Woodforest National Bank Logo

Woodforest National Bank

Having problems with Woodforest National Bank?

Woodforest National Bank Customer Service Contacts

1877 968 7962 (Customer Service)
+1 832 375 2000 (Houston)
+1 888 247 4204 (Check Verification)
25231 Grogan's Mill Road
SunClosed
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7889, The Woodlands, TX 77387-7889

Locations

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Woodforest National Bank Customer Service. Initial Woodforest National Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Woodforest National Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Woodforest National Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Woodforest National Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Woodforest National Bank Complaints & Reviews

Jan 20, 2021

Woodforest National Bank — Checking

Over the last 4-5 months, I have certainly found discriminatory behavior to exist at the Niagara Falls branch...

Jan 05, 2021

Woodforest National Bank — Overdraft fees & unauthorized release of funds

woodforest overdraft fees are rediculous!!! everytime i check my account i'm being charged overdraft fees or...

Woodforest National BankDeposit account

I need assistance as Ive done my own research and found that what Woodforest is doing is unfair banking practice.

The financial industry is heavily regulated and Woodforest is not following those guidelines by holding my deposit.

In addition to that I previously worked at a bank for 4 years. I still communicate with peers from the bank. I contacted the Asst VP of the bank and asked him if this is something that you're able to do and he quickly advised me no and if you continue to make me "prove" why a deposit is warranted without a reason to doubt collectability I am free to contact the below agencies and he would be glad to assist me with doing so

I can report the bank to the
federal reserve,
Federal Financial Institution Examination Council
Consumer Finance Protection Bureau
ArbitratioIn
Better business bureau
ABC 7 I-Team
And finally an attorney- with fees paid by you

I have read multiple complaints about Woodforest not allowing African Americans access to their unemployment money and now attorneys are monitoring the complaints and contacting those complaining directly. There are complaints on your site that you're only requiring these additional steps from people of color.

The identity has been confirmed and what was requested has been provided.

It is illegal for you to hold a direct deposit and choose to conduct an investigation on funds that the issuing party didn't request upon payment being issued.

You guys are racial profiling, violating my rights as a consumer and completely disregarding the fact that the financial industry has regulations and violation if those rights can result in high fines and penalties to be paid by the bank.

Please contact me so the funds you're holding can be released.

• Woodforest National Bank's response · Jan 06, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent experience. We'd like to take a closer look into what happened. Please send an email to [email protected] with your contact information.

Woodforest National BankBank in General and Customer Service

I moved to Texas the first week in December from Phoenix, AZ. I have a small business and I lost it due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. I unfortunately had to file for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. I have been waiting for the State of Arizona to process my unemployment benefits and built up back pay. Due to the fraudulent activity of some people, the process took so long that I became homeless in the process. I had to move with family to Texas. I opened a new bank account, changed my ID, and address so that if I were lucky enough to get a job, I would not have any issues.

I finally received my deserved back pay from the State of Arizona on 12/14/2020, just in time for Christmas! Due to the color of my skin, the person in branch wanted to know why I was receiving such a large amount (roughly $4300, not a typo! Not $43, 000, $4300!!!) and I needed to "prove" to them where it came from! I sent the award letter from the State of Arizona, showed the transactions, provided my identification, which matched the deposit from the State of Arizona. After being refused Corporate Office number by the employees, and even who governs the bank, I was told that I need to research the information myself. The "supervisor" that we talked to told us that the funds would be returned and my bank account closed for fraud because I was having "fraudulent deposits" sent to my account and it is not her fault that I am being fraudulent! HOW INSULTING and DEFAMATORY! This is a disgusting way to be treated by this bank simply because I had to move from my home state to live with family. She also told me that it would take roughly 2 weeks for them to return the electronic debit back to the State of Arizona. It did not take them 2 weeks to get my money, now I have to wait because they have made an incorrect assumption about me and my account.

I need for the bank deposit to be returned to the State of Arizona IMMEDIATELY! Not 2 weeks from now ! My Christmas is already ruined for me and my children!

• Woodforest National Bank's response · Dec 17, 2020

Wood Forest BankHolding my money for over 90 day with no communication

My account is being held through an unknown fraud investigation. I have a small business and I submitted all of the necessary documents and I have called and keep getting the run around and excuses. I was given some lame excuse that they are trying to protect me with this approach. Its now been 3 months and I am still getting the run around about my money, This is feels like I'm being racially profiled due to my account being held for this long period of time and I have missed out on business due to this situation. Please release my funds immediately so that I can continue to take care of my family during this pandemic.
      I can be reached at [protected]

Oct 21, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — Regional management in indiana

I worked for Woodforest National Bank in Indiana for 4 years. It has gone from bad to absolutely terrible...

