Home DepotAppliance delivery

G Jan 07, 2021 Review updated:

Ordered my dryer in nov, scheduled delivery was for 1/6/21 as it would not be in stock earlier. I wanted a plain, mechanical controlled dryer, not anything fancy. My husband and I both took off from work to be home. They either went to the wrong home or did not bother to come to the door and ring doorbell to let us know they were here. I did see a truck pull in front of my neighbour's house across the street and went out to check. It was not there for even 30 seconds before it drove away! No attempt to contact us! I have a security cam, and it shows no one came to our door! The delivery window was until 6 pm, but when I called at 4:15, the drivers had already gone home! We were their last stop, and they obviously wanted to go home early!!! Called to complain, all they can do is reschedule, not a help as I had my current one sold and the person coming to pick it up today. Called home depot too, let them know what had happened. I was considering hiring hd for several large renovations we are going to have done, but won't consider it now. If they can't even hire delivery people with enough common sense to get out of the truck and go to the door, I can only imagine what [censored]s they would send to do renovations! Their loss? Probably 40 to 50k. Will hire someone local!

• Ea
    EatItGE Jan 17, 2022

So, after a lot of hours dealing with Home Depot I kind of narrowed it down. I had ordered a Samsung washer and dryer from HD and it was to be delivered to my house in CT. The delivery day they refused to deliver due to icy driveway. Ok, there was some ice on it (800ft of dirt driveway that's fairly flat that had also been sanded) but that same day we had FedEx, UPS, USPS and our Oil filled up with no issues. Three days later, after 40deg weather an 95% of driveway cleared and the 5% with ice that was heavily sanded down, they refused again and after questioning it, I was hung up on. Called HD again and realived they are calling Samsung which in turn is calling a 3rd party delivery service (GE Delivery) to sort this out. So after squeaking a lot, I was given a date for delivery and 30 minutes later I get called back that the washer has to be returned due to damage and they don't have one in stock. In CT, all deliveries are put through GE Delivery Services and you can't find their website anywhere to complain. From my understanding, all the stores use them and regardless off which store, they will most likely be going through GE Delivery. I tried to find a vendor who didn't go through them but to no avail, no bueno. Glad I wasn't getting a GE appliance. They can kick rocks.

• Jm
    J.Meyer Jan 12, 2022

I wish I had seen this page before buying my fridge from HD. Having same delivery issues as everyone else.
    All I can say is NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything from Home Depot. If you haven't made your purchase yet, and are reading this board, BE AWARE. Do yourself and your sanity a favor and give your business someplace else.

• Td
    T Dog 1 Jan 09, 2022

Been trying to get a refund for three weeks now on a Frig I refused delivery on because of damage also canceled order that day. Was refunded delivery charge and install kit very shortly. However the Frig is a different story !!! Still sitting on my 761 dollars and told will be 5 more days before I get it !!! The people I have dealt with seem most helpful and even follow up where this all seems to fail is management and corporate. They could help themselves out by doing their own deliveries but I guess that lets them pass the buck and hold on to your money longer. Very unhappy and will no longer buy big ticket items from Home Depot. Buyer be ware !!! T Dog

• Wj
    WJM50 Dec 16, 2021

We bought a washer and dryer from home depot. They said they could have it delivered the next weekend. But when we got to filling out the paper work it was going to be two weeks. We had made arrangements for a friend to pick up our old ones. So for a 10 days we are without. The day of the delivery the dryer was brought in and hooked up no trouble. But when they brought the washer in it looked like someone had taken a hammer to it. We refused it. We waited for several days to here from home depot, but we did not. I called the salesperson and of course she said she knew nothing of our problems. She would check in to it and call us back. Several more days went by did not hear from them. Called and was told they should know something the next day. She did call and tell us it would be 3 more weeks before they could deliver another washer. This is just bad business. Tried to call the salesperson back and she never answered her phone. Was going to cancel the order or ask for a discount. Never again.

• Up
    upset customer at delivery Dec 03, 2021

Do not use delivery! I have learned my lesson.I brought a washer and dryer at the store they was wonderful. However the delivery service is the worst ever.The night before NO call!Next morning NO call. Just email only. I did not request them to use my email cell only.I called to find out its 230p 630p. On the day of delivery my wife took the day off to be sure someone would be here.Once again NO call. At 4pm i call to find out they will be here at 8pm, At 745p i call back to find out that at 445p they showed us not home and once Again NO call.The only thing they can do is another 2 weeks out, a month in all.That is unacceptable but they DONT care!I cancelled my order got a full refund left home depot drove to Lowes and brought a washer and dryer to be delivered 8 days earlier than Home Depot. Do yourself a favor for appliances head on over to Lowes .

