Having problems with GE Money Bank?

GE Money Bank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 14, 2006. The latest review PPI was posted on Oct 16, 2020. The latest complaint overcharged interest was resolved on Oct 10, 2014. GE Money Bank has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 313 reviews. GE Money Bank has resolved 175 complaints.

GE Money Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GE Money Bank Customer Service. Initial GE Money Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GE Money Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GE Money Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with GE Money Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

GE Money Bank Complaints & Reviews

GE Money BankTerrible bank

My husband and I have several major credit cards, and a few store cards, as most Americans do. With the recession looming over our heads and the economy being what it is today, we decided to be proactive in our debt management and pay off most of our credit cards with our income tax refunds. So in February when we received our Federal tax refunds, we paid off Lowe's (balance of $400), Discount Tires (balance of $700), JC Penny (balance of $300), and SYMS (balance of $300). As of yesterday April 6th, we've received 3 letters from GE Money Bank informing us that they have closed all of these accounts based on "information from our credit reports, not from our credit history with GE Money Bank".

My husband and I were livid!! Oh, so you'll take our good credit rating with you and our money and close our account like we never had a relationship? WTF? We just purchased a home a few months ago, so our debt to income ratio had to be within the guidlines required by our bank. And we've continued to maintain our good credit score. We've never been late on any of the GE accounts (or any other accounts for that matter). It really just felt like a slap in the face to us, the consumer, for them to take our cash and then shut the door on us as customers.

I suppose had we continued to pay the astronomical interest rates on their store cards and send them the minimum monthly payments they would have been cool. But the moment they received our money to pay the accounts in full they were through with us. My husband and I are very positive people, and believe that there's always a good reason for everything. We're taking this as a blessing that we have four less credit cards we'll have to contend with. But my question is: what does this do to our credit rating? When your account is closed by the grantor and not by the account holder, how does that look to the three agencies?

Our goal in 2009 and beyond is to pay for everything with cash, and to only have our mortgage to deal with. Thanks to GE Money Bank we're closer to our goal, but it just doesn't feel right to have them do this to us in this manner. And even though I'm trying to stay positive about this...I'M STILL PISSED!!! :-( How dare they!!

Cheryl Davis May 06, 2009

We had a Lowe's credit card for years. Not much only $500.00. We paid online and when we changed banks, I was not familar with the online banking time. One payment was late one day and they cut my credit in half. So still needing it for home repairs, we ket using it and paying before time We just received a letter from GM bank that they have canceled our card. Not because our payments were always on time, but because of other credit reports, not because of our record with Lowe's. I'm not paying anymore payments. Let them turn it in to the other credit reporters, it doesn't seem to make any difference anyway.

• Ri
      Rick Feb 11, 2009

I have been paying my required payment monthly on line. These payments are not posted in a timely fashion and I am regularly being charged a $39 fee. Then they want me to pay another payment 'to bring it up to date' and charge me $10 for making a phone payment.

They claim that I make mistakes in the account number and/or the routing information. I have given them that information more than once. I have just writte3n them another letter in this matter.

I have also sent them a copy of the complaint report that I have sent to the Florida Attorney General's office.

GE MONEYgave my social security number to another name

I bought furniture in July 2007 and Spet. 2007. Ge money was the billing source. I paid all my bills that they sent me. some how I checked my credit report and they still have an amount I owed, it was under my social security number but under a different name, a name I never had before. I called and they suggested for me to send a letter to their fraud department, I did.
    I thought they fixed the problem but now they have been harrasing me for not paying... I spoke with their manager and she agreed it was their mistake and that I never paid a chair so I could pay it with no finace charges. I looked through my old statements and checks and the amount a paid was right. I never paid for the chair but I didn't know, I sent all my bills and never recievd any other, i thought it was all in the same account. I didn't know they created a different account and with another name and a different address.
    Hope people ask the financial institution they will be working with before they do a purchase, Ge money is not a good one.
    Thanks!

GE Money BankUnfair credit decrease / account closings

The same happened to me. Have a Paypal credit account that GE lowered rate in November of 2008, even though I paid balance due in full every month. Strike one! They also did the same to a Lowes account in the same month as soon as I paid off my balance. Strike two!! When i called, I was told it was due to economic crisis (yeah right), then I received the now famous after review of your credit rating letter. That made a Merry Christmas!! Now in April of 2009, they closed my Husquvava account that was paid in full in 2008 and unactive for a about 6 months with the same letter. Strike three!!! Just in time for spring.

I watched my credit score drop like the stock market. I'm afraid to look now. What is it ...7 years this stays on your credit report? Shame credit scores can't rebound as quick as the Dow Jones. We, in good faith, keep to our agreements to GE, thats a good way to reward it's customers. Hope we as taxpayers don't have to bail them out anytime soon. Like to push them out of a plane with no chute!! The letters GE used to be to a great branding. I dont think I'll even buy anything stamped GE even if their affliated or not. Class action suit, I'm all for it. Where do i sign!!!

• Vf
          v flanders Apr 23, 2009

nows thats 100% B.S i have a JC pennys credit card very low credit line never been late on this card pay the bill right at the store i got a letter lowering my credit limit because of score my cedit score is 800 how much higher do they want it its excellent GE mneyhas done this to me many times i n the past if a law suit was against them for aything have to do with custermors releations i wouls be the first one to sign i truly hope thing go truly bad for them they loose everything goverment can take over and the big fat cats that work for them loose all they have too

• Pi
          pissed off Apr 16, 2009

ge money bank sucks

• Co
          Coltred Apr 15, 2009

They did nothing wrong and I applade GE for taking some finacial responsiblity. They needed to lower the credit limits for people that had credit cellings way beyond their earning potential. I also don't understand while you would leave an open line of credit through Husquvava, how many lawnmowers do you plan on buying per year? Ofcourse they would close it do to inactivity, you should have closed the accout if you were not going to use the line of credit.

I do congraduate you for being ficially responible and paying your balances off every month, but why keep multiple lines of credit open if you don't need them. That in its self will hurt your credit score. GE lowered the credit limits on millions of customers during the economic downturn not just a limited few that you happend to get lumped with. Class action lawsuit? Keep your litigation to yourself and let these companies correct there decades of mistakes.

GE Money Bank-Yamaha Installment Financing — Unauthorized ACH Transaction, fraud, vioalation of fair credit reporting act

In a nut shell I made my Ferbruary 2009 monthly payment over the phone and by accident gave GE Money Bank my...

Ge Money Bank / Care Credit — ILLEGAL PRACTICES

I APPLIED FOR CREDIT TO PAY A DENTIST, I HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR OVER 8 MONTHS, IVE NEVER BEEN LATE OR MISSED A...

Pismo Beach

Ge Money Bank (Aka Gemb) For Lowe's Visa CardAccountDefender DOES NOT pay out when unemployed

When we first received our Lowe's VISA Card from CapitalOne, we signed up for AccountSecure to cover minimum payments on the credit card of there was a job loss or other circumstance that was beyond our control. We have consistently paid that amount every month for over 3 years, along with our payments - always on time. Our credit limit steadily went up.

When the card changed from CapitalOne to GE Money Bank, the AccountSecure became Account Defender, which was supposed to be the same thing with no changes. This turned out not to be true.

My husband was laid off in November 2008, we contacted AccountDefender immediately and they sent us paperwork to complete and return. Less than one week letter, we received a letter from GE Money Bank lowering our credit by more than half! After they had run a credit report without our authorization.

We received the paperwork over six weeks later - January 23, 2009. We respond on January 27, 2009 with the required information. We heard nothing for several months and we struggled to continue making the payments. We finally called Account Defender on April 3, 2009 to check on the status of our claim. The first person, Jose, hung up on us. The next person, May, told us that our claim was suspended pending proof of loss. Proof of what loss? Proof that my husband lost his job. They wanted last two paystubs from my husband's employer that had laid him off. We had already sent them the PA Unemployment verification statement - shouldn't that be enough?

By this time we had already received our W2s, verified the information was correct and shredded the paystubs. What could we do instead? They requested a copy of our last two months' bank statements so that they could verify income levels. We can't understand why they need to verify income levels, we're simply making a claim against an insurance policy we were paying for. We refused to give them our bank statements and requested that the accept the PA Unemployment Payments as proof that my husband was unemployed. They refused to accept that.

We requested the phone number of the Legal Department, and they refused to provide it. They wouldn't even provide an address for the Legal Department.

Instead, GE Money Bank continued to call and harass us everyday to pay on the account. Why should we pay on the account when we had insurance to cover it? By this time, we're fed up and we called them again and they told us to call Account Defender. We did, spoke to Jenny and was transferred to her supervisor, Maria (who was very reluctant to give us her name). Once again, we were faced with the paystub situation and an absolute refusal to accept anything less.

