Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Payment address switched!

We received a letter from GE Bank stating that our payment had been sent to the wrong address. We used their pre-printed return coupon. In addition, we were never notified that our payment address had been changed. GE Bank should reverse any late charges and remove any negative reports they sent regarding our credit.

• Re
    Rebekah Vincent Jun 22, 2008

I signed up for on-line statements, because the statements I received in the mail came so late each month and did not leave me enough time to mail my payments. GEMoney does not send me the on-line statements. I have to watch my account very carefully. Also, when they do send a statement, the website address link does not work.

• La
    Laurie Oct 28, 2008

Not sending statements is a violation of the Fair Credit Billing Act, and should be reported to the Federal Trade Commission and the Office of Thrift Supervision. Consistently late arrivals also have to be reported. Of course they blame the USPS for late delivery and that is a reason of occassional lateness, not consistent. That means they are not mailing them out early enough - probably on purpose.

My Guess is they changed the address the payment was sent to in order to pad your bills with late fees and interest. That is why they used the old address on the statement coupon.
    This must also be reported - they should not be charging late fees for their errors.

No bill or call, straight to collection!

GE Money Bank aka Aquavantage and INDIA collection Company ENCORE. Opened account for Spa. 6 months 0 interest. Received confirmation of account being opened. 6 Months later we start receiving constant harassing phone calls from Encore collections. Never received a bill from GE, never received a pre collection notice, never received a phone call from GE or Aquavantage either, even though they obviously KNOW our address and phone number. Encore out of INDIA calls every 30 min 7 days a week!

Now GE wants to make a deal for payment in full to drop late fees etc... but from what we see they cant be trusted so how do we pay this off??? Anyone suing GE Money Bank or suggestions on how to ENSURE a payment would be applied correctly? What do we do when they destroy our credit unjustly?

• Ka
    Kathleen Bailey May 06, 2008

I had problems with my bank last year. Same crap, no response, rude people, I even contacted the Federal reserve bank (They're a joke). So I decided to handle the matter myself. I took them with NO attorney to small claims court and WON! If you know the situation and you have your documentation (MUST have documentation) then GO FOR IT!

Bank ended up paying me what they owed plus the attorney THEY hired, plus court costs and THEIR attorney hired a court reporter they had to pay for. When my name was announced in court and then the bank's, people turned around and looked me like I was crazy and I am, like a fox.

So I suggest you go to small claims and in the meantime let them know harrassment is against the law. If possible change your phone number or screen your calls. Good Luck!

INCURRED INTEREST

I was offered GE CARE CREDIT for a ton of denistry i needed including Caps for many teeth. I started the work...

mishandled- account, customer service, wrongful finance charges

I am in the same situation as many of the people that have complained.
I purchased a Select Comfort bed along with some accessories in July 2006 which was financed through GE Money Bank. The bed was supposed to be delivered within two weeks and the rest of the merchandise was taken from the store the same day. Following a week after the purchase, I was notified by my unit that I was going to deploy in the beginning of August 2006 so I called Select Comfort and cancelled the bed delivery along with my account and asked how to return the merchandise I already had. Select Comfort sent me free shipment labels and informed me that they accredited back the Bed purchase and no delivery fees where posted to my GE Money account and once they received the rest of the merchandise, my GE Money account balance would be zero. Select Comfort received the remaining merchandise during the month of August 2006. I deployed on the same month and returned on October 2007. I started receiving calls from GE Money bank telling me I owe them $500.00 dollars. When I informed them that my account had been cancelled in August 2006 and that all merchandise purchased from Select Comfort had been returned on that same month, they told me I actually only owed $300.00 but they couldn't exactly tell me why I was being charged that amount. I disputed the charges and refused to pay until they made an investigation. I also called Select Comfort to verify that they had received the returned merchandise. Select Comfort was able to confirm receiving their merchandise and assured me that I had no outstanding balance with them. When I told them that GE Money bank was trying to charge me $300.00, Select Comfort sent them the information. Since I do not owe GE Money Bank anything, I have refused to pay them. The late fees have been adding on and on as time passes by. Now Encore has been involved and I am being harassed on a daily basis from 6 in the morning to midnight. I don't know what else to do...

In addition, GE Money Bank's customer service is the worst. Their employees do not speak english. I can never understand them. They do not care and are never helpful and extremely incompetent. When asked a question they always transfer you to another person who does not speak english as well and your problem never gets resolved. It's a never ending cycle and in the meantime, late charges keep getting added on to your account every month. I have asked to get a mailed bill to see what they are charging me for since November of 2007. It is now April 2008 and my issue has not been resolved and no bill has been sent to me justifying their charges.

• Ka
    Kathy Apr 09, 2008

WOW! Wish I had known all this prior to taking out a Care Credit account.

I called to ask about a finance charge on my account, was suppose to be no interest for a year. I was first told I should learn to read my statements and it was the providers fault. I wasn't given a chance to get a word in edge wise. I was then told by the rep she didn't even have help me, she was there only for information.
    I then got a supervisor and she was as rude as the first girl. The supervisor also told me she didn't have to talk to me or help. I was told to pay the finance charge or call the provider. When I told her I was going to close my account she said "that GE/Care Credit didn't care one way or the other" . Actually, they both told me that.

The 2nd supervisor was nicer and listened. However, I didn't get any further. I was given the El Paso address to send my complaint.

Never again... I am notifying my providers of the problems, maybe they'll stop using them. I'm also paying my account in full.

Resolved Unauthorized billing!

I am very frustrated with this company. Five years ago I bought a $1000 t.v. on store credit, paid it off, no...

Unfair fees!

I applied for a GE Money credit card to purchase brand new tires for my suv. The promotion stated that I...

Unfair finance charges!

I have yet another similar story with regard to GE Money Bank. I purchased exercise equipment on a 12 months same as cash account through GE Money Bank. Payment in full date was Dec. 5, 2007. I sent them a check on November 19, 2007 which was cashed and cleared my bank on November 26, 2007. Since then I have been the victim of several nasty phone calls from their credit department asking me to make a payment. I have explained to each person that has called (from various countries) the situation and they apparently do not understand a word of English. I have called GE Money Bank myself, faxed and sent via mail copies of the canceled check and still I have continued to be charged and nothing was posted to my account.

After 3 months of this run around, I contacted the Better Business Bureau, which I encourage everyone to do likewise at http://welcome.bbb.org/ and send them a copy of the complaint you have registered here. Within 10 days of contacting them, I received a note from GE Money Bank saying they now located my check and have posted it to my account and "in the interest of customer service removed the late fees that were charge for the period of time AFTER the due date"! They did NOT remove the finance charges that should never have been charged in the first place, because the bill was Paid In Full PRIOR to the due date! They also asked for my complaint to be removed from the BBB records and said this was an isolated incident! They apparently lie in addition to cheat hard working people out of their money.

I would like to know what genius works for GE Money Bank that considered themselves generous in removing a charge that should never have been charged in the first place and then went on to neglected to remove the finance charges on the original amount that was paid in FULL as per the agreement which states, and I quote: "You will incur no Finance Charges on a deferred interest promotional purchase, provided the promotional purchase amount is pain in full by the indicated promotional expiration date and you pay by the payment due date"!!

It is apparent to me that several people have been robbed by this company. I agree, a class action suit would be appropriate, when I add up the hours I have spent trying to resolve this problem, the least they can do is compensate me and all of you for our time, since they seem happy to charge US for theirs!

• St
    Stephany A DiPinto Aug 30, 2007

Just like all the rest. I ALWAYS pay on time and now I got 2 late fees of 35.00 and all of a sudden my prom. period was up. I had no idea, I swear it's wrong, but they say it's right. For a 3,000.00 loan they want 535.00. It was due 6 days ago. 1,200.00 was pd off. How rude they were on the phone, unreal.

Everyone with a complaint must write to the BBB, maybe it will help in the long run, but until then what do we do? Plz advise smb!

• Rh
    rhonda wiltsi Feb 26, 2008

I AGREE THE COMPANY HAS ADDED ON UP TO DOUBLE THE AMOUNT THAT I OWE THEM. THEY WILL NOTHELP YOU AT ALL .THEY JUST ADD ON FEES THAT ARE NOT FOUNDED .

• Ke
    Keith B. Apr 01, 2008

I have recently paid off my 6 months 0 interest, 0 payment on 3/25/2008. Final payment is not due till 4/04/08.

Now they send me a bill 3/31/08 stating that I owe them $23.36 in interest.

This bank needs to be shut down. THEIVES

• Ou
    Ouisa Talbot Jun 14, 2008

This bank says that I owe 2228.80 in charges of which there are promotion charges of 1664.00, that have to be paid by November or I will owe all of the back interest, which continues to grow each month. Remind me to never deal with them again!

• La
    Laurie Oct 27, 2008

File formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision

These are Violations of the Fair Credit Billing Act and they are illegal.

Let these offices know so they can start full scale investigations into the GEMB's illegal lending practices.

• Pa
    pam leake Jan 28, 2009

I was just charged 300 in interest. they had the wrong aDDRESS AND I CALLED ONE DAY AFTER THE PROMOTION ENDED. i TALKED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO WAIVE THE FEE EVEN THOUGH THEY SENT IT TO THE WRON G ADDRESS.

FRAUD !!!!

GE MONEY BANK IS A JOKE!!!!! I WAS IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING AND DECIDED TO PURCHASE A NEW BEDROOM SET AND MATTRESS FROM SLEEPYS. I WAS OFFERED A ZERO INTEREST CARD FROM GE MONEY AND THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT IDEA BECAUSE I COULD PAY OFF THE TOTAL AMOUNT IN ONE YEAR AND NOT HAVE TO PAY INTEREST ON THE PURCHASE. WHEN I MADE THE PURCHASE I GAVE MY NEW ADDRESS WHERE ALL OF THE ITEMS WERE DELIVERED. A FEW MONTHS AFTER THE PURCHASE I REALIZED I NEVER RECEIVED A BILL FROM GE MONEY, SO I CALLED AND I WAS TOLD THAT THE MONTHLY STATEMENT WAS MAILED OUT AND I WAS NOT PAYING SO THE INTEREST RATE WAS NOW 28.9%. AFTER FIGHTING WITH SOMEONE THAT BARELY SPOKE ENGLISH AND GETTING A MANAGER ON THE PHONE THEY AGREED THEY WOULD SEND ANOTHER BILL (WHICH IN FACT THEY NEVER DID) AND WOULD TAKE OFF THE INTEREST ONE LAST TIME AND GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT THE SAME THING WOULD HAPPEN AGAIN!! I DECIDED TO OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT ONLINE AND PAY MONTHLY. IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE WASTED HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH THIS COMPANY AND HAVE RECEIVED 3 BILLS WHEN IN FACT I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED 12 BY NOW. I PAID OFF THE TOTAL AMOUNT AND NEVER WANT TO DEAL WITH GE MONEY AGAIN. THEY ARE LIARS AND LOOK TO MAKE MONEY OFF PEOPLE THAT WILL TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A MISTAKE ON THEIR BEHALF. BE CAREFUL!

• Ly
    Lyn Oct 15, 2008

I am having these same issues with this company saying that they haven't received my payments. Also, in addition to wasting time on the phone with no resolution.. as soon as I get the opportunity to get this crappy card away I will.

• Ds
    D. Sullivan Oct 15, 2008

I too used this bank for an "interest free" offer. They sent the invoice/statement to the wrong address. I ended up getting charged late fees which they took off after several calls disputing. I have sent the payment in full to avoid them at all costs!

• Ro
    rotorjockey Nov 01, 2009

I have had similar problems where GEMB has opened accounts I did not authorize and they are now charge offs after years of disputing. I requested proof, such as a signed credit contract and they denied me on that request. I am now contacting the Attorney Generals office for the state the credit app was submitted in and I am also looking into a class action law suit as well as pressing charges of Identitiy theft and credit fraud against their CEO. I would love to shut this company down. Please comment if you would be interested in joining a class action lawsuit.

• Va
    VASC Jan 20, 2010

@rotorjockey

On 09.19.09 I purchased a wonderful mattress from Sleepy's and two weeks later, set up an automatic payment plan over the phone with a man who could hardly speak English.
    After being hung up on 3 times, he collected my credit card information and assured me that the amount would be deducted monthly.
    Now.
    On 1.02.10 I received a statement that claimed that I owed them money by 1.04.10 and that I had never paid.
    I'm a busy person and don't have time for this.
    I attempted to contact them to set it up over and over again to no avail.
    Today, 1.20.10, I received another bill stating that I had never paid and owe them money in late fees.
    How am I, a hard working and well off individual, supposed to pay when I am given no opportunity to do so?
    My assistant contacted them and she was met with an argumentative representative who only after 5 demands of her location, admitted she was in India.
    Why is my money handler located in India I ask?
    After demanding to speak to the representative's manager several times she was hung up on.
    She called GEMB back and was on hold for 25 minutes only to be disconnected again.
    I then, personally, contacted Sleepy's and was met with understanding, and spoke with a representative named Mary who was only slightly shocked - as she had THE EXACT SAME THING happen to her with GEMB through a purchase she made at PC Richards about a year ago.
    Currently, I am awaiting a manager from Sleepy's to call me back, but we'll see if that happens - they know who they're in bed with.
    I'm fully on board for a class action law suit to shut this company down.
    Why it's legal to outsource the handling of American finances in India I will never understand.
    How can we have any rights as American customers if we are being fingered by a company based in India?

• Ha
    HappyCamperUsually Apr 23, 2011

We bought new leather furniture with the 0% interest promotion and used Citi. GEMB took over Citi's accounts in Feb 2011 and since then it has been a disaster. I pay my bill every month and was going to pay the balance the last month, and COINCIDENTALLY did not recieve the statement for the last month when the interest started to accrue. After tons of phone calls and time wasting disputes we finally got the interest charges dropped, but not without a huge headache. What a scam. This company is just plain crooked,

• Ca
    CarolLaV May 09, 2011

GE Money is a scam in all areas. I paid a bill online then they started sending my bill instead of in the mail to my hotmail. It went to my junk folder. They said I signed up for it and I have been charged all the additional fees 9 months now. This crap with credit cards and banks needs to stop. They are finding innovative ways to rip people off. It is tough in this economy!

• Sc
    scotshum Aug 23, 2011

I have suffered the same issues of GE not posting payments. I paid the balance off a month prior to the "No Interest" deadline and they conveniently did not post the payment. Now I am fighting with them over the Huge interest charge they are trying to get me to pay. I will be filing a formal law suit with them and hopefully a smart attorney will see the huge money to be made by a class action against these crooks. It appears they have a set operational procedures in place to violate the payment posting laws in order to make interest on non interest loans. Incredible scam...

GAP/GE MONEY BANK

I had gotten on a papyment plan with the GAP. At that time i was told my account would be handled by GE Money Bank. The funnything was I still recieved GAP statements, but GAP could not process my payments. One time a collection person called for payment. I sugested we set aup a future payment, he ignored my request. Finally GE money bank aparently sold my account to yet another dept who never notifed me of the swith and the possiblity of sending my accounto to WEST ASSETS who turned it over to Hollander LAW firm. If this isn't the best example f passing the buck.... Also they are passing my personal info around with no regard to my privacy. Never sent a warning letter, never told me my account was "sold" I found out by calling myseldf to get my payment plan plan back on track which I have in writing was effetive to 2/08. I am happy to see I am not alone, but as the rep on the phone told me They make mistakes!! When will they be held accountable??? I will not shop at GAP EVER AGAIN!

• Aa
    Aare Kuusk Apr 02, 2009

We have had similar experiences. We purchased goods from the Gap Kids and received a bill some months later for $219. owing on a $35.00 purchase. The difference was in accumulated interest charges. Funny thing is, we never signed up for a Gap credit card or account as we do not live in the US and do not receive mail here. The address they had was partially in the US and partially in Canada. To the best of our recollection, we paid the $35. in cash or our own credit card.

We will never buy Gap again. They should seriously overhaul their credit operations. In this economy, their days are numbered.

Terrible customer service!

Called numerous times to get reversal on product ordered and never received This credit card customer service sends your call to India yes India the country for help with a problem in america go figure... could it be the low wages over there nonetheless you get put on hold for hours yes hours to talk to a supervisor the person that answers first cant do anything for you and really the supervisor you get if your patient enough doesn't do anything either for your problem. I give up on paypal plus and my finances being taken care of in india and going straight to Master Card here within our own shores... wish me luck then the first thing I'm doing is trying to talk these people in India into canceling this bad idea of a credit card...

• St
    stewart finck May 27, 2008

If you will check my account you will see that I won an auction for a brand new Cisco computer product for $369.00 and when the product arrived the product simply was not new. I asked the seller to pick up the item and I promised the seller that I would not give him a negative rating if he picked up the item. He refused to pick up the item so I was forced to give him a negative rating and I put the charge for the item on my Paypal account in dispute.

Having had experience with other reputable credit card companies I expected your company would force the seller to pick up the item or face a back charge. Instead I was forced to send it back to the seller or I would have been stuck paying for a product I did not order. This policy really shows that you hate your customers and therefore I do not want to have anything to do with your outfit. Note in the future I will be closing this account and using other credit cards to pay for my purchases on EBay. I remain

LOC account, access denied!

I opened a GE Line of Credit account in eary 2006. I wrote 1 check and paid it off entirely in November of 2007. Last week I went to their website to order additional checks to access the account and was told that my request was denied and that I would receive a letter in 7-10 days explaining the reason. The letter came yesterday (2/24/2008) and they referenced some perceived issues with my credit report. I can see doing this for a new account but not one that has been open for several years with no missed payments or other issues. I will never do business with this company again.

• Ri
    Richard Reich May 16, 2008

We purchased a TV through Howards in Long Beach California with a year interest free through GE Money Bank. P.O Box 981127 El Paso Tx 79998-1127. We received our bill and sent our cheque to ensure it was pain on time. When we received our next bill sure enough no payment was shown. When we called them up they offered a $50.00 credit but charged $250.00 late fees. This is certainly a scam. I would never buy anything linked to this company again.

• Pa
    patrick mccormick Nov 25, 2008

I have had a GE money acct, for three years, and never late. When I moved across the states
    I recieved a statement late do to Las Vegas, will not forward your mail zip 89130
    they sent a collection agency after me for being three days late, RUDE and BAD Business
    I know GE likes to do businessin Iran, But the U.S. is probly not there best market.
    DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH GE

• Pe
    Penny Hampton Jun 26, 2009

I purchased a couch set through American TV in Madison WI. When I purchased this it was interest free for a year and I had to make payments, well in a year I had this payed off. But on my credit report it shows I still owe $1, 782.00. What a scam I payed every payment on time. I ALSO WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH GE

• Mi
    Mick Hanson Jun 30, 2009

I worked for GE in Australia. We should spread the word! Thier bonus structures are based on ripping people off. Get the fat cats fatter and have all of the workers get nuthin. ### GE fraudsters, should be shut down and given no federal funding.

Closing of my account!

I received a letter from GE Money Bank stating it was closing my account number ending in _ _ _ _ ... I do not have any such account, nor do I have any delinquent accounts, nor do I have any stocks, nor do I do any trading, etc., as it states in the printed letter I received from GE Money Bank.

Of course, it also states that if I have any questions regarding this letter, I could write to them at P.O. Box 981440, El Paso, TX. 79998 .

I have no idea what this is about... What is going on...

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Mar 02, 2008

Have you checked your credit report to see if there are any accounts you don't recognize? Perhaps there is someone opening accounts in your name?

• Ea
    Earthel Parker Oct 07, 2008

They (GE Money Bank) are do things very unethical if you have more info on how to cause them to stop please feel free to email me back.

Thank you.

• Mg
    mginwyo Dec 18, 2009

GEBM is a sorry excuse for a financial organization. I opened an account at a building material store, used it for about 6 months, and ran it up to 5-6k, and paid it off . Have not used the card for 2 years and go to use it and the card is a zero limit. I call for an "increase" and they tell me no. With a 39% dept to credit ratio and no negatives and 770 credit score they say in their letter my credit report was used as basis to deny.

What Freaking ###s.

Overpayment!

I was paying the minimum payment on my credit card because I did not have any interest charges for one year, I schedule to pay in full by the due date, but for some reason didn't go thru, so I call the same day and made the payment over the phone, and they assured me that my balance was zero, that I don't have to worry about any more, but the next month the payment went thru and they took the full amount from my checking acc, I call customer service to complain about it, and I demanded my money back, but first they try to convince me that I have credit on my cc, which I can use it any time, I request my money back in my checking acc, but they refuse to do it, saying they will send the check over the mail, which will take long time to process, and my checking acc is charge overdraft fee,

• Ci
    Cindy Jun 13, 2008

GE MONEY BANK WHAT A RIP OFF!!!

