Menu

complaints

Bank of America Complaints Summary

457 Resolved
1103 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Bank of America with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Bank of America has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Bank of America. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Bank of America complaints 1560

Sort by:

Newest Bank of America complaints

11:16 am EST

Bank of America online banking

good day im shane sapat and im very disappointed in the servicers i was given im currently in south africa and i cant use my bank card or app due to me try to sending money through wire to my south african bank account i no longer have a usa number cause im in my home country now and no one can help me ive spent alot of money on calls to the bank which no one can help me with a simple task ive been struggling for 3days! please reach me on my email [protected]@gmail,com

Desired outcome: to be worked out immediately

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Bank of America representatives only. If you are affiliated with Bank of America, please claim your business to access these details.

2:08 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

on 2-17-24 on about 1730 est time I called in to report my credit card as lost or stolen #[protected].. the service I got was terrible. From a total of five calls being placed on hold for two hours,speaking to several employees and supervisors from several different states, to include fraud and online services. To spending a total of 4 hours and...

M
5:14 pm EST

Bank of America Credit card closure that I did not request

I applied and received a credit card through Bank of America in the town that I currently live (Albany, Ga.)

All Bank of America banks in Albany Georgia have CLOSED... the closest one is one and a half hours away.

For whatever reason... Bank of America CLOSED my account... reporting to the credit bureau, that it was closed at my request which was and is NOT TRUE... I NEVER made a request to have my account closed. Which DOES NOT make sense, as the card that I PRESENTLY have in my possession has a $0.00 balance and it DOES NOT EXPIRE until September 2024.

This is totally unfair and unacceptable... and when I tried calling to discuss the matter... I have NOT been able to speak with a human being.

Desired outcome: Re-open my account, remove the statement from my credit report with the credit bureau that I requested closure of the account (which is NOT TRUE), and replace the 38 points to my credit score that I lost as a result.

Hide full review

Is Bank of America legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Bank of America as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 29% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Bank of America stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Bank of America should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Bank of America earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Bank of America achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Bank of America. The company provides a physical address, 6 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Bank of America has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Bankofamerica.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Bank of America website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Bankofamerica.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Bank of America and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with Bank of America's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 29% of 11 complaints were resolved.
  • Bankofamerica.com to appear inactive or unused, such as technical issues or a temporary shutdown. In any case, if you are having trouble getting a response from the company or recovering your money, it may be wise to take further steps to protect yourself, such as seeking a chargeback from your bank or contacting a relevant consumer protection agency.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Bank of America. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
1:18 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am currently in the middle of the Caribbean. I thought I had money on a card that I did not. I needed to transfer money through ZELLE from BofA to my other card so I could pay for the services I received. I received an e-mail telling me that the payment did NOT go through. That was on DAY 1 of an 8-day cruise. I had a friend pay for me (extremely...

P
6:33 am EST

Bank of America Online banking

I have made 8 phone calls within 5 weeks. 7 calls had a minimum of 45 minutes until the phone was picked up. I have spent more than 10 hours in total without getting a solution on my problems with online banking. Representatives were friendly, but nobody knew how to help and supervisor was not available. Obviously poorly constructed website with errors and which does not show a user any useful options. A true nightmare. Incompetence at its best.

Claimed loss: What is the time

Desired outcome: A functional online banking

T
3:07 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On January 10, 2024 in the middle of the day I was working at my home office when I got a call from Bank of America. This individual said it was urgent and needed immediate attention. This person said there was a fraudulent charge out of Dallas Texas this is possible because I just flew from Chicago through Dallas and into Los Angeles where I live The Bank...

12:42 pm EST

Bank of America A charge to Hencin Inc.

I messaged Hencin Inc. regarding 2 charges to my credit card . I have not received the items and wanted them to check this out for me. In order for them to do that they needed me to pay a one-time fee (refundable) of $5.00. When they sent to Bank of America to collect payment it was denied. They were trying to charge me $55.00 instead. So I do not want to proceed any further with them. They misrepresented what they told me.