Sep 26, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — Close of my account

I experience unfair, deceptive and abusive practice. I was threatened by Justin and my consumer account wa...

Woodforest National BankStolen card

I dropped my debit card in star bucks someone stole my card and then continued to use it all day spending almost all my savings in my checking account almost 2, 000 dollars I called police n made report Its not fair I really hope I get my money back in really terrified and so upset I don't know why someone can use credit for insane amounts with out even asking for a zip code nothing I wish the bank would of least sent me alert I never imagined someone could pick up my card and use it I'm lost for words that was way to much money to loose

Woodforest National BankDeath of account holder

My father recently passed on May 30, 2020. I was present when he opened account and he listed me as beneficiary. I have presented death certificate and state issued I'd (expired) they won't except Id. I have tried renewing I.D. online but have to do in person. D.P. S. is only doing limited services due to Covid 19 pandemic and earliest appt date for me is in September 2020. I have my certificate of birth, my S.S. card, and proof of residentcy and notarized documents giving me power of attorney. I have funeral expenses, living expenses. and Bill colecters. There has to be an exception to this rule. This is so wrong.
          J. Price in San Antonio.

• Woodforest National Bank's response · Jul 10, 2020

We hear your frustration. We'd like to get a few more details. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your contact information, so we can reach out?

Woodforest National BankMoney order & unlawful withholding of information

I purchased a money order ( #[protected]) to settle a judgment claim of $533 dollars against me by my former landlord In Oct 2018, which he has cashed however he did not send notice of this to the court in question, on a recent check of my credit score I discovered that it was showing up there, I approached them for proof of encashment so as to prove to the court that met my obligation, and they insisted that because he was their customer they cant provide me with proof because it would share the details of there customer, I even told them to give me a letter simply stating that that money order had been encashed they refused saying that my purchase of the money order was enough proof, this is a clear abuse of my rights since and a show of significant bias to there customer.
            All I need is for them to fulfill their obligations to me which to simply confirm that the money order has been cashed,

Ololade Ojomo

• Woodforest National Bank's response · Jun 19, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about this. Please email us if you need any further assistance.

Apr 17, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — Unethical behavior

04/16/2020 I have a complaint about the branch manager Indigo. She was very rude and nasty to me when I wa...

Mar 02, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — Employee theft and cover up

An employee at the Woodforest Bank in Waynesville, NC decided to steal my brothers identity as well a...

Woodforest National Bankchecking

i transferred money from my direct express government debit card to Wood forest they held money then returned it after 3 days and said I was in default and started charging overdraft fees even though they accepted money to fix overdraft. so I sent money again and funds transfer was successful but they returned it again and charged more overdraft fees then they closed my account and reported to credit even though my account should have been positive by several hundred dollars.

I changed banks and transfers are no problem at new bank. Woodforest owes me money back and remove negative credit reporting.

Jan 25, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — fraudulent charges on my debit account

Over five days ago I noticed a fraudulent charge on my debit account from a different city at a gas station...

Jan 13, 2020

Woodforest National Bank — I am complaining about customer service and they company has a whole

My husband and I have a joint account and I had my own account. Well I lost my job and my account was closed...

Woodforest National Bankpending transaction

I bought my son a Xbox live subscription on his Xbox one and my card was saved to it and he not aware that my card was save he bought some games that I didn't authorize him to do I wanna cancel those transactions for Microsoft billing on my woodforest account pending transactions so I am hoping you guys can cancel them cause it took money out my account that I had for my bills

• Woodforest National Bank's response · Jan 13, 2020

Please contact our Customer Care Department at [protected] or contact your local branch. Find your local branch’s number at http://woodforest.com/WFNB/Locations

Woodforest National Bankbank processes

If you like an antiquated, slow, unresponsive bank with technology from the 90's, then sign up. Almost nothing can be done online. They hold funds longer than needed. Go with a big bank and get everything you need done, when you need it. I have had interactions with this bank since 1998 and nothing has really changed. Tried to get a debit transaction disputed, they sent the form as an attachment, the attachment was corrupted, they transferred me to a person, left a message, never heard from them.

Dec 21, 2019

Woodforest National Bank — debit fees in hole

Woodforest has charged me fees and let my count go down to zero and now I'm six hundred and something dollar...

Dec 15, 2019

Woodforest National Bank — bespoke post new york ny

I don't know this company and didn't make a charge for this company if you will you please remove this from...

Dec 13, 2019

Woodforest National Bank — money orders purchased and accidentally destroyed

On August 6th 2019 I purchased two money orders. One for $50 and one for $10. They were accidentally burned...