Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Resolved Don't deal with them

I made 3 payments in one month to pay off my account. My statement showed no payment was due when it came in. I had a tragedy happen in my life that month and did not make a payment. I knew I had a 30.00 balance on my account and would pay it off the next month. I went to go make my payment and they had charged me a 28.00 late payment fee. I contacted the company and they say they do not allow pre- payments. Care Credit Card is not a bargain and I recommend for people to go without than to deal with these scam artist.

• Ro
    Roger Mar 24, 2009

I agree that the this company's customer service (non-exsistant) is one of the worst that I have ever encountered with any business. I have a government purchasing job and I do a hell of a lot of business with online vendors and customer service representatives and I have never, NEVER, run across a company with such a rude, non-customer friendly, in your face attitude towards the very people who keep their butts in business. How freaking arrogant can one CEO and customer service manager be towards their customer's???? It's a damn insult!!!

First Complaint: I made a payment of $225.00 which reflects as "posted to my bank account" on 16 Mar 2009, meaning they have my payment money there. Now, here it is 24 Mar 09 and it still hasn't shown up on my account and these idots are telephoning me because I haven't made a payment, WHAT????. What the hell does the accounts receivable accountant do around there all day? Who the hell is posting the books?? This is totally unacceptable business accounting practicies in my estimation.

Second Complaint: I have tried for 5 days straight to contact GE Money on the phone to pay off the balance and terminate my account with this irresponsible company. It's next to impossible (if not impossible since I've never been able to reach a live person) to get to talk with a customer service person. If someone knows how to get past the damn automated telephone system to talk to anyone, I'm open to suggestions.

Third Complaint: I've tried and tried to login to my account online and the stupid thing say "The information you provided doesn't match our records", Imagine that?? Let's see, my SSN, my telephone number, my date of birth hasn't changed in 50 some odd years, how the hell does it not match their records???? How about unqualified employees doing the data input?

At first I thought I was just getting all steamed up over nothing, then I went to the complaints page and low and behold, there's many more customers experiencing like problems with this company.

This is totally unacceptabel to me as a customer in good standing. This is how people's credit gets stained and their score get dropped. All because some incompetant, uncaring companies like this one think they're too damn good to answer a phone and personaly take care of customers. How Rude can one company be? GE Money obviously doesn't care if they drive away a customer?

I will be paying off the charge I created for the purchase of a new set of tires and then I'm going to cut there damn card in such small pieces that it'll look like sand.

If GE Money cares anything about keeping repeat customers, the first thing they need to do is rip that damn phone system out of the wall and throw it in the dumpster, the second thing would be to fire the customer service manager since they obviously haven't got a clue as to what good customer service is, and get back to the basics of good ol' person to person customer service. And lastly, get rid of the CEO and the accounting manager and get someone in there who is customer oriented.

I highly recommend that if any of you who are considering financing ANYTHING with this company and you have any other alternative at your disposal for obtaining credit for your purchases, use it! Stay the hell away from these people and let their stupidity and their beloved phone answering system sink their own ship.

A Highly Dis-satisfied customer!!!

Resolved Rude people and bad service

My mother has been harassed by GE money for many months now, they just keep adding late charges to her account even after she agreed to a "hardship settlement" with them and apt her end of the bargain. I answered her phone one day when she was at the drugstore and the guy identified himself as calling about her Dillards/Ge money acct. I politely said "She is not here, right now": Where in the F--k is she" he fairly screamed at me. I asked him "What did you just say?" He then said "Did I stutter missy?" and immediately hung up. Really ugly people and horrible unfair service.

• Mi
    missy a Sep 09, 2008

I work for GEMB and cant stop laughing at all the damn compliants, first off, read ur TERMS AND CONDITIONS...save urseflf some stress..if u dont think the card and the company are offering the "best" deal then close the damn acct before u use it. APR is listed in there as well. The best time of my life is when Im at working answering all ur idiots calls, and u say can u waive my late fee, I was on vacation and didnt pay...THATS NOT A GOOD REASON...dummys.
    But hey I guess u dont need common sense to get a card these days..and dont say I was "tricked" into a card and I didnt want one..then say NO...were not holding a gun to y'alls head..
    P.S. mmmhmmm is not a answer learn what yes and no are..
    oh and ahh just a tip dont call in anywhere yelling and screaming threatening all this BS...u wont get anywhere with it..we always notate the ###s account.

• Ha
    haha Nov 30, 2008

I severely doubt this is true. I also work for ge and they would never say "where the ### is she"

• Gr
    Greg3070 Jul 20, 2009

I just had my Chevron/GE Money bank account closed because an automatic payment was declined and a second manually entered payment was declined same month. I called GE Money bank and explaind that this card was linked to a business account and I didn't have control over the money. I assumed (foolishly obviously) that my partners would ensure the gas the company uses would be paid for. They didn't and it got returned. Luckily the account never went delinquet as it was always paid ahead. In fact when it took the automatic payment that would have put in the overpaid status.

After getting the good by dirtbag letter, I called customer service and asked why im being cancelled. they said because you had two checks returned. I said, they were automatic payments and we consider them the same as checks.

Bottom line is, ok, so payments that weren't due were returned. I don't see the big issue with this as long as I paid the account long before it was even due. Then when I explain to them that this card had been put up for business use, and I had foolishly relied on others to take care of financial responsibilities, they said this is a company decision.

