cleared on 11/20/09. On my December statement I was charged a $25 late fee. When I called Kohl's they told me they changed my statement due date to 11/19/09 and I was one day late. Supervisor Peggy, TK82150 told me they can change my statement due date any time they want too and without any notification.

Kohl's Credit Cardnew 25 day billing period

The new 25 day billing period is deceptive and not customer friendly...just another way to scam more $ in late fees. Fee is $29.00 fee for late payment. If you are on a budget and accustomed to paying multiple bills every month on a set schedule you may want to consider paying off and getting rid of your Kohl's credit card to avoid late payment fees due to Kohl's Credit Card new 25 day billing policy. Your due date changes every month. You really have to watch it closely.

Kohl's — harassing phone calls

I purchased an item from Kohl's for around $45.00. I did not pay on time and they sent me a bill for...

Kohl's Department Store — working conditions at kohl's dept. stores

Here's the gist of my complaint: *Kohl's understaffs their stores... 15 people for a 88, 000...

Kohl's Department Storea sale item returned

I purchased a kitchen rug on 8 / 12 / 08. The purchase price was $ 19. 99. The sale was buy one get one 50% off. I only purchased one because i only needed one. When i got home the rug was too long for the area that i needed it for, so i returned it on 8 / 15 / 08. I am complaining and upset because my return value was $ 15. 40. I feel that if i purchased something for $19. 99 and i decide to return it, that i should get my full refund!
          I love to shop at kohl's. It's my favorite store, but i don't feel as though i should just give the store my hard earned cash !!!

Jeanne gindhart

• Da
              dan Sep 11, 2008

question did you use a coupon on your purchace cause if you used a coupon for you entire transaction it would still apply duh!!!

• Br
              britishpumpkin Dec 26, 2008

Also, did you even bring your receipt with you when you returned it?You didn't mention it.The computer doesn't know hoe much you paid for it on whatever day it was.

• Jt
              jt12 May 21, 2009

yeah. if you had your reciept, you would most definitly get back EXACTLY what you paid for it. sounds like you has a coupon you forgot to account for.
              or, without a reciept, you would get the lowest sale price in store credit. which is not the store's fault because they have no idea who much you actually paid for it.
              so either way, your wrong.

• Ko
              kohlsmike Sep 13, 2009

yea im with the other comments here. and caps lock isnt cruise control for cool

Kohl'scredit card

This is the second Kohl's bill in a row I have received with a 25.00 non payment fee and finance charges. The last time I never received the bill in the mail. I know they have my correct address, but I also know the bill never came in the mail. All of my other bills got paid on time that month! This time, I received the bill and mailed payment on the 15th. It was due on the 19th. $25 nonpayment & finance charge because they did not process the payment by the 19th. I beleive it was received by them on time and I am paying because they take a few days to process their payment. I really think they are trying to make money off of people who just accept this fee & don't question their policies. I used to like shopping at Kohl's, but it's not worth the hassle anymore.

• Pl
                PlanoJane Aug 13, 2009

Use another card. They take Visa, MC, Amex, and maybe even Discover. Kohl's is usually a nice place to shop. I like that my store is NOT at the mall and I don't have to fight the mall traffic.

Kohl's cards have extremely high interest rates anyway!

• Cl
                clester Sep 13, 2009

why dont you pay your bill in the store or online? obviously you can go there to shop, so you can go there to pay your bill.

Kohls — unethical lending practices

I was a KOHL'S customer for over 4 years and never missed a payment whenever there was a balance in my...

Kohl's — rude employees and unwritten policy!

My wife and I go to Kohl's weekly to shop for clothes for her. She has spent thousands of dollars in...

Kohl's — harassing phone calls!

They are calling constantly and when you got pick up the phone it hangs up. When you do get to talk to ...

Kohl's — harassment!

At the register at Kohl's? Tempted to get the charge card to receive 10-20% off? DON'T DO IT. You...

Kohl'scredit card fraud!

I bought some stuff from Kohl's in March of 2007. I paid all but $22.00. I never got a remaining statement for the $22.00. Kohl's claims they sent it "numerous times" and one representative told me that they were returned. The address they say they sent them to was a P.O. Box that I had all my mail forwarded to when I moved from Colorado to Iowa. Another Kohl's representative told me today that they did NOT get any of the statements returned. The P.O. Box still exists as my daughter is using it as her mailbox. She has NEVER received one statement from Kohl's. She is an accountant and would not ignore this. I get a notice in the mail yesterday that I owe them $181.00 in late fees and finance charges for the $22.00 I owed them, and this has been turned over to a collection agency. I had sent them $150.00 in March and another $50.00 in April. Do they really think that I was trying to avoid a $22.00 bill? When I called to discuss this,they refused to listen or consider what I was saying. THE MANAGER DIANE REFUSED TO RETURN MY CALL. It's funny that they couldn't find me 7 months ago (with an active P.O. Box), yet now that they have ran up the finance fees, etc. they "found" me. Huh, funny how that works. It's pretty hard to pay a bill that you don't even know you owe! If I owe you $22.00 just tell me and I'll pay the bill. Now I have a bad debt entry on an absolutely SPOTLESS credit history because of these idiots. SO... MY KOHL's CARD IS GONE and that's the last I will ever set foot inside of their stores. I hope you will too. Or, at least be very careful, as it seems to me that they just wait until someone misses a payment, then BANG you go on the "we stop sending statements list" so we can run up these charges and send it to collections without you even knowing...

