GE Money BankCheating customers!

L

My promotional purchase (fees for dental service) was to become due on June 6/11/06. On 5/14/06 I had my credit card send an electronic payment for the entire principle of the loan. I have the confirmation number of this transaction. For some unknown reason, which GE Money Bank has refused to explain, this payment was returned to my credit card. Immediately upon the notice of its return, I sent a letter to them asking for the reason for the return of the electronic payment. I have the letter from my credit card company to substantiate this rejection. I then replied with two payments within the specified time. I was overseas at the time, and although I immediately made payment, GE Money Bank did not credit the payments to my account until June 17, 2006. Of course, this made the payment APPEAR to be delinquent. Since then, I have sent at least 9 letters, including documentation, called their toll free number numerous times. Each time I called I was told to put my complaint in writing. Each written response was followed with a form letter asking me to phone their toll free number. One representative suggested that I might FAX the information. I did this TWICE and never received the courtesy of a reply. Meanwhile, the account has been referred to a collection agency and finally to an attorney. The total amount GE claims that I now owe in finance charges and late fees is $2,126.76 ALL IN INTEREST and LATE FEES. Although the federal and state consumer regulations state that the creditor must answer written complaints within a specified time, this has yet to be done.

RESOLVED

• Updated by GE Money US · Mar 29, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Reference code DM 032911_cc#

• Updated by GE Money US · Jun 03, 2016

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your GE Money account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- Reference code DM 031811

• Updated by GE Money US · Aug 10, 2016

Paul,

- Reference code DM 030811_ph

• Li
    Lisa Aug 12, 2016

They're jacking up my interest rate from 13.5% to 23.25% - and I have excellent credit. The only thing I can do is close the account to preserve the 13.5% rate - so I'm doing that and adding GE to the list of companies I'll never do business with again.

• St
    Steve Aug 12, 2016

I'm not sure how this company stays in business because they do everything they can to rip customers off.

I'm just glad I was able to pay them off and close my account.

janice crowther Aug 12, 2016

I have been late 2 months on my account. My total balance was $1050.00. This company has added some outrageous fees. Now my balance is over $3000.00. This can not be legal!!!

Beware!

• Ro
    Roger Aug 12, 2016

I agree that the this company's customer service (non-exsistant) is one of the worst that I have ever encountered with any business. I have a government purchasing job and I do a hell of a lot of business with online vendors and customer service representatives and I have never, NEVER, run across a company with such a rude, non-customer friendly, in your face attitude towards the very people who keep their butts in business. How freaking arrogant can one CEO and customer service manager be towards their customer's???? It's a damn insult!!!

First Complaint: I made a payment of $225.00 which reflects as "posted to my bank account" on 16 Mar 2009, meaning they have my payment money there. Now, here it is 24 Mar 09 and it still hasn't shown up on my account and these idots are telephoning me because I haven't made a payment, WHAT????. What the hell does the accounts receivable accountant do around there all day? Who the hell is posting the books?? This is totally unacceptable business accounting practicies in my estimation.

Second Complaint: I have tried for 5 days straight to contact GE Money on the phone to pay off the balance and terminate my account with this irresponsible company. It's next to impossible (if not impossible since I've never been able to reach a live person) to get to talk with a customer service person. If someone knows how to get past the damn automated telephone system to talk to anyone, I'm open to suggestions.

Third Complaint: I've tried and tried to login to my account online and the stupid thing say "The information you provided doesn't match our records", Imagine that?? Let's see, my SSN, my telephone number, my date of birth hasn't changed in 50 some odd years, how the hell does it not match their records???? How about unqualified employees doing the data input?

At first I thought I was just getting all steamed up over nothing, then I went to the complaints page and low and behold, there's many more customers experiencing like problems with this company.

This is totally unacceptabel to me as a customer in good standing. This is how people's credit gets stained and their score get dropped. All because some incompetant, uncaring companies like this one think they're too damn good to answer a phone and personaly take care of customers. How Rude can one company be? GE Money obviously doesn't care if they drive away a customer?

I will be paying off the charge I created for the purchase of a new set of tires and then I'm going to cut there damn card in such small pieces that it'll look like sand.

