Menu
ServicePlus Home Warranty Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

ServicePlus Home Warranty
reviews and complaints

www.serviceplus.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.4 38 Reviews

How responsive is ServicePlus Home Warranty's customer service?

13 Resolved
8 Unresolved
Good 👍
ServicePlus Home Warranty is generally doing well in dealing with customer problems, which is nice to see! But there is still a lot of work to be done (for example, responding to all incoming complaints). We suggest reviewers take some time to understand how exactly the company operates. Reading other customers' experiences can also give insight into how ServicePlus Home Warranty handles challenging situations.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for ServicePlus Home Warranty has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

ServicePlus Home Warranty reviews and complaints 38

Filter reviews by rating
17 reviews
Sort by:

Newest ServicePlus Home Warranty reviews and complaints

8:52 am EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Fooling and cheating customers

Their salesman sold me 3-year home warranty policy with some discount and said the policy can be cancelled anytime and I can get the money back. Now that I am with them for 9-month and think I actually do not need the policy anymore, so I called them to cancel. But their cancellation department said they cannot accept my cancellation request, so no money can be returned. They kept saying that they did not do anything wrong so I as the customer cannot cancel them without a good reason. Their cancellation policy has a section of mutual agreement by them and the customer, which stated that if customer wants to cancel after 30-day period, customer can get pro rated refund and pay $50 administration fee. I am willing to pay for that but they say that “mutual” agreement means after if they agree to cancel my policy. But my personal cancellation request does not qualify for good reason to cancel so they cannot issue my refund. I am stuck with them. They are definitely fooling and cheating customers.

10:11 am EST

ServicePlus Home Warranty Lack of resolving my claims

After numerous tries on filing a claim both by computer and calling (the phone always disconnects) I made a BBB complaint. They then finally called me and I was able to make my complaint. It has now been 6 days and I still do not have a contractor assigned or my 2 items fixed. They keep offering me $200 to get it done myself. I did this back in July and it took 4 months to be paid back. I do not want to waste my time trying to find two contractors to fix my items and I know it will be over $200. They are yet to connect me to someone who will fix my items. I’ve called and left numerous messages.

Claimed loss: $500 total cost for the annual plan.

Desired outcome: To fix my refrigerator and my pool pump issues.

5:44 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ServicePlus Home Warranty - Contract

Hi, Before I contact BBB and Hawaii’s attorney general (you won’t be able to include Hawaii in your business). I did everything Service Plus asked me, I paid for a 5 year contract over a thousand dollars and was told I could cancel anytime if a problem arose and I would be refunded my remaining balance. They also told me if an appliance was not reparable...

Read full review of ServicePlus Home Warranty

Is ServicePlus Home Warranty legit?

Our verdict: ServicePlus Home Warranty earns high praise from Complaints Board, distinguished as a company with a robust reputation for trustworthiness and reliability. Despite the possibility of occasional service issues, ServicePlus Home Warranty's overall track record speaks to its legitimacy and reliability as a service provider. Engaging with ServicePlus Home Warranty can be done with confidence, though maintaining a level of caution.

ServicePlus Home Warranty earns 88% level of Trustworthiness

Excellent Trust Notice: ServicePlus Home Warranty near-perfect at 88% trust. Use with confidence, maintaining usual caution.

We found clear and detailed contact information for ServicePlus Home Warranty. The company provides a physical address, phone number, and email, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Serviceplus.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Serviceplus.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• ServicePlus Home Warranty protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website belonging to ServicePlus Home Warranty has a low number of visitors, which could be a red flag for users. However, it's important to conduct additional research to fully evaluate the website's legitimacy and trustworthiness.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to ServicePlus Home Warranty. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
M
9:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty Our heating system hasn't functioned since 10-12-2023. Today is 10-17-2023. Our account #[protected], and claim # 784404

We've made numerous calls about this issue, but still get told they're still getting in touch with a technician!

George Rathke

6631 Abbotswood Dr

Toledo, OH 43615

[protected]

[protected]@gmail.com

OR

[protected]@yahoo.com

After waiting 48 hours for the company to contact a technician to service our heating system that hasn't functioned since 10-12-2023. Today is 10-17-2023. We've made numerous phone calls for this issue! The overnight temperatures outside have been in the low 40s! And since then, we're using space heaters during the day but not overnight for safety reasons! Our account #[protected], and claim # 784404

Desired outcome: Fix the heating system ASAPWe've made 4 payments of $525.00 from [protected] to [protected] for coverage from [protected] to [protected]

3:15 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Service Plus Home Warranty

We have had terrible service from this company for the last 3 months. We were trying to get our air conditioning service fixed for a month and a half. They kept stringing us along and finally said that they would not cover any of the repair. We are wanting to cancel our account with them and I've already signed up with another home warranty company. Service Plus says we are obligated to keep paying until November because it's a year contract. We have paid month to month and we feel that they should just end our contract since we are not satisfied with the service. Here is the paragraph in the contract. We don't require any refund. We just want termination of this so called "service".

Desired outcome: Cancellation without having to pay any other months.

