Home DepotOnline order

K Jun 11, 2020

DO NOT USE THEIR ONLINE ORDERING. I made an order on June 3/20 and found out it would take about a month to deliver. I needed to cancel and see if I could get it from another retailer. I called on June 4/20 to cancel the order. After waiting on hold for 2 hrs, I spoke with a representative said she cancelled the order. On June 9/20 I received a confirmation that part of my order was being shipped. Even though I cancelled the order on Jun 4/20, only part of the order was cancelled and it listed that it was cancelled on June 9/20 - 5 days after being told this was cancelled. I called back on June 10/20 and waited another 2hrs on hold. When I spoke with a representative they told me they were unable to cancel the remaining order that had not yet been shipped and was on back order. He said I would need to speak with a manager. While the representative said he was escalating my call, I was transferred to a non-functioning voicemail. I tried calling back and the office was closed. I called back on June 11/20 but this time, instead of calling and selecting "Help with an existing order", I selected "Help placing an order". I only waited 15 mins on hold. This representative was able to finally cancel the order. I was instructed by this representative to return what I had received to the local store and I would receive a refund in 3-5 days. This doesn't make sense why it would take this long to get a refund nor do I trust that they will actually give me a refund. I will see what happens with this. All in all, I wasted 10 hrs of my time trying to reach someone to help me with this and getting the run around. When you work from home and need the phone available to work, I lost a lot of income just trying to return items I ordered long before the order was both processed and shipped. I will never shop at Home Depot online or in store ever again!

• Al
    Al Mangarelli Jul 09, 2020

I Agree with you completely. Home depot is guilty of FALSE ADVERTGETTING IN TOUCH ABOUT ITISING!! they do not install upon delivery... been waiting for over two weeks to get a dishwasher delivered and installed as ad said. Bought the necessary parts... and to have the old one removed. HOME DEPOT DOES NOT INSTALL WHEN ITS DELIVERED. NO ON CALLS BACK AFTER REPORTING PROBLEM!!

Look for a good appliance dealer before using home deport...do yourself a favor!!!