• Na
                  Nasima Jeeva Feb 04, 2008

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION. I HAVE BEEN LIVING AT THE SAME ADDRESS AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THEY WERE SENDING PAYMENTS AND THE MAIL WAS RETURNED NOW THEY ARE ABLE TO FIND ME AND TELLING ME THAT I DIDN'T PAY THEN IT WAS AROUND $300.00 AND THEY SEND IT TO THE COLLECTION AGENCY. i ASKED THEM IF YOU GIVE ME A PROOF THAT I SIGNED THE RECIEPT I WILL PAY BECAUSE I DON'T REMEMBER ANY BILL THAT I DIDN'T PAY THEIR AGENT 'JUNE' IS SO RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL REFUSE TO LISTEN AND WAS YELLING AT ME AND SAYING YO HAVE TO PAY. I CAN'T TILL I FIND OUT WHAT THE TRUTH IS.I WISH SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME WITH THIS. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS.

• De
                  deb curren Nov 03, 2008

Write the CEO BBB and attorney generals office. I did and I did get SOME action. I still will NEVER shop Khol's

• Fi
                  fit to be tide Jan 29, 2010

I recently recieved a late statement saying my account was past due. The problem? I didn't even know I had a balance to begin with, now they have reported me to a credit bureau. The 'late fees' are way more that what was supposedly my original bill amount. They said they had been emailing my bill to me, I KNOW I never recieved these emails, All I can say, is STAY AWAY FROM KOHL'S CREDIT CARD!!!

Anything for a CC app Jun 22, 2010

Kohl's customer service representatives will run your credit card application even if you tell them you will be declined. How do I know? I was declined the first time for having great credit, thousands in savings, but no present income (returned back to college at a later age in life). The application was made - then I had to wait and hold up the line. Well, the credit co. called the CSR right then and there - she said, "just tell me what me what you used to make - they just need a number." She just wanted the credit for putting an app. through.

Same thing happened to me today. I told the CSR I will be denied because I HAVE NO INCOME! She wanted me to apply anyway so I could receive 10% off (not even worth the ding on my credit report) and get herself credit for putting an app. through. This is very, very, very shady.

Kohl's — credit card scam

We used to shop at Kohl's regularly, especially for school clothes and Christmas shopping. They WERE my...

Kohls — extremely rude customer service

I was in my neighborhood Kohls this evening to purchase a leather coat and dress shirt. I brought the item...

Kohl'srefund policy

I had bought a few items for my son at Christmas. The item size where marked wrong. I did not have the receipt and I took them back. Only to find out that I was not given a store credit but a refund. Yes a refund of $5.00 from $36.00. The store manager told me I was refund the clearance price that was in the computer. Well I did not buy them on sale or clearancre and if that was what was in the computer then where is the item in the store that I could exchange them for the right size. After all they had made them from on the tag. I will not shop there again And plan on sending there credit card back to the in pieces. I also plan on posting this on every site I can and email the corporate office.

• Ko
                    kohlsemployee Jan 10, 2008

I'm not really sure why you expected Kohls to refund the full retail price when you did not have the reciept. Almost any retail store you shop at has this same policy, if you return an item without the reciept you can exchange it or get a refund of the lowest sale price. If this wasnt the policy people could buy products for the explicit purpose of scamming the store out of money.

• Am
                    Amy Loera Feb 08, 2008

This should teach you a valuable lesson. Keep your recipts. The only person here you should be mad at is yourself!

Jordan Feb 27, 2008

KEEP YOUR RECEIPT and you will AVOID this.

margaret drake Mar 24, 2008

I recieved a $10.00 rebate check from KOHLs for a toaster oven I purchased. At the time i bought the oven, I asked if the rebate was for merchandise only, or if it was cash. Customer Service told me it would be a check for cash. When I recieved the check, i took it to KHOLs to apply it to my bill. I was told they could not accept their, I had to take it to the bank, cash it and then bring the cash back to apply it to my bill. I scares me to think KHOLs won't accept their own check, make me go through all kinds of nonsense to cash it. NO MORE REBATE CHECKS FROM KHOL' FOR ME

• Am
                    Amanda Apr 12, 2008

If you bought it with your kohl's charge they should have scanned your card and looked it up. If you did not use your Kohl's charge and did not have a receipt their is no way for them to verify how much you paid for it.

Jordan May 03, 2008

In response to Margaret:
                    The rebates are processed by a 3rd party company that deals with the manufacurer of the product, not the companies that sell them. The check is not From Kohl's.

• Ka
                    Karma Jan 31, 2009

If you buy something ESPECIALLY on Christmas please keep your receipts!!! Do not expect ANY store to cut you some slack because you loose your receipt which is the EVIDENCE of your purchase.

martini7 Jan 19, 2010

anything without a receipt you always get the lowest price. anyhow with out a receipt, how do they know what price u paid. keep your receipt.your the one in the wrong. i guess u wanted them to kiss your ### so you can get your way. wrong!!!

martini7 Jan 19, 2010

any rebate check is always cashed at a bank. kohls is not a bank. idiot!!!

Kohl's — warning! return policy & gift cards

Kohl's does not care about their customers! All they care about is the dollar and how they're going...

Kohl's — ripping off customers wrong prices

I spend alot of money at kohls but will never step foot in there again. I made a 250 purchase there the other...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices