Hampton Bayoutside solar lamps model #[protected]

S

On 23 Jun I purchased a set of six outside solar lamps Model #[protected]. I installed the units on 24 Jun and they worked fine but on 26 Jun one of the lamps was very dim. I tool it apart and checked and one of the batteries would only charge to .4 volts and the other would only charge to 1.0 volts. I put the batteries in a separate charger and had the same problem. I called the number [protected] and got a message all was bush to leave a message, I did. After a day with no answer I sent an email to [protected]@gpwarranty.com and the message was returned as undeliverable. I called again and left another message and have had no call back. In the time I was waiting for a call back or answer to my email I purchased a set of Ni-Cad batteries put them in the unit re-installed and Sunday night 2 Jul the lamps looked good but Monday night 3 Jul the same problem, needed a flashlight to see if the lamp was on. Something, have no idea what is wrong with the charging circuit as the new batteries exhibit the same problem. Since the web page and the email address listed on the warranty papers aren't available and the phone number I called doesn't return my call I Google Hampton Bay and arrived here. Can you get me a solution to my problem or direct me to where I can get a solution? Thank you.

My home at El Paso, TX. [protected]

Sandy Paternotte Sep 29, 2014

I bought 4 Hampton bay post cap solar lights. None work now, became dysfunctional after 2 weeks. It seems it's the on off switches. Garbage. Hampton bay should be ashamed.

S.A.T. Nov 20, 2013

I bought the Hampton Bay 4 pack solar lights online. They work for about 1 hour every other night. I tried setting them on 10 hour but still the same thing. I bought some about 4 years ago and they still work. Don't like the new ones!

• Wi
    WilliamAlabaster Feb 12, 2013

I find Home Depot:
    (a) doesn't care about product quality, only profits which rise from quantity of products sold,
    (b) Hampton Bay makes very poor quality as I've learned with a fan, an overhead light fixture and my solar lights.
    When I have gone back to Home Depot, I always make it a point of walk down the Hampton Bay area and place "stick 'em" notes on their products saying, "lousy quality".

Best of luck

• Ga
    gatortracks Jan 10, 2013

Buy a bulb for the light kit for the hampton bay palm beach ceiling fan.

Marina Beck Jan 10, 2013

Missing the bulb for the light kit for the hampton bay palm beach ceiling fan.

• Wr
    Wrigley1 Sep 25, 2012

I purchased a 6 pk of Hampton Solar Reviere lights and three have never worked. I contacted GP Warranty provided a copy of my receipt and warranty information and was told replacements would be sent but they were on backorder. This was on May 15, 2012. I have emailed three tiomes since and am constantly told they are on back order. I go into the Home Depot store where I purchased them and the lights are on the shelf every eeek. I asked for a contact person at GP warranty to complian and Cathy @gpwarranty will not provide me with that information.

I want my replacement lights (3) sent to me. Dan Stewart

• Ts
    tsonosqua Jun 30, 2012

I purchased 6 Hampton Bay low voltage LED lights at approx $35 a piece and have them running on an 4 or 6 hour light up after dark. Along with that was the connector box etc. Cost over $600. Everything was working fine except that the next spring, I noticed that 2 failed. I replaced the two with new purchases not realizing there was a 2 year warranty... quess what... in 3 months... two more failed. I am fed up. I checked with the warranty and of course I threw away the receipt for the first 6. My take: a) these products are inferior, b) these are not really LEDs as they don't fail in 8-12 months. My recommendation is 1) don't purchase another Hampton Bay product. 2) Question Home Depot for their carrying of an inferior line. We have plenty of choice out there, and from seeing the comments above, I question why Home Depot is continuing to carry this line.

• Mf
    M. Forti Oct 26, 2011

I lso buy the solar lights. And the problem I had was that the replacement solar batteries are too expensive. The cost more alone that buying a new set of lamps. Now I have the lamps but not funtioning becouse of the batteries.

• Si
    sidly Jul 11, 2011

I bought the solar post light from Home depot and it rusted and did not work. I agree with the post, The Home depot is selling defective product and when I wanted replacement, they refused and said you should talk to manufacturer. I am very disappointed and I will never buy anything from Home Depot.!!

• Dr
    DrewLoker Jun 17, 2011

I bought many packages of the 888-425. The globes definitely go bad too quickly (disintegrate). But, compared to other solar lights, I like the warm glow of these lights. Ordering replacements from the company is not cost effective (too expensive) because a new set of 4 with ALL of the parts is less expensive with new stake, Solar, globe, etc. But, now Home Depot does not carry this model (2011-06). I have probably 40 all around my property, so I am now trying to find a replacement globe from another type of product. I have tried a plastic cup and have a first version, but will need to keep looking. Any ideas or other solutions that other people have found? As for the replacement stakes, I have found a GREAT solution. I take about 18" of 3/4" PVC and drive it into the ground leaving about 7" above the ground. The black riser of the light fits right over the top of it. The light spins just a little when it gets hit by the weed eater, but no damage and better than the original product, easier to remove and replace, etc. Drew

• Ro
    RobertRedman Jun 13, 2011

This complaint was from 5 years ago, so I'm assuming they have improved customer service since then. I found their website http://www.hamptonproducts.com/menu.php?pg=contact&sel=contact which has phone number [protected]. My photo electric sensor had gone bad for a spot light which was already here when I bought the house. They are sending me a new sensor, < 10 min phone call, no questions about warranty or anything. Easy! Now I just have to figure out how to get the old one off the solar panel, they put TONS of glue on it, lol.

