Having problems with Bank of America?

Bank of America Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 432 1000 (English)
+1 800 688 6086 (Spanish)
+1 315 724 4022 (International)
+1 757 677 4701 (Credit Card Issues)
100 N Tryon St.
Thu8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Bank of America Customer Service. Initial Bank of America complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Bank of America above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Bank of America. Discuss the issues you have had with Bank of America and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Bank of America Complaints & Reviews

Mar 03, 2021

Bank of America — Risk management

After bank of america flagged my account, stating I had to many accounts. I explained to the rep I'm a...

Bank of AmericaCannot access my own account online

BoA website never fully accommodated customers who live outside of US, meaning customer profile page does not accommodate non-US address and phone number. Not only that, every time I move, I actually have to send a snail mail or do a change of address when I travel to US, which of course I can not do right now.

Now BoA implemented 2FA using mobile phone without accommodating international mobile number to my amazement, so naturally I don't get the code because a code is sent to my phone number without country code.
I called the customer service, waited for over 30 min and then a customer rep gave me a one time code, and instructed me to place a check mark on website to remember the device. I told her that that only works for a few weeks at best but she insisted that that was the way.

Then I opened customer profile page, and found that there is a check box that notes the phone number registered is not a mobile number. I thought that would do it, but then I kept getting an error saying that it was not able to save the information.

Sure enough, after only a few weeks, I was not able to access my account yet again. In frustration, I found "client case executive response team" page. I contacted them now twice but every time I get identical template reply (from a different name), saying that I either need to call them or they call me. Of course, I opted to have them call me, but then they never do, and never received any email either.

Really, I don't need to have a phone conversation. I just need to have the 2FA disabled for my account. All I need is to get back the access to my own account.

Bank of Americamoney being pay out

Hello my name Jackilynn Barnetta Coles and when the accounts got shut down by the millions for the G.A.M.B. It's fixes than frozen and it's still mess up i ma need for bank of America to fix it righty this has been going on for some time now. Every time i call i get its being fix nothing yet my 1099 G is not correct at all I just wish someone can fix my account so i can get back to CA to look for my son that has been missing for a while now. thank you card # [protected]

Bank of AmericaThousands of dollars lost

I Am Going Go The Media!! My husband and I are at our wits end, and we're getting no help at all from Bank of America customer service. We initiated a wire transfer to Costa Rica on February 8, 2021. We were told the funds would be available February 11, 2021. Today is the 24th and the funds have not been received. Last Thursday, February 18th we initiated a trace on the whereabouts of our funds. We were told it would take 2 business days, so we were expecting some kind of answer by Monday, February 22. As stated, today is the 24th and Bank of America has no information on our $17, 500.00, which is totally UNacceptable!! We have been loyal, respectable customers for over 40 years, and now we are getting no assistance from customer service at all. We are in another country and have no access to our funds. Please Help!! Our money is gone and Bank of America WILL NOT help us!! I am prepared to take this to the media

Bank of AmericaIrregular Activities

on December 13, 2020 I tried to withdraw some funds from my account and was unsuccessful with obtaining customer service. I called Bank of America the very next day. After changing my pen#, I was told by a representative for Bank of America that I should be able to use my card now. UNSUCCESSFUL !!! Today is the 21st of February 2021, and my account went from FREEZE to CLOSED. what I would like to know is why did Bank of America take 6 weeks and 5 days to mail me a letter of said ''IRREGULAR, UNAUTHORIZED, or UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES INVOLVED WITH MY PREPAID DEBIT CARD. '' Since that day I have logged/documented/notated every single call to Bank of America and DETR/EDD. And since that very day my calls to the conglomerate companies of Bank of America and EDD have been not so rewarding with the real who, what, where and whys my account is still closed and not one representative can possibly inform me of the real reason why my account is still frozen. I've been pushed away from Bank of America every time I call for help or reason. On February 8th of 2021 I spoke with a (BofA) representative by the name of Michael who said my credit card was submitted for clearance on 2/8/2021 and should take 7-10 business days. On February 17, 2021 my call was transferred from Stacy to Malory who said she will personally send an ESCALATION EMAIL to her superiors. On 2/19/2021 I spoke with a young gal by the name of Daisy who was so very rude to me that I could not believe the unprofessionalism that Bank of America has working for what I thought was a stand up company from my past experiences. I asked to speak to a LEAD and Daisy said no to me and rudely hung up on me. I called back only to make a verbal complaint and was again transferred to Malory. Bank of America has yet to disclose the IRREGULAR, UNAUTHORIZED AND UNLAWFULL activities on my account. Why did it also take Bank of America 35 business days to notify me of my make belief fraudulent account.

