GE MONEYmisleading contact, harrassing calls

A

I was given $500 credit while i was at the vet with one of my dogs who ultimately died. Under such a time of stress i did not see the trial period clause.
I was late on one payment and had someone calling me threatening to empty my bank account...i did not even bring up the subject of the exhorbitant interest fees. Now i just got a letter saying the had canceled my account and i have to write to them. so i assume unless i pay the whole amount in full they will continue with their 20% interest per month. Unless you pay it all of you will never get rid of them seems to me they are glad to hand out credit to people under times of stress. the staff in mumbai hardly speak english and are obnoxious. I will take then to small claims if i have to, or they can take me to debtors court. these sort of companies are usually represented by lawyers who where almost certainly bottom of their class

RESOLVED

• Updated by GE Money US · Apr 05, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 040511_furn

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Money

• Th
    The chaser of crooks Jun 08, 2014

I don't understand why these two corporations are getting away with "Illegal" business practices. They have lots of judgements against them.

If you want to see just how bad they are go to pissed consumer & put these review numbers 403826, 408105, 478478, 483025. If you don't want to read the post you can go to anyone of these Reviews & see actual documents. You can also go to scam report#1140625

If you want to see actual statements made from an Employee at GE Capital Retail you can go to you tube & type GE Capital Retail Pay Pal look for the green snakes or this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=684lrrTwkqk

• Th
    The chaser of crooks Jun 08, 2014

Be thankful they canceled your account. This is the most corrupt bank along with Pay Pal words have not been created in the dictionary for what they do. This word is in the dictionary"Crooks".

The other names GE Capital Retail Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank, GE Money Bank now there soon to be new name for the fourth time will be Synchrony Bank which also has to settle millions of dollars to customers who experienced what you did.

If you want to see actual documents on pissed consumer & don't have the time to read the post you can see actual documents on these reviews that I have done since 2017. You can also go to this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=684lrrTwkqk if this doesn't work just go to you tube & put in GE Capital Retail Pay Pal look for the green snakes. The Review numbers on pissed consumer are
    483913, 397877, 403826, 408105, 478478, 483025, scam report#1140625

Why is this still going? Why are they even allowed to do business?

• 87
    876378 Feb 14, 2012

I just posted a very similar complaint. Auto payments made and GE charging late fees.

Comments

• Ge
    GECapitalCares Sep 26, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 092611_lc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Capital

• Ha
    Harry Crowley Sep 18, 2011

My wife got her glasses from Lenscrafters, 2 years no interest. They we no good so she got another pair same deal. She spent over $600 on glasses at Lenscrafters, but her eyes were too bad to help.
    the complaint is not about Lenscrafters but GE Money.
    She tried to keep up but she would always miss the due date and get a later fee.
    Finally she just paid the whole bill and she thought that was the end of it. then another bill came for $6, she called and was told she owed nothing, Now this month a bill came for $8, do they ever leave you alone?

• Ro
    Rock01 Apr 18, 2011

same here - baught furniture for $1600 as promotional offer, made all monthly payment they used to indicate on statement . So i forgot to see last statement and here i am stuck with $1700 as deferred charge ..Horrible. My lesson - pay cash . If don't have cash, wait till you save that much ..

• Po
    pobarjenkins Apr 05, 2011

The confusion you had with your checking account number: Did you type in the wrong number?

Next time I would recommend just paying for the furniture on your own. Sometimes there are benefits to financing, but sometimes sneaky tactics are used that screw you over.

• Fl
    Flugine Apr 04, 2011

We financed a bedroom set through GE Money, we were told we had to go through them from our retailer. We were given a 3 year, no interest promotion. We financed $2, 500.56. We ran into issues with their online payment program. My wife attempted to make an online payment, and we would receive a confirmation number for our online payment. We were given no notice that there were issues with the checking account we gave.

They did that, and we went forward with just mailing checks. Everything was current and consistent on a monthly basis. We just received our latest statement. We were being advised (no prior notice) that our promotion was being terminated and finance charges of $363.60 were included in the latest statement.

All the “manager” could tell me over and over again was that the termination is valid and she could not change it back (her name is Amanda). Amanda claims we received a mailing in September, warning us our promotion would be terminated. We never received such a mailing nor did anything like this show up in our September statement.