I then told them that I suspect they are delaying this entire process (it's been five months now) and they had no intention of ever paying the claim, and we requested a total refund of our insurance premiums. At this point, Maria said she would turn this over to a Benefit Analyst. She couldn't tell me when the call would be returned. I had finally had enough of the complete run-around and lack of answers. I politely told Maria to please note in the file that I will be contact GE Money Bank's legal department (777 Ridge Road, Stamford, CT 06927) and the Attorney General of Pennsylvania to get this straightened out. I also made sure to point out that all of my husband's other credit cards' insurance carrier (AccountSecure) has been making payments and protecting our credit since December without any problems.

I know that we are not along in this RIPOFF. We suggest that everyone who is having this problem inundate the Legal Department of GE Money Bank and the Attorney General of your state with calls and/or letters requesting that something be done about this. If enough of us do that, something is bound to happen.

• Nc
            NCTARHEEL Apr 12, 2009

I AGREE...GE MONEY HAS BEEN CALLING ME FOR THE PAST MONTH SEVERAL TIMES A DAY..I JUST LET THE ANSWERING SYSTEM ANSWER FOR ME..

GE Money BankBreach of Contract

I purchased a cub cadet and was financed through GE money bank. I have in my possesion a contract for a set amount for 86 months. Ge money bank has jacked up the rate and finance charge to where the payment has almost tripled my payment! I am not going to pay more then what I have agreed to. In fact I going to turn it over to a lawyer and let him deal with this I expect to hear from someone on this matter ASAP. Looking forward to hearing from you very soon!

Leonidas Moore Jr.

• Mi
              Mick Hanson Jun 30, 2009

I worked for GE in Australia. We should spread the word! Thier bonus structures are based on ripping people off. Get the fat cats fatter and have all of the workers get nuthin. ### GE fraudsters, should be shut down and given no federal funding.

GE MONEYClosed My Account For NO Reason

I had an account with 2 different companies who use GE Money. One credit card account was with Ashley Furniture and the other was Care Credit; both account had no balance. With this said I received a letter today stating that my GE money accounts had been closed on March 27th, 2009 (the letter was not even mailed until March 29th). The letter stated that, "these reasons are based on your entire history and not soley on your credit history with GE Money Bank." Keep in mind I have no balances on these accounts and that I have an average to above average credit score. I feel it is ridiculous that this company would cancel my accounts without speaking to me first, when I have no issues with this company, and when I have a above average credit score.
            I recently had a credit discrepancy on my credit report and this is the only reason GE Money is canceling me. I was not contacted so that I could explain that this was a mistake and I that I have a letter stating that my credit is being corrected but may take up to 60 days; no I was just canceled and that told about it after the fact.
            When I called to GE Money, I spoke to a less than sensitive employee who refused to let me speak to someone regarding why my account was closed and whether it could be reopened so that my credit was not affected. The employee stated that it would not affect my credit, that his supervisor would tell me the same information, and that there is not department for credit disputes.
            Does this sound like a company you want to deal with? Even if the discrepancy is true (which it is not); does one minor slip up negate 9 years of almost perfect credit? I do not thinks so.

• Je
                Jen May 29, 2009

Complain to their regulators- The Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS) and your congressman/woman. They did the same thing to me and I refuse to let it affect my credit rating. I paid off no interest accounts early and then one month later they "reviewed" my account and decided to close them. I had tried to close them myself but could never get through the 5+ minute wait time.

