Having problems with Hertz?

Hertz reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review Herrz did not honor a reservation was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint $400 cleaning fee for smoking (I'm a non-smoker) was resolved on Nov 28, 2020. Hertz has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1003 reviews. Hertz has resolved 122 complaints.

Hertz Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 654 3001 (United States)
+1 800 654 3131 (USA, Canada and Puerto Rico)
+44 207 365 3369 (United Kingdom)
+61 180 055 0078 (Australia)
+64 33 586 789 (New Zealand)
+43 179 532 (Austria)
+32 27 173 207 (Belgium)
+45 33 179 057 (Denmark)
+354 522 4400 (Iceland)
+31 202 013 519 (Netherlands)
+351 219 426 385 (Portugal)
+27 112 898 001 (South Africa)
999 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Fl 3
Naples, Florida
United States - 34108-3508

Hertz Complaints & Reviews

Hertzfraudulent business

Shame I had to give one star just to comment; I would not have given any.
Recently hired a car for a funeral and on my return was informed that the passenger Tyre had damage. Hertz were good enough to send me photos, which clearly show all around damage to their cheap alloy wheels. So when I dispute the Hertz claim they Bill my card anyway; try and reply to the email-its a No Reply.
Such a scam; do not use this company.
PS; Hertz, can I have the old Tyre, as I did pay for it!

Oct 25, 2019

Hertz — unauthorised charges or claims - overbilling with unethical intent?

I took out and paid for glass/window and tyre insurance with the rental of a vehicle. The purpose is for...

Oct 22, 2019

Hertz Car Sales — Horrible Customer Service

My experience today regarding Communication with a young lady name "JELISA TRULY" was the worst...

Hertzcar rental

Hertz Loyalty Customer Service,

As a President's Circle member (ID [protected]), I have expressed my loyalty to Hertz by completing 42 rentals in 2019. Considering that we are in week 42, that means that I have completed, on average, a rental every single week in this calendar year alone. I clearly travel frequently and have my choice of companies from which to acquire a rental car. I have remained loyal to Hertz because the transactions are typically easy, quick and I can get the car that I prefer with little to no drama.

Imagine my dismay when I realized at the last minute that I missed booking a car for pickup today (October 16, 2019) at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, CA. While I am not one to seek special treatment, I quickly dismissed any anxiety because I knew that Hertz would provide excellent customer service, especially to such a loyal customer.

The bottom line is that I was sorely disappointed when the service representative explained that he could not help me in person and that I must book a car through the app. I complied, only to discover that a car for less than 48 hours would cost more than $330 because at 6:30 p.m., there "were no cars available". Yes, I am traveling for business and yes, this would be a business expense, but I am in the business of saving my company money and I was not about to be exploited simply because I had not reserved a car ahead of time. The rep then told me that if this car and cost were not satisfactory, I should try Avis instead.

Uber won my business today.

I now have to consider why I remain loyal to a company that doesn't have my back when I give them my business every. single. week.

Disappointed and without a rental,

Pascal Gentile

President's Circle Member [protected]

Oct 12, 2019

Hertz — overcharged for gas

This is the third time I am writing a complaint without hearing back from the customer service dept. When I...

Oct 01, 2019

Hertz Edinburgh Airport — car hire

I booked my car hire for the UK through the teachers union in Western Australia (SSTUWA) who list Hertz as a...

Hertzvehicle

Hi. Someone hit my car at the end of August. I was contacted by their insurance company saying the reservation had been made. Once I contacted Hertz in Memphis I never could get anyone to answer the phone. I live across the bridge in Arkansas and figured since the accident wasn't my fault...I wasn't spending my gas money to cross the bridge and have to find someone to take me. Regardless it took 3 weeks for someone to finally get back to me. Supposedely the regional manager of the Memphis area. Since September 19th I have been calling Hertz trying to get them to come get the vehicle. The vehicle was dropped off at my house with no signed contract. Actually I wasn't even home, my husband was. I have spoke with about 20 people from the 1800 numbers and none of them no anything or can help. The last guys name I spoke to was Terrance. He assured me last Thursday the car would be picked up and I would be getting a call. Here it is Monday the 30th and I still have their car and it seems like it is of no concern to them. Shame on insurance companies using people like this to do business with.

Sep 13, 2019

Hertz/Thrifty — car rental insurance

I reserved a car at the Hertz/Thrifty office at Ramstein AFB in Germany. I did this through Expedia, from...

Sep 12, 2019

Hertz — erroneous charges for a dept of defense government civilian

I booked a rental car through Hertz by CI Azumano (DoD Contract Travel Agent) on Aug 20th for pickup on Aug...