View 0 more photos
A
1:55 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Denied claim

Central air conditioner broke down. Service Plus sent a service contractor out who I paid $45 (I have platinum plan). He took pics, explained everything to me, system is non repairable.

I called Service Plus a few days later to see what is happening with my claim. They said service contractor never sent anything, I called them, they said they did. Today, I called again, 45 min on hold to be told denied. Total scam. Offered me a free $45 service call fee for next time something breaks. And that was only after I made it clear I was contacting BBB and anyone else I can complain to.

Desired outcome: I would like my air replaced or minimum my premiums I've paid for 7 year warranty

2:44 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty Insurance claim not being paid!

I have a claim# 770614 with Service Plus Home Warranty. They are refusing to pay my claim. It is for an air conditioner that had to have coil replaced due to ordinary wear and tear. At no place in the policy does it state that it will not pay for ordinary wear and tear. Just of it is rusted .It was not rusted as it is copper!

Copper does not rust! So then they said i needed pictures, At no place in the policy dos it say we needed pictures. I followed, all their rules I called first got authorization to have it fixed by a local contractor who put it in. I got authorization then the contractor called them. They did NOT tell him to take pictures! He ordered the part needed and fixed it , Now they refuse to pay for it! They offered me 3 months free insurance at $40.00 and & 75.00 fee .My bill was for $1231.47. and they wont send a check for that. I would have to keep that insurance for 3 months plus the fee! I so ok if you wont cover it, then send me a check. They will not do it. They have lied and said I did not follow rules , then changed it to not covered part. I read every line , it does not say that! PLEASE help me! They keep changing the story. They said i di not submit the picture which they never ask for in the beginning and now the part is gone. so I have nothing. I cannot afford to just pay that kind of money and i got the insurance and was told how easy it is to file a claim I have been at this for 3 weeks!This is a scam ! I am 81.I lost my husband and thought that this policy could help me with expenses, so far all i do is cry every time I call them. They do not know their policy! It states that coil not covered if rusty!

i have called my tech 3 times at his work place. This cannot keep going on!

I need to be paid at One point they offered me $200.00 ? but i guess that would just be in insurance premiums I will cancel this policy i have been lied to so much and they change their stories! Refuse to give me phone numbers etc!

Desired outcome: Pay my bill or at least part of it. 200 dollars wont get it. I need a check not just more insurance! I have tried to upload the bill so you could see it but cannot.

View 0 more photos
2:57 pm EDT

ServicePlus Home Warranty A/C

I submitted a claim on 05/09/2023 at around 8:30pm. I was not informed at that point on the online site that it would take 24-48 hours for a response/or technician to be assigned. We did not receive any email with that information until Friday the 12th, which by this point i had already called about 3 times. The urgency for certain claims should have priority. Especially when its in a severe hot state and there are people with disabilities in the home and children. After i received the technician information we had to wait another 2 days making it so far 7 days to just get a technician to say they have checked everything, and it needs a new compressor. Really, now it is May 17th, and we are still suffering with the heat, and the technician said it would take another 24/48 hours from that Monday. Its passed the 48 hours and i just called the company to have them say that it is being reviewed and that they just received the technician report Tuesday therefore another 24/48 hours. What are we paying for? Regarding the issue that a claim is being submitted should be prioritize due to its severity, especially involving people with health issues in the home and small children. This is unacceptable, and now we have to wait another 24/48 hours for the results. Seriously I should have done my due diligence and researched a lot more than take a friend's word for it. I am a very unsatisfied customer.

Desired outcome: For our claim to be taken seriously for its urgency. This should not be happening with claims dealing with A/C, Heater, Plumbing and Electrical. These should be high priority claims. I need this taken care of immediately.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty ServicePlus Home Warranty has the worst Customer Support, Claims Support, Customer On-line support, reimbursement process/satisfaction and

ServicePlus Home Warranty has the worst Customer Support, Claims Support, Customer On-line support, reimbursement process/satisfaction and resolution/reconciliation manager. C.R. insulted me by suggesting I have no sense. And I quote " ***, it makes no sense for YOU to cancel your account because I am giving you free service until August ". He used the "it makes no sense" statement with me more than a dozen times over the course of 2 calls. I asked if I had provided him with all documentation he requested? He replied "yes". I asked him what would happen now. He said it had to be "loaded into the system" and his management had to review it. I told him, that was not what he told me before. He told me that he would handle my case personally and was able to make decisions about the situation. I told him I wanted to cancel my account right now. He said it would only take 20 seconds to cancel my account but that I should wait. I told him again. I do not want to wait, I want to cancel now. Again an insult. "*** you dont understand. This is a big business and we can't just make these decisions without managements review and approval". Insinuating I dont know how a large organization works. Again, insulting! Finally, after I asked to speak to his boss, told him I was insulted, and wanted to close my account "NOW"! he said he would cancel the account but it would take a few minutes (not 20 seconds) and he would be right back. A few minutes later he returned and said he cancelled the account and I should see it in my inbox in a few minutes. As of this writing it has not arrived. He asked if he could anything else. I responded YES. I would like the name and phone number or his boss and/or next level of management there? He said no. He is a manager and if I sent him an email asking to have my case reviewed by another level he would forward it. I said I didn't believe him. I asked if my account was cancelled now? He responded with a yes. He said good bye.

