Having problems with Home Depot?

Home Depot Customer Service Contacts

1800 628 0525 (Canada)
1800 759 2070 (Pro Xtra Customer Service, Canada)
1800 747 3787 (Credit Card Accounts, Canada)
1800 004 6633 (Mexico)
+1 800 466 3337 (USA, Sales)
+1 800 430 3376 (USA, Customer Service)
+1 877 946 9843 (USA, Major Appliances)
+1 866 875 5488 (USA, Consumer Account)
2455 Paces Ferry Rd SE, #B #3
Atlanta, New Jersey
United States - 30339-1834

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Home Depot Customer Service. Initial Home Depot complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Home Depot above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Home Depot. Discuss the issues you have had with Home Depot and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

HomeDepot — scanned your items too many times

I lived in FL and went to a HomeDepot in NY to help my mom fixed her apartment. In a hurry and talking to my...

Home Depot, Pittsburgh, PAsiding installation

Shoddy workmanship and no follow-up: piece of siding fell off after 5 years, so well below the average siding life length. Called for service, someone called back next day, and was scheduled a few days after that for 1:00 p.m. Contractor did not arrive by 1:30, nor 1:40, so I called and left my exact name, address and phone number--still no call back by 2:00 p.m. Called Home Depot, who attempted to reach contractor...who then called me at the same time...claimed he arrived 12:00 p.m. Yes, one hour early, BUT he left no note, no message--no call ahead that he was coming. After two more calls to try to get this rescheduled via HD, nothing.

DO NOT HAVE HOME DEPOT DO ANY CONTRACTING WORK FOR YOU--SHODDY, POOR CONTRACTORS, AND NO FOLLOWUP WHEN ISSUES!!!

Home Depot — hampton bay dragonfruit red patio umbrella

Don’t by Hampton Bay products from HomeDepot. I have been a loyal HomeDepot shopper for EVER. At my previou...

Chilliwack

Home Depot CA1.5 cu ft haier - portable top loading washer

AFTER being routed through a number of departments, I was informed that Home Depot doesn't offer the extended warranty to the $399 washing machine that I ordered online through their website. I believe that all companies should offer extended warranties to customers - whether the purchase was online or bought in store.
    I can in fact buy a toaster, in store, and get the extended warranty.
    A further explanation from HOME DEPOT - this $399 product is classified as a small appliance - hence no extended warrantee. BUT it truly was because the product was from HAIER - and not from LG or SAMSUNG.
    SHAME ON YOU - Home Depot. Had I known at the time of purchase that the company would not offer the extended warranty on the $399 purchase - I WOULD NOT HAVE MADE THAT PURCHASE.

I would appreciate that either I can return the product and get my money refunded or the Company offer the extended warranty.

Home Depot — behr paint rebate credit card

Purchased over 15 gallons of paint when there was a promotional rebate from Home Depot. Took 6 weeks to...

Home Depotappliance order

I ordered a refrigerator online and paid for an ice maker to be installed as well. Installer came and installed unit and left water line sitting in a vase behind the fridge. No phone call. There was also a dent on the fridge. When you call to complain you get the runaround by a dispatching delivery group. I was forwarded to file a claim with their insurance company. I was also told I would be issued a damage credit. Nothing, nada, zero. I have spent several hours of my time pursuing a resolution and not even a refund for the ice maker unit that was never installed. Poor service, and a bad experience.

Home Depotwindows

One of our newly installed windows (installed on 4/21/16) failed to function on 6/13/16. It no longer stays in place when the window is open. I called Home Depot [protected]) and was assured I would receive a return call in less than 2 days. I called again on 6/17/16 and then again 6/24/16 to check to see if I may have missed a call. On 7/11/16 I tried one more time to find out if we were in the queue for repair and was told once again I would receive a call in two days. On 7/14 I sent an email to the installation manager and the sales consultant explaining that I thought waiting over a month for a return call was excessive. It is now one week later and no call or email to notify us how this "lifetime warranty" was going to be handled.
        Job # 9041096

RESOLVED

Finally, after a few more emails, one of Home Depot representatives took the time to listen to our explanation of the problem. He came out and within two minutes the problem was resolved.