Sep 12, 2019

Hertz — car rental

Hi, Normally I rent a car another company. But they don't give my car. I went https://www.hertz.com agency...

Hertzcharged for insurance I said I didn't want

Prepaid rental at Seatac airport. Very clearly said I didn't want insurance nor prepaid fuel. When agent said sign here, I questioned the charges. He said that was the deposit and fuel charge if I didn't return the car full of gas. I signed the contract. When I returned the car I was charged $293 for insurance. I talked to the manager at the rental counter who couldn't understand why I was upset.
        After all I signed the contract. He would review the videotape, but wouldn't let me see it. Just got off the phone with Hertz customer service. They offered to refund 50% of the insurance charge. I told them not good enough.

Hertz - Moreno Valleycar rental

Book a rental at hertz weeks before my daughters wedding for a premium large suv. The website said I would get a yukon or "similar" we'll after waiting 1 hour in waiting room they offered me a non-premium suv that smelled like weed and had bad wear & tear to it. I asked if they had something else, this is for a wedding, the sales person pretended to call someone then said no this is all we have. Then he quickly tried to process the transaction and he also increased the charge by adding "ldw" a special insurance they have for their cars w/out even asking me. I asked why the price doubled he said everyone gets this insurance and I would feel safer with it. I should of paid attention to the reviews... This particular location sucks! Hertz almost ruined my daughters wedding luckily, avis car rental at the moreno valley mall saved the day! Gave me a brand new suv, premium with all sorts of discounts... Thanks andy! Its crazy because I rented a jaguar at the riverside, ca location with outstanding customer service. But dealing w/ the moreno valley branch has made me change to a different rental company for now on.

Sep 08, 2019

Hertz-Riga/Lettonie — car hire

Hello, I was booking a car via Car Trawler a car in Riga/ Lettonie the 26/08/19 They wrote to retire the car...

Sep 06, 2019

Hertz — hertz / hotwire

I reserved and prepaid for a Hertz large car through Hotwire; called the Fall River location the morning of...

Hertzillegal activity

Hertz is the most corrupted car rental company on the face of this earth. The social media support in the facebook page of hertz and their executive customer service never bothered responding because they knew they were at fault. Following which, I was a subject of (slander) by hertz's vehicle control department in spite of making all extensions and payments on time and having tangible proof of such payments. I wish I could sue hertz for defamation but I have more important things to focus in life. Do not rent car from hertz because after taking your money, they will tamper the paperwork in their computer system, so you would end up driving an illegal, unauthorized vehicle (which would constitute a "stolen" vehicle) without having any knowledge of that. Following which, they would threaten you to return the vehicle in spite of charging your bank account in advance. Hertz would deliberately do that so it would give them the opportunity to decline any insurance claims and you can also get arrested on the road as well. Hertz says in their facebook page - "we're here to get you there". What they mean by that is - "we're here to get you arrested, get your driver license revoked and get you into [censored] loads of financial trouble". Holding money from my bank account and letting me drive out with an illegal, unauthorized, uninsured vehicle is not only wrong - it is a crime.

Sep 04, 2019

Hertz — smoke clean fee

I was never told by the man who rented me the vehicle that they had a no smoking policy. There was not a no...

HertzUnprofessional incident

I reserved a car through hotwire [protected] july 23-29th, premium car $328.28 pre paid Hertz confirmation J09836632F1. My flight arrive 230pm Detroit metro airport and I was unable to receive the car I prepaid for due to staff not knowing how to apply itinernary number. I waited until 5pm and was told I could not get the car I prepaid for and had to rent another car at a higher cost $468.00. I had my 3yr old daughter with me and as every person including the manager couldn't find what I had prepaid for with hotwire and through this mess, no one offered water for myself or my daughter. My refund for my orginial rental posted to my account 4-5 days later. This was a horrible experience and at the end of the day the manager stated I was lucky to get a car because they were out of cars. I will never rent through hertz ever again.

Aug 28, 2019

Hertz — thrifty car rental

I rented a car from thrifty on aug 22-25. I returned it on time and full of gas, not knowing about a border...

Aug 27, 2019

Hertz — extended warranty

Bought extended warranty got accident Hertz supposed to reimburse my warranty because I didn't have the car...

Aug 23, 2019

Hertz Corporate Offices — roaches all over in a car we rented

To Hertz CEO's - Kathryn V. Marinello, Thomas C. Kennedy and Richard Freker : We had a terrible situation...