Don't let them win- be a thorn in their side until they relent...I know I will

• Kl
                kl1967 Apr 27, 2009

This same thing just happened to me. I had a Paypal Plus credit card through GEMB. My initial credit limit when I got the card almost 4 years ago was 4, 000.00. I have never been late with a payment, always pay much more than the minimum and paid the card off in Aug. In Sept. of '08, I got a letter stating that they were lowering my credit limit to 2, 600.00. So, I decided to just only use the card if I wanted something on ebay, and would pay the balance off in full at the end of the month. I used the card 3 times since Sept. '08 always paying the balance in full each month. Well, last week I received a lovely letter telling me that 'due to things in my credit report' they were lowering my credit limit to 190.00!!! Oh my goodness! I have NOTHING negative, no late payments, no judgements, NOTHING negative on my report. So, I called and closed the account. I also have an Old navy card through GEMB, initial high limit was 4000.00, they lowered it to 2, 610. in Oct.'08. Never late, paid off card in Oct.'08. Then I received a letter in Jan. that my credit was lowered to 1090.00. I called on Friday and closed the Old Navy account as well. I just wanted to be done with GEMB. They are crooked liars who lie and cut the throats of their good customers. They need us way more than we need them. I have 2 Citi cards and Citi has been wonderful to deal with. No ugly letters, no lowering of my credit limits. I know closing my 2 GEMB accounts hurt my FICO score, but I figured it would look better on my credit report if it stated 'account closed by account owner' rather than letting GEMB close it for no reason. I just cannot believe that GEMB is treating their customers like criminals. This will all rebound, the economy will pick back up and GEMB will be left with NO good customers. I will not go back to them for any reason whatsoever. I did everything that I was supposed to do and they betrayed me. I am done. It did feel really good to take control of the situation and close the account so they could do no more damage to my credit score. My score will rebound (it is 770 since closing the accounts and the lowering of the credit by GEMB) and I will never make the mistake of being a customer controlled and hurt GEMB ever, ever again.

• Nc
                NC GIRL Apr 13, 2009

This same thing happened to me . I had a HH Gregg card that has been paid off for over a year and last week I got a letter saying GE Money had closed my account...Why would you close an account on someone who has paid there bill on time and has a zero balance. I will NEVER deal with this bank again I have great credit and they just lowered my score...This is terrible and this is not fair to be punished for having good credit!!!

• Su
                Summer Apr 13, 2009

I got the same letter last week. However the week prior I had requested an increase in my limit to cover an elective surgery and was approved. I scheduled my surgery, put down my $2, 300.00 deposit in cash(I was using my care credit account to cover the additional $3, 000.00 of the surgery). The surgery must be canceled two weeks prior to surgery in order to not loose some of my deposit and sadly the schedule date is next week so now I am out money. I would never have schedule this surgery with out the increase being approved. Now my credit is affected and I am out of money(I found out today just how much I am loosing) there should be some law out there to protect the consumers not just the credit companies. They told me that they canceled my account because Equifax told them to which is not true a credit reporting company does not approve or disapprove a credit app. they supply your credit history to the lender. By the way my credit score is a 785 with a co-signer on my account that has a 730, now I am not the smartest person out there but I am pretty sure those are fairly good scores.

• Pa
                Patricia Apr 09, 2009

Ge Money Bank did the same thing to me. I was never late with a payment. I never went over my limit. One account had a zero balance. Then I got a letter from my Macy's Visa and they lowered my limit from $5, 500 to $3, 000. I was never late with them either. In fact I've NEVER been late with any of my credit card payments. I figure the economy will eventually get better and the the credit card companies are going to be recruiting again but I will use these companies again. By the closing lines of credit and lowering credit limits the in fact destroyed my good credit. I don't see how consumers can ever trust them again.

• Mf
                mfilas76 Apr 07, 2009

I got the SAME letter this weekend. It makes me SO mad! I am working on re-building my credit right now, and I have been paying for my sons braces through this account...always paying on time...always paying more than I needed. 1st, they cut my credit limit, and then they completely closed it. The thing that makes me angry is that it is going to report to the bureau as "closed by credit grantor", which will affect me negativly. They could at least have the decency to have it state that it was "closed by the consumer".

GE MONEY — misleading contact, harrassing calls

I was given $500 credit while i was at the vet with one of my dogs who ultimately died. Under such a time of...

Thomasville / Ge Moneyscam on deferred interest charge

I bought furniture from Thomasville in Feb, 2008 and have no payments no interest for 1 year, but if you don't read the fine print and don't pay it off in full by your promotional due date - by the way they send you a bill after your due date has passed, you have to pay all of the interest you have incurred for an entire year! In my case, I received a monthly statement with "total minimum payment" $0.00 due on Feb 12, 2009, so I didn't pay extra attention to this statement, and so I was not aware of a note " you have a promotional purchase expiring, see below for details" GE Money put into this statement which I believe 99% people will not notice it, so on Feb 16, just 4 days later, your "no pay deferred interest" which is 21.98% will add on the top of you balance and will appeared on April statement, now when you plan to pay your balance in April, it's too late

this is how they make money - A different Kind of Madoff's Ponzi scheme,
              Please don't buy from Thomasville & GE money - they will steal your money.