I had taken the payment away from the company and was going to pay it from my personal account and get myself re-imbursed from the company. I know it wasn't great having payments returned, but as long as I didn't fail to pay what I agreed to I don't see the problem. Especially after explaining how I wanted to have this business pay the bill since it was using the credit card. Well, apparently GE Money bank will not have their decision affected in any with the facts. I'm not saying this issue should have been ignored, what I am saying is how about listening to the facts and allowing an otherwise good customer to keep buying your product and you making money as long as he can explain why it happened and explains a plan to correct it (IE: put payment agaisnt personal account.)

Well, now I will have a positive account from GE Money bank that says closed by creditor. Funny entry since the account was in good standing except for the automatic on line bill pay stuff.

I hope to never deal with this terd of a bank again. I think there decisions rely way too much on computers and anything to do with real life has no bearing on the facts. Again, I was paid ahead so they lost no money on me. They just figured if a non required pre scheduled on line payment does not go through I was a serious risk.

Good luck GE Money bank. It's banks like this that make me think I'm so glad so many of them lost their tails in the real estate market. I just wish the government would stop using my tax dollars to bail them out of their own mess. Let the banks fold. We will be better off I think.

mad101 Jul 27, 2010

I have great credit and no current open delinquent accounts. GE turned me down because apparently I have a balance of $300 between 5 different credit cards with absolutely no late payments. How in the hell do banks like this expect to prosper when they deny credit to hard working people? This is beyond me. Good luck with your piss poor business ethics.

• Ro
    Robinhood12 Nov 05, 2010

If I had some rude [censor] call me and talk like that I would find him and beat the taste out of his foul mouth. a company like that dont deserve my business, and especially after we the tax payers most likely bailed that looser bank out!

• B4
    b4msmith Mar 07, 2011

I tried calling GE Money Bank today to request the address to send a payment, because I couldn't understand the automated person's voice. When I asked for this information, the rep was very rude.

Lack of customer service and rudeness

I called Care Credit/GE Money to pay my bill because I hadn't been able to do it due to unemployment. She puts me on hold - a lady with such a strong accent it was so difficult to understand her from the get-go. She got back on the line and her tone changed like she was bipolar. I cannot believe the way I was treated and how she yelled when I explained that I cannot make the massive payment they're asking for. I asked for a manager and she declined my request! I couldn't believe how she yelled. I told her that she doesn't know anything about customer service and that they need to hire someone with a more comprehensible accent. That made her angrier, so I had to hang up. I couldn't believe it! Poor, poor, unethical, unprofessional "business".

• Bo
    Bonnie Hill Sep 11, 2008

You are being too kind. CareCredit (GE Money Bank) don't care about anybody but money. My daughter was in the same situation. She lost her job and CareCredit advanced to Dr. Rene Piedra over $8, 000 for dental work. She only had done $3, 000 (which was outrageous) and when we explained to CareCredit that she was unemployed and only had $3, 000 worth of work done, they told us we were responsible, even though they gave Dr. Piedra over $5, 000 for nothing. I filed a lawsuit on behalf of her and then the ### filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. In the meantime, CareCredit obtained a law firm (Zwicker & Associates) who are completely heartless. TO make this short, I had to pay over $4, 000 (using my all of my husband's disability checks) to keep them from taking her to court. Now that its paid off, Zwicker & Associates (Care Credit) still have not given me a letter verifying the settlement was paid off. I have obtained an attorney to protect my rights. So you see, you are not the only one who got screwed over by these people. They need to regulate these companies from taking advantage of people in hardship situations. Hope things work out for you.

• It
    itsyourfault Jan 29, 2009

They are from India. they pay them a fraction of the cost to provide marginal customer service. If i was you ( thank god i am not )
    I would try to get a debt consolidation or settle with a bank loan. these people on the other side of the line are robots. they can care less about your personal needs, yet just as equal is your demise in preventive events. do your homework before you decide to get any type of loan or use of credit line(s). There are so many of you out there with B.S situations that could of been prevented, lack of discipline, focus, self seeking improvement, education, and poor diets contribute to what you deserve in life. i really doubt that anyone lost their job on the grounds of not being their fault in actions. why would you get dental work or other related cost done when you Should of forcast the event of a possible layoff? doest she have savings, cobra? at least this would pick up a percentage and you can deal with them much easier if you planned ahead. All in all, , you got what you deserved. They take advantage of people like you for one reason, your lack of responsibility on your finances. good riddance! now go get more gas for the stove !

Failing to remove my name from CIBIL

As you all know without knowing much about the interest details, these guys make us come to their office and with honey suckled tongue they give all the promises. This was what happened to me around 3 years while I received the loan from these crooks.

I paid the loan for 32 months. Las 4 months i had genuine problems. I explained and told the guys that I would certainly make the payment in full in two months. I did send a registered letter to all their offices. They kept quiet. Meanwhile they demanded twice the amount I owed and gave fantastic reasons. I did bargain and made the payment. This was in 6th Feb 2008.

I got a letter on the spot that the settlement has been made under special circumstances and i would be receiving the NOC shortly.

Guys, I do not understand the word "Shortly".

