Having problems with Bank of America?

+1 800 432 1000 (English)
+1 800 688 6086 (Spanish)
+1 315 724 4022 (International)
+1 757 677 4701 (Credit Card Issues)
100 N Tryon St.
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

Hold on checks

On June 11th I deposited 3 checks from the State of California. The atm, Valley View at Lincoln, showed an error of $5000 for a check that was $905. I corrected the amount and continued on.That day the bank notified me that the checks were put on hold until 6/11. On 6/3 I called and spoke to BofA for over an hour and spoke with a manager.
He said he couldn"t do anything about it. I had to wait until the 11th. I am 65 yrs old raising 5 grandkids on Adoption Assistance, the checks. I have been depositing these checks for over 5 years. Now I can't pay my rent, car, phone, elec, and groceries. I will have late fees for all and I am overdrawn now.I have defended this bank when everyone I know has left you. I have been a loyal customer for almost 40 years. How can you do this to us? After this settles I will be changing banks. Still in shock. I will be seeing an attorney. Thank You
Lynn Christensen-Holdren

EDD Card

This company is literally making it hard for Americans to live thruogh this pandemic.
Not only are the phone lines impossible to get though, taking forever to talk to someone, but you guys are actively showing no sypmathy.
I was able to do a one time transfer onto my Chime card a few weeks ago so I could pay rent, because you guys don't support Venmo.
Once i had enough funds in my account, I tried transferring again since it was time for rent again. But to my displeasure, the option to transfer has been completely taken down from my account.
I don't understand how this is helping anyone at all. It's almost like you guys don't care for the livelihood of the American public, most of which are struggling making ends meet since most of them are currently unemployed. This is ridiculous. I ask for the immediate recovery of the transfer option because it is a necessity at this point.
Please, be on the side of the people you guys are "trying" to help.

Checking account

Bank of America closed our checking account because we are recieving unemployment from a different state even though we worked in the state for over a year and the business is now closed. Told them I could submit proof and evidence that I worked there and unemployment funds were legitimate and they won't do anything and still hold of funds claiming it was "unauthorized transaction" even though the funds match my name and my info. I am not sure what to do.

Risk closure

I called the [protected] number to risk closure for bank of America and I was told I had a closed saving...

Bank of America

ATM deposit

On may 14th I made a cash deposit of 2895 dollars in ATM icad7753 located outside tierrasanta branch in san diego 92124. The machine kept the deposit and printed a receipt stating "request could not be processed at this time". It has been 2 weeks. I have made numerous phone calls since then and have no response of ant kind nor has my account been credited.
Thank you.

Banking during covid19

For the past two weeks I have been calling [protected] and getting various associates on the phone. I have...

Killingly Banks

A 12 day hold placed on a 500.00 check. At a time when customers need all the help they can get.

My Bank of America branch in Arcadia, CA closed early. I had gone there to deposit a 500.00 check from my...

Fees

During this pandemic and a loss of work the bank of America's will not help consumers they slap in fees And don't care what is happening they should at least look where the customer is calling from to see how bad the area is
I am in the Tri state the hardest hit area
I am a customer for over 30 years
I believe the government said to help customers
If I do not receive help I will see who I can reach out to in the government
Please help
My email address is
[protected]@aol.com

Checking account

To make long story short. Bank of America has a few discriminator at resolving a claim. They don't issue my temporary credit while during processing my claim. In my claim# [protected], was reconsidered, but never credited $1, 102.95 to my bank account after escalated, because they didn't issue my temporary credit at first so then they denied my claim on April 29, 2020. My bank account# ending in 9199. Please have them return my claim to my bank account. Thank you.

Scam calls

I received a scam call today [protected] saying that I won 3.5 million from Publish Clearing House along with a Mercedes Benz. They gave me a number to call Bank of America at [protected] option 1 to confirm that the money was available. His name given as George Betimore Badge # 407 9902.