Also, we never received an email from them or a phone call from them advising this. In summary, we thought everything was corrected with the online payment issues and confusion, and GE Money has made a backhanded decision, so they can squeeze money out of us. It is the most disgraceful example of customer treatment I have ever had to experience.

Beb Feb 25, 2011

Get a life Gatortracks!!

Beb Feb 23, 2011

Hey Gatortracks,
    I'm noticing that you are here a lot. Don't have a life huh? You even commented on my complaint about GE Money. You must be one of those cyberbullies' on this site that everyone is complaining about. Personally, I think it's just that you don't have a life so you hang around on this site. What's the matter? Everyone at home tired of listening to you so you come here to the CB?

Beb Feb 23, 2011

Gatortracks, do you not get frustrated and go off? Man, I'd love to have your life, no frustrations! You can't even recognize sarcasm! 4 days after and I'm over it! I've moved on and will pay them their $66 owed.

Beb Feb 18, 2011

Just looking at all the credit cards that are through GE Money--sheesh! I had (HAD!! which got closed last week) a Dillard's credit card. I've had that card for 3 years and can honestly say that I paid on that thing religiously. I sometimes paid it way down and then bought something at low price just to keep it going. I became unemployed, still paid it with my unemployment funds. Then in December of 2017, my scholarship money ran out and couldn't get a job that ran in sync with school. From December to January, I called them twice pleading my cause and that I will have x-amounts of money on this date. They said fine. Finally in January, I have a job and pay them what was due +. Come February, I find they closed my account. Loyalty means nothing to these credit card companies. Also, I really resented talking to their CSR's who are in Pakistan or somewhere like that. Never will I ever buy anything ever again from Dillard's. AND next time I apply for a credit card from somewhere, I had better do my homework and find out who finances these cards. I feel like going to my local government and buying the right to protest outside of Dillard's. I think there are many people who don't know that Dillard's or GE Money outsources their card services to the Middle East.

• Rc
    RCF Communications Jan 27, 2011

Sorry to read you have concerns with your account. Please send your contact information/phone number to [email protected] so that we can have one of our specialists reach out to you directly. Please do not include or post your credit card account number.
    Thanks,
    GE RCF Communcations

• Bi
    BigBob33 Jan 26, 2011

I bought a TV from Amazon.com. There was a promotion for 0% interest for 12 months if I get an Amazon credit card managed by GE Money.

I did not receive the card, I did not receive any conditions on that promotion. But I received the interest charge back to the first month after ... 6 months.

It is the second time I have problems with GE Money. And the last time I do business with them. No mater what promotions they have!. They are false anyway.

Stay away from GE Money "services".

not happy, horrible company! Jan 03, 2011

The so called business is no where to be found. I already triend the BBB.

not happy, horrible company! Jan 03, 2011

The "business" is no where to be found. I already tired the BBB

not happy, horrible company! Jan 02, 2011

I went to Dallas, TX for my anniversary. I was scammed in a mall for Jose Eber hair straightener (paid $300 and when i flew home and went to use it, it didn't even work). I called the company that has the "lifetime warranty" and they wont do anything. They have email address, phone numbers, and mailling address but they wont reply to me about getting an exchange. Lowes Visa which is owned by the horrible company GE money, said they would dispute the charge and get me my money back. The gal at the kiosk lied to GE money about everything. I proved her wrong. I sent in all my proof. GE money said they would keep disputing the charge. All of a sudden it was back on my card again. I called again and they said not to pay it because they are disputing the charge again. Then another time i called because it was still on my statement and i was getting late charges. Then the guy on the phone told me that they sent me a letter stating that they can't do anything about the charge! So now I have a wasted $300 on a hair straightener that doesnt even work! I actually just paid the $300 on my credit card and canceled my card! Never do business with GE money!

• Ba
    Barry J Nov 24, 2010

I too wish I had come here and read up on GE Money Bank. My story is that I used them in Nov. of 2017 to finance my furnace. My agreement stated that I had until Dec. 9 2017 to pay off the balance. Well, I was down to $3280 on Nov.22 2017 and arranged to transfer the balance to Chase Bank but now before the transfer went through the balance has gone to $4237.93!! There is no explanation visible on the website for this $957 increase, but I assume that Chase notified them that the transfer was coming and they hit me with a ridiculous interest rate and fee before it was applied. Their actions are criminal in my opinion, and from what I have read here it is their common practice. So, beware do not finance anything through GE Money Bank. I never will again and intend to make complaints every way I can--attorney generals, BBB, finanace and trade commision--the works.