When you owe an EMI these guys rush in and make a hue and cry for the payment. But when you have paid the amount till last paise, they do not care to send the NOC. They are least bothered. (June 2008) Meanwhile I had to go in for an Education loan. I applied in a Bank and waited for the outcome. They said due to the unsettled Personal loan with GE Money the loan has been rejected. I rushed to GE Money and they calmly said that "Yes. You did not pay the EMIs and hence we had to report to CIBIL."

I requested them for the NOC. After various requests and visits they finally gave the NOC. I do not know how many times I visited their Branch, how many times I called them, how many time I sent an email to them, how many times I sent letters to them...

I also called CIBIL and found that GE Money had sent my name and other details to be published as a defaulter. CIBIL people told that unless they get a letter from GE Money they would not be able to update the details. Till such time my name would show as a defaulter whenever any financial institution checks if I apply for any loan. Even today (29th Aug 2008 - 4.30 pm) I had sent an email to GE Money, asking them to send the updation to CIBIL. They have not sent any updation for the last SIX months it seems.

What the Hell it is? Having paid the amount due to them, its like calling myself as a defaulter till they wish to update. Its ridiculous. I am going to take LEGAL action against GE Money if my loan details are not updated within a week, thats what i have said in the mail. And I am planning to do so.

• Ga
    garry slone Jul 13, 2009

yes because i was done the same way lied to and harrasssed and put insurance on it without me understanding what was talking about so they have done me wrong and need to appologise and give all my money back and make things right by making my credit in great standing

Helpful Information

This is a comment, not a complaint. I used to work for GE Money Bank, but not in the Customer Service Department. I would suggest that if you have a problem that you can't resolve through Customer Service, go to the dealer where you got your product and have them call the department they work with. Often then can help you, but not always. It is worth a try.

• Ni
    Nicholas Sep 29, 2008

GE MONEY BANK IS A TOTAL SCAM WITH PEOPLE WHO DON'T SPEAK TWO LICKS OF ENGLISH!!! AND WTF IS THE ONLINE CRAP ABOUT ONLY SETTING UP AUTOMATIC DEBIT FROM ACCOUNT??? EXCUSE ME, WHAT A ### BANK!!! ALL MY OTHER CREDIT CARDS ALLOW FOR A ONE TIME PAYMENT! I HAVE NEVER BEEN CHARGED FROM OTHER CREDIT CARDS MORE THAN IN THE CONTRACT...I HAVE CALLED AND CALLED AND PUT ON HOLD AND DISCONNECTED...I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BANK...NO WONDER THE COUNTRY IS IN THE CRISIS IT IS...WE NEED TO EMPLOY AMERICAN CITIZENS FIRST!

• Ka
    Karolyn House Oct 15, 2008

GE Money Bank is a large company full of liars, theives and down right ###S! They charge outrageous interest, and getting an actual intellegent person on the phone is impossible. Their customer service is a JOKE! They should all be prosecuted for ROBBING US BLIND!!!

• Li
    Liz1388 Nov 20, 2008

My large institution wants to set up an Amazon credit line account that uses this bank. Amazon cust service couldn't answer all the questions I had and referred me to the bank. The number the dumb guy at Amaz gave me is only for those who already have accounts.

I am having no luck finding a number for this bank for non-customers' questions about documentation samples, auto debit payments from another credit card, etc.

I am always amazed at modern "customer service" where the companies refuse to reveal their contact points. More and more companies just do not want to provide a human to talk to.

• Be
    bewitch Feb 28, 2009

you know just like all banks they have to have terms and conditions the problem is most people dont read those but when ur approved for the credit u agree to them this is common sense of credit cards so when something doesnt go the way you like it to u bad mouth all companies but if u read the term and conditions its all laid out right there saying what will happen and so forth i think all comapanies make bad judgement sometimes but over all u agreed to using the card and so forth if u dont understand what the term mean or say ask someone before u start using that card just because people are stupid or too lazy to read the fine print that is their own fault...

READ THE TERM AND CONDITIONS AND I CAN SAY THAT 98% OF THE PROBLEMS WOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPEN IF U UNDERSTAND THE CREDIT CARD UR USING. USE COMMON SENSE IT GOES A LONG WAY...

Resolved careless interests

To,
manager ge cash card,
newdelhi-110014.

From,
suresh p
no 1380/g 6cth cross 9nth main dr r ajroad srinivasanagara bangalore-560050.

ge money card no =[protected].

Dear manager,
I am suresh p of bangalore is saying you or informing you that I am requesting to you that I am not able to pay the minimum amount of rs. 5620.48. and I am not able to pay the average amount, interest you should make half of this amount because I am very poor. an agent of ge cash card forced me to suscribe for ge cash card. you are rating more and more intertest. hence, please cancel and close the account and show mercy on me!. and give the intimation to me at my shop address and give this cancelling intimation to bangalore head office indiranagar. plz plz help???????. mercy quality is required for every man!

Scammers

This company is a total scam. They charge outrageous fees. Their annual percentage rate is 86.003% that show...

I am glad my application was declined!

After reading all bad comments on GE-Money Bank, I feel very happy that my application to get an Amazon store card (issued by GE-Money bank) was recently declined. I was planning to buy an item from Amazon that costs more than a thousand $ which could be paid in 24 months without any interest. Thus, I applied for the store card via Amazon website. Several days later came a letter informing me of the decision: Declined, because Ge-Money Bank was unable to verify my identify. Bah. At first I felt very bad since I have never been declined any credit application before and wanted to write a complaint letter. Well, I guess I am now happy I did not get the store card. Best of all, I didn't have to spend more than a thousand $ of (perhaps) unnecessary items. I was just curious, however, what in the world Amazon had done in using GE-Money bank to issue their store card???