• Jc
            J & C Ward Jul 19, 2016

These gentleman kept saying they wanted us to be happy. Product failure doesn't make us happy.

The Home Depot — behr marquee paint

Case # [protected] When we bought the paint we were told that it would cover the wall in one coat. We bought 2...

Home Depotbait and switch on ad for scotts bark mulch

Ad on line for Scotts bark mulch for $2 a bag was good until 7/10/16 but changed somewhere between 7/6 and 7/8 as it disappeared from the online
          ad and store employees played dumb on the subject .
          Did not get my bark there nor will I ever again .
          I do have an act with Home Depot from about a month ago but will never be using it ...

Home Depot11 ft solar powered umbrella / sliding crank sleeve break

I have had same experience as the priors.
            We travel a lot during summer, so don't use the umbrella that much and is kept out of the elements in our garage when not being used.
            We honestly have opened it maybe 4-5 times and when we did for this Father's Day, the sliding crank sleeve cracked and broke. I know things happen, but as long as someone stands by their product and/or can assist in anyway, that's what matters. But in this case, they not only did not help or stand by their product (which was definitely a design flaw, because the new models now being sold are clearly changed in that area of the umbrella), they don't even make or have the part for me to buy and salvage the $300 unit, which is now trash.
            Would not buy or deal with any Hamptonbay product just from a customer service stand point.

Tuff Shed & Home Depot — two sheds

We bought 2 barn sheds over 3 months ago. Paid over $8000. Neither shed is complete. Absolute horrible...

Home Depotroof

I am having a roof replaced in Ft Myers, Fl(lead # 8909123)
              The contract was signed on 1/21/2016. A month went by, then two month,
              then a nice gentleman from your Atlanta office called to inform me that Home Depot could not get a contractor to replace my roof .
              The apology came with a $500.00 gift card, .Well I was upset and stressed. And a gift card would replace my roof.
              Two or three weeks later Ben calls to inform me that they found a contractor who he informed me was exultant, I research them to verify that they had insurance and licence, etc;
              Still it the project didn't get started till April 11, and now it is May 26 and its still not complete. Yet your people say it is complete yet on Friday the county inspector came and failed the final roof inspection and when he was on my roof he tore off a section of shingles . Now I am told the roof is finished, and thus you have billed me for the job and I am missing shingles.
              Now I
              have had two crews walk off the job. The Sky lite was the wrong size which was not determined to after they (the roofers) tore the old one off and threw it in the dumpster.that took an extra few with out a sky lite, Also the wrong color drip edge . Now I have a Octagon house, and so does my neighbor . My neighbor roof was also being replaced also an Octagon roof, that roofer started on 5/16 and was completed and had its final inspection on 5/20. Now I want my roof complete I demand at least 50% off of this bill ! And my roof finished before leave, my job is out of state I have lost three weeks of work due to this nightmare!

Hampton Baysolar cantilever umbrella

I purchased a Hampton Bay Solar Cantilever Umbrella. It is in perfect working order. However, the handle crack and split after very low use. The handle is made of plastic and is not suited well to this product. I called the company for replacement parts and was told I am out of luck and my warranty is up. This product was purchased at the Home Depot. We have been very loyal customers there for years. The umbrella was upwards of 900 dollars Canadian. I am furious with the Home Depot and this will be the last they see of our support. I will be completing major construction on my home in the next year. You Loose Home Depot. Do yourself a favor...don't buy this umbrella. Consumer complaints next stop.