If GE Money cares anything about keeping repeat customers, the first thing they need to do is rip that damn phone system out of the wall and throw it in the dumpster, the second thing would be to fire the customer service manager since they obviously haven't got a clue as to what good customer service is, and get back to the basics of good ol' person to person customer service. And lastly, get rid of the CEO and the accounting manager and get someone in there who is customer oriented.

I highly recommend that if any of you who are considering financing ANYTHING with this company and you have any other alternative at your disposal for obtaining credit for your purchases, use it! Stay the hell away from these people and let their stupidity and their beloved phone answering system sink their own ship.

A Highly Dis-satisfied customer!!!

• Su
    Sunil Gupta Aug 12, 2016

I have taken loan against my property from GE Money (Pitam pura Branch, Delhi) in April-2004. I took loan for ten years but because of sufficient money I payed their balance amount in April 2007. After one month they return all my property papers, but they are not gave my Balance PDC's and NOC. They said that after fifteen day I will receive NOC and my Balance PDS's from Courier, but that is only an assurance or nothing because right now after four month still I am not received any PDC's and NOC. For my PDC's and NOC I complaint every week from the date of full and final payment of my loan, but no positive response I receive, Right now they says that NOC will not Provide to you I ask resign why NOC will not provide me after final payment of loan, they said that in case of Loan against property they are not provide me NOC. Think this is possible that is fair. I complaint thousand times on their customer care, but they cut my phone after ask my name.

• Ji
    J Iglehart Aug 12, 2016

Payments submitted for late fees were not being applied to the late fee charges. According to the Billng Rights Summary, the consumer has to call and request allocation of payments to the late fee charges. My Jan 09 statement had a $58.27 purchase charge for late fees. I called and had an allocation for this payment applied to these charges. The following mos after that, charges appeared, customer service said they were handling it. Today, June 17, 2009 @ 6:40 p.m., a very rude young lady from the Dispute Dept talked to me as if I was a dog off the street, and I am 61 years old. She told me she couldn't see my information from Jan 09 on her screen, and no where in the statement of summary is she required to answer any of my questions. She continued to interrupt me and I continued to answer her back, she would not stop talking and then hung up in my face stating she wasn't going to argue with me.

Sandy, Pittsburgh PA Aug 11, 2016

I too have had the same issue. I had 3 accounts in good standing with GE Moneybank, not missing one payment and one card was completely paid in full. Received letter that they are now closing all 3 cards due to Consumer Reporting Agency information, which I have no current deliquencies at all. Reason stated certain trade-lines close too limits. I guess paying bills every month on time means nothing any longer, you pay something off, gets closed. Yet we are bailing out everyone who took out bad loans, not paying credit at all, and banks that stole and gave bad loans. They should get NOTHING, all this has done is hurt all of the average middle class people that are paying bills on time suffer, while executives are partying at our expense. SOMETHING truly needs done with this. Pretty soon I guess credit score will have to be a perfect 850 to qualify for anything, meanwhile, those are the people who really do not the credit anyway. What happened to freeing up credit, seems banks are closing credit lines to the people who have done everything right. HELP US ALL

• Ri
    Richard Maier Aug 10, 2016

Lost my payoff payment of my account totaling $2239.76. Cashed it and now says they can't find it. Noone to talk to to get any satisfaction.

• Kr

Country:

Company Phone
    [protected]

Incident
    I got a care credit card to take care of dental expenses. limit was $1000, I had been paying regularly and paid close to $400 ON TIME, so i was suprised to find that they had turned me over to collections and my bill was now at $1300. I asked that they investigate, sent in all money order receipts i could find and copies of checks. they still call about twice a day trying to collect money, but Why would i send in money if they lost all but one payment that I have made??? i tell them, they still call constantly. they are messing up my credit by turning me into collections and i paid regularly and sometimes twice a month to get the bill out of the way. WHAT DO I DO???

Damage Resulting
    MONEY MONEY MONEY, they lost money and give ME late charges and fees. they harass me for their mistake, they aren't looking into it, nobody listens when you call into customer relations.