B. Johns
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Got 6 year warrenty when purchasing a home. Agent said it was platinum product with all the addons for septic, roof, electric, plumbing, HVac, additional appliances, etc. First to claims made in 2/22 still un solved, after being reopened 3 times. 1 from 5/22 for hvac closed with wrong diagnosis. REOPENED promised tech in24hrs. No one called or came. Asked for refund of unused years as sales person promised we could. MANAGER WAS SO RUDE. SAID HE WOULD NEVER LET US HAVE OUR MONEY BACK CAUSE OUR FIRST CLAIM ACTIVATED POLICY. YET IT NEVER WAS SOLVED. HE SAID WE GOT YOUR MONEY AND WE HAVE FULFILLED THE CONTRACT. I AM TOLD i have to write a letter with helpbof a lawyer to get our $2100 back and they can still deny and hold it up in lawyer limbo. The sales people are crooked. The csr are stuck on script like robots, and csr managers Rude. Total rip off company. !Minus 10 stars!

K. Beatty
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had my dishwasher go out over a month ago , so they did the tele tech service the issue was diagnose quickly. Her were now they are tell me they cant find the part so they will give me 250 for a dishwasher replacement because they are trying to tell me its 10 yes old . The dishwasher was install about 2 yrs ago. Do not and mean do not sign up for with this company they are horrible.

T. Pfeffer
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

THIS IS A SCAM! Do NOT use this company. My furnace went out. They assigned a technician who came out and diagnosed problem. Warranty company told me they would cover the parts, but that the technician they assigned was overcharging for labor. Warranty company canceled the contract with technician they chose. Told me they were looking for another technician and I would have to start *** again with diagnosis. The technician told me that the real reason Service Plus canceled the contract was that they hadnt paid the technician in over a year. When the technician asked about payment, Service Plus no longer wanted to deal with them and canceled the contract. THESE ARE SCAN ARTISTS AND THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE! Do not use. Service Plus.

C. Ratke
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Worst customer service ever! I have had a PRV leak for more than 8 days my job was assigned to a company only to get a call from SPHW stating the company was not able to come out for repair & they were being removed from there list. Next I received *** Reimbursement Form, which states authorized up to $200.00 over $200.00 requires authorization my repair was over $500.00. I called a company was at my home in 2 hours, I call SPHW spoke with rep(***) from SPHW the tech begin to explain the problem *** in return tells the professional he is wrong in what he was saying, I take the call back *** states he will send request to a *** will follow up, no follow up I had to call them back. I called back and was connected to *** extremely rude (needs to be retrained in customer service..listening,understanding) she stated I can not cancel my policy even though I am month to month, I did not pay for the year. I call on 12.21.22 the call started well, then I got "I'll need to transfer you" I was transfered to ***, I ask for a manager he stated he was a manager, I ask for his manager he stated there was no one higher I could speak with. I am not sure how everyone in this company are managers. Overall I paid for my own repair, th ecompany is not even reimbursing the $200.00. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

N
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty Total Home Protection - Do Not Use them!

Total Home Protection - Do Not Use them!I signed up with Total Home Protection 4 years ago. This service is an insurance to help protect you from getting hit with huge repair bills in your house. Supposedly if they cannot fix it, they will replace the item that is broken. It is all a lie and a farce. The first year, I used them one time right before my contract was to run out. It worked flawlessly so when the company came to me about renewing my policy, I was very interested. They offered me a 3 yr contract with a large discount and lowered my $65 service fee to $45 per call. I thought I had gotten a great deal, until I proceeded to use it. They would come up with all kinds of excuses that excluded them from fulfilling their responsibilities. After the 4th claim denial, which costs me $45 per claim, to be denied, I tried to cancel my contract and get a pro-rated refund for the balance of the contract. In order to do that, the one claim they fulfilled at the beginning of the contract has to be refunded, the amount they paid. The company took their refund out to reimburse themoney they spent, which left me with $0 refund. I have had to wait out my contract for it to cancel. I have not been able to use it because it costs me $45 every claim to find out that they are going to deny my claim. They offered to replace my glass top stop with a check for $250 which I have been waiting to receive for 2 years. Every time I contact them, they give me some BS story and say it is still being processed. The company, TOTAL HOME PROTECTION, is a scam artist of a company. They do not keep their word and find every loophole in the contract to deny every claim. Be aware of these companies, they may sound great, but it is better to try and work out a price deal with a local repairman first. I live in PSL and I had a technician assigned to repair my water heater from ***. He refused to make the drive to my location, he said it was too far. Company wouldnt send someone else locally.