• Dr
    drkeagle May 12, 2011

Puchased 4 solar L E D post cap lites at Home Depot. They work for maybe 5 minutes or less and then go out. Changed batteries and the same thing again. Batteries are charged so something in the circuits must be bad. You would think that with the amount of Hampton Bay lighting that Home Depot carries that Home Depot would have some pull with the customer service that you recieve (or don't receive) from this company.

• Al
    Alex Shevernowski Mar 09, 2011

You can call [protected]. one of my 5 lights was DOA. i called and was pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the service and time on the phone. they will send me a replacement no questions asked.

jacknitco Feb 14, 2011

i took three of these lights back to home depot because they don't work . as soon as i walk away from it, the light goes out...and the fourth one is not working either

• Ea
    Earl Haynie Nov 13, 2010

Purchased 4 solar led post cap lights at home depot. Very bright lights, for maybe one hour. Switched to 10 hour mode, works 15 minutes longer. Very, very disappointed

• El
    ElvisVic Oct 01, 2010

I too went ahead and purchased these 6 pack sets of Hampton Bay solar lights model#79339/79330 and 79749/79789 and thought they were good lights based on prior experiences with the same models that I purchased 4-5 years ago. I decided to get some more and move the older ones to my back yard which had work well for all this time but these new sets that looked exactly the same didn't even last 2 years. The tops started falling off where the wires and LED are contained, the black coloring began to develop a white spotty discoloration and at least 10 out of the 24 lamps don't work anymore. I'm very disappointed in these solar lamps and don't know why the first batch I purchased held up way longer and these newer sets didn't. My guess is Hampton Bay cheaped out when they manufactured these newer ones because I noticed that the reason the tops all started falling off were because from what I can see, they were only held on buy some silicone glue. When I contacted their support line they denied that its only held on with this glue but I have these units with the proof. They won't do anything for me because I cannot locate my receipt from my purchase. I'm going to contact Home Depot where I purchased them to see if there's anything they can do but my guess is they'll probably give me the same answer...no receipt...no replacement. My advise...DON'T BUY THESE SOLAR LAMPS.

• Se
    seriously ripped off Sep 26, 2010

Purchased 8 post top Hampton Bay solar lights from Home Depot, from the get go only two worked. Can't believe that Home Depot is selling this garbage, spent about $130, what a waste of money.

• Nb
    nb7132 Jul 07, 2010

Ours is doing the exact same thing. I've e-mailed and called Home Depot over and over again and gotten no response. Oh I hear back alright, but then there's no response to my follow up and they keep calling back to say they haven't heard from me. Convenient.

• Cr
    cruisedoctor61 May 12, 2010

Hampton Bay Solar lights. On sale at home depot for 4.49...and now I know why.
    They look and feel classy, copper colored outdoor lighting for my walkway. Batteries work fine and all of the 12 I bought work except for one. It only flicks when I turn the on/off switch. Batteries work on another unit. So, I have a bad unit...and I cannot get a replacement. Now, given the number of complaints, I can expect to get what I paid for this summer. Thanks Hampton Bay, made in China.

• Ri
    Ribdual Apr 02, 2010

Have a number of Hampton Bay solar lights. Most have worked well. I had some battery issues and they sent me replacements. My biggest issue is with the plastic globes. They get brittle being out in the sun and practially desintigrate after just a couple of years. King of Fans wants $4.00 a piece for replacements. I bought 12 last year and now see I will need at least that many this year!!!

• To
    Tom Eberman Mar 13, 2010

Try finding replacement LED bulbs. Fat chance. Less than one year and then ones I have are in the trash. Don't waste your money until they can support replacement parts. DO NOT BUY!

• Ge
    Geo24 Feb 27, 2010

Six years ago, I bought Hamilton solar lights and the batteries eventually quit, plus the contacts corrode. i replaced the batteries over time and they work. This week one light quit altogether. They sell a 2 pack for $23 which is way overprice. Home Depot has very poor customer service, so i rarely shop there anymore.

• Sh
    shannystreet Jul 22, 2009

I also need 6 mounting stakes for the Hampton Bay outdoor lighting. All of mine are broken. If anyone could tell me where I could get them from.

Thanks
    Shantell
    [email protected]

• Li
    Lisa Dinan Jul 08, 2009

Yes, I to have bought 4 sets of the Hampton Bay Solar lights over the past 2 years and at least 2-3 of them dont work after about a month or so. I wrote to the company and never got a response back from them. I have tried replacing the batteries and they still dont work, very dissapointing. With the economy the way it is now a days Hampton Bay should be ashamed of their products and try to please us buyers!!!