Have Lawyer Contact Me
    Y

Thank you for your submission. You should receive an e-mail confirmation shortly

• Li
    Liz Aug 10, 2016

Lowe's Card has lost my payoff payment of $647. Same issue: I get harassed daily and no one is helpful at all. I've been collecting paperwork/bank statements/etc. to show where I made the payment, and no one will help me.

• Br
    Brooke Miller Aug 10, 2016

GE Money Bank is the most unprofessional bank I have ever done my business with. I purchased a Four wheeler and the finacing was done through them. It was a disaster from the start. I bought the four wheeler a year ago and they are now finally sending me my first account statement.I had called several times(5-6) in the course of 6 months and they kept giving me excuses why I wasn't getting my bill. So since I wasn't getting a bill in the mail I would have to call and make a payment over the phone, which cost 10 extra dollars. I was told by the customer representative that was "helping" me that I couldn't pay the extra 10 dollars right then, that it would have to be added onto the loan.(so they could get interest on it) So basically they wouldn't send me a bill so that they could get extra money from me. The representatives were very rude and unhelpful. It was always very obvious to me that I was bothering them with my problems. Among this there were many more incidents. I will NEVER do business with this company again!!! They are liars, cheaters, and unprofessionals! Everyone I come in contact with will hear this story and I will guarantee will not choses to use this company also!

• St
    stephanie charles Aug 10, 2016

They are a bunch of liars and cheaters. My stepdad have a Car Care Card with Ge Money bank since 1999 he been receiving his statement real good, paying it on time, then since may he haven't received any statement until the month of August phone call started telling him they haven't receive a payment for 3months and that his balance was $689.00. Remind you his credit limit was a 1,000.00 last statement received was the month of April he send that payment in his balance left on the card was $486.39. They said they been sending the statement out which is just a plain old lie, and how did the balance went from $486.39 to $689.00 tell me if this people is not a bunch of robbers we have our statement to proof it too and believe me they wont be getting no $689.00. I will sue them before i send them that kind of money.

ancil Aug 10, 2016

Hai this is ancil,
    i do agree with your statement.. even i have experienced a outbreak with GE money.. The above article is very impressive.It Brightened up my knowledge..this is a perfect site where people come to know about the merits and de-merits..
    -----------------------
    ancil
    Highly relevant, efficient advertising to forum, blog, wiki and other types of web sites. Drive large number of visitors to your website and build quality links.

None Aug 10, 2016

1999 he been receiving his statement real good - Stephanie.. You country hick. Learn how to spell before you post on a board for the whole world to see!

• Tn
    tnon Aug 10, 2016

I love how you start out your post " this is the most unprofessional bank ive ever dealt with". Have you ever thought maybe they think you're the most irresponsible customer they've ever dealt with. Boo Hoo. Cry a river.

'Many More incidents' yet you do not list any more. Make sure you have enough details to sustain your claim - you probably own 2 teeth in your whole head.

First of all if you were purchasing a four wheeler - you probably live in a trailer and are always on the move which is why you never rec'd a statement. Ok. I'll stop with the speculating.

If you didn't get a statment - why didn't you call??
    You said after a year you're finally getting your statement. You waited a whole year to find out how much you owed on a loan that this company you did business was so kind to give to you??
    Unbelieveable.

And charging 10.00 to your bill, they're going to charge interest on that? Really? Even at 24% interest on 10.00 , um what's that equal? You do the math. I'm sure they got rich off that!
    If you don't get a statement don't sit around with your thumb up your butt and complain, call them and ask what your balance is, or find someone who can mail you a statement.
    Quityer[censored]en.

• Ri
    Ri Aug 10, 2016

I was suckered into this account by American Laser Center. Worse mistake ever. The girl at ALC told me my minimum payment/month would be $65 - uh YEAH it WAS for about 2-3months then it shot up to $95!! WTF?! On top of that, I discovered that only ~35% of that minimum due payment was going toward my balance! The other 65% was FINANCE CHARGES! The APR is extremely high on this card as well.