V. Mante
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We signed on with this company in February 2022. In March, we were eligible to use their services. We did not make a claim until November 2022. Four days before Thanksgiving, our washing machine stopped working. I called on a Monday. They said they would send someone. No one called. I called on Tuesday and was told that I would hear from someone by 6:30 that same day. Nothing! I was told to see if I could find someone to come out. I thought that was their job! I didn't know anyone so I called Thumbtack. They sent some one and he repaired our machine. Service Minus, I mean Plus said to send in a receipt and fill out a form for a refund. I did so. Heard nothing for 2 weeks. I called to make sure they received the form and receipt. Placed on a long hold, then I am told I will not be receiving a refund because I didn't call them to get an authorization number before the repair was done. I asked them if I can buy out my contract and pay the cancellation fee. They refused to let me do that! I need to find out how to get away from this awful company.

S. Raynor
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They owe me 200 dollars for more than 8 months and every time I call they tell me that they are going to send it to me now. In these last few months they close the phone every time I ask for my money. Be careful this company is a scam

H. Collier
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I had my dryer go out Thanksgiving Day so waited until next day to call them and file a claim. They ended up having me do their "tele-tech" service and the technician was very quick and efficient. However, I looked later that day and they had closed my claim already. When I called the following Monday they informed me that they were cutting a check to cover most of the repairs but not all of it ($200 vs $250) or to replace the unit. My unit is a *** dryer with steam cleaning, sanitizing, etc that retails for almost $1000 from the store. When I brought that concern to the person in their call center they told me that the unit depreciated by 50% just by leaving the store, so regardless of if I had the unit one day and it broke down I would never get the retail value or close to it from them. Fast forward to two weeks later and I still waiting on a check from them. Called today, 12/12/2022, and was told that the average turn around for them to ship out a check is six to eight weeks and there is nothing that can be done to speed up the process. So buyers beware when signing with them for any plan, let alone the five year one like I did. If any appliance cannot be repaired you will be waiting a month and a half to two at least for any type of check to replace the unit.

O
O
O. Schiller
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was with Total home protect for years very good company, then they called me & offered a big savings if I would pay up front for 3 years and then I also added my well under the warranty, had a problem with my pressure tank and was told by new company oh pressure tanks are not covered, funny I need it for water and it is connected to my well but it is the only thing that is not covered, lol, cost me *** out of my pocket, anyone know a better company?

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty I've been with the home warranty company, Total Home Protection (THP), for several years; in 2021, it became known to me as Service Plus (SP)

I've been with the home warranty company, Total Home Protection (THP), for several years; in 2021, it became known to me as Service Plus (SP). With THP, reimbursement slowly came to me as the Homeowner who had already paid the professional for approved repairs. However, as SP, this is not the case. Although work orders are approved, and I as the Homeowner pay the professional for their services immediately, reimbursement to me has been, truly - a repeated war, where it is months and months overdue. SP claims they have escalated my case to the billing department over and over - at least 30 times. SP claims that I cannot directly speak to the billing department; that neither customer service, nor the authorization department, nor the managers, nor anyone else, can speak with billing directly, and that billing is months behind in issuing reimbursement checks. For 2 repairs, it took about 4-5 months of many calls before combined repayment of $220 came. For my approved claim for a septic pumping in 09/21, they are over 8 months behind to repay the $200 due me. I call about 2-3x a month, and have written/faxed them twice: I am read a script of excuses. Recently a billing gal called and was so excessively rude that, as I questioned her, she began speaking over me and then simply hung up. Their business model absolutely perplexes me in its bad faith. My home warranty does not expire for several months: I have no further faith in their service or honor; I presume they are following a business model of bankruptcy and ruin to themselves and their customers: I will not renew with them. Also, because I have renewed in prior years, the salesmen always say it you ever have a problem to call them - but this has devolved as untrue: when I later, in need, called, those were no longer working numbers. There are no stars to assign, except to some of the customer service representatives who are courteous. Avoid purchasing a future home warranty through them: https://www.serviceplus.com

G. Lindgren
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

DN THP is a total scam. I have had a claim in for $200 since July, 2022 and have not been paid. Every time I have called (nine times since then) I have been told the "check will be processed in a timely manner." I have spoken with *** the *** Accounts Payable and have been told the check "will be issued in a timely manner" (been told this several times") or it "will be issued next week." Representatives lie, promising they will call me back but never do. In addition, the company low-balls reimbursements relative to the actual cost of the appliance. On two occasions, the repairmen that were sent out did a repair that did not last. Total Home Protection is horrendous to deal with! If I could leave a rating less than one star, I would.

B. Koelpin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This company lies and cheating people. Dont try to loose money. They never pay your claim everything on phone they say is a lie. Be careful. They offered me $200 for a 2 year old glass top stainless steel stove. I just been paying $50 a month for over year and change a company that cheats people.

R. Altenwerth
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I get the feeling they are scam artist. I made the mistake of paying up front for a 5 year plan and the first two times I used them, the technicians were okay. My last 3 claims have been no-showed, I was told I could hire my own technician last May when my air conditioning failed, and am still waiting on the reimbursement. They are long on promises, and non-existent on everything else.