Bad Business Practices

GE MONEY BANK IS A COMPLETE SHAM! I have a credit score over 850 and yet I was denied a simple Amazon.Com charge card today. I was excited at the prospect of having 24 months to pay for an LCD TV along with a few extra components. After I applied, I received a web page stating I would be notified by mail. I thought there must have been some mistake as I have NEVER been denied credit...EVER. So I call up and reach INDIA of course, and some lady says that something must not have matched my credit report on the application. We run through what they have in their system and it all matches what I put on the application. I'm so concerned that I run THREE bureau reports and everything is fine on all three of my credit reports. I call GE MONEY BANK back and get nasty service, hung up on, and then finally someone willing to help. They tell me that they are trying to push the application through and keep me on hold forever. In the meantime, I'm reading all these negative reports about them and growing more concerned. When they finally came back on the phone, I almost cancelled the application, but thought I would give it a try. They said it needed to be forwarded to application research and to call back in an hour.

I did so and to make a very long story short, after half an hour, the lady helping me said I need to answer a few questions taken from public record to verify the account. The first question? "What is the color of your hair you put on your driver's license?" I have NEVER been asked this before and it caught me so off guard, I actually answered. Until the next questions..."What is the height you stated on your driver's license?" That was it. I was finished. I asked to have my application cancelled right then and there. Seemed WAY TO FISHY TO ME! Has anyone ever been asked this before??

Now I'm seriously concerned that through all this hassle, they have somehow screwed something up and I fear idenity theft. So I'm going to run my reports in two months and every two months after that for six months. I have no idea what these people are doing. I'd say, STAY AWAY!!!

My opinion, if you have the a credit card with a low APR or if you can negotiate, buy stuff that way. All these people on here have been screwed over so bad, they would have been better off putting there purchase on a normal credit card.

Harrassing phone calls

I have been bombarded with calls from GE Money for several months... at least 8-10 calls each day, including Sunday. They start about 8:30 AM and continue throughout the day and well into the evening. Monitoring the calls produced three separate telephone numbers [protected]; [protected]; [protected]. They never seem to want to actually talk to me, as they quickly hang up as soon as I answer. Why?

As far as I know, I have never done business with these people...

• La
    Laurie Oct 01, 2008

Ge Money Bank – Violates Fair Credit Billing Act

FTC fair credit billing act

File a formal complaint with the Federal Trade Commission so they can go after them

• Lo
    looloo Oct 18, 2008

I have been going through the same thing and they never, ever leave a message!! Used to say PRIVATE buy have now changed to several numbers. Why don't they leave message??How stupid are these people??

jagBro9 Jun 18, 2009

I haven't had anything to do with them in more than twenty years and I have no idea why they'd be callng now.

One way to take care of these calls is to email the FCC. Give them your name, address, and a list of when you got the calls.

[email protected]

amazon.com store card denial

I recently applied for an amazon.com store card through GE money back because they had an excellent finacing...

Rip Off

I would love to join in on a class action law suit... This is the biggest scam I have ever seen. I am unemployed and this compnay can't even understand that. If I am one day late they call me and harass me. They called me three times in one day and not once did I speak to a person I could understand. I opened this account back in 2005 when I had dental issues I needed help with and my credit was for $4500.00. Now in July of 2008 I still have a balance of $3596.96. How is this possible you ask? Well they charge me a finance charge that is impossible to comprehend. And every month it changes. I tried closing the account to see if that would make a difference but it didn't. If I could NOT pay this card every month I would but it is in my mothers name as well and I can't ruin her credit. I will NEVER do business with this piece of crap company EVER again. They are frauds and are totally taking advantage of people in desparate situations. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Kt
    KT Aug 19, 2008

You took out the credit now you owe them the money
    sure the terms on loan were bad. Next time go to the dentist
    and deal with them directly, If they won't, change dentists
    carecredit GE has a 12 month interest free plan, as long
    as you don't miss a payment, pay it off in 12months.
    all credit card lenders are sharks the smart way to
    deal with them is to use there money. And don't be a
    sucker.

Overcharging

My loan payment date is the 30th of the month.But the bill is the 25th of the which I m being charged a later fee. I have only paid one true payment for the loan amount. I complained, asked question and tried to be patient. This is a joke . Nobody cares or respects the customer. I m looking to refinance the loan asap.

Thanks GE Money Bank great customer services.

Anna Pfalzgraf Nov 13, 2008

I changed my address 2 months ago. Last month I did not receive a care credit bill. They called me @ work, my cell and my home in the evening. I explained to them about my change of address and how I had not received a statement. The service representative went on to ask if I could make a double payment right then. I answered no, I explained that I would mail my payment in. And I did the next day. I just received a complete printout of my entire account which it said I had requested. NOT! Yes! They did charge me a $39.00 late charge because I didn't receive my statement. I cannot wait to pay this off.