I just recently had a problem with CC/GEMB. I made an e-payment to them for $95 & they sent me an email confirmation for the payment. I must admit, I was about 2 days late on the payment. However, about 4, 5 days later, I kept receiving these calls - they show up as 'Unavailable' on my cell (go figure). I answered the phone & its GEMB calling about a payment that hasn't been made. I told them I have made that payment; he said he would make a note of that & the call was ended. In the next week, they called my d#$n phone about 6 times, harassing me about a payment that I MADE already!! Everyone says they'll "make a note of it". Obviously you're NOT making ANY kind of note if you keep CALLING ME!! >:-( So they called me so much that I started wondering if I DID make the payment so I made another on for $98. Thats $193 in 2 weeks! Again another confirmation email! They continued to call me about these payments until I finally got fed up! Basically, someone on their end had not posted these payments to my account & thats when I realized that these fools hadn't even taken the money from my account!! After I informed them of this & expressed my distaste for the continuing phone calls, they deducted the whole $193 from my account. What a HUGE INCONVENIENCE!! If someone had been on their JOB & credited the payments in the first place this wouldn't have happened! Another problem I have with CC/GEMB is that - and this is by NO MEANS meant to be offensive & if it is, I am terribly sorry!! - the callers that they have working there don't really speak English well, they all have heavy accents which makes it difficult to understand. If I, or anyone else calls in with a problem, we're already ticked off & to have someone talking to you that you don't understand & they don't really understand you is a nuisance sometimes & exacerbates the problem.

This company is a rip-off, so if you can avoid dealing with CC/GEMB, by all means AVOID IT!!! American Laser Centers as well! They trick you into these contracts & you're stuck with a multihundred/thousand bill with a high a$$ APR!

• Je
    Jesse Aug 10, 2016

For the past few weeks I've been receiving phone calls from GE money bank. I don't even have an account with them or any one related with them. I don't even have ANY accounts. The phone calls are getting annoying, they do not even state why they are calling. >:(

• Ed
    edward walsh Aug 10, 2016

GE money bank comes from the same breed of filth that poured vast amounts of poison into the Hudson. Vile ###, that prey on those most helpless. Would hate to be one of them standing before St. Peter.

• Ba
    bajaskier Aug 10, 2016

1) Read the dozen of complaints against these [censored]heads. Then:

2) See if there is a class-action suit in your area. If so, join it.

3) Go to the BBB website and file a complaint.

4) If you can afford it, pay off the ORIGINAL balance IN-FULL, via CERTIFIED
    CHECK. Then, close the bank account as soon as the check clears. Let them
    come after you; they have no recourse once the original balance is
    satisfied.

5) Good luck!!

• Lv
    lvi1 Aug 10, 2016

I posted my experience with their new credit determination process as well. Amazing how they communicate to each individual customer how much they TRULY value the business, isn't it!

• Da
    Dave Aug 10, 2016

I have been a long time jc pennys costermer. Faithful NEVER LATE AND UTILIZED MY CREDIT WISELY AND OFTEN. i HAD A 2650.00 CREDIT LIMIT WITH A 1600.00 BALANCE. I was notified they will be dropping my limit to 1325.00 . I have no lates and had no problems with them or any one else. I am now over limit and when i called they said its already been reported over limit.

• La
    Laurie Aug 10, 2016

If the new credit limit they "decided" to give you puts you overlimit - that is illegal.

File complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

I know a lot of creditors are lowering limits due to the current economic crisis, however lowering it so your pre-existing balance is now overlimit - cannot be allowed .

Forget trying to get GEMB to fix it. They do not acknowledge or fix their mistakes. They just ignore you and hope you go away.

• Ur
    ursvon Aug 10, 2016

Sam's club converted personal charge card to a membership type card, yet kept charging interest and credit card insurance to the account. Has any body experienced this

• Rc
    RCF Communications Aug 10, 2016

I am with GE and our business segment runs the Sam's Club card program. I'd like to have one of our specialists look into this for you and answer any questions you may have. Please send your contact phone number to [email protected] Do not include your account number in the email or in any postings.
    Thanks,
    RCF Communications
    GE Retail Finance

• Ci
    CIci Aug 10, 2016

GE MONEY- Possibly the worst lending agency in the world. i have recently missed the first payment ever on a loan which the balance could be no more than 600. The monthly payment is 40euro (i keep meaning to clear the balance in full) and i recieved a phone call today saying i now owe them 100 euro because of the bounce! thats double my monthly payment. i am in shock. furthermore the way i was spoken to on the phone you would think i was in massive arrears wit them. my partner has also encountered severe problems with them and their lack of ability to help customers out during hardship.
    Customers beware- they are a hard company to afiliate with and will have you black listed while your scratching your head...