9:54 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My name is Deron Fisher and I own a business called 3Strikes Technology Consulting and have had a busines and personal checking account along with a personal credit card with Bank of America for about 17 years. For the first 15 years I did not have any issues and my account was relatively quiet. Around June of 2021 I went into the branch to verify my EDD...

9:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good morning I am writing to you after a full week of trying to get a real person to answer my phone calls I even googled how to get a real person to answer at Bank of America. I want to speak specifically about the branch and male branch manager at Rock Rd. and Harry st. in Wichita ,KS . I opened a checking account that was designed to never allow you to...

O
2:45 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bank of America Poor customer service and condescension.

The Bank manager by the name JOSH ZARLING at this location:3260 preston road plano ,tx 75093 was very unprofessional towards me this morning , at exactly 10:12 am when I visited the bank for a banking transaction.

His attitude was belittling , he spoke to ME in a condescending manner .

I noticed that , when others customers came in his attitude was different with other customers , in that he was more patient and attentive to their needs,and very professional as well.

He used condescending languages many times during my encounter with him at the bank lobby today .

He criticized my ability to use bank app in making international transfers.

" Have you try using your phone , criticizing my skills and intelligent, ignoring how I felt , and disregarding my exlanations about why I visited the bank .

He downplayed the purpose of my visit and my feelings at the same time .

Desired outcome: To be more professional and tolerant .

L
5:08 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bank of America I am complaining about a credit card account .

I found out .that I

was suppose to have a credit card acc # [protected].that was written off in 2021. I never received a bill or statement from your bank. I did not have account with your bank and I was charged taxes on this account. I notified the IRS that this is not my account. I would like to find where the statements for this account were mailed too.

Claimed loss: IF I do not get this resolved I will have to pay 3,506.00 in taxes . I do not owe. Ifeel that with recent events with Bank of America . that this should be corrected.

Desired outcome: I want the statements and the person address. i never received a card or statement from Bank of America.

B
11:05 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I filed a complaint about someone that I did not authorize tried to debit my account I even furnished proof that this company I had done business with in the past debited my account for money I had already paid back the funds were put in my account when I borrowed but anyone with an education enough to read could have viewed my account to see that the money...

View 0 more photos
R
1:26 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

On November 17 at 14:07, I attempted to deposit 68 $100 bills into an ATM (ICAD4141) located at the Irvine Industrial Complex; the funds were to be deposited to my account ending in 2658 using my ATM card ending in 9587. The ATM had a distinct sign acknowleding that the machine could accept up to 75 currency bills. The machine took several minutes to digest...

View 0 more photos
10:34 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

BOA decides to consider the check I've written to my homeowners association to be fraud. They made ONE attempt to call me, not text, nor an alert, nor an email. They returned the check, putting money back in my account. PETIOD THAT SHOULD BE END OF STORY. 4 (4 days later they decided to put the check back through AFTER speaking to the checking account...

8:17 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

His name is Alex, (290 S State College Blvd, Brea, CA 92821) and he told us to get the hell out of here and never come here again, and even pretended to push us. We made a reservation at 9 in the morning. Regarding inheritance in Korea, if you are a US citizen, you can pay inheritance tax for 2 more months, so we went to notarize it. went. However, while...

7:19 pm EDT

Bank of America Auto loan

I recently applied for the auto loan. They kept workaround for a week; this causes my order was canceled. In order to keep my order, I had to sign finance with my dealer. After that, I called them to cancel the car loan; they said the cancel was requested. After 2 weeks, I still saw my car loan. I called them again. They said they had not received any check from the dealer. I called my dealer and they said they had not received any check from Bank of America and asked me to request the check tracking number or any proof that they sent the check. I called bank again and they could have not provided any tracking number or proof they had sent the check and required me to pay the interest until the loan is canceled. They just kept ask me to call this department and others but no solution was provided. I write this review hopefully help some one to avoid or be careful when deciding to apply the loan with Bank of America. Please be careful!