• Je
    jeanette hios Jun 15, 2009

I purchased Hampton Bay lights as well and none of them project any light at all!!! I am very disappointed and will never purchase another item from them again

• Gr
    groundskeeper willie Jun 06, 2009

I bought 2 packages (4 lights per box) of Hampton Bay model 237-002 lights. 7 of the 8 initially worked, but after several weeks, ony TWO light up on a regular basis. Several are just dead, and some occasionally and randomly light up. 3 that were dormant lit up last night, but after a full day of sun today, no light at all.

Thses are the WORST solar lights I've ever bought, and there are close to 80 (or more) in our exterior gardens.

I will never by anything with the Hampton Bay name again.

• Sh
    shera Jun 03, 2009

I brought 14 Hampton Bay outside solar lights .6 of them were defective. I think Home Depot should start correcting these problems with their prducts. Instead of acting like these problems don't exist. Since Home Depot owns Hampton Bay. [email protected]

• Sw
    swing arm wall sconce May 30, 2009

Light won't stay on after repeated hits. Swinging arm wall sconce [email protected]

dansan05 May 19, 2009

I bought a set of Hampton Bay Solar lights from Home Depot, model 79778 and they only work intermittantly, sometimes not at all.
    Oddly enough, If I cover the sensor and the solar panel inside in a pitch dark room, they work great. Outside, in the backyard, they only seem to work once in a while.
    I have tested the batteries and they all test good, so the recharger circuit is working..there is something defective in the sensor, I suspect.
    Can't find the receipt and threw out the box. Ironically, the cheap light I bought for $3.97 works great..not Hampton Bay.

• Su
    Susan Mar 18, 2009

Paint is bubbling and pealign after 1 season of use.

• At
    ATEAM Mar 18, 2009

I agree. I have two that have broken in the last 6 months I've had them. It should be under warranty. But I can't even figure out where to buy the replacement.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    Adrian

• Jn
    JNORMAND Feb 13, 2009

I PURCHASED TWO SETS OF OUTDOOR SOLAR LIGHTS FROM HOME DEPOT AND THE CHEAP PLASTIC MOUNTING STAKES HAVE ALL BROKEN. HOME DEPOT SAYS THEY DO NOT CARRY REPLACEMENT PARTS. THE LIGHTS ARE USELESS LAYING ON THE GROUND WITH NO MOUNTING STAKES. I NEED 12 NEW MOUNTING STAKES. PLEASE SEND TO ME ASAP.

THANKS JIM

Mimi Jan 03, 2009

We bought a set of 6 solar patio lights, Hampton Bay from Home Depot about 6 months ago and half of them haven't been working for about 3 months now. We have replaced the batteries but it doesn't make a difference. We paid $60.00 for the set and are very disappointed in the make. Now we can't even return them to Home Depot. Won't buy Hampton Bay again!

Mimi Jan 03, 2009

We bought a set of 6 patio solar lights for $60.00 from Home Depot. A few months later, no more than 6months and half of them won't work. We have tried putting new batteries in but they still don't work. Very disappointed in them, now we can't even return them to Home Depot.

David Marmer Dec 03, 2008

After assembling remote control fan the transmitter is way too big for the canopy it is to sit in. I have put together over 150 fans and am very mechanically inclined. The model is called midili 44"

• Ca
    Carol Nov 17, 2008

I bought a pack of six Hampton Bay Lantern type outdoor solar lights. After installing them and charging them in the sunlight for a day, I anxiously awaited to see how wonderful the new lights would shine on my front patio...I'm still waiting.

Three of the six are extremely dim. The three that light brighter were disappointing, but I could live with it.

I e-mailed the address provided in the packaging slip asking if there was something I could do to get better lighting out of the three dim lights. No response. I e-mailed again. A response came that I need to write a different e-mail. I did. I was instructed to provide the model number. I did. Then I was instructed to give the UPC code. I did that. After about a week of no reply, I wrote again asking for feedback. The reply I received was to re-send my original request. I wrote back asking if they "were kidding?". I provided my original e-mail request and have yet to receive any response. That was three weeks ago.

I say...DO NOT buy anything with Hampton Bay on the box. Too bad; they have some pretty cool things. I will NEVER buy Hampton Bay products again.

Michele Nov 08, 2008

My husband ran over my stakes for my lights with the lawn mower (he thought they were deep enough in the ground), so I clearly can't return them to the store now (and I threw away the box and receipt - d'oh!) so I'm going to try to make them work. But does anyone know how I would go about getting replacement stakes? None of them will stay in the ground now. :(

• Ro
    Robert Pacheco Nov 04, 2008

I received my out door lites as a gift and have no receit or information on the types. How can I order new lites etc.?

Jack Gardner Oct 27, 2008

I purchased a 4-pack of the solar LED landscape lights #888 425 none of which work. I was going to return them for an exchange but after reading the complaints on this site decided to get my money back.

Dalbert Williams Oct 13, 2008

On Oct. 9, 2008 I purchased a set of 10 solar lights, model 27107. One of the lights does not work. Can I get a replacement without returning the complete set of 10 back to Home Depot where they were purchased.