• Je
    jetretry02009 Nov 05, 2010

No [censor], GE MONEY.. If you look at the title of these complaints it is for GE MONEY. Not every one of GE's many sub companies. GE Money is the private label credit card division. No WE dont outsource. You dont work there, you dont hire people. Get you'r facts straight...

P.S.
    The bottom line is that you lazy hypocrites should pay your bills and stop blaming the companies you borrow money from for your own debt.

• Dm
    DM01 Oct 08, 2010

I have to agree with Verity. Pay your bills and stop complaining. As for jetretryo2009... Genpact was originally GE Capital International Services (GECIS), which GE sold off the majority owership but held 40 or 49% right after the sale. These people were "GE" employees prior to the majority sale. Genpact is now a publicly traded company, so yes, they are contracted by GE at this time. Outsourcing work is either domestic or offshore, it is having someone else contracted to do the job, so, yes, they do outsource. They use Genpact along with other collection agencies for champion/challengers as well.

• Je
    jetretry02009 Sep 20, 2010

just so you know. you say she dosnt know anything. GE does NOT outsource. the call center in india is not a third party agency doing calls on GEs behalf. They are a GE run call center and went through the same training all of us did here at the call centers in the united states.

• Sk
    Skihigh Aug 05, 2010

I have taken a refrigerator from vijay sales santacruz mumbai in october 2017 where in after makin the downpayment they gave me option of consumer loan which was throug ge money i issued them 7pds where in the pds were getinng debited properly every month the last pds has also been debited from my bank account but ge money claims that the cheque has been returned but there is no return entry in my bank account of my last cheque nor there are any cheque return charges also as confirmed from the bank also from the clearing department the cheque has been debited by ge money for the same.

Ge money is continuously sending me harassment letter from their lawyers and toucher me to make the payment even after submiting the valid proof of my statement showing the debit entry of my cheque .also i have faxed a statement to ge money customer care.

Chowtheyrun Mar 10, 2010

I used GE Money for a medical reason. Interest was deferred as long as I paid in full during the deferrment time period. I unfortunately assumed that as long as I made my payments on time and ALWAYS more than the minimum I would pay it off before the allotted time.
    Foolishly I did not watch my e-statements just paid them. Dec 2017 the time ran out and I did not notice. In Feb when I did notice I paid the remaining 4XX.00, and was told too bad too late, and another 2017.00 of deferred interest was added. I called and wrote, to no avail. When I look at March's statement they added a finance charge to the interest charge at 29.99%

GE MONEY IS USURIOUS, THE EXACT TYPE OF BUSINESS THE NEW CREDIT LAWS ARE AIMED AT, AND QUITE SIMPLY THEY S>>>K

• So
    Solamente Feb 22, 2010

Fell behind on a few bills. Since then, I have been constantly "harassed" by GE Money Debt Collection. They call anywhere between 8 to 10 times a day, and can barely understand a word that they're saying. On top of that, recently, while talking to them, I heard a beeping noise in the background. Finally one day I asked about it, and found that they were recording me, without letting me know that they were recording me! What the? Is this even legal? I looked it up, and found out that it's illegal for them to be recording me without my knowledge. So the next time it happened, I asked for a supervisor and was hung up on. I've only made it to a supervisor once, and he refused to talk about it at all. He just kept going on about the debt. How does one report this?

• Ni
    nikkiL Lynne wilson Jan 11, 2010

I was mailed a bill on 1/5/2017 and the bill was due on 1/09/2017.<br /><br /><br />
    I should not have to pay a late fee for failure to have the bill getting late to me before the due date four days away. I will like to credited for the charge of twenty nine dollars due to Ge Money error. I always pay my bills on time. Nikki Wilson [protected]

• Sc
    screwed_by_ge_money Dec 26, 2009

We financed a bedroom set through GE Money, we were told we had to go through them from our retailer. We were given a 3yr, no interest promotion. We financed $2, 500.56.

We ran into issues with their online payment program. My wife attempted to make an online payment, and we would receive a confirmation number for our online payment. We were given no notice that there were issues with the checking account we gave. We just get the next statement showing a late fee and a returned check fee. We try again online per the customer representative we spoke to, got a confirmation number, but again the same treatment. I called to dispute the fees because there was some confusion with the checking account number we processed. However, we successfully processed our checking account number, and would receive confirmation numbers for our payment request. I told them that it was clear we were attempting to make payments on time, and that we wanted to have the late and returned check fees credited. They did that, and we went forward with just mailing checks. Everything was current and consistent on a monthly basis.