Edd debit card

It has been a nightmare from day one. First off it took 2 weeks to get a card and then after that I went in to try to withdraw money but couldn't because my ID was expired but the DMV is closed and I had a confirmation number from online but that wasn't enough for them so I can get money out buy the car that I needed so after that they have a $1, 000 limit per day for withdrawals and transactions so I went online to try to set up a transfer account and they blocked my card and the first call the customer service was two hours I finally hung up because I thought something was wrong and I've called back and they said that's normal. 2 hours of wait time together fraud protection line. Unbelievable. I would rather die than ever use this bank again

Checking account

Today I spoke with a supervisor from your company who basically told me there is nothing she can do for me and I should just go to a local financial center although I told her 3 times they are closed locally. She was very nasty and rude and had only been on the phone 5 minutes before she just decided she could not help me. She did not even try to help me in the least bit.in my opinion once she realized I was a black woman she just decided she could not help me. I believe she is racist. And had I been white she would've actually went through my account with me to help me. But she decided I was wrong and she was right. If this is the way your institution os being ran then not only will I leave your banking system but I will encourage all of my family and friends co-workers also to leave. I will make sure they understand that bank of america cares nothing for their customers and even have racist white women working for them that don't even think we deserve the time to have our dispute handled. I would've never thought I would go thru this with your bank but now that I see my money can just be taken and there is not a darn thing I can do about it I will leave for good.

Auto loan

I've been of Bank of America Customer since 1988. I purchased a new car and applied on line for a loan. I have good credit with a credit score of 822. I got an approval B4590957 on 3/24 and understood it was good for 30 days. I got a call and an email from Daniel Richards (Retail Loan Officer) who was very nice and told me to contact him if I needed any assistance.

I signed the documents with my dealer, Mission Viejo Volvo who submitted the documents the following day. I never heard anything else. Today my dealer contacted me and told me that the bank would not fund as they did not receive a clear copy of the contract and now weeks later it has expired and they will not honor it.

My dealer called Me this afternoon, he had contacted Mr. Richards whos voice mail said he was out indefinitely. I had not been contacted at all by the bank. I called the 800 number for auto loans and spoke with Antonio.
He confirmed that the bank did not receive a clear copy of the contract and now the application is expired. He acknowledge there had been no contact to either the dealership or me until today

I asked if they would please honor the contract as it was signed well withing the application period. He said no, it is not possible. I asked if I could speak with a supervisor and he said someone would call me with in 2-3 business days. I am very disappointed and now have taken my business elsewhere and I am considering closing all my accounts with BofA if this is the type of customer care and attitude especially given the difficult circumstances of today.

Treated wrongly

I was told online that I had to make an appointment with my bank (Bank of America) to have a paper notarized...

credit card

Bank of america has taken 50000$ of my money erroneously for over 3 weeks and now you are charging me late...

edd debit card

Wrong name on my debit card. I could not use the card because the names do not match. EDD used my middle...

PPP program

After 18 years in business relation with BOFA, you totally let me down with the PPP program. I do not have a C/C with my business account. (Do have one with personal account)
Your picking and choosing who qualified is outrageous. Will have to cut this relation and find a new bank.

Jacques Godel
CampMeds, Inc
[protected]

They refuse to return my mother's money to her

Beware of Bank Of America

They will steal your money. They have no "customer service" since they do not care about their clients.

My mother is 96 years old. My mother had $120, 000 invested with MBNA in CD's. They merged with Bank of America. I went to a local branch where they refused to provide me with any information, and told me I should "forget about it!" I tried calling the bank's main office, but could not speak with a live person. I called the branch back and requested a corporate number. The assistant manager refused me my request and said the manager would call me the following week. Of course I never heard from either one of them again.

My documents indicate these investments. My mother and I are entitled to all monies due us including of course any interest.

They are a pitiful excuse of a bank, and after reading my reviews, I hope that others will not have to suffer similar consequences.

Tony Raymond
973 Circle Drive
Baltimore, MD 21227
[protected]
[protected]@hotmail.com

They said they don't have my account in there.

I closed my account with Bank of America last week and got 21 cents back after closed it then i opened...

BOA lied to me

I am a older person who was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in 2013. I had so many medical bills even with insurance. Called BOA to see if they could modify my RATE. It took 1.5 years, over 100 phone calls and to make matters worse, they put me into foreclosure. I have NEVER been even one day late on my mortgage and was not at that time. It was a nightmare. Finally, they told me the rate had been modified and they were sending me the papers. I checked the rate and all looked good. Little did I know they had extended my term from 30 to 40 years! I have tried repeatedly to get a copy of those many phone calls as this was NEVER, EVER discussed in our conversations. Not even mentioned. They did confirm the new rate in my final phone call but no mention of changing the term. What a slick move on the part of BOA. I have been with them for 35 years and this is how they treat loyalty.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices