Home DepotAppliance delivery

G Jan 07, 2021

Ordered my dryer in nov, scheduled delivery was for 1/6/21 as it would not be in stock earlier. I wanted a plain, mechanical controlled dryer, not anything fancy. My husband and I both took off from work to be home. They either went to the wrong home or did not bother to come to the door and ring doorbell to let us know they were here. I did see a truck pull in front of my neighbour's house across the street and went out to check. It was not there for even 30 seconds before it drove away! No attempt to contact us! I have a security cam, and it shows no one came to our door! The delivery window was until 6 pm, but when I called at 4:15, the drivers had already gone home! We were their last stop, and they obviously wanted to go home early!!! Called to complain, all they can do is reschedule, not a help as I had my current one sold and the person coming to pick it up today. Called home depot too, let them know what had happened. I was considering hiring hd for several large renovations we are going to have done, but won't consider it now. If they can't even hire delivery people with enough common sense to get out of the truck and go to the door, I can only imagine what [censored]s they would send to do renovations! Their loss? Probably 40 to 50k. Will hire someone local!