Cheryl Apr 06, 2009

Steal your money? Remember the adage "If it sounds too good to be true, it is." You got burned because of your own wishful thinking. You took out a loan; it you didn't bother to look at the terms, that's your own fault. I'd like to be more sympathetic but I've been on both sides of the finance business and this is a standard marketing technique.

GE Money BankFraud and Breach of contract.

Below is an email sent to President Obama. My account was closed and I was not notified about it. Now I have a bill for getting my truck fixed and GE Money Bank will not honor the charges. I believe it is called fraud and breach of contract, etc. Funny thing though, I still can log on to my account. It says I have a credit limit of $800.00 and have a credit balance of $300.00 and change. The fraud is that they are keeping it silent in hopes that I will pay off the balance before I found out about my account being closed. I paid this company off a few months ago. What they are doing is not right.

Dear Mr. President Obama, I am permanently disabled. I rely on the grants and loans for college. I will be a missionary when I finish school. I rely on my creditors to help offset expenses. The credit cards are being paid out of my SSI. I cannot afford to have my truck break down because of the cancellation of my credit card. If my truck breaks down, I have no way to College. I attend college at Abilene Christian University and round trip from Stamford is about 100 miles. My truck needs a tune up but now I have no means to afford one. Why is it that low-income families, like mine, should suffer at the hands of greedy corporate CEO’s? I have a budget and it is very tight. Now that my Credit Card from GE Money has been canceled, I have no means to get my truck fixed. I do not want to sound like a whiner so I will end this message. I think, regardless of corporate America, that you are doing a great job. I did vote for you because I think you can make a difference. I am proud of you Mr. President for taking the responsibility of the mess-ups of past presidents. I just do not understand why these things are happening.

Shalom Aleichem

R.T. Taylor

• Ba
                    bacardiboi May 14, 2009

"fraud and breach of contract" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! oh god u are stupid.

GEMB has the has the right to close your account at any time.

they are required by law to send you an adverse action letter when an account is closed due to info in your bredit bureau report. they did... you just didnt read it. (or the lovely post office didnt do their job... again)

credit is a privellege, not a right, get over it!!

GE MONEYUnexpected Account Closure

I received a letter in the mail from GE MONEY stating that my account had been closed due to average credit utilization on revolving /open-ended trades. Which basically means that my overall credit report does not look that good. They advised me that it would appear on my credit report as Credit Line Closed - Closed by Credit Grantor. This impacts my credit report more in a negative way. I am trying to clean up my credit and this is not helping at all. I contacted customer services and asked them why they had taken this action when I pay the bill every month on time. They stated it was due to my overall credit report. This is bull. I am now still responsible for paying on a closed account that I can no longer have access too??? I could see if I was not paying the bill at all, but come on. I pay on time every month. I would not ever recommend this company to anyone as the customer services people stated they would not re-open the account and this was a final decision. There was no notice. I'm sure it's in the legal fineprint of my terms with them, which is still crap. Anyone that has a Sam's Club credit card or care credit card, I would give them back to these people, because when you find yourself having a bit of a hardship, they will make your circumstances worse. You better believe that they will be getting a nasty letter from me and I will be notifing the care credit people as well.

• Ge
                      ge_WHATGIVES! Jul 03, 2009

I just received a letter today stating the same as above. In addition, "total balances on retail trades" and "age of oldest trade". I havent had a payment since Oct. 2008 in which my card was completely paid off and without missing a payment.

Happy 4th for me!

• Je
                      jerrywarriner Jun 03, 2009

For six months I had a Pay Pal Buyer Credit account through GE money bank. My credit limit was $300 and I always paid on time and paid more than twice the miniumum amount.

Suddenly I received a letter from GE Money Bank telling me that my limit had been lowered from $300 to $100. The reasons:

1) average credit utilization on revolving/open-ended trades.
                      2) highest credit utilization on bank revolving trades.

What in blazes does that mean? I called GE and was told that they get monthly copies of my credit report. Monthly? What kind of paranoia is that?

When my account is paid off I will ask them to close it and state, on my credit report, that the account was closed at the consumer's request.

I don't need the grief of dealing with such people.