• De
    Deborah Scott Aug 10, 2016

Legitimate and professionally run businesses do not constitute rip offs. The concepts are mutually exclusive. Banks know that the average customer does not read the fine print, legal jargon drafted by money geeks, but that's what indirectly pays for their luxury lifestyles. Until drastic changes are made in the banking industry, those with dubious intentions will always trump the little guys who innocently believe there's good in everyone.

• Tn
    tnon Aug 10, 2016

Again. Another person who has no clue - and doesn't read terms.

Once you do have good payment history you're eligible for a decreased interest rate. They are also in this business to make .. what? Money!! Yeah!! That's what this is all about, so if you don't say anything to them about your interest rate, they surely won't say anything to you. Complain or not about that, that's how business is run and you signed your name, to participate in this game we call Business. Quityer[censored]en.

• Dd
    D D Aug 10, 2016

I totally agree. In my opinion, GE Money Bank is a complete ripoff.

• Ot
    Ottoniel Hernandez Aug 10, 2016

I need some dental work to be down and dental office toll me about gemoney. Helthcare credit. long story short I got the credit whit one year not interest but for some reason my peyments are allway late.
    I send the check 10 days before the due day and like magic gets there a day after. they are charging me $39.99 of late fee every month and $2.00 on top for minimun interes charge, I call the nunber and they can only say your parment is late sorry I can't help you . I was planing for automatic payment but after reading others complaints I don't want then to have acces to may bank account .
    my account was open july 19 and total fees charged in 2010 is $123.97 they are a company of theif. hope my story can help somebory to not do busines whit GEMONEY...

• Sh
    shoemake10 Aug 10, 2016

I have had a discover card with GE Money Bank for 3 years, never late on a payment. The renewal approached and they decided not to renew my card since my husband and I have graduated college in the past 24 months and are income has increased by 5 times we have more revolving accounts and have a higher debt with an over 800 credit rating. I guess I am not deserving of there over 20% interest rate when all my current are zero to six percent. I guess the companies that reward increased income and good credit are those who do not need to rip me off or maybe its because I pay off my credit cards and do not carry long term balances that was an inconvenience to this company.

Beware!

• Ge
    gee4905 Aug 10, 2016

My husband received a credit card through GE Money to pay for our Hanson windows in March 2009. Started to receive monthly statements soon after the installment of my windows. Out of the 7 months, I had missed one payment (even though they state we our late every month) due to error on my part and they charged me a late fee of $39.99 and increased my APR from 15% to 26.99%. I never received notice of the increase just showed up on my monthly statement.

I currently mail all my other payments at least 7 days before the due date of payment but yet I still receive a late fee of $39.99. I have called GE Money several times and I continue to get the same answer, "sorry, we received your payment late, cannot help you and we have no control over the mail". Every month when I receive my statement I receive a late fee. I keep calling GE Money to tell them I mailed my payment a week in advance but they continue to state they received my payment late. I called GE Money today and spoke with a supervisor by the name of Sharon. I told her the whole story and asked why do they continue to charge late fees when the payment is not late. Sharon stated "we received the payment late".I am not sure how that is possible when we mail out our payment a few days in advance? Sharon responded "sorry, we do not control the mail. There is nothing we can do for you. GE cannot adjust the late fee nor can they change the APR". Sharon stated we could write upper management in El Paso, Texas but I am not sure what good that will do??? We continue to receive late fees when we send payment way in advance and because of that we have a sky rocket APR. I owe more on my windows now then when I made the initial purchase!! Something has to be done!

I called another credit card company to have my balance transferred from GE Money! This company is a scam and they need to be stopped.