I purchased furniture from Ethan Allen 1 year interst free when it was due I used my BOA online bill pay to pay it payment was due on the 25 of May and came out of my account on the 15 of May, I had put one extra 6 on the account number so the check was returned to the bank. When I received notice that the check was being returned to the bank I called GE Money Bank I also had BOA do a 3 way call to these people to tell them that the funds came out of my account on the 15 of May and why the check was returned to the bank. Needless to say there is no way to get through to these people they gave us a 800 number and told BOA to send a fax which they did, I just recived a letter that I owe $301.07 in intrest and there is nothing the can do to reverse the charges. I have paid off the bill and will never use GEMB again. Beware GE MONEY BANK IS A SCAM AND BIG RIP OFF

• Mj
    mjcp Mar 30, 2009

I overpaid my Jc Penney account by $5, 500 to be able to buy furniture at 10% during Christmas. They put a block on my account and I had to buy the furniture with another way. Now they won't refund my credit balance because I don't have my receipts from paying the bill.

• Ba
    bacardiboi May 14, 2009

sooo... you are upset because YOU messed up the account number.

and it wouldnt have even been an issue if you had paid a little at a time or earlier than 10 days before the final due date.

GEMB is not a "scam and a big rip off"

you are a dumb#ss.

• Th
    TheAVENGER Dec 02, 2009

You are a jackass. GEMB is a bunch of crooks. Read all of the complaints in here!

• Ju
    jusw8tn67 Dec 18, 2009

on 12/5/09 i made payment on website. i noticed on 12/8 they took out 2 payments they said glitch in system will return money to my account.. today is 12/18/09 and still no money in my account like they promised over the phone many of times- they lie to you to get you off the phone. they take money that doesnt belong to them and wont return it. the extra money they took out of my account is my daughters christmas money and now look almost christmas and i cant buy her gifts because ge money took what they shouldnt. i have contacted bbb and nh atorny general hoping to get results before christmas. the reps are rude and liars!

Rude and continuous calls

Calls come 5 or more times a day. Caller refuses to identify themself or their company. All callers are rude. When asked to remove our number from the list, one said, "These calls will keep coming until you give us the information."

• Ca
    Carol May 14, 2008

GE Money keeps calling my house for someone who no longer lives there and they refuse to take my number out of their listings. I have filed a complaint with the do not call registry and now they are calling our cell phones because it was on our recording because we didn't want to miss any calls for a car we had for sale. My husband works for the Sheriff's department and they called him on the phone while he was in a trial. He is furious and wants to get these callers into trouble. They won't believe we don't know where this person is at. I don't like the fact that our number was given without our permission and now we can't get rid of this rude caller.

Matt Jun 21, 2008

Welcome to GE Money. They do the same thing to me, looking for my girlfriend. They call me every Saturday at 8:00am and every 15 minutes afterwards. If you ask who is calling, they will give you their name, but refuse to say "GE Money". I finally got one of their rude agents to stay on the phone long enough for me to explain that if they call my house repeatedly and refuse to identiffy themselves honestly, that it is harrassment and I am within my rights to contact the authorities and file charges against them. That is when they finally admitted to being GE Money.

Vehicle Financing

I signed a contract with a local dealer here in SF for $39 a month at 8% on a 2007 Honda Ruckus. I have thi...

Harassing phone calls!

My daughter is a college student and had a GAP credit card. She paid the balance off almost a year ago...

Detailed personal information given!

I applied for a PayPal Plus Credit card through the PayPal website. I was given the number [protected] to call to complete the credit application. I called and provided the service rep ( joe) with all of my personal credit information. I was then informed that I was declined for their card and would receive an explanation in 30 days. I asked why I was declined because I have an A+ credit history. I also expressed great concern that I had just provided him with all my personal credit information and that now I was concerned about who I was really in contact with. He gave me the number to PayPal [protected].

Have I just committed financial suicide? I have been reading all of the complaints on this bank GE Money bank and I am extremely paranoid at the moment!

• Pj
    PJ Apr 21, 2008

Just got one of these letters saying my credit score was lowered and so was my limit for GE MoneyBank because I had delinquency on recently open accounts.

Rather than panic & call the number, 866-300-6432 and give the ### criminal on the other end my personal info, I googled the number and lookie what came up!

This is a scam. ALWAYS google the correct number of an agency before giving out your personal info. These SCAMMERS are getting better and better.

