Menu
GE Money Bank
reviews & complaints

GE Money Bank
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

315 complaints
175 resolved 140 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of GE Money Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
I
3:39 am

GE Money Bank - They're a hot mess

So I have a credit card with GE money that I opened through Sleepy's while buying a new mattress. I called the 800 # because I went onto the website to change the billing address and to set up direct deposit but I needed some addtional information. As of today it has been 24 hours and I needed an account # obviously for the website which they said they should have within that time at Sleepy's. The problem is when I call them they don't understand fully and can't seem to speak much English. That's fine, everyone is entitled to a job, but after 3 times of asking if I could have the account number for the website it was a little over the top so I said nevermind. So when I do eventually get the bill I hope, which it should, have the account # because I'd really like to pay it and definetly not screw my credit. Has anyone had credit with GE money? They also said I have 0 interest for 12 months which I will have it paid off by then if not before, but I really want to get everything set up on the website so I know it's done. How long do I wait till I see the bill in the mail?

Mar 30, 2011 2:58 am

Thank you. I will send an e-mail with any further questions I have when I recieve the bill.

Mar 29, 2011 3:31 pm

You have a loan with them, is there anyone at the call center you've spoke with that was helpful or a little easier to understand? This is my first credit card so I want to know if this company is legit and they aren't out to milk me.

Mar 29, 2011 4:29 am

Ok well I got it situated so this was pointless, oh well.

Mar 29, 2011 3:58 am

I did, they said I get the bill in about 7-10 business days. I guess they can't give the account # over the phone, they just better have the balance right. I had available credit of $3, 000 and I put $699 on it. According to Sleepy's they don't charge interest for 12 months so hopefully everything checks out good. I want to just pay it asap with no problems, I was just trying to build my credit up.

Mar 29, 2011 4:43 pm

It sounds like your question regarding your GE Money account has been resolved. However, should you still need assistance, we'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number
- Reference code DM 032911_s

For your security, never include account numbers in email.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Money

11:06 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Late fee $35.00...Sunday due dates...Payments processed saturday ...no payments processed sunday. My bank pays and it takes 4 days till processed. Have called multiple times regarding this problem. The usual result...I am left helpless with charges of $49.81 ...the late fee and $14.21 interest. My payment of $100.00 results in only $50.19 applied to the balance. My APR is 26.99%...Someone has got to stop this slavery..

8:19 am

GE Money Bank - Gross negligence and incompetence by customer service

GE Money Bank has hired customer service representatives that do not know the answers to your case. They also have managers that are just as incompetent. Did you know that when I spoke to GE Money Bank customer service representatives on the 16th day of March, 2011 that I was told that GE Money was not a member of the FDIC. I was also told that GE Money did not have a Complaints Division with which to file a complaint. I was told any complaint had to go through the customer service supervisor.

I was given three different stories regarding my interest rate. Two of those stories came in the same phone conversation with a customer service manager named Dennis.

If a customer service representative of GE Money Bank does not even know what the FDIC is or when both the representative and manager deny that GE Money is a member of the FDIC, and when a customer service rep and manager cannot even adquately determine the reason for the interest rate on an account, you should be concerned as the consumer! If GE Money Bank cannot even answer these simple questions, what else are GE Money employees not telling you?

Visit my Facebook Group "GE Money Bank Ruined My Life" and join the group. Learn about my story, and share yours as well! Some people bow down to multi-million dollar banks like GE Money. Some people will feed you stories about you being wrong. These are the same people that vainly proclaim that the bank can never be wrong. These are the same people that blindly accept fidelity in a bank that lacks fidelity.

4:19 pm

GE Money Bank - Care Credit screwed me

I will post this everywhere I can continually until this is changed. already posted several places today. I will be filing with BBB as well.