• La
    Laurie Aug 10, 2016

file formal complaints with the Federal Trade Commissiona nd the office of Thrift Supervision

GE will not deal with anything - they need to be investigated and the only way to do that is for all of us having problems file these complaints and get the Government to fix THEM.

Chelley Aug 10, 2016

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS POSSIBLE!!! They will LIE to you, verbally abuse you, and take you for EVERYTHING you have!!! Yes, I am speaking from personal experience.

I was granted a loan through my dentist's office to cover the cost of some major oral surgery that my insurance didn't cover. For years I prayed for the opportunity to have this work done, and now I regret doing so more than I've ever regretted anything in my life! This company is brutally, thoroughly, and repeatedly RAPING me financially, and there is seemingly not a single thing I can do about it! I was instructed by my dentist's office to produce a voided check to set up the auto debit, which I did, and was informed that the payments would begin being deducted from my checking account 30-32 days after the check was processed. The check was processed 3/26/08, making my regular payment date (or so I THOUGHT) around the 26th of the month- perfect- I could swing that no problem.

I'm a single mom on disability, so it was imperative that the payment date be scheduled according to when I have money in my checking account. My dentists office went above and beyond to set that up for me, and were told by GEMB that doing that wasn't an issue.

Well, the payments are NOT being withdrawn the 3rd week of the month- they're being taken out the FIRST week of the month- usually the same day my rent comes out! This has resulted in my checking account not only being over drawn every month for the last 4 months, but also racking up $35 overdraft fees EVERY FIVE DAYS until I'm able to deposit money in my account. Since May 6, 2008, I've paid $312.00 toward the loan, and $263.00 in overdraft fees and $28 to put a stop payment on the auto-debit preventing them from taking anymore payments. They screwed me so bad this month, my rent that's due TODAY is not going to get paid, and this may well result in my being evicted from my apartment in short order!! These parasites are literally going to cost me everything.

I have called them numerous times, and been told a different story every single time. Most told me I have no say in when the payments are taken out, and there's no way to change the date, one told me I could if I fill out a form- which she mailed to me, and it makes absolutely NO mention about changing dates- it only asks for your billing information (My luck, if I'd filled it out and mailed it back, they'd be taking payments TWICE a month!) My dentists office called them last week on my behalf, to be told "sure we can change the payment date, all she has to do is call us." This after I'd spent literally ALL MORNING on the phone fighting with them to do so, and being told I couldn't. As I said, I put a stop payment on the auto debit preventing them from withdrawing anything else from my account... when I informed the horrible deceitful woman I spoke with I'd done so, she told me "That wont stop us from taking the money. Theres NOTHING you can do to stop those payments from coming out. We WILL take the money out, not only will we take it, but I'll make sure you're hit with returned check fees AND late fees in addition!" Like so many others who've posted here, when I asked to speak with her super, I was told there isn't anyone else I could speak with- she was it. Another woman I spoke with actually told me- verbatim- "your payment is scheduled to come out BEFORE THE DUE DATE." When I repeated that statement back to her, she immediately transferred me to the woman who threatened to not only take the money anyway, but slap me with additional fees.

I've read several of the posts from other infuriated consumers who've dealt with this company, and can honestly say I am scared- REALLY SCARED.. there's no doubt in my mind this is going to get MUCH MUCH worse!! I was absolutely miserable before having all this work done- more miserable than anyone can imagine-- but now I wish I'd just left well enough alone and dealt with my misery... it was far less crushing than what I'm going through now. I have no idea how I'll ever get out from under this mess! These people NEED to be put OUT OF BUSINESS immediately, if not SOONER!! The question is-- where to start?? Do we have ANY options?? ANY recourse against these people??

As I said-- STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY-- do not under ANY circumstances do business with them, or any of their affiliates/aliases!!