• Ha
                      HATEGEmoney Apr 07, 2009

GE Money owns all the credit cards JC Penny, Discount tire, Lowes, They have lowered all of my accounts and closed one of them. This will bomb your credit rating because when they lower your limit it looks like you have maxed them which is bad. None of my cards were maxed and I made my payments now my score is down the toiet. When things get better. Don't support the companies that allowed GE MOney to do it Shop Home Depot Nordstoms any place that doesnt use GE Money. If they don't go under, I thing when we st op using them they will!

anon Apr 07, 2009

I also recieved a letter today that my inactive account was being closed. I just paid it off 4 months ago... This is going to negatively effect my credit. I purchased a bed, paid it off in 6 months and never missed a payment. My plan was to build my credit history, not make it worse. The world is topsy turvy isnt it?

There are alot of complaints and I sure hope a class action suit is brought up against this company. I dont know the legalities of this but hopefully some legislation can be passed to protect consumers. They think they can pick off honest people who pay their bills. Just remember that united we stand, and divided we fall.

jolynn001 Apr 06, 2009

I can certainly relate to you. I just received a lettr today that they closed my account for same lame reasons. This comes after paying them a $900.00 payment one month ago to pay off the account withint the deferred interest time period. You are right that it will affect our credit reports when it's termed that the account was closed by credit grantor. I am not going to let them destroy eight solid years of perfect credit for me.

GE Money BankFraud / Extorsion

We had a kitchen remodel done with Sears, and was financed through GEMB which was a joke. The salesperson who’s name will be with held (A San Diego Rep) said the loan would be with Sears, yet transferred to GEMB. GEMB had contacted us with a promotion 12 months later in 07/08 to lower our interest rate from 14.99% to 9.9% for a total of 12 months which would be until 07/09.We accepted. So far so good until 03/28/09 when this miniature pamphlet enclosed in our 04/09 statement which was almost to small to read stated that the terms on our account were about to change, and if we were to reject the "new terms" that would have a much higher rate, would have to surrender our credit card they issued that still has $3000.00 available credit on it. That was pretty strange, and even stranger, they said the deadline to reject "only in writing", was April 1, 2009 (Today)! No emails or faxes would be accepted in this process, only snail mail. How can a letter make it to Rapid City, South Dakota in just one day I thought? The rep, whose name was "Pat”, said that they would honor our rejection letter as long as it was postmarked before the deadline of 04/01/09. I'm waiting to see what happens on this one, because it smacks of fraud to me. Also, our balance has dropped from $21, 381.94 to $19, 700.00 and are still being required to pay 2.5% of the highest daily average amount. This is crazy! In a time where we as consumers could use a little relief in our monthly monetary obligations, GEMB continues to sock it to the consumer. Is there any relief out there that anyone has discovered to take some type of control of these sharks? All they ever say to your questions or requests is a big fat...NO! As a Realtor, my family has suffered extreme financial hardships, and will continue to through this crisis. I'm sure I'm not alone. If GEMB fails to cushion the financial blow, this could go to collection, and ruin was little credit I'll ever have to get by on. We took out this loan far before things went bad in this country, and have always made payments on time. This is what we get...right? My concerns is that “Pat” does not have the authority to guarantee anything, and is nothing more than a phone jockey, therefore opening the possibility of having our rejection letter denied, jacking our interest rate to 21.49%, and saying that they never received my letter. I need GEMB to continue to honor my 9.9% they offered me in 07/08 for the duration of my loan. They will still make their money, and to grant a minimum payment of only 1.5% of the current balance would greatly help me in providing food on the table for my family rather than lining the pockets of the greedy corporate sharks! Thank you.

JT / San Clemente, CA / [protected]@cox.net

• Ba
                        bacardiboi May 14, 2009

your'e upset they want 2.5% of your balance every month? you realise thats normal right?? what would you prefer? paying 0.5% of the balance and making payments on it for 150 years??

and how is fully disclosing the minimum payment clculations in the terms and conditions before you even applied, "socking it to the consumer"???

and why do you feel it's GEMB's fault you took a gamble on your future? maybe you should have thought about "providing for your family" before you racked up 21K in debt!! this is why america is in such a bad spot! we want something we cant afford? CHARGE IT!!

get over yourself, you messed up. take the shame mate!

GE Money BankNon-posting of payments

I took out a HELOC loan and mailed checks to payoff three accounts managed by GE Money Bank on the same day (3/19/09). I also mailed 20 checks for accounts with other credit cards on that same day. One GE Money account was a 0% interest account from Rooms to Go. A second GE Money account was from Hunter Douglas, but this account has an interest rate of 21.99%. The third GE Money account was for Sam's Club, with a rate of 10.65%. The first two accounts have the same payment address (P O Box 960061; Orlando, FL [protected]). The Sam's Club Payment was mailed to P.O. Box 530942; Atlanta, GA [protected].