I used this Care Credit account for a couple years. They were always happy to increase my limit when i needed it. I hit hard times and had to relocate. I missed three months of payments getting back on my feet and they increased my interest to 29.99%. I was told that if I made six months of payments on time that they would lower my payment. They never did and after speaking to them they are not interested in lowering my account interest, they canceled my account and said basically your screwed by us. This place is out to jack people around to rape them of their money once in the door. DO NOT USE THIS BANK NOR WOULD I USE CARE CREDIT WHO FINANCES THRU GE MONEY BANK!

1 comment

I have two debt cards one is GE money and the other is green-dot. I own my own business don't know what i was thinking i had my fess direct deposited into these cards from my clients and now they have a block because they said that two many different deposit are coming with different names. I don't think should matter due to the fact that these accounts are coming from the IRS. Can any one help me. They asked me to fax over my ID and SS card and letters from all my clients stating that they gave permission to withheld fees and to have it notarized i did ask they ask and now they are wanting my clients ID and SS cards. I don't think so. Its alot of money that is involved it also have to do with my refund they won't unblock. Please can any one help?

7:36 pm

GE Money Bank - Interst Charges and Proceedures

It's unfortunate Amazon.com chose to use GE Money to create an "Amazon.com Store Card" as their credit card - and their preferred card which they feature before other traditional card options such as VISA and Master Card. While offering deferred interest charges on major purchases where the dollar amount of the item plus other criteria are met the terms of the buyers agreement with GE Money are well hidden in a myriad of small legal print.

The most egregious -and easily overlooked - from the second you make a purchase using this card you are being changed interest vs. using VISA, etc. which most all provide a grace period for payment before they begin adding interest charges to your account.

Using this store card of Amazon's is a prime example of buyer beware or be prepared for a shock when you see your GE Money/Amazon monthly statement on any item not eligible for deferred charges. If you follow any of the CC complaints posted in many places on the Internet you'll quickly note GE Money's poor reputation when it comes to dealing with consumers who use their services.

3 comments
Jul 20, 2011 12:56 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

After I posted my complaint tonight, I called a different GE Money person at [protected]. During our call - she connected with the collections department, then came back on the line - and told me not to expect any more collections calls.

She furthermore refunded my late fee - she didn't have to do that, but that was pure gravy.

She said that the adjustments she made tonight would show on my next statement. She sounded really nice and professional; give it a try.

(I got the info from https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/search.do?searchCriteria=top#Contact_Us)

Feb 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Just recently got off the phone with Amazon/GE Money about an interest charge that was charged to my account. Ive paid double the amount on my account each month and yes its suppose to be an interest deferred option with the Flat Screen I purchased, providing that I exceed the monthly minimum. Well, the lady I spoke with promised to wave the fee after giving me an amount that I need to pay to avoid interest. My thing is this: Why would they have a minimum payment amount showing on my account that would result in me having to pay interest in the first place? Remember, I made my purchase under the deferred interest offer and I also exceeded the that minimum payment. I'm started to get a little concerned about this account. Not too professional GE Money Bank.

Feb 21, 2011 1:56 am

oh well.

E
4:45 pm

GE Money Bank - Send my bill late and charge extra fees

I am so sick of getting my bills late and only having 12 to 15 days to pay a bill. The billing cycle is supposed to be 31 days and I get a bill on the 9th or 11th and see the bill due on the 23rd or 25th. Is that 31 days? I don't think so! My bill has gone up over $200.00 in 6 months because of the $35.00 late fees. This company is B.S. and I am ready to quit paying my bill put a comment on my credit report and see if they have the balls to come after me. I doubt it they are a scam and should be forced out of business.