• Ka
    Kate Aug 10, 2016

In March 2008, after determining my account balance, I paid off my balance to zero and requested they close my account. I was not late making payments previous to this time nor I was just paying down/off bills. In April I received an email that my new bill had arrived, I went to the website and confirmed my balance was zero and thought, must be when you are on an email billing list you get a bill whether you have a balance or not. In May - I get another email and I ignore going to the website because I know I've paid it off and the balance was zero in April when I checked it. In June I get a notice that my credit has been negatively reported..I say by who? they say we can send you a report...so..it's Care Credit. Sometime earlier than March when I paid my account to zero, they posted another customers payment of $100 to my account. It's not a new charge by me..it's a mistake. Does anyone call me or notify me in any manner that they make a mistake and misposted another customers payment to my account? Nope. But now they have charged me late payments and finance fees, which were waived with the first phonecall to Care Credit. What has me sideways is Care Credit reported me to the three credit reporting agencies. I bet they didn't report the poor ### that had their $100 posted to my account when I asked what my payoff was. I bet the guy at Care Credit who didn't close my account as requested because the service rep didn't want to lose the account on his watch. 7 years this late payment stays on my credit history. I had a 20 minute conversation with a young man who only wanted to argue with me that it was my responsibility to pay my bill monthly. If Care Credit had closed my account as I requested when I paid the balance to zero in March I bet have taken the extra step in some manner to contact me but it is the total lack of integrity that they are able to rescind the negative report and refuse to do so because it never would have happened if they hadn't mixed up my account with someone else. I asked who within the organization had the authority to do so and was advised there is no one..I asked who their director of customer service was. He laughed at me as said there was no such thing.

JAMIE BOWMAN Aug 10, 2016

I HAVE BEEN ON HOLD BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED BY MAIL OR PHONE CONCERNING THE VOLUNTARY REPO I HAD PARTICIPATED IN. THIS BEING MY THIRD ATTEMPT TO CONTACT GE MONEY CONCERNING MY ACCOUNT I AM CURRENTLY ON HOLD AND IT IS NOW AT 1 HR AND 15 MINUTES AND I HAVE YET TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE REGARDING MY ACCOUNT. I THINK IT IS RIDICULOUS FOR SOMEONE TO BE PUT ON HOLD FOR THAT AMOUNT OF TIME AND IT IS MAKING ME EXTREMELY UPSET.
    WHEN I CALLED ANOTHER NUMBER TO SPEAK TO A REPRESENTATIVE ALL THEY DID WAS GIVE ME A DIFFERENT NUMBER TO CALL.

• Ry
    Ryan Aug 10, 2016

I only had got 2000 dollars worth of work done 14 months ago they have got a payment from me ever month some they said was late.I now owe them 2198 and it has been 14 months.The last payment was due on the 5th of September they posted the payment on the 7th which was a sunday.They claim that is when they got the payment but last I checked US MAIL does not run on Sunday.These people are one of the reasons our country is in the shape that it is in no wonder people are losing their homes and the bad thing about this is its not like you went out and got 2000 dollar shoes it was for your health.Lets hope that somewhere the right person will see what their doing and put and end to their cheating.

• Di
    dianne g mitchum Aug 10, 2016

I was called today by GE Money Bank..stating that i was $17.00 late for september payment... i told the agent that i would gladly make the payment but not he late fee as i had not received a bill... he stated to me that not only was there a $29.00 late fee but also another $10.00 added to make the payment..I asked to speak to a supervisor as i was prepared to pay the entire amount due and have 0 balance but was not going to pay the $29.00 so called late fee and additional charge... he stated to me that he would and could arrange additional fees to be added..i was so angry by this time and asked for his supervisor... but he disconnected me immediately... I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and reported this so called JERK! I was greeted by a Ms. Amanda Breland who was very interested in what i had to say and what had transpired with the so called JERK of an agent for GE Money Bank... she handled my complaint and posted my PAY OFF and took off the additional so called "late fee" and in turn told me that my bill had been sent out 9/7 and today is 9/11 and i had not even received a bill..at this time, i thanked her for her attitude and helpfulness in settling this matter for me... she informed me that this incident would be handled in an appropriate manner and i feel that it will be and this JERK Agent will be in the unemployment line and maybe someone like him will be calling HIM for a late fee and payment in a threatening manner in which he deserves... HAHAHAHAHA, what goes around comes around! I hope that anyone that experiences this type disrespect... immediately call back and report the incident and clarify ASAP!!! Also, NEVER deal with GE Money Bank a total RIPOFF!!!