• Cy
    Cynthia Mar 10, 2009

We opened & used our account Novmeber 2006. The amount used was only $2500.00. Granted we made a couple of late payments but good God!!! They took our account from zero percent financeing to 29.99 percent. Most all payments made were more than it needed to be and my rates ae still sky high. It is now March 2009 and I still owe $2427.89. Is there anyone we can contact about this? Most places if you want to payoff drop the interest but not GE Money Bank/ Care Credit. They're4 making over $3000.00 finance charges off of this.

Talamage Jun 06, 2009

GE Money Bank is a big scam of a corporation.I had motorcycle they financed thourgh Honda I always made payment neaver missed one.Then it got late 3 times but they still got the payment.The interest was 9.9% okay reasonable then they started charging 29% interest.Do not use this company they will ### you. I will neaver buy anything made by GE again or ever use any of their services they have lost me as a customer for life.

Talamage Jun 06, 2009

Neaver use GE Money Bank they are rip off and scam company.I had a Honda motorcycle finace with them.I was late 3 time by one or two days.They took my interest from 9.9% to 29% they told me they could do this because it is recreatioanl vehicle.They have only hurt them selve no one else.i will neaver use them again and neaver buy any of their products they have lost me as a customer for good.

Talamage Jun 06, 2009

Screw you GE Money Bank tneaver use them for anything.I will neaver buy anyting wth GE on it.GE ###s the American pubilc

Talamage Jun 06, 2009

Horriable customer service unethical coampny no wondering the CEO and other people are making so much money.They are screwing the American public . Jack Welch CEO no wonder he was making 40 million a year and his retirement another 5 million a year ### YOU GE CORPORATION and ### YOU GE MONEY BANK.

janeg Jul 18, 2010

I used the same dental acesss my son used. It took the 4 or more trips to repair my front tooth that was cracked, she was always overbooked and you sat and waited for her while she was working on someone else. Then she will put the tooth in, then you have to get an xray, take it out get an xray, two trips for a temporary, next time I waited so long for her, I was late for appointments more that an hour and half wait, dont overbook yourself. Then I get a bill for $1747.oo that is a rip off!!! And they can't even get the billing address correct?

• Mu
    mula.guak Oct 04, 2010

[censor] ge money they are putos ...pinches [censor]s. Taking my pesos on the interest

Horrible customer service and downright dishonesty

In August of 2005 my husband and I purchased a 2005 ATV through American Honda AKA GE Money Bank. The original loan was for $7500.00 (give or take a few dollars). By July of 2006 we officially owed MORE than the actual loan amount!! On June 2007 we started hunting around to find a Credit Union to refinance with, I called GEMB on June 20, 2007 to get a payoff amount. We found a CU we liked so on July 9. 2007 while on my way down to get the paperwork filled out and signed, I called GEMB AGAIN to get a current payoff. I spoke to a girl, who hardly spoke english. Before I'd even hung up with her, I was in the new financial institution and as she told me the payoff, I wrote it down and handed it directly to the person at the CU. The young lady that I spoke to at GEMB didn't bother to note in the system that I had called, so there is now no verification that I did!!!

In December 2007 I received my FIRST notice from GEMB stating that I owed them $239 because my payoff was $85.00 short and all the additional was FEES. WHAT?!!! I called and yelled and yelled and yelled and finally who I THOUGHT was a supervisor got on the line and told me that if I pay $144.00 that we would just settle the account and it would be at a zero balance. I then told him that I not only wanted the account zero'd out and closed I wanted my credit fixed for the 90 day late that showed I had when I had not been notified until JUST THEN. He said okay! I made him recap what he was going to do: 1. Zero out the account, 2. Clear up the 3 past due months on my credit. In April the hubby and I went looking for a truck loan. Our credit was pulled and 'Lo! There is that 90 day late STILL AND it shows we still owe them money. I called, and called and called and was never able to get an answer. We disputed it online through Experian and Transunion, to no avail. So today, June 20 (imagine that, exactly 1 year later) and asked to speak to collections. I got a gentleman who told me his name twice but I couldn't understand it to write it down. He said he'd zero out the account and when I asked him about the credit, he put me on hold for 15 minutes and then disconnected me. I called back, went through 25 minutes of entering and re-entering my account number and finally got ANOTHER non-english speaking agent who was rude as could be. I asked to speak to his supervisor and after 10 minutes on hold was transfered to Cheryll, an account manager, who didn't even KNOW the agent whom I had originally spoken to. I had RERUN over EVERYTHING I had already said only to be told "Too bad, you settled the account". I was NOT told by the agent what that even meant!! She also said "We're not fixing your credit, you should have paid on time." I am FURIOUS!!! I called back a third time and when I finally got another non-english speaking agent I said "I want the number to your corporate offices, the president of the company or whoever is higher up than your supervisors or collections supervisors." He wouldn't provide me a number until I gave him my account number. He then gave me the number for consumer installments WHO ARE CLOSED!!! OMG!! Stay as far away from this mess as you can! If you're going to buy something on credit, DO NOT DO IT THROUGH GEMB!!! They are AWFULAWFULAWFUL to deal with and they screw you over!!

I have filed a complaint with BBB.

• Ca
    Carmen Smith Aug 09, 2008

OH MY GOD! When I read your letter I thought it was mine because my husband and I went through almost exactly the same mess with GE ripe off Bank.
    I also want to write the corporate office and complain about the rudest treatment I have ever received. Good Luck and let me know your outcome and I will let you know mine! Sincerely...