P
P
P. West
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

HORRIBLE COMPANY The oven in my slide in stove stopped working. Two weeks after I filed the claim and my calling Service Plus three times, they assigned a technician to come out. After discovering that the required part has been discontinued, Service Plus offered me a one time payment of $200! I contacted their mediation department who responded almost immediately that $200 was all they were required to pay because they pay ONLY the depreciated value of the appliance. In other words your covered appliance will be replaced for one of equal value only if it is brand new.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty I have had a claim out since May this year, I have been sent the phone number to at least 7 people to come to my home, Each person I am given

I have had a claim out since May this year, I have been sent the phone number to at least 7 people to come to my home, Each person I am given to call, no longer does business with this company because they are waiting to get paid from previous jobs from them. I have called and called and no one seems to have an answer for me but to be patient, meanwhile in 90 + degree heat I have no working air conditioner. It is now September and still no progress. They called me to tell me that my policy is expiring in October, but they have a great deal for me. Wait, you still haven't fixed the issued that I put a claim in for back in May, I've called and called and you guys have done nothing. I was put on hold and then a lady tells me that I never called and that she sees the claim and for my trouble they will waive the 60 technician fee. (gee thanks) I also mention that I had another claim with my bathroom that was never taken care and eventually had to pay 300 out of pocket for that repair, because again all the service reps they gave me to call no longer did business with them. She replied back with well there's a long process and we never got the results so you should have called us first. Uhm... I did and a month later still nothing, and my AC was working at this time, but by july had completely stopped working. Had they done what they were supposed to it would still be running. They will not return my calls, I sit on hold for 20-30 minutes and then the phone just hangs up, but everyday for the last month they call and want me to renew my policy. I push the button to connect to a rep and I get to a sales agent, when I mention that I liked to speak with a customer service rep or manager. I get put on hold and then hung up. This place is a complete RIP OFF and I am going to post reviews just like this everywhere and anywhere I can. They have done nothing that they said they would, they are unreachable, and they don't pay their service technicians what they owe them. They nothing but Con Artists.

V. Harris
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This is bogus company and cheating people. Dont try to loose money. They never pay your claim everything on phone they say is a lie. Be careful.

D. Beahan
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

This the worst company i've ever had to deal with. Submitted claim to have my heater fixed, temp. running in the low 30's, they couldn't find a technician in my area. After 10 days of me calling everyday they said they would look outside the area. Still no luck 10 more days go by without heat and they still can't find anyone. So, I search for a company that will work with them, nobody in the *** area or surrounding areas wanted to have anything to do with them. I hired a repair tech to get my heater repaired, hoping they would reimburse me. Send in the invoice and they denied my reimbursement because "I didn't get prior approval" and because they do not pay for repairs on valves "any type of valve". I started really looking hard at the contract, ServicePlus has denial legalese in every aspect of their contract. This company is a scam, do not use them. Wish the Complaintsboard.com had less than 1 star.

G. DuBuque
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Claim Number 2. I put in a claim for my fairly new high-end Stainless Dual-Fuel stove/double convection oven. $2,800 new. They set up a video call with a repairman and this worked out nice. I need a couple of new valves for the stovetop. *** Warranty got back to me and said it wasnt worth saving, so they offered me $300 to replace it. They gave the excuse that they dont go by features or colors like stainless steel. I informed them that stainless steel is a material of construction, not a color or feature. I also checked prices at several stores and found out I couldnt buy the cheapest stove they had for $300. I never would have bought the home warranty if I had known they were going to do this. We haggled back and forth then and finally agreed on a price of $450. I still cant buy a new cheap stove for $450. They said it would take about 6 weeks, maybe 8 weeks to get the check. Its been about 12 weeks. After several calls, all I have gotten is talk. They offered (2) free service calls to appease me. They elevated my payment to Management Level. Then when I still didnt get a check, they elevated it to Top Priority level or something like that. They assured me this was a priority above management level. I checked retail pricing for the valves, it would cost less the $200, plus labor. The labor looks very strait forward according to a few *** videos I looked up, maybe a 30-minute job. The latest consolation is a free enrollment in their ServicePlus Perks program. Apparently discounts on dining and such. Big deal.Claim Number 3. Last spring my Furnace/AC would not turn on to AC mode, even though it works for heat mode. I got assigned to one of their qualified and approved HVAC contractors and given a name and phone number to contact. I left several messages explaining that *** Warranty had put me in contact with them. I finally got a live person, and they informed me that they do not work with home warranty companies (I wond

Z
Z
Z. Larkin
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Service plus called to sell me their product I was going to buy my dad discourage me the guy had already took my card information and I told him Im canceling they continuously charge my card when I call to tell them I did not want their plan and I didnt need their service and I cancel and theyre charging my card I can never get to speak to a live rep they transfer me to client service no one picked up the phone service plus continuously calling me harassing me to buy purchase their service I finally had to block them from my phone

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty 1. I was not notified that Total Home Protection changed their name to ServicePlus Home Warranty