Bank Of America MortgageReissuance of checks that expired

My father made his mortgage payments every month on the 14th via Western Union. Bank of America returned monthly payments because that amount was not enough(due to adjustable). They waited 3 years and then filed for foreclosure. i filed bankruptcy to save the home with the intention of paying the bankruptcy off once BofA made good on the check. The checks were too old to cash and they said that they would reissue. They failed to reissue the checks and still have our money.

$1604.00 per month for 3 years

I am requesting refund of all checks not already refunded, interest, refund of bankruptcy fees. Will also be requesting attorney fees if I have to obtain attorney.

Reissuance of checks that expired

Bank of AmericaCredit card services

Late billing — took them over a month to get my bill to me. — they blamed the post office — but my other cards did not have this problem
            After I paid by check, mailed 11 days before billing due date, they charged me late fee.
            Even after I paid electronically the entire amount they charged me interest.
            I paid the next billing ahead of schedule by check.
            Nearly two months later they received original check payment and tried to cash it — I had put a stop payment on the check because they had already been paid in full.
            They charged me a fee for returned check fee.
            Three days later I received a threatening dun letter by mail. — funny how the post office got me this dun in record time!!
            Made me jump through multiple hoops to get the fees reversed — it was like they didn't know who I was — after nearly thirty years of having their card in my wallet.

Feb 17, 2021

Bank of America — It is unfair!! Closed a checking account for fraud activity without warning and notification/notice.

I am going to report the fraud of Clarissa D. Covington. Doesn't make sense to me at all. I just joined BOA...

Feb 16, 2021

Bank of America — Checking account

My mother had a Bank of America checking account in which I was the only pay on death beneficiary. My mother...

Bank of AmericaCustomer service

What is happening to Bank of America! I've been a customer for many years and never experienced the lack of care for customers as I've been experiencing lately. I will call the main 800 number and they never answer. You just get routed to different options and you can never get a person to help you. When you call the branch, it's the same thing. They keep you on hold and no one ever answers. One time, when I called the main 800 number, after being routed all over the place and holding to speak to someone for 40 min, someone finally answers, still couldn't help me so she transfers me to someone else and I could here a man's voice sounding upset saying "what is it that she wants?" As if I was ruining his day.

Bank of AmericaDenied my claim of unauthorized purchases

Someone has stolen my card info. I have united airline, Qtrip, and other airline charges I never made. I notified my bank while charges were still in progress and I still lost my money. The denied my dispute. I have lost over 1200. Bucks. I called again and told them to investigate again. They again denied to pay. I need my money back. I trusted this bank and now I'm freaking out about how safe my money is.

• Updated by LORENZO Fuglee · Feb 12, 2021

I won't stop until I get my money back!

Comments

Bank of AmericaMoney transferred to another account by someone else

I been receiving edd for the last 4 and half months some one hacked in to my account and transfer my money to another account and I called the bank and filed a claim and it is over $2000 and they only credit my account $982.00. The person that did it changed all my security questions and password. They even sent the person an email saying that I changed my email address

Bank of AmericaUnauthorized account opened in my name

I keep receiving statements in the mail of this account I never opened. BOA will not close the account with asking all my personal information including a PIN number to allow them to access my account, which I never opened.
                    I want this account closed, deleted, removed along with my name. BOA is adding Service Fees each month. Attached JPG. I have contacted BOA about this and nothing has been solved. BOA wants SSN, Birthday, Address and all I want is to remove this fraud account.