• La
    Laurie Oct 31, 2008

It is a violation of Federal lending laws to give you a payoff amount and tack on more fees

YOU MUST FILE FORMAL COMPLAINTS WITH THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION AND OFFICE OF THRIFT SUPERVISIO

• Dn
    dnd702 Sep 02, 2009

The office of thrift supervision is the only people who will get involved. Trying to get even with GE Money is near impossible. The lawyers want $5000.00 up front and $300.00 per hour. Who can afford it?

Resolved No way to contact by phone

I've been on the website for 30 minutes and can't get a single phone number to contact these people. When I clicked on the "contact us" section there is a picture of a good-looking lady with ...a HEADSET!!!

This appears to be an optical illusion, because in order to reach this lovely creature, I would first need a TELEPHONE NUMBER!!! The only way to get that is to take it off of a statement or from the back of a credit card. As it stands, I'm not a customer and don't have either one of those available to me.

I plan on keeping it that way.

• Si
    Sinese Brooks Jul 24, 2008

I have received several letters for pre-approval credit card with Sam’s Club. The letter indicated all I needed was to go into the Sam’s Club, and show my ID card (Sam’s club card & Drivers License) and fill out the bottom portion of the letter. I went into a local Sam Club Store, and I did all that was requested in order to receive the credit card. The customer service representative had to call GE Money for them to speak to me. The representative from GE Money asks me a series of questions. Then he told me that they would send me a letter within a couple of days. I had received the letter and it read “that I was not approve for the credit card because GE Money could not Identify my Identity”. I answer the questions honest and to the best of my ability. The questions were regarding my present and past addresses. I find it strange that I have been a business member at Sam’s Club for years, and I have had a Wal-Mart credit card for years. I also was pre-approved for their credit, and I did not have to go through no one having problems with my identity. Also the letter that GE Money bank sent me, did not give a clear explanation. Also they did not give a contact number or try to contact me regarding my identity.

tagte66 Oct 13, 2008

Maybe this will help. I came across a fraudulent account on my credit report from GE Money Bank. I tried to hunt down their number and after getting really upset. Then I went to the Mervyn's website and found the phone number right there. Go figure.

Saying I called in and closed my account

I hate calling this place! They obviously outsource their customer calls oversees somewhere because their accents make it so hard to understand. They closed my account without me ever asking them to, and they have the gall to say I myself called in when I never did such a thing. They tell me to open it back up, I will have to reapply. Do they actually think I ever would do business with them again? NO WAY!!!

Collections

I submitted an application at Mervyns after buying some clothes for my daughter. The 15% discount sounded...

Business practices

In February 2007, I found myself unemployed for a short-time. Long enough that after a few months I wasn't able to make payments to my debts, almost even losing my house to foreclosure. I finally got a permanent full-time job, making sufficient wages versus the part-time job and temp jobs that I was working. But during those dark times and lack of funds I supplemented my income using Payroll Advance companies, which I got into heavy, up to five loans.

In February 2008, I wrote my creditors explaining the outcome and the need to eliminate my dependency of the Payroll Advance companies. I promised to make a $10 monthly payment, in good faith, till I was out of the Payroll Advance clutches. Aspire Bank discharged my account to zero balance, immediately. The others didn't care less. Then in May 2008, I obtained a loan to pay off my creditors.

Each creditor was connected to settle for a lesser amount in order stretch out the loan money. HSBC was the only company to fax me a copy of the agreement and completely closed my account after receiving the payment. Applied Bank turned me over to a collection agency (PRS) and I was forced to deal them. PRS agreed to a lesser amount but would not fax a copy of it. CitiFinanical submitted a check to Applied Bank for what was listed on my credit report. I was told that by law they are to reissue me the almost $400 difference. I even call PRS again to confirm agreement. The check was sent out to Applied Bank, but they credited the whole amount of the check to my account. Currently have a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office against them.

Washington Mutual also turned me over to a collection agency and they refused to settle for a lesser amount. They did agreed to remove two fees to lower the balance to the amount of the check issued thru CitiFinanical. Again no fax received for agreement, check based on credit report, phone call to confirmed. WAMU is not honoring the removing of the fees to close out my account. Remaining balance of $55.33 not a great amount, but still an agreement was made.

The worst offender, GE Money Bank, they agreed to lesser amount on two of my accounts. No fax received, and when I told them I was recording the phone calls they declined to talk to me. One check was issued by CitiFinancial to GEMB. A large part of the check was to pay off American Car Care Credit and the balance applied to Care Credit. I sent a personnel check to Care Credit for the remaining balance. Both checks were overnighted, received and signed for by due date. Both checks cleared the banks four days later.

GEMB insisted they have not received any payments. Copies of the cleared checks were faxed to them as proof of payment. They have finally stated that they did receive the CitiFinanical check, but not my. And I not sure at this time if they are honoring the agreed lesser amount. I have filed a complaint against GEMB with the OTS Consumer Response Center in Washington DC, which when I tell GEMB this they don't seem to care.

Thank you for allowing me to express my grief. This is the first media that I have contacted, but plan to contact more and hopes to inform others of Consumer Awareness.