• Wi
    WILLIAM BEACH Aug 10, 2016

I made a $1,300.00 payment in October on my Wal-Mart credit card on time, as always for the past three years. I then made my November payment, early mind you. I then find out twelve dates later, that they have graciously lowered my credit limit for what they state as derogatory information. Thing is, there is absolutely no new information on my credit report How does this happen, and why does America allow people like this to stay in business...

Another Sams Cardholder Aug 10, 2016

Yeah a 10.00 fee to make a payment over the phone. ALL COMPANIES DO THIS. However you represent the worst america has to offer. Credit is a privledge, not a right. Terms and conditions for credit... you are aware that this is a LOAN from a 3rd party financial institution. Yeah sometimes they'll waive a late fee, for a legitimate reason. You are responsible for paying the credit card, not them. Learn responsiblity

• Co
    Concerned Citizen Aug 10, 2016

Fact of the matter is this : You are all little people. This is a major corporation, who finances all big companies, like JC Penny's Dillars, Pay Pal, not to mention this is General Electric, who also own that washer and dryer in your house, or the stove in your kitchen. In the Terms and Conditions of your contract, if you are late 1 day on your bill, you're going to get a 29.00 late fee. Case Closed. Everyone says " who reads the terms and conditions " , well perhaps you should start, because I guarantee you would have never taken the credit card, if you did, or you would have been much more vigilant of when your bill was due. Stop complaining and get out your check book.

0 minutes ago by None None [send email]
    Not only that, you all complain about your due date being changed, AGAIN it's in your terms and conditions. Everything, the small print, the disclaimer is in there for you to read. But no one likes to read the small print, they just go run up the credit card, and then complain when they get late fees, because they didn't pay attention to the due date.

The statement is sent to you as a CURTEOUSY. It says plain as the nose on your face, what your due date is. If it's been changed, so be it, atleast it's at the top of your bill and you're aware of it. They have every right to change anything on the credit agreement, and you SIGNED YOUR NAME to the application allowing them to do so. I mean, this is the company who LOANED YOU MONEY. I believe if I was going to hand out large sums of money, I'd most definately have some say so as to when I can change your payment date, and charge interest, and if you're late with a payment, then I can charge a fee. You people all sound ungrateful, and as if this corporation has personal beef with YOU. It doesn't. The fees are atomatically populated when a payment is late, so even if you have outstanding payment history with them, it's not singling you out personally and putting a late fee on you, to 'be mean'.

Also if you buy an item on promotion, the term 'Same as Cash', and " Deferred interest' , means, yep, there's no interest for whatever amount of time that the promotion calls for. So if you purchase something in Jan and you have 12 months no interest, you don't have to pay anything until Jan, but you better believe that you'll have 12 months of interest tacked on to the full amount of the purchase. That's how companies make money.. The best way to deal with that, is to make sure that you make small payments on the purchase a couple times - so you're not stuck with a huge amount to pay in January. Don't just let it go 12 months with no payment. And then don't complain because you never made a single payment on it for months on end, and now you have a ton of finance charges and can't seem to figure out why.

Tons of people purchase a TV for 12 months deferred, then make several payments on it for a couple months in those 12, so when Jan comes around they dont' have a huge lump sum to pay. Common sense people.

Get over the late fees, and the Finance charges. Pay your bill on time, and off - and you will not accrue any of those nasty charges. Not only that companies usually will waive 1 per year. On top of that, you get angry because you don't recieve a bill and therefore don't pay your bill and accrue charges.
    Since when do you go to Sam's, Run up a bill, and just because you dont recieve a statement, Magically think that the money you've spent - disappears into thin air & all of a sudden, you no longer owe it? I believe if I went to Sam's Club or anywhere and purchased a thousand dollars worth of merchandise, I'd be camping outside my house just waiting for my statement. Ok I know not everyone has that kind of time, but you spent the money, so you know you owe it. How can you possibly forget?

Seriously people. Anytime you enter into a contract of some sort with a company- who GIVES you Money, there's going to be fine print called the Terms and Conditions. Read it, so you don't Weep later.