1. I was not notified that Total Home Protection changed their name to ServicePlus Home Warranty. All customers should have been notified of this change.2. I was emailed back in October that my plan was going to expire December so I paid $975 for a 3 year + 6 free month plan with a $45 service call fee. I did not notice until this month when I was reviewing my policy that they set my policy with the effective date of 07/01/2024 - 01/01/2028. I called to find out when my current policy ended and he lied and said 07/01/2024. I asked for him to email me a copy because I was showing something different. I also asked why I wasn't notified that the company changed names. He lied and said the company were still in the process of transferring files over. I called back when I didn't receive the email of the policy and spoke with a supervisor who fixed my dates.3. I called on 29 Jul to do a claim over the phone. Did not speak to a live agent. I had to answer some questions over the phone. 5 days later I get an email stating my issue wasn't covered under the plan. The issue they were referring to was my description of what was going on with my A/C since I couldn't talk to anyone. I mentioned that there was water in the pan, my outside unit was loud, 85 degrees in my house, etc. Their reply was my plan did not cover leaks! I emailed customer service on 5 Aug complaining about their poor customer service and how no one bothered to call me to find out my issue, just shut my claim down. I requested to have someone to call me to explain my issues again. On 11 Aug I get an email saying my claim was assigned to a Claim Manager. It stated someone would be reaching out to me *** hours. It is 18 Aug. I've been answering every robo calling to ensure I don't miss their call. No call yet from ServicePlus Claim Manager. I called today around 5:25pm EST and waited on hold for over 30 minutes to be told all of the managers were gone for the day, even though their hours of operation is 9am - 7:30pm EST. This is very unacceptable. This is not the same Total Home Protection I hired back in 2017.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty Although the initial response to my first claim was timely, my experience after their assigning a service representative was horrible!

Although the initial response to my first claim was timely, my experience after their assigning a service representative was horrible! I was promised, verbally by the salesman from whom I bought the policy (on the telephone), one free service call. However, the "person" who was sent to respond to the claim demanded payment for the service call. I paid him, not remembering the "promise" of "one free service call. He was totally unprofessional and difficult to communicate with - English is not his "first language" and I do not speak whatever he preferred to speak. He took my money and said he'd get back to me when he figured out what parts he needed and how much they cost. I paid the service representative additional monies for the parts, informing him I would dispute this with Total Home Protection. He took the money, and I called THP to dispute the charges. THP assigned another service company, who came and wanted a much higher amount to fix the problem. So I again called THP and told them I was disappointed with the coverage and their very serious lack of response to all telephone messages (many) and emails (a number). I spent many hours (at least two) on hold, listening to promises of service, which were very contrary to what I experienced: no professionalism, no rapid response, no polite help, no quick action, et al. It took more than five "requests" and almost two-weeks of constant attempts to communicate with THP to cancel my policy and get refunds for the premium and for the "service never received." Total Home Protection finally agreed to cancel my policy, but only at a pro-rated amount, much in their favor, and much to my displeasure. I acquiesced to avoid further aggravation and acrimony. Getting THP to agree to reimburse for the never received service was also difficult and unprofessional. Total Home Protection is not the company they promise to be - one that has a "goal...to provide ...customers with a great customer experience..." Very difficult to deal with. Very difficult to communicate with. Very unreliable to meet the promised service their customers pay for and expect.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty This place is so awful, I can see why they had to change the name of the company so many times

This place is so awful, I can see why they had to change the name of the company so many times. It really doesn't matter how often you change your name if you never change your service. ? I put in a service order for my dishwasher, and I was sent out a service man who fixed my stoppage problem, but wanted me to give him an extra $100 for him to say my dishwasher is leaking and can't be fixed. This man is in my house-knows where I live and asking me for $100:/. After I declined his offer, he insisted on calling and hassling me for the money. I soon blocked him and called customer service to file a complaint. They told me that he had filed a claim and said my dishwasher was leaking and had to be replaced. I told her that my dishwasher was fine-only I hadn't used it in over 2 weeks. Low and behold it was leaking...This man actually did break my dishwasher! Most likely because I turned down his offer. I called them back and told them my dishwasher was leaking and to please send me someone else to see about my dishwasher, because this technician clearly did something fishy. They denied my claim and offered to send me $100 to replace my GE Stainless steel dishwasher of 1 year. Then it took them 3 months to send me the worthless check. O.k., now...My fridge is leaking now. But to my surprise, leaking refrigerators are not covered under the plan...WTF! After I complained, they decided to send me a virtual technician. YOU MEAN I HAVE TO FIX IT MY SELF WHILE SOMEONE ON THE *** AB&C ME! I could've just pulled up a *** channel. So I complained about that and threaten to cancel my service. They offered me $200 to help me to get my fridge fixed. But that two took over 3 months, so I didn't make my payment. They called me and asked for the payment, I told them why I hadn't paid, and this woman tells me that the check is ready, however I must make a payment of $64 for my past due ***. No words for how angry I was. You mean to tell me that, even though my claim was filed while my policy was still active, you uphold your word and pay what's owed to me...I've paid into this company for years and I finally file 2 claims within 12 months and you "F" both of them up. ?sickening

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty I caution you against going with Total Home protection