• Di
    Disappointed 12345 Oct 30, 2021

Well, I called the day before when I knew my delivery date and stated my granddaughter 4 years old had her first performance at 12:45 they said no worries and double check with the delivery company that I was second to the last between the 125 delivery spot and they would call 30 minutes ahead of time they called before my granddaughter even got on stage and said they would give me until 1:00 to 5 I asked for 15 extra minutes so I can see her get on stage and perform they said no 145 as long as will wait. They call me at 1:40 where are you ... I was around the corner I said I pull up there not here I call them and ask them where are you? They said we're close. They went ahead and delivered the last delivery and I suppose they're on their way here I have not seen them yet and I did ask if they could do that when I was at the performance they said no. On top of that they were rude sharp tongue to the point with no exceptions and here they never showed up on time. I called customer service I'm waiting for the delivery company to get back to me so I can talk to them I will not let this go without a word being said. It seems you're at their beck and call for whatever move the delivery person is an and how much time they want to spend they wanted to get through and go home at 2 oclock I imagine. Well 2:30 and still not here. I missed the most important 1st performance from my 4 years old granddaughter. For no reason except the delivery seemed to love to have some strange control. Sham on them...

• Mi
    MikeyA Oct 17, 2021

Home Depot us the WORST place to buy appliances . Their terrible 48 hour return policy is a fraud ! Lowes has a 30 Day return policy ! If you get a defective appliance from Home Depot you are just stuck with it and screwed !

• Ac
    Achmed Mohammed Aug 30, 2021

We ordered and paid for a refrigerator/freezer from home depot with delivery, which we also paid for. Wife took time off from work to wait for it. Not only did we not get it at the specified time window, we didn't get it at all. Home depot appliance delivery is negative. They do not deliver as promised and the won't give you a refund, only store credit. In my opinion, the home depot is criminal. I will not be shopping the again due to this incident. Thumbs down for the home depot. This is "customer no service". I hope they get sued and run out of business for their incompetence and just plain lying to get peoples money which they won't refund.

• Hd
    HD Delivery Sucks Jul 12, 2021

Ordered a refrigerator from HD. The first delivery didn't show up, I called and the truck told me they don't have the item on their truck. So I rescheduled. The 2nd delivery they didn't show up either. I called and the call taker doesn't know why, just rescheduled next week again. I've wasted my time waiting for them and they don't care. I have no confidence with HD's delivery contractor.

Warning - HD, get rid of this delivery company. It is making you look really bad. My Costco delivery company delivered the washer/dryer the first time. Your delivery company sucks. I will buy big items from Costco, but will not buy big item from you if it will be delivered.

• Ak
    A Krieger May 30, 2021

We recently purchased a stove and an above the range microwave from HD..was originally suppose to be delivered on May 28, 2021. I waited around all day to find out that the delivery driver went to the wrong house without even trying to contact me and when I called HD I was informed that they were too far away to return so it needed to be rescheduled for the next day..Day 2 we waited around all day again just to have the truck arrive and tell us our appliances were not on their truck and they weren’t sure where they were...Called HD AGAIN and was told that they were never taken off the other truck from the day before so we needed to reschedule for the next day..Day 3 I got a call from the delivery man to tell me they were on their way, I explained the description of my house and how he could find it and 20 mins later I heard the truck pull up and stop at my neighbors ONCE AGAIN so I had to run up the street yelling for them. This company is beyond ridiculous when it comes to their delivery service..the average person can’t afford to take off work 3 DAYS in a row for their screw ups! Never again will I be ordering anything from this company.

• Ky
    Kyarra Mar 21, 2021

Bought new GE washer and pedestal from Home depot. Originally ordered October 28th 2020. Delivery was changed from end of November to December 3rd. Delivery men arrived and removed items from truck and took washer and pedestal out of boxes and set them in street and proceeded to assemble them after asking spouse to borrow his screwdrivers then his power tools to assemble since theirs weren't working. They broke the brackets that hold washer to pedestal. They said they could still bring them in and I could call Home Depot to order new ones and I said no. They said they would return items and explain reason. Called HD next day and it took 5 days before I discovered deliverymen had said I plain refused items so everything was cancelled. HD associate placed second rush order to arrive Dec. 29th. Delivery service called and said persons partner had quit that morning and could they deliver it anyway and someone would be there Dec 31st to install, I agreed. these men partially assembled then carried washer and pedestal in separately. placing washer on pedestal they dropped it on. After they left I realized drawer was bent out of shape, they never put feet on pedestal and cut up my tile. I discovered this the next day. Took pix and went in Jan. 3rd, was told I should have come in on 1st or 2nd but they would turn it in and it should be covered on warranty. Waited over 2 weeks calling frequently before they said it would be covered. Manager stated it would be delivered Mar. 18th and I would need to hire handyman to install. When pedestal arrived they delivery people noted instantly how bent old pedestal was and gouges in floor. They apologized for previous damage which they didn't cause. Still looking for a handyman. Home Depot has lost my business for appliances. Rate 2

Comment Guidelines