Having problems with Hertz?

Hertz reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 17, 2006. The latest review Herrz did not honor a reservation was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint $400 cleaning fee for smoking (I'm a non-smoker) was resolved on Nov 28, 2020. Hertz has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 1003 reviews. Hertz has resolved 122 complaints.

Hertz Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 654 3001 (United States)
+1 800 654 3131 (USA, Canada and Puerto Rico)
+44 207 365 3369 (United Kingdom)
+61 180 055 0078 (Australia)
+64 33 586 789 (New Zealand)
+43 179 532 (Austria)
+32 27 173 207 (Belgium)
+45 33 179 057 (Denmark)
+354 522 4400 (Iceland)
+31 202 013 519 (Netherlands)
+351 219 426 385 (Portugal)
+27 112 898 001 (South Africa)
999 Vanderbilt Beach Rd Fl 3
Naples, Florida
United States - 34108-3508

Hertz Complaints & Reviews

Hertz Car Rentalcar rental

Dear Madam/Sir,

I reserved a vehicle from Hertz through Expedia for pick-up at your branch at 30 York St. in Ottawa on December 31, 2018 and return the next day.

Upon arrival at the rental office on Dec. 31, the clerk informed me that the only car of the size which I had booked was a bright pink vehicle. He said that he assumed that I would not want a pink car and that I could take a larger car of a normal colour (white or black) but would have to pay the price difference. (The price of the car I booked was $40 all inclusive and the price for the larger car was $48.64.) I took the larger car and paid the difference because I did not want to drive around in the silly-looking pink car. I did not make an issue of the matter because I did not have the impression that the clerk had the authority to offer me the larger car at the price which had been agreed via my Expedia reservation.

I request that Hertz reimburse me the $8.64 difference. I would not have booked with Hertz had I known that I would be required to take a bright pink car or pay more for a normal-looking vehicle. I am surprised that Hertz has cars of such unconventional colours in its fleet as few clients would want to be seen driving around in one. Certainly very few clients would be happy to be told, after reserving a car of a certain size, that they must take a pink or polka-dotted car or pay more for a larger model. I frequently rent cars from different companies and have never before had such a bizarre experience.

I look forward to your reply. My Email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Sincerely,

Mr. Perry Calderwood
Ottawa, ON

Hertz — vehicle rental car agency

My name is Geell Mitchell. Rental Record Number: RR [protected] I have rented a vehicle from Hertz from...

Hertz Rent a Car in Rockwall TX. — refusal to provide a car even after insurance contacted them with approvals

I was in an accent on the 17th of Dec. 2018. The other driver and his insurance accepted responsibility...

Hertz Italiana Spa / Romaunauthorized booking from my credit card

Dear Hertz Team,
    on 21st of December an unauthorized booking from my credit card happened. In total this is €30, 50. In September I was in Italy, but I booked my car with rentalcars.com.

With this Mail I am requesting a refund to my Credit Card.

My Name: Ernst Fehr

Credit Card starts with 5415

Due to the reason that the number shall be available it will not be a problem for you to get the total number of my Master Card.

Appreciating your reply

Ernst Fehr

Hertz — reserved /prepaid vehicle not available at location

Hi, My husband and I reserved and prepaid for an SUV rental to be picked up 12/22/18 at the location on...

Hertzhertz car rental

On November 18, 2018 I booked a car for my wife Laura Braioni through your Johnston RI office. I even performed a check-in and received a confirmation number (H8531356391). The problem is that there was no car available. Your collegues even told my wife that they would call as soon as a car was available; my wife is still waiting. I plan being in Rhode Island at the end of January and I was wondering was you have in store for me.

hertz car rental

Hertzrental car pick up

My name is Sheryl White. Today dropped my car off at Classic Collision in Union City around 2pm, I was told that since I had state farm insurance, that Hertz would pick me up and transport me to their location in Union sitting. I waited 3 hours, no one came. Finally some one from Classic Collision had to drop me off to pick up my rental ( this was appalling). When I arrived I asked the two young ladies why no one showed to pick me up and their answer was "Calvin said he went by there but no one was waiting", well that is untrue. Linda ( the lady at the front desk went to lunch and when she returned, I was still sitting there). I never left the shop and I was sitting in the window waiting. With him not showing up I missed my doctor appt., and when I got to the Hertz location in Union City he of course was not there. I think this was very unprofessional, I not only had to pay for my rental (which I already knew), but now I have a missed appointment fee that has to be paid. With all of this unnecessary stress I feel that I should be compensated for the trauma Iexperienced and the rental fee. I know he lied because I was there and if the collision company had not drove me there I would have been sitting there until the place closed and left without transportation to work. This is very bad service of Hertz. Is this the kind of service Hertz practice? The two young ladies in the office was very helpful and tried to make my nightmare better, but as far as Calvin is concerned you need to talk to him, because at this point I will never rent another car from Hertz especially if I have to wait for a pick up! Your help with this matter would be deeply appreciated. My email address is [protected]@ymail.com.