The checks to the other 20 merchants have been received and posted to the associated accounts. The check for the 0% GE Money Bank interest account was also received and posted. The two higher rate GE Money Bank cards claim that the payments have not yet been received (although one payment was sent to the same address as the 0% account) and that it can take more than 2 weeks for payments to post. I find this to be suspicious at best, and bordering on poor business practices/fraud. It unbelievable that out of 23 checks that were mailed on the same date, the only two that haven't posted are interest charging accounts at one financial institution. Based on other complaints I have read, I believe GE Money Bank is cheating its customers by delaying posting of payments on interest accounts. In addition, there is no contact number on GE Money Bank's billing statements or website, making it nearly impossible for customers to check on payments or complain.

• dj geo Apr 28, 2009

This same situation happened to me...My balance was $1, 200.00..i sent out 3 money orders..two for $500.00 and one for $200.00...only $700.00 was cashed. All in the same evelope and mailed. Its been over two weeks and still the other money order fro $500.00 has not been cashed.

GE Money Bank — lowering credit limits again!

Back in october ge money bank cut everyone's credit limits down within a few hundred dollars of their...

Ge Money Care CreditHorrible service & card

They are a totally terrible card company. They are the worst I have ever dealt with. They get you even if you are a day late and you've never been late before. They even told me one balance to pay off my card and this month I got another bill, so I called and they tell me that I must have made a mistake reading my invoice, but I had called to verify, so who made the mistake? So now they tell me it's a late fee from last year - after they had me pay this in advance last year already by phone.

• Rm
                            rmorris3612 Mar 04, 2010

If you live in Oregon and even if you dont email [email protected] with your complaints.

This is the Department of Justice in Oregon who are the only ones who can deal with this terrible company.

R

chaorai Mar 28, 2009

TO CARE CREDIT PETS are MORE IMPORTANT than the [humans] THEY
                            need to survive!!!
                            (LOL Care... Right) 3/28/2009 [email protected]

Hi, My name is Chuck. 33yrs Male, Florida. I have worked since Age 14./ Recently I needed
                            a Root Canal. Cost: $1900. In this economy I just do not have it.
                            All in all I Need Braces...Badly & I've never had a cavity until I turned 30yrs old.
                            Anyways, due to my financial status right now I could only afford to get the tooth pulled for $245.
                            I'am currently on Umemployment and my Fiance works 2 jobs to keep it all together for now.
                            With her 3 kids and our 1 yr old girl together we're just making it. At the end of 2008 she applied
                            for CARE CREDIT for the kids and was turned down.
                            NOTE: She holds 2 JOBS & is a HOMEOWNER by Private Lender who doesn't report to
                            credit agencies.
                            I myself who has a better Credit Score than she does 662+.. 700+ at other credit reporting
                            agencies, was turned down by Care Credit. Therefore resulting in an Exstraction instead of a root
                            canal saving my rear right Bicuspid. YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!
                            What they don't know is...
                            My Fiance is a Vetinarian Tech who deals with applying with CARE CREDIT on a regular
                            basis. She told me, recently a man came into the Vet's Office with his dog who needed a $300. job
                            done. My fiance applied for CARE CREDIT for him there in the office and they gave him a $4000.
                            Credit Limit. THE REASON WHY SHE APPLIED FOR CARE CREDIT: The man stated to her that
                            "He had no money what so ever.".. "Because he just got out of PRISON serving a 5 YEAR TERM
                            & he didn't have a job at all...? I have credit. I pay my credit cards on time. I've NEVER
                            been Arested for anything!!! SO TELL ME... CARE CREDIT... HOW MUCH ARE YOU
                            GETTING FROM THE GOVERNMENT FOR DILENQUENT ACCOUNTS.
                            FROM PEOPLE YOU KNOW WILL NEVER PAY 1 PAYMENT.
                            I'm not one to point fingers but someone Needs to investigate
                            CARE CREDIT's FRAUDULENT ACTS against the American Taxpayer.
                            BERNIE MADOFF WITH MY TEETH.

This is one reason why we America is in the hole we're in.. RIGHT NOW!