Unauthorized account opened in my name

Feb 08, 2021

Bank of America — Fraudulent transactions billed to my debit card

I was a victim of fraudulent transactions mounting $451 on my company debit card. I filed a complaint with...

Bank of AmericaLate charge

I did not received my statement with payment due 1/9/21.. I called the number on the reverse of the credit card([protected]) on 1/7 and 1/8 to request a statement. I never received a call back. I a friend go to the internet to get a phone number for BOA credit card info [protected]. I called this number, spoke to an individual named Paul (somewhere in CA). I explain what needed and what I tried to do to get this resolved. Paul stated he would get a duplicate statement and there would be no LATE CHARGE. As one would expect the current statement arrived and to no surprise there is a LATE CHARGE in the amount of $28.00. Ian fed-up with businesses saying one thing, to get rid of the individual they are talking with. I would appreciate the cancellation of the late charge as was originally stated. Thank you!!

Bank of AmericaEdd debit card frozen!!!

I have two fraudulent ATM withdrawals on my account. Both for $1, 000 each. I called the number on the back of the card to file a claim. The claim was filed and I was given a claim number. The card was canceled and a new card was sent out. I logged on to my account the next day and I was locked out. I am locked out of my account and can not access any of my funds that I need ASAP!! This is my only income. I have no access to my income at all. I called EDD they stated my account is fine and they DID NOT suspend my account on their end. I hear different reasons from every BofA agent. No help what so ever!!! I need my money!!! This was done by BofA with no notice!! This is my money!!

Bank of AmericaMy edd account frozen

On January 26th I called Bank of America to report charges that I didn't recognize. When I looked in my email I later discovered I had made a mistake and called right away to let them know I made a mistake they froze my account. I have called three days in a row and they won't let me talk to a manager or claim department they just hang up on me. I have called over 50 times and they continue to hang up and try to say that it's edd. When I called edd and talked to a supervisor they said there is nothing wrong with my account and this is Bank of America's doing.

Chris2001 Feb 01, 2021

This is happening to me too!!! I filed a claim for fraudulent transactions and now I’m locked out of my own account!!! Not only am I missing the money taken which they should be protecting! Now I can’t access my own funds!!!

Bank of AmericaChecking account

On 1/7/21, I used their Bill Pay service to issue a payment to Waste Management for $48.81, The next morning, I was horrified to see that they had processed it for $4881.00. I have called their checking support line 5 or six times in the 17 days since, each time being assured that it was being resolved, and it still is NOT! There are a bunch of NSF charges that they do seem to be able to fix, but I still have a negative balance - and an upcoming mortgage payment; I'm waiting until they do resolve it (assuming they will) before adding up the late fees I will expect them to compensate me for. I've had a checking account with them since 1982, but not much longer!

• Te
                                Teresa Scudder Feb 15, 2021

I had this happen to me in December. Took over a month to fix it.

Bank of AmericaBroke there own protocol by not giving me notice of freezing my account

On January 18th 2021 I receive benefits on my EDD card shortly after I misplaced the card calling Bank of America to have a new one sent I was sent to the fraud claims department where they subsequently instantly froze my account without notice without warning or any type of information that they were doing so
                              They broke their own protocol by not informing me that they were going to hold my account not give me access to my money and I have a small child that I have to feed and I no longer have a job so I'm solely depending on to that money from that car to feed my family and they're not allowing me to do soh

Broke there own protocol by not giving me notice of freezing my account

Chris2001 Feb 01, 2021

Have you heard anything back?? This is happening to me too right now!!

• St
                                  Stephanie Marie Gilbertie Jan 30, 2021

They are doing the same to me and refuse to let me talk to a Supervisor then they blame EDD I needed he has nothing to do with it

Jan 21, 2021

Bank of America — Edd debit prepaid cards / misrepresentation of policy & procedures / thief by hacked atm card / unprofessional behavior

* On 01/06 697.00 was stolen from my account by means of ATM located Out of State. * On 01/06 I filed a claim...