• Cl
    Claire Forsyth Jul 12, 2008

Yes GE Money as it's known in little old New Zealand is indeed a shoddy outfit. The left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing, they make unrealistic threats, cannot think outside the square, will not negotiate or be flexible and they have arrived in NZ and are slowly but surely taking over almost all the consumer finance companies and this is a concern. I have no problem with these guys expecting and getting their money but I do have a problem with business ethics and reputation. The professionalism of this company in NZ anyway is almost laughable if it wasn't for the people they are dealing with. I asked for a 2mth payment holiday after which time I would pay the entire loans I have with them off completely thus being much earlier than required. I was rewarded with accusations and a repo letter. It is these kind of finance companies that I would love to take to task and it is the reason I have decided to retrain as a lawyer and deal to these kind of companies on behalf of the unsuspecting little guys!! Good luck to everyone who deals with them, you will need it! Better still go without and dont fall into their trap!

Debenham's store cards.

Ge Money is the company which controls the financial operations of store cards issued by the Debenham's stores in the UK (slogan: "Debenham's - the UK's Favourite Department Store").

Debenham's is a reputable retailer selling good / high-quality /good value merchandise of all kinds. But their reputation is tarnished somewhat by the problems that some customers - myself included - have had with errors / miscalculations on their store card accounts. Closed accounts left open; a refusal to answer letters sent to their "Head of Collections" (an "A. Hall" - Man? Woman?); letters sent to customers containing theats of legal action; intimidating phone-calls to customers at week-ends; and so on. All features of the GE house-style of business. Is it incompetence? Dishonesty? You decide. Either way, the customer loses out.

GE Money's name in the UK is not good - check out a Google search of (say) "GE Money" dishonest; or "GE Money" scam - and a clear picture emerges.

Debenham's (and other reputable retailers) must, eventually, realise the damage that GE are doing to the reputation of their stores' cards, and act accordingly by severing links with them. The retailers - and their customers - deserve better.

Seb.

• Le
    lee smith Jul 29, 2008

ge money send me a gold deb card, and they aint sent me a statement, instead they get there heavies to phone me up, so i pay, and then they charge me 4 not paying in time.send me a fn bill so i can pay each month, the yanks r still trying to rule the world, i suppose its one way to get the credit crunc away, charge everyone with late charges... go usa

• To
    Tom Kelly Sep 07, 2008

Below are posts that I made to another blog that may show you how much I agree about G E Money...

#

3. tom Kelly | January 28th, 2008 at 5:33 pm

I agree that GE are difficult. I received my first statement for my new Debenham’s Card and paid it within a day or two. I used the card over Christmas, and last week received my statement that showed that I had not paid my last statement. When I checked, it turns out there was a second statement that didn’t reach me. I was away on business for a week and my home received constant calls from GE. Today, first day back in work, I phoned Debenhams card services. They were extremely helpful. Apologised about the error, removed the interest charge and took my payment there and then. I am now in the clear with them, but I have highlighted to them that whilst I am very happy to shop in Debenhams, I will never consider using my card again as long as they use GE Capital as the issuer. As an aside, I had a car loan with GE Capital many years ago, and at that time I said never again. Now, I really mean it. They lay on charges and fair play to them if they get away with them. They just won’t have a chance with my hard earned cash in future.

#

9. Tom Kelly | September 7th, 2008 at 7:20 pm

My saga continues… After closing my Debenham’s Account, with much discussion to Debenham’s in Henry Street telling them about my disappointment… I started to receive letters months later from G E Capital saying that I continue to owe them money. I telephoned and was told by the customer services person that this was in error, I didn’t owe money and he would sort it. I then received a second letter… I contacted the Financial Services Ombudsman who asked me to write for explanation to G E Money. I did so, and was told that due to an audit in June it was discovered that they didn’t charge me enough when closing my account… This was despite sending me a cheque for overpaying the account. I am now sending more correspondence to the ombudsman’s office and would encourage anyone reading this with issues with G E Money to do so… They cannot be allowed to continue to treat clients like this in the name of Debenham’s

maz Sep 14, 2008

I agree. I have been late with payments and suffered the same carry on with phone calls all the time. I was busy and never in as my father was in hospital. I now need advice as I have been advised that on my credit file I am showing as having missed 3 months payments with my debenhams account - this was when I opened the account and I did not know that it was time to pay as I did NOT receive any statement. I actually contacted THEM to say I still have not paid anything. How do I sort this out, will they amend this as it is clearly damaging my credit status.

• Di
    Dianah Nov 02, 2008

I have similar experience. Cancelled my Debenhams card in January. Was told on the phone that I would receive no further correspondence regarding the account. All was fine til June when I received a statement with balance of £35 for card protection. I know that I should have cancelled the card protection with the insurers but my argument is that NO 3rd party should be able to reactivate a closed account without my consent! The payment should have been refused and the the 3rd party then could take up the issue with me. It seems it is in fact impossible to close a Debenhams Account cos they will just reactivate it if someone asks them for money!!! Ihave since had to pay interest and account cover charges! Not happy and they have been unhelpful. Hoping the Ombudsman will help me out with complaining!

• Mo
    mozzer Dec 02, 2009

i bought after shave from debenhams in end of july. and the spray has stopped working. took it back only to be told they cant exchange it with out a reciet, i am a student dont have much money.
    tony

• Mo
    mozzer Dec 02, 2009

i bought an after shave from debenhams jean paul gauliter summer . and the spray has stopped working took it back and they would not exchange it with out a receipt i now have nearly fall bottle i cant use.