• Updated by Sheryl White · Dec 11, 2018

The two young ladies in the office were very nice

Hertzcustomer service

We have been Gold members for many years we rented a car from the Sky Harbour location. My mother passed away and we have driven to California to schedule services and bury my mother we started calling Hertz on Friday 11/30/2018 and are still trying to get some response from Hertz. The problem is we need to drop the car off in the LA area and nobody at Hertz has enough compassion to connect with us to solve this issue I don't think I will ever rent from Hertz again

Hertz — renting a car at myliniti, lesvos greece

The Hertz agent at the airport physically confronted me regarding a damage rental car. When I brought the...

Hertzthe complaint is about the service upon my family trying to return a rental car at midway international airport in chicago, il

My name is Melanie Martin and I live in Dallas, TX. My husband (Tyrone Martin) and I rented a car from Dollar on 11/17/17 to get around during our stay during Thanksgiving in South Bend, IN. Contract # is [protected]. On our return trip, our returning flight 11/24/18 was at 5:30 a.m. We left South Bend driving at 3:00 a.m. (which is 2:00 a.m. at Chicago). We made great time driving back, but no one was at the Dollar Midway to accept the cars. There were people all lined up. We wasted more than an hour trying to find someone and I even called the Dollar 800 line. This person said to put the key in the jacket and put my time, if tank was full, but you couldn't just leave the car where it was because there were other cars in front of us also. We now had only less than an hour before our departure and afraid we would miss our flight. Someone did come, and she said just to leave the keys in the cars. In my haste I left my medicine pack which I needed and 2 books of stamps I just bought. I would think that Dollar would call the customers that the cars were stranded, and by the time I got home, you have already billed me. This was my first time renting with Dollar and I am looking for compensation off my bill as it was frustrating and had your agents been there as they should, I know we would not have hastily left personal items in efforts of trying to catch our flight.

Hertzreservation confirmation #: h6900934324

On 8/6/2018 Hertz UAE Franchise Dublin deducted AED 1, 1, 04.71 from my credit card account ending in #8248 towards reserving a car from your Milan Malpensa Airport desk. You online-accepted my reservation and Hertz Gold membership registration # [protected] using my UAE drivers licence and at no time asked for an International Drivers Licence. I have been using your Milan desk for years to rent Hertz cars and have never been asked for an International Drivers Licence.

When I arrived to pick up my reserved car on July 20, 2018, I was rejected on the grounds that the local office was now enforcing a rule that was hidden from me until it was too late. I requested they refund the same Credit Card the AED 1, 104. I requested the same online to Hertz on 19/09/2018 but have not received any response to date.

Hertz — car rental peoria, arizona w. thunderbird road

I have rented 2 vehicles from this location. One, a Ford Wagon was fine. No problem. The second was a Dodge...

Hertz — thrifty car rental spokane washington and purco fleet services

Been on the phone with at least 4 different people with Thrifty numbers including the supervisor at the...

Hertz — rental agent

Due to an accident I was assisted by my AAA service agent in renting with Hertz, the rental was fine all...

Hertzcar rental tyler texas

I reserved a truck for 11/10/2018 to be picked up at 930 am. When I arrived at 935 they didn't have one. So I was informed to come back between 1045 and 1100 in which I did. Upon my return I still didn't get a vehicle until 1140 the vehicle I was given smelled like cigarette smoke and it looked like someone personal vehicle. I have rented from your company a lot and this is the worst service I have ever had. I reserved a truck for 930 and I didn't get it until 1140.

Hertz — other cleaning fee

Well, I picked up my vehicle in good condition yesterday morning. Drove on a buisness trip and return the...

Hertz — my reservation denied... on site san juan airport...

RESERVATION # H8282355860   october 23, 2018 dated... Please be advised that this morning at 3 am my time...

Hertz — broken credit card machine

On Sunday evening, , about 9:30 PM November 4th, 2018, my employee, Robert Johnson went to pick up the Hertz...

Hertz Car Sales Costa Mesa CA — retail sales contract

After I received a copy of the purchase documents I realized that the Hertz retail sales agreement contained...

Hertz — car rental

I was in car accident. MY insurance called in reservation, FAYETTEVILLE GA location. I pick my rental up on...