• Kr
                    Kris D. Jun 08, 2017

I had my exact same umbrella less than a year. 10 mph wind and a rib broke. They do NOT offer replacement ribs. New Umbrella top costs $120.00 and another $80.00 for shipping. Hampton Bay will never see another purchase from me. NOT HAPPY!!!

• Re
                    reneemckimmons Aug 14, 2016

we bought a hampton bay solar 11ft umbrella from home depot and we also had the handle that lifts up and down to extend the whole unit break in half. they hesitantly replaced it was same as you a day before warrenty was up. I has done it again only the metal handle ripped straight up the center, the handle, like a can that opened up and dropped the umbrella to the ground. out rageous. and i will be calling hampton bay monday

Home DepotI had a horrible experience with the rental tool service.

One of the staff members recommended a 15A ampacity rated electric pressure washer to me, and so I rented it. When I took it home and tried to plug it into two of my outlets, the circuit breakers tripped both times. So I went back to Home-Depot and asked a staff for a full refund but he refused to do so, and only offered me a 50% refund. They plugged the pressure washer into their circuit over at Home-Depot and it worked fine there, but that wasn’t my point. The problem was that the tool didn’t work in my home as like general customer, and it damaged my circuit breaker. I thought that they should’ve given me a full refund.

Home Depot — kitchen remodel

My complaint is with the kitchen installers Home Depot St.Petersburg uses for their kitchen remodels, Total...

Home Depot — unfair billing practices

My husband has been a Home Depot credit card holder for many years. Last year, he had an incident at the...

Home Depotsamsung washing machine wont clean and is noisy and getting worse

bought a samsung washing machine in sept 2015 and paid over $500 for it thinking it would be great as samsung generally makes a good produce. anyway it wont clean our clothes and is noisy and getting noisier as time goes on. contacted home depot after a few weeks and they basically said sorry about your bad luck, contact samsung. well we did buy it at home depot and thought they might have some customer service. so we contacted samsung and naturally they said it was our fault, our water is probably bad and so on. then they asked who installed it and we told them home depot did so now it was the installers fault. called home depot, they said it was samsungs problem and that they had a lot of folks who were complaining about the same thing, their clothes just would not come clean. called home depot manager, they wouldnt let us talk to him, they insulate them from complaints seems like. called samsung, got kicked back to home depot. beginning to feel like a soccer ball getting kicked from end to end. and we have probably $3500 worth of appliances bought from this same store and have never complained but they accuse us of buyers remorse. anyway its a sad state of affairs the customer service you get nowadays.