Desired outcome: Please help to guild to reach the right agent to handle the issue. Please provide the proof that you sent the loan check to the dealer

T
12:20 pm EDT

Bank of America Checking account

Bank of america closed my checking account without notifying me. The reason i was given was because my ex wife name is on the account and she has to appear in person to take her name off the account. I informed BOA that my ex wife lives in Germany and has remmaried and changed her name.

BOA sent me two checks total over 17,000 usd which is what was in my account when they closed it. I've been fighting this for 8 months and been toal thats the only course of action.

Desired outcome: I would like to have all my moeny returned to a BOA account.

L
3:48 pm EDT

Bank of America Business online banking experience

I have been on the phone for an hour and not gotten the answers I need. The online banking experience with Bank of America is the worst I've ever experienced. Payment page does not reference card accounts, nor does it give you statement balance or minimum payment information to make the payment experience easier. Difficult. Frustrating and I'm ready to throw something!

Desired outcome: Fix the damn interface so it doesn't suck. Look at USAA Banking or pretty much any other banking online payment service and it is better than this one.

1:22 pm EDT

Bank of America Several

I was recently defrauded $1,000 by your customer service agent(10/03/2023) and your slow moving no status updating fraud department has offered no additional help or communications. My next step is law enforcement and judicial means.I recently filed with Consumer Affairs. Secondly I have a SDI Account and the money is deposited like clockwork every 14 days and like clockwork on the 15th day whenever I attempt to access it, a hold has been placed and I have to speak to a customer service agent which is exactly how I ended up getting a $1,000 stolen, dealing with one of your unscrupulous employees in the first place. Thirdly I'm given a myriad of validation questions by at least 3 different extremely slow speaking agents all of which placing me on hold throughout with no sense of urgency or concern. It is dereliction on the part of the state of California for choosing this institution.

Desired outcome: Refund of my $1,000 and a different banking institution handle receiving my disability payments

Read full review of Bank of America and 1 comment
Update by Coro93
Oct 13, 2023 8:30 pm EDT

To follow up with my previous complaint, today 10-13-2024 I had to go inside the branch to be verified after my card again was placed on hold. While in the Carson Branch, the banker had to call the same customer service number to authenticate me, where I was placed on extended holds twice by two additional service reps to have this CONSTANT issue resolved, again

1 comment
Coro Fasho
, US
Oct 18, 2023 8:11 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Today 10-18-2023 I was refunded the $1,000 that was stolen. I haven't received any updates or apology but am glad its been rectified and consider this matter closed unless asked to press charges against the thief the answer is YES!

11:55 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've been doing my unemployment claims with no card sent to me since 07/2020-05/2022 I was finally able to log into BOA (Bank Of America) website and noticed someone hacked been using my card and used 34,000.00 I've reported it to Bank Of America & when I called in to submit the dispute the guy that helped me made a joke saying "They got you good ! & If you...

Read full review of Bank of America
How to file a complaint about Bank of America?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Bank of America. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Overdraft Fees" or "Difficulty with Mortgage Loan Modification".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience. Include key areas such as customer service interactions, problems with account management, loan servicing, fees or charges that were unexpected, issues with online banking, or any other specific incidents related to Bank of America. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including dates, locations, and any relevant transaction details. If you attempted to resolve the issue, outline the steps you took and the responses received from Bank of America. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, such as financial loss or stress.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as correspondence, statements, or receipts. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information like your social security number or full account numbers.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Bank of America, whether it be a refund, apology, or corrective action.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is true to your knowledge and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click on the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: Keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates regarding your complaint. Be prepared to engage in further communication if necessary to resolve your issue with Bank of America.

Overview of Bank of America customer experience

Bank of America has received numerous consumer complaints regarding their services. Customers have reported issues with account fees, poor customer service, and difficulty resolving issues. Many have also expressed frustration with the bank's online and mobile banking platforms, citing technical glitches and difficulty navigating the systems. Additionally, some customers have reported unauthorized charges and fraudulent activity on their accounts. Overall, Bank of America has a poor reputation among consumers for their lack of transparency and customer support.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Bank of America contacts