We just received our latest statement. We were being advised (no prior notice) that our promotion was being terminated and finance charges of $363.60 were included in the latest statement. I called to find out why, and the manager I spoke to said it was because we had a couple of late payments throughout the history of our account. I explained that there was confusion with their online payment system and we called consistently every month, and everything was taken care of in September. All the "manager" could tell me over and over again was that the termination is valid and she could not change it back (her name is Amanda). Amanda claims we received a mailing in September, warning us our promotion would be terminated. We never received such a mailing nor did anything like this show up in our September statement. Also, we never received an email from them or a phone call from them advising this.

• Ly
    lynn k Nov 12, 2009

i can totally agree with every comment made . G.E.money are by far the worst company i have ever had to deal with. no communication, rude, bullies and ignorant. my only hope is that iwin the lotto and can rid them forever, ... lynn ireland

• Pr
    Princesscasmere Nov 10, 2009

This company is horrible!!! They never sent up our statments even though we called repeatly and asked for them. We got behind in payments but i paid close to 400.00 to get us back on track. My husband called the customer service # today as was treated horribly like we were criminals. My husband asked for help with the statments and they blew him off and told him to call the Attorney for collections. When my husbond complained we never received a bill they advised that was our problem and they didnot have to send us a bill. He asked for a manager and was refused.<br />
    <br />
    Its ok when the banks asked for billions from the goverment in a bail out but please don't aks for a few extra weeks to make your payment or to send you the bill. i have other credit cards and have not had this problem. <br />
    <br />
    I have read several of the letters on here and there representives have no right to talk to people the way they did. They still should be professional. The attorney's office was much better to deal with even though they orginally wanted 175.00 a month which is not going to happen. If we had not falle nbehind we would have only paid 40.00 a month. <br />
    <br />
    I will finish making my payments and be done with them. if this is the way they feel they can treat their customers we are better off without them. <br />
    <br />
    This is a horrible company and i suggest if you were considering a credit card not too.

• He
    Helen McWiliams Oct 23, 2009

I have my payment automatilty taken from my checking account each month to make a payment . They have changed the payment due (without me noticeing it) and just this month -as always after the first run in it was taken out on the same day at the bank -has always made it there in plenty of time -now they say it was late -from the 8th taken out to being posted on the 14th-and added a late charge -it's been taken out the 8th with no pro33blem for the last several months or more---I called they did take the late fee off but the payment will still be 10 dollars higher --the 39.99 late fee is rediculous to begin with--wish I had never gotten anything through these people.

• Ve
    Verity Smith Oct 10, 2009

Did he say anyone FORCED him to take out a loan? If he gets calls from collections the choice is to pay your bills on time and no problem. Stop blaming others! Most companies outsource something-if you needed more help with an issue and called Customer Service, it is likely you will get someone in the US.

joe thon Oct 05, 2009

For almost two years a GE Money collection representative has been calling my mother-in-law’s phone number asking to speak with an individual we do not know, demanding payment on a loan that we do not have. We have explained to the caller that these calls are being made to an incorrect number, but no one at GE is evidently willing or able to correct this problem. So far there have been well over 200 collection calls made to my wife’s mom in this two-year period. We are logging these calls, some of which have been made in the middle of the night, and will be turning this log over to the CT Attorney General’s office. AVOID THIS LENDER!!!

• Da
    Danni06 Sep 29, 2009

I Have just had the most awful customer service from GE Money that has left me close to tears.
    I have been charged a goods insurance fee that should have been deducted in February 2017. The woman on the phone was demeaning and kept speaking over top of me. She stated that the proof of insurance I submitted in February 2017 was only a quote and a letter was sent out to me explaining this. I have never received such a letter, if i had i would have called the insurance company and sorted this ASAP! The letter I provided was in fact straight from ASB bank on the day that I had commenced contents insurance. I have proof on my bank account statements that I have been insured from day one but this woman did not seem to care. Since when were customer service staff so unfriendly? I will never deal with GE money ever again.