I caution you against going with Total Home protection. On top of them taking 10 days to get *** out to my house, it was all done through email, even their correspondence with the company coming to my home. ALL correspondences are done via email. None are done by phone. They do give you the right (after some time passes and they havent been able to reach a company to come to your home) to call someone on your own. However you will have to pay for all of it out of your own pocket and they will only reimburse you what they deem was acceptable charges.. if they even okay that company. They are also NOT open in the evenings and weekends. Well ***, what happens if something happens then? Also, I canceled my acct because of the above dealings with them. I paid and the man came out and said total home wont pay because the pipes had been improperly installed. Total home did decline to pay. So I called someone on my own (after paying the $75 fee for services. The company I called said there was nothing wrong with pipes just the last one was angled wrong causing the exhaust to hit the house therefore shutting my furnace off. Took all of 2 mins to fix. They also like to argue with you and you (the customer) is never right. I requested to cancel my acct in Feb 2021. They told me it would be canceled but would not give me a conformation number because he said it had to be sent to another Dept. But assured me it would be canceled. 2 mo later I see 2 more charges for 2 more mo. I called back and the lady then argued with me and said if I would have called they would have canceled and that the other Dept can not cancel without talking to me. Well that is not my fault that the guy didnt transfer me over there and simply assured me it would be canceled. I had to argue to get my two mornths back. They only wanted to give me one mo back. Now in May (third mo) there was another charge and when I called he (the agent) argued with me again and said you were given two moRefund. I tried to tell him that was for *** and April, not May. He insisted that it was for April and May. Well how in the world could I call in April to complain about being charged for two months and one of those months be for a future charge in May? Doesnt matter.. they dont care.

A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty TOTAL HOME PROTECTION must have closed that business and changed the "doing business as" ***

TOTAL HOME PROTECTION must have closed that business and changed the "doing business as" ***. They had to do this because of the way they treat customers. The name might change again before I post this review for all I know. They can run all they want, but its not to hard to figure out.The salesperson who signed me up did a fantastic job. Then I had to use the service and everything went down the tubes. They don't have technicians that want to go out for 45 - 75 bucks. So you will be forced to go search for your own tech, try telling the pool company you are working with Total Home Protection and they will hang up on you because pretty much all customers and also business's are waiting on checks from this awful company. TOTAL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN have burned all their bridges so no contractors want to work with them. Anyway, I found my own tech to come out and replace my pool motor that was broken. THP said the claim was approved on 3/26. they said it could take up to 8 weeks to get a check... ok, we are at 17 weeks now, when I call them they say we can do two things, forward you to the manager or have billing call you back. These 2 options just started this week because the last 5 weeks they were saying, we run and send checks out every Friday, but if I call Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday without fail for the past 5 weeks they would say, its to late for this week so next week we will be sending that check. So now they aren't saying that and just saying would you like to speak to my supervisor or have billing call me back? If I say yes I would like to speak with the manager, they just place you back in the que and after a LONG TIME someone with the same job title answers, who then transfers you to the manager again, LOL. Anyway, I've been searching online for reviews and that's all I see online is they never send checks and just s*** everyone.. Please go get covered through someone else, They have one job and that's to get you a tech and they can't even do that. You will literally pay them and you will be doing there job and even if you get them to approve something they WILL NEVER SEND YOU THE MONEY ! RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY,,, you will save so much time and money NOT going with these clowns... Literally the worse company I have ever done business with!

ServicePlus Home Warranty I have no trust nor confidence in this company

I have no trust nor confidence in this company. - They have no app; they have a web portal they want you to use, but it's nearly useless. You can create a claim, but you cannot update the claim or contact support. - Their automated phone system will disconnect you inexplicably (no, it's not poor cell service). - When you finally get to speak to someone, they are not helpful, informative, knowledgeable, nor respectful. They sell you on the idea of a block of coverage, but they use the contract language to turn that block into Swiss cheese, dodging all real expenses and denying claims based on literally anything they can call it under the contract language. Very first claim: - AC is not cooling sufficiently. - 2 days after claim is opened, they assign a repair tech. - Repair tech calls and schedules a service date for a few days later. - That day, I find out that service tech doesn't even service our area, and he said he's repeatedly asked THP to stop giving him jobs outside his service area. - THP Re-assigns the same tech again. - I get a third call from that same tech. I re-iterated what town we live in and he said he does not service that area. "I know," I replied. - So after all of this trouble, I finally decide to try the reimbursement route (which I don't recommend). - So I ended up paying 255 just for a basic diagnosis instead of the 45 I'm supposed to have to pay. I know I'm never getting that back. - One of the reasons it was 255 is because we (including the tech) spent hours waiting on hold with THP, made worse by the inexplicable disconnects I mentioned above. - They set an expectation of 15 minutes to hear from "a claims manager," which makes it sound like they have more than one. I don't think they do. - Try 3 days later, at the most inconvenient time, I get a call from THE claims manager, who jumps right into a sardonic tone with me, and we've never spoken before. - She rattles off a paragraph of mind numbing information that ultimately meant: "we noticed a potential leak was ONE of the LESSER, MANY issues causing the AC performance degradation, and a leak test is NOT a covered item, so you can call the AC company and pay then to do a leak trace. - I can tell that this is not going a good direction and I will be much better off simply handling things myself. I purchased a home warranty to save time and money and make things easier for my spouse; it has done nothing but cost me MORE time and money than not having a warranty, and it does not help my spouse. I am beyond disgusted with this company and the way that they operate (or fail to operate). IF there is such a thing as a "good" home warranty company, Total Home Protection is not it.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