Home Depot U.S.A., Inc.tool rental

I rented a self propelled lawnmower for a day from your mobile Al store at 4:17 pm 3/15/2016. I came home and begun cutting my backyard. When I had completed cutting about half of my backyard the self-propelled function of the lawnmower stopped working. I Immediately had my wife call the rental center at the store. They told my wife they were not sure why the lawnmower had malfunctioned but they would check it when I brought it back in. After I tried unsuccessfully to trouble shoot and restore the self-propelled function I came in to call the tool center. I explained my problem, I spoke with Jimmie D the csr who rented me the mower. Jimmie told me the lawnmower was new and should not be broken, I agreed. Jimmy offered me a pushmower because they did not have another self propelled mower. I told him I did not want a pushmower which is why I rented the self propelled mower because of the large size of my yard and the amount of daylight I had available. He then told me to just bring it back and he would cancel my contract and give me a refund. This phone conversation took place at 6:26 according to the call log on my phone. After the conversation with Jimmie D. I came in to explain to my wife the situation. I went back outside to clean the lawnmower and load it into my vehicle. My wife made me a snack as I had not eaten going straight to Home Depot from work and picking up my daughter. I live according to google maps 9.5 miles from this store, a 16 minute drive. I also stopped to get gas to fill up the lawnmower. Upon arriving to the store the first thing Jimmy D asked me was did I finish cutting my grass, I replied no. He proceeded to ask me why not, I said because the self -propelled feature quit working. By this time Jimmy was speaking to me in a way as to insinuate that I had intentionally broken the lawnmower as to get a free rental. Not one time did he apologize to me for my inconvenience or for the fact they did not even have a replacement to offer me. He then told me I didn't come right away so I must have finished cutting my grass and then came to get a refund. He did his troubleshooting of the lawnmower and determined that the belt had come off. He then begrudgingly instructed another employee to give me a refund as he disappeared to the back. This employee Tavarrez p, checked my equipment back in, but then determined it would be best to check with the manager of duty to get approval.( as if something suspicious was going on. He gets the manager on the phone and he says "this customer rented a self propelled lawnmower and it broke while he was using it but he is just now bringing it back in. The manager told him to charge me half of the minimum, which ended up being $15.00. The time on my receipt is 7:43, I would say I spent about 20 minutes in the store. If you review the times I have given you I would hope that you would agree that it is ridiculous to suggest that I would rent a lawnmower, tamper with it just to cut my grass and defraud Home depot of 38.00 plus tax. I am outraged at how I was treated and how this situation was handled, from your csr to your manager on duty. According to your own policy if equipment is broken while in a customers possession it is paid for by the mandated insurance that is charged upon rental. I never asked for a refund, I wanted another piece of equipment to actually finish cutting my yard. I was inconvenienced, I was insulted, and it really boils down to being racially discriminated against. I feel very strongly had I not been a black male I would not have been treated in such a manner. I just hope someone reads this email, and attempts to remedy this situation and ensure another one of your customers should have to go through this. I personally will never shop in another home depot.

• Dl
                          dlomack506 Mar 16, 2016

After emailing customer service about this incident, I was contacted by a representative by phone. He was nice and apologized for what happened. I was refunded all my money, and he offered me a rental to finish cutting my yard. He also said the employees I had dealt with would be contacted. I felt the company worked to correct an unfortunate incident and made a wrong situation, right.

Home Depot — garage doors

talked to window and door desk in Sioux falls about ordering garage doors was told to do it on line with...

Home Depotkitchen planning and installation

Had Professional (as advertised) kitchen planner do a complete makeover of our kitchen. Ordered top of the line Martha Stewart cabinets and Quartz counter tops, sink, faucet, garbage disposal. The installers measured two different times to make sure everything was right. Ordered cabinets in April, the kitchen was not completed until November. Cabinets did not fit, allowances for dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave were all wrong, and make shift adjustments had to be done. Counter tops were ordered and did not fit, then the company went out of business before they were re-made. We had to start over with a new contractor who screwed the plywood sub base for the counter top into one of the pull out cabinets, so it would not open. The unfinished bottom of the cabinets was exposed and could be seen when sitting at the counter. Custom oven cabinets was right on the floor, had to be moved up. We had no sink, oven, micro wave, for months, and the refrigerator was in the living room. We did dishes in the bathroom for 3 months, had to cook on a hot plate or go out to eat.
                        Home Depot offered me a 20% discount on the total bill of $25, 000 which I refused. Now they say that is their final offer, and they will not re-work the kitchen to my satisfaction. This offer came from through the new CEO
                        Craig Menear.

• JKWilliams Mar 01, 2016

Home Depot's (Palm Springs, CA) Corian installers major messed up, required 4 separate trips to do installation (pieces had been made like up to 6" off), then still not right (I kid you not) and they eventually called someone in from 200 miles away to finish the job. In addition, the installer ripped off my 1/2" X 1" shims needed to set the countertop height to align with the slide in stove. The stove sat square on the floor, drawer hardly could be opened - just so the lip didn't stick above the counter. A total disaster! Took 4 weeks to install this, after the 3 week so-called fabrication waiting period where I'm certain someone was definitely on drugs

They offered absolutely nothing to me in recompense for this despite me threatening to go to small claims court. Absolutely nothing! Count your blessings. 20% of your cost is a lot. Take it.