• Ji
    Jimboe Sep 17, 2009

Apparently your efforts to pursue a class action against GE Money failed...they are up to their old trick and worse this round. It would also appear that virtually every major retailer is rushing to GE Money for credit service. Its time to apply the pressure where it really hurts - go at the retailers with class-actions. I just received a notice from GE Money advising that they are increasing their rates to a new high...worse when one is late making a payment. Equally worse is that GE Money do not care if the retailer lose customers...what a mess. What is the status of the class action...did you ever find an honest lawyer willing to take on the cause for justice and equality...?

• Cb
    c-bear Sep 08, 2009

I have used credit cards and I work for a finance company myself. If your credit line was reduced then it is because you were late before or missed payments. Finance companies are not out to wreck your credit. There are many other people out there who don't get reduced credit line. Yours was most likely reduced because you were a risk of some kind. Companies have to protect themselves too.

• Bl
    Blacklisted Aug 11, 2009

I was approved for a no payment and interest for one year account when purchasing my Select Comfort Bed. I did pay the account in full and on time. GE Money closed the account with zero balance . I believe I am on their black list for taking advantage of their offer. When I attempt to call them, they literally hang up on me. Once I finally got thru to them on a different phone number. I wanted to make another large purchase, they said NO without checking any of my credit credentials, etc. I have been black listed for utilizing their offer!

Chris1776 Aug 10, 2009

I have to agree with the rudeness of the ge call centres. As if it wasnt bad enough that I called at 5.pm and was on hold for 20 minutes before the phone rang out. When I called back at 8.30 and spent 6 minutes going throught all of the automated rubbish, I spoke to a useless person call Anup (like Prince she had no last name) who couldn't help with either complaints and couldn't get anybody to call me back. When I asked if I could speak to somebody who could help she said yes and then cut me off. Tomorrow I'll be calling and demanding to be put through to an British call centre, where the customer service centre might actually be able to help

• Oh
    Ohmi Landers Jul 30, 2009

My husband was laid off June 15th due to cut backs. We immediatly sent out a letter to inform our creditors of what was happening. After a week had passed and we still had not recieved unemployment, fell behind on our house payment as well as every payment we sent out another letter explaining that our situation was still the same. The next week I called the creditors to talk to them. GE is the most difficult to get through to speak to a rep. I ended up having to call 7 times now asking them to stop the harrassing calls as now we are unablle to even eat. Out of 5 credit card companies GE is the only one that has made our situation even that much more stressfu;. 2 letters and 7 calls apparently is not enough to tell them we have full intent of taking care of this debt when we are able. Yesterday when I made the 7th call I asked to please stop the 8x a day phone calls and was told they would stop. At 6:00 a.m. this morning they began again.
    It is beyond me how this credit card company has continually made mistakes on our billing, never once admitting to a mistake because you can't talk to a rep. But then to be going through the hardest times in our life, losing everything and trying to make sure that our creditosr know we have full intention of paying our deb onlyt to be harrassed so often daily is sad to me that they have zero empathy for our situation.
    Stay away fro GE money. They are one big headache and care nothing about the consumer. They should have gone down with WallStreet! And perhaps their greed and lack of customer service will one day be their down fall.

• Bo
    bobby bailey garry slone Jul 01, 2009

I got two new 4 wheelers and I had a co-signer and they put him as the primary card holder instead of me.They put some insurance on the 4-wheelers and my wife didn't have the autherization to do so and they put it on there anyway.My uncle was only suppose to be on there for 6 months and took of and he has never been took off it's been 2 years and we still owe the same amount we paid for them.Thet have not done us right and I wont to settle this without going to court but if it takes going to court i will go get a layer

mazmcgee Jun 26, 2009

i agree that somehow they are robbing people i have had three late payments issued for the past three months reason being i paid at a lloyds tsb account provided by the gemoney 2 days before the due date only to be told the money got to them five days later so upto now i dont understand why they are charging me yet i paid before the due date.

• Dl
    dlc May 30, 2009

We had made a purchase for which GE was the loan company. After a few payments, we received a letter stating that if we paid off the balance early, we would receive an incentive check in the mail.
    Since this was doable and would save us a little, I paid off the balance. The check has never arrived. Numerous calls to customer service resulted in my continuously being told I would receive the check in " 7 - 10 business days. After reading some of these other compaints, mine seems minor.
    I suggest we all send letters to our elected officials and see if we can get anay results.