ServicePlus Home Warranty First of all, I would like to say "STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY" I have a 5 year old house and i was worried that my appliances will start going

First of all, I would like to say "STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY" I have a 5 year old house and i was worried that my appliances will start going bad my Warranty expired. I was referred by a friend that THP was giving discounted warranty i.e. premium coverage for 3 years for just 1200+ which covers almost all appliances 100%. I was called by one of their sales agent who said that there is huge discount and i should buy the policy which covers everything end to end without any charge for labor or material in case something goes bad. I am not given any document with any disclosures nor they told that there was any. Couple months later, my first issue started with Refrigerator. I called in and they sent someone to look at it. The company which came just looked at it without touching anything for less than a minute(i am amazed that it was the correct diagnosis) and said compressor stopped working and they charged me $45 deductible. They said they cannot repair it as it must be covered in the Compressor warranty from manufacturer for 10 years and i should contact the manufacturer myself. I called manufacturer Samsung and they said they will charge $250 for looking at it and if it is really compressor they cover the parts but not labor. Labor charge was around $200. I called the THP company and they said they are not going to cover anything as it is under manufacturer warranty. I said it was absurd that if i had no manufacturer warranty, they fix it by spending on parts and labor. If i have warranty i should be bearing the $450. They at last agreed to pay me $300 by check (which came after 40 days after requesting multiple times). My Next issue was with my AC which stopped cooling my house. I have called the THP again, they sent someone who charged $45 (my deductible) + 120 for Freon (which is not covered) and they said that it was only temporary and they need to replace the evaporator coils in the AC Unit. The repair guy said that most companies would cover that and he will come back to replace it. He took pictures to send to THP. After repeated contacts, THP finally tells me that it will not cover as the part had rust. If it did not have rust they would cover it. I do not understand the logic. I was furious and i said i want my money back as they are not covering anything from me. The person said they will return around $470 of the $1250 i paid. They gave me the breakdown as 5 months at $60 is $300 + $300 they paid me in check+ $50 Cancellation fees. I still don't get what happened to other $130. I was furious to even care to listen to what they have to say. I just said cancel and send me money on to my card. I t has been a week but my refund did not appear on card and no response on contacting.

ServicePlus Home Warranty This company is completely fraudulent

This company is completely fraudulent. I wish I had done more research... First off, I had this policy for just over a year before I filed my first two and only claims 11: one for my spa and one for my oven. I paid for additional coverage when I bought my house to include the pool and my above ground spa. Ultimately, they denied my spa claim because they said I didn't have coverage for it -- only for my pool. That wasn't true. Then they tried to deny because it was above ground. I was clear about what I had, and the online policy portal indicates "Additional coverage: pool/spa/above ground spa"... I fought with them and they said they would cover it, but that it was a $500/year max payout for pools and spas. Whatever. Then with my oven, they came out and tried to fix it by changing the lock... (didn't work because that's not at all the issue, it is something with the computer and it shuts down with error code) then said they would only give the depreciated value of $400. It's a *** Profile convection wall oven. They are $2500. The woman said my policy that I signed clearly states that they only give depreciated values... I said, first of all I never signed anything (it was all over the phone) and never saw any terms before I paid. Secondly I had my policy saved to my computer and it was still accessible from the welcome email, PDF was online on their URL -- and no where does it say in section 9 that they only give depreciated values. She said someone would call back. The next day when a guy called, he started in saying that it was only for depreciated value -- and as I went to pull up the policy from that link, it mysteriously was gone! They totally took it down! I still had it saved though... and after arguing with me about the oven, he said "it seems you won't be happy with us so why don't I just offer you $900 to end your policy" -- mind you, I had this policy just over a year and it was good through 2022 or 2023 and paid $1250 for it. I said, "Ok, so you want to give me $900 and also the $500 for my spa that was just settled two days ago and I have the offer letter from your firm?" I was going to agree to just be done and at least get what I paid for this worthless policy. He then came back and said, "no that's cancelled now. I'm only willing to give you $900 and that's all" -- I was shocked. I had a letter and agreement in place. He yanked it AND wouldn't even comply with the terms of the contract for my oven. That was December , I'm currently battling them still in August . Upon digging further, I found that the company is under investigation for this exact fraud scheme in NJ and PA. Also, the CEO, David ***, did this before in 2009 with an entirely different home warranty company! DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY! I don't know if I'll ever get my money back, but I'll only ever trust a long standing warranty company.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact ServicePlus Home Warranty customer service

Phone number

+1 (800) 545-0402

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with ServicePlus Home Warranty?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ServicePlus Home Warranty Customer Service. Initial ServicePlus Home Warranty complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ServicePlus Home Warranty above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ServicePlus Home Warranty. Discuss the issues you have had with ServicePlus Home Warranty and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.