Ge Money Bank / AmazonBILLING/ADDRESS

I opened an account with GE MONEY BANK in aug.08 and have never received a billing. The original purchase was $156.00.I ran my credit report and this account showed up delinquent.I have always maintained a 800 FICO.On the credit report, it shows I owed them $256.00.I finally found a customer service number for GE MONEY BANK and the lady told me she had the number of my street, but not the name of the street to bill to.Ithen paid off and closed the account.She said that a report would be sent to the credit bureaus and it should be taken care of.To sum this all up, I was very leary of ordering online and will not do it again.From reading comments on the web about the same problems, it sounds like someone should be investigating GE MONEY BANK/AMAZON for illegally running up false fees on customers. Maybe the new US Attorney General can look into this matter.

• Sh
                              Sharon Wiser Sep 13, 2009

Hello:
                              I just tried to pay my bill online for one entire hour. Ridiculous. Glitches galore. I never have difficulty paying any other bill online (and I pay bills on time). GE MONEY bank did not send me a bill. I purchased glasses from Pearl Vision about in late July. About 3 weeks ago I called MONEY BANK to let them know that I had not rec'd a statement. The person said it was in the mail. It was not. I NEVER RECEIVED A PAPER COPY BILL AND DID REQUEST ONE. So, today I tried to pay my bill - not only online but thought about paying by check. I did not do the check via phone since there was a 15.00/10.00 fee. What the heck is going on with this company GE MONEY BANK. I think they are trying to create late payments so they can charge a fee. I'm ticked. My monthly set-up payments finally went through, however, I do not trust the transaction now. I better not discover that they have charged my checking account the full amount. YES, I AGREE - SOMEONE BETTER LOOK INTO THIS. THEY NEED TO MAKE PAYMENT ACCESS FRIENDLY.

• Si
                              SignOf The Times Aug 22, 2009

Noway - a few seconds ago
                              This is a scam and the posts you see on here that claim different have hidden agendas for doing so. These people try to use psychology fear and even compassion to ferret out further information. In my case... I never had an account with Chase to begin with neither did I apply for a card. However, they claimed the only way that they could verify the letter I received claiming I had an account, was to render SS#. So I said I would render it. He offered information to prove his validity.
                              Of which I caught 3 discrepancies. Of which he apologized for and said he would have to alert his supervisor of immediately. LOL

First the phone # offered to me for a Experian is not the actual telephone number for Experian. This was verified by My Credit FRAUD monitoring service. The # [protected] is not anywhere on the legitimate CHASE.COM sites. And after pointing this out to him, he in turn claimed it must have been in error. Also I blocked when calling them, however he claimed my phone number did not match into their system on a search. However asked me to fax or scan the fraudulent letter I received to him. LOL Why would I block my number then release it pending exposing impostors of phishing scams? LOGICAL?

So the numbers in question that were blown out of the water for inconsistencies are: [protected], [protected], & [protected].
                              The last number listed is where I was routed to the third time for the so called Internal Dept. Of which the individual claimed to be an employee of CHASE.

It gets better. He offered me advice to make a consumer complaint saying the number for Experian was [protected]. Not according to my sources. I am warning people on here to use discernment as much psychology, guile and deception is prevalent in these economic times and the false rebuttals on this page just verify the compliance of these evil entities in the destruction of your economy. Karma is as Karma does and Justice prevails. This page is being used to access info that we know so they can use it to hide better.
                              Caller: GE MONEY BANK

Ge Money Bank / Care Credit — Customer service Sucks!!

I have a GE Money Bank/Care Credit Care. It is used for medical expenses. This company cares nothing about...

Ge Money / Gap Cardonline download access

I am trying to set up online access to download my Gap Card transactions into Quicken. Gap Card's online website offers this feature, but every time I try to download manually, nothing happens. Furthermore, Quicken keeps offering me to set up online download access through GE Money's website, but when I go to GE Money's website to add an account, it does not recognize my Gap Card number as a valid account; therefore I cannot create a download username and password. So I can only manually enter transactions into Quicken. Is anyone else having this problem, and is there a fix?
                            Thank you.

Ge Care Creditthe worst company i've ever had to deal with.

I went to a chiropractor that handed out Care Credit as a way to pay for everything. Care Credit put my balance on two seperate accounts instead of one, mailing them at different times, making it very difficult to keep track. Not only can I not speak to anyone that is willing to help, but they actually have Care Credit policies to prevent the employees from helping customers in any way (APR's, Bureau Complaints...everything). It is impossible to speak to anyone; they are all cold, aggressive and don't care about anything but making money in ANY way possible.