Horrible Customer Service

I am writing today to advise you of recent events that have taken place with GE Money Bank that has led to me being a very dissatisfied customer/account holder. To help you gain a better understanding of my frustration I would like to lay the foundation for you. My wife and I are in the process of closing on a new home at the end of this month.
As a result our loan officer recommended that we reduce our debt to income ratio, to increase our overall FICA score with the underwriter. On April 15th we posted an online payment in the amount of $4834.27. Once the payment was posted we provided documentation to our loan officer at Southwest Funding showing that the payment had been posted. The next day April 16th, we printed a receipt from your website indicating that our new loan balance was $1900.

On Thursday, April 17th we received a call from the loan officer indicating that we had a major problem with the GEMB account. The issue at hand was the account number on our monthly bill, and the online receipts was not the same number reported on my credit report. As a result we contacted GEMB immediately this day to see if we could get this issue resolved urgently.

I do not have the name of the first young lady we spoke with on the 17th around 4pm, however she should be given an award for the way she handled the situation. This young lady spoke with me and my wife as we explained the situation to her. She confirmed that she was in an inbound call center, and needed to get a supervisor on the line. During the call the following parties were represented (loan officer, underwriter, me and my wife and the representative from your company).

A supervisor by the name of Carol came on the line, and we inquired if she could fax something over to us indicating the two account numbers were linked. Carol confirmed that she was not able to fax or e-mail any account numbers over the phone. We asked if any special concession could be made due to the error, and the substantial payment that was made. Carol was not very effective in getting this done and appeared irritated that we would make such a request. We then requested that she send something overnight to us, to send to underwriter. Carol indicated that if we would pay for it she would send it to any address we wish. My loan officer EJ Bermudez with Southwest Funding provided her with a FEDEX account number to send the written letter for next day delivery, since regular mail would take too long as she had previously confirmed. Carol confirmed that it was 5pm and FEDEX, had picked up their last delivery for the day and would send it the next day. Although we were not happy with that response, what else could we do at that time but pray that she does what is requested on Friday, April 18th.

On Saturday, I received a call from the loan officer that the package was not delivered. I then attempted to contact GEMB, and was not successful in getting through. Today I contacted GEMB at 9am (CST), and kept calling until I was able to reach a representative at 11am (CST). My wife was on the call with me as we spoke with a young lady by the name of Elizabeth. She confirmed that she needed verbal authorization to speak with my wife who was on the call as well. I gave her this confirmation and she was not very helpful with my wife at all. Elizabeth kept speaking to me over my wife as if she was not on the call. My wife explained to her that we were trying to obtain a tracking number, since the package was not delivered as requested. Elizabeth confirmed that she had no record of a tracking number, but did have record that it was sent out on Friday. At that time my wife asked her if she could speak to Carol, and Elizabeth confirmed that she did not know who Carol was. My wife then asked to speak to a supervisor, in an attempt to get some kind of help to resolve this issue.

Elizabeth confirmed that due to the high call volume she could not get a supervisor on the line. My wife emphasized how important and urgent this was, and stated she would not release the line until she was able to speak with a supervisor. At that time Elizabeth confirmed that she would not get a supervisor on the line, and could not keep her waiting any longer. Then she turned the conversation to me, and stated Mr. Edmond I will have someone call you back and requested a call back number.

Please help me understand how it so important to GEMB to answer the calls of customers, but you can not help a customer that is currently on the line. Please help me understand how you are not willing to get a supervisor/manager on the line in this urgent situation. Again my wife refused to get off the line and stated she had been waiting for 35 minutes, and was willing to wait longer for a supervisor. At that time Elizabeth said thank you for calling and hung up on us.

Furious for being hung up on, we called back immediately and were not able to get through the line. After several call back attempts, I finally held on for 45 minutes and spoke with a young man named Brandon. At that time I explained to him that I needed to speak to a supervisor and why. Again, I was told I could not speak with a supervisor, and that someone would call me back due to high call volume.

The day has come to a close on Monday and not only has no one from your company called us back, we still have not received our package or tracking number. My primary issues with your company and your representatives are:

1. GE Money Bank in error failed to report the correct account number to the credit bureau. Had the correct number been reported we would not have had the issues above.
2. Carol could not make any special concessions due to your company’s error with the credit bureau to get a letter to us. Surely something else could have been done that day, and she could have gone the extra mile for a customer just once.
3. Elizabeth was very rude and refused to help us in anyway, as she totally disregarded my wife and hung up on us. Since when did we start hanging up on customers?

Please know that this behavior is unacceptable and my wife let her know this, and as a result we have decided to escalate this issue. At this point we will more than likely not be able to close on our home Friday, April 25th due to your companies error with the credit bureau. As a result we have to suffer for an error that had nothing to do with us as card holder. However, had it been the other way around and not made payments that would have been reported to the bureau immediately. In addition I am sure someone from GEMB’s outbound collections center would have been blowing our phone up.

My current balance is $1900 which I plan to pay off very soon. Please know that I plan to report this to the Better Business Bureau, and do not plan to do business with the company going forward. It is very clear to me as a card holder that they just in in the business of answering calls, but not actually helping customers in need.

A very disgruntled dissatisfied customer,