You can check your credit report and receive one FREE each year set up thru the US Gov't. AnnualCreditReport.com or AnnualCreditReport.org

This paper actually looked OFFICIAL but it's NOT!!

sally6667 Feb 23, 2011

I also received one of these letters today (2/22/2011). The letter thanks me for being an ongoing PayPal Extras MasterCard account holder. They noticed recent activity on my account that they would like to verify with me. They have tried unsuccessfully to reach me by telephone. Since I don't have a MasterCard, I knew something was up. In addition, my Paypal account has no activity and my phone number on the account is correct. My bank reaches me all the time at that number. Another red flag. Googled the phone number and found your complaint.

Scammed saying the payment didn't go through twice, then charged late fee!

I paid the amount in full on the first statement via on line. They said my bank dishonored the charges. They charged me $29 and reversed my payment even though my bank said the charge never presented. So I paid it again thinking maybe I put the routing number in wrong. Again, the same thing happened again and I was charged $29. My bank said it never presented. Then I paid the $29 to pay the account off since they wouldn't waive it and they then... charged me a $15 late fee when I didn't pay late! Now, I can't get a copy of the check to show the date from my bank because they cashed it electronically! I am going to small claims court!

Unsolicited phone calls!

Ge money bank has called me 4 times and woke me up every time, 8:15am, to try to collect a debt on my son, he...

Harassing phone calls!

GE Money Bank has called my cell phone over a dozen times in the last few weeks. Prior to that they called about twice a month. Apparently someone has given my cell phone number as their own and the individual in question owes GE Money Bank some money for a credit card purchase. They refuse to understand I am not the individual they are looking for and insist on continuing to call my cell phone despite the fact that I have told them who I am, where I live, etc. Of course when they search my information they find I am not the person they are looking for and it is a mistake. But the calls continue. I use my cell phone when I am out of my house and do not give it as my telephone contact number. How do I get these jackals to stop calling? How can I find a corporate address for GE Money Bank? I want to file a complaint with the company as these callers have no clue and don't get it.

Jackie Bryan Dec 16, 2007

Over the last two months I have received over 100 calls from GE Money Bank asking for Michael Foreman or Holly Chantile... not sure of the spelling. I repeatedly tell them that there is no one by either name at this number. The number they are calling is my cell phone and they are continually using up my minutes which is costing me money. Every time I speak with someone they tell me that they will remove the number from their records but 1/2 later, I get another call and then another and another, etc. I have had about all that I am going to take at this time. I have contacted my lawyer to find out what I can do to rectify this situation. No one individual should have to endure the harassment and aggravation that I have over the last two months. I tried to be nice at first but I am no longer nice when I talk with them on the phone. I am sure they are calling as a bill collector and it is not my bill!! They need to find another way to contact these people and I am sure my attorney can steer them in the right direction!!!

• Pr
    prasobh Dec 16, 2007

Harassing phone calls
    ..................................
    I AM WORKING IN A SOFTWARE FIRM,over night i received somany phonecalls,which are threating and unwanted talks.those calls are made from one number
    THE NUMBER IS--
    +919895280074..............PLEASE DO ANY FURTHER ACTION BY MAIL I WILL SEND MY LANDLINE NUMBER,

• Pr
    prasobh Dec 16, 2007

hope that the authority will take action

• Mr
    Mr. Who Jan 06, 2008

Oh stop your ###, you probebly did rack up that bill in someone else's name and now your trying to say you didnt make those charges. Stop crying and whinning you immature stupid ### and pay your ###ing bill!

• Da
    Dan Feldman Feb 05, 2008

Ever think of utilizing your caller ID and voicemail? Did you know if you turn your phone off, the voicemail still works? Do you realize there's absolutely no reason for you to waste any minutes on these calls, even if they keep occurring?

• Ni
    nicole johnson Feb 07, 2008

GEMoney bank is constantly calling me at work. I have informed them that this is my job yet they continue to call. They have these people from India call and want me to give my info and the hardly understand me! They are ridiculous and they need to be stopped!

• Na
    Nasirah Nov 11, 2008

I have told them that I don't live where I live, yet they call 3xs per day..no lie! I have asked them repeatedly to send me monthly statements that I don't have time to always go online to check out my statements, which they don't send anyway even when I requested it at one time, yet I continue to get charged for late fees. How can I get charged late fees for bills I NEVER receive. I have even went as far as writing them a good old traditional letter and the calls don't stop and the bills still don't come. I am reporting them to the BBB.