D
Feb 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Please help in Stopping the unethical business practices.
Send your complaint to the regulator for GE Money Bank. the Texas Office of the Consummer Creditors Commissioner gave me the information on whom to contact.
The the Office of Thrift Supervision: http://www.ots.treas.gov/
The form to fill out and fax or email as attachment with your signature is in
Their email is
[email protected]

The GE corporate office to write is:

Vice President
GE MONEY
4246 South Riverboat ~ Suite 200
Salt Lake city, Utah 84123
DebbiePearl

8:49 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I unfortunately had the experience of having two credit cards under GE Money Bank and lost a lot of money because of them. First of all, they practice predatory credit. They charge OUTRAGEOUS interest. Also, they change around due dates to confuse you in order to charge you late fees. They also add interest to their late fees. They have incompetent customer...

12:23 am

GE Money Bank - Hunter douglas

I signed up for a GE Money credit card on July 10, 2010 at a Hunter Douglas window covering store. I have been making regular payments on the $5, 520.72 that I borrowed. I had $500 left on 1/13/11 when the protional period expired. I knew that the $500 would get charged 29.99% interest but I planned to pay it off at the end of January. I had no idea that I would get charged 29.99% deferred interest for the past six months on the entire $5, 520.72. I have never heard of credit cards like that. Granted there was language on the credit card bill that referenced "deferred interest", but I had no idea what that meant. I now owe an additional $707.10. They do not have a dispute process. They stick to the fact that it was on my bill that this would happen. How horrific! I now feel like I should warn others about this predatory lending and it's new and unclear language. As consumers the best we can do is warn eachother about what products and services to avoid. Everyone AVOID GE MONEY like the PLAGUE. They are evil.

3:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I do not answer their calls as I have never done business with them. They call 5-10 times a day, from 7:55 AM to 8:00 PM. The call leaves no message. This is just wrong. I choose not to be solicited.

G
7:32 pm

GE Money Bank - they lost in court,they lie to eqafax

ge money bank lost a disputed account a couple years in 07 in joliet for the amount of $3664 dollars w care credit, and keep lieing to the credit experian equafax and trans union. they call my house under 1800 service herrassing me of this disputed account joliet let me disputed, help what can i do i have allerts on all files.

Nov 18, 2010 7:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I don't like those credit card offers either, but the achieve card
is not a credit card. It is only a debit card. It is different from
the achieve card in the following ways.
The Direct Express card that Social Security checks can be directly deposited in works just like a bank and the only ones
who can Direct Deposit in this account is the Social Security Administration and only Social Security Checks: Retirement
Checks, Social Security Disability Insurance Checks (SSDI) or
Social Security Income (SSI) can be deposited into the Direct
Express into the debit Mastercard. You do not have to deal
with any numbers like routing ect with this card because when you sign up only the Social Security Administration
has that information because it is only they who can Direct
Deposit into the Direct Express Card. Also, no other kinds of
deposits can be put into a Direct Express card but Social Security direct deposits from Social Security Administration
itself. You can use this debit Mastercard for any thing you wish and anywhere. You can use it to pay bills, etc. You can
go on their website and see your deposits and things that you
purchased/dates purchased/to whom purchased or paid. ATM
WDs can be made as well with it. It is no different than banking at a regular bank but for the exception that if the cardholder spends all the money in it and tries to make a purchase or pay a bill with it without enough money to cover
it then the card purchase/payment is invalid immediately, thereby not having to pay an exorbitant fee for making a mistake because you are busy working part-time or other things that keeps you busy. No human is perfect. We all make
mistakes, but I don't believe we need to be charged $33.00 for
1 mistake. Thereby, taking food out of our mouths. That is the
beauty of the Direct Express Card. When it is out, it is out! No
fees to pay, just rejection of the card to be honored if enough money is not in there.
The achieve card never sent me their card. I was looking for
one like it for my employer to put my payroll check into it each pay period by direct deposit. It does have a Routing number, Account number ( the last 10 digits of the Mastercard
debit), and a Direct Deposit number. It can do all other things
that the Direct Express Card can do, but it takes cash deposits
and direct deposits if the owner of the card wants them put in
directly. I think I would use the Direct Express card for directly
depositing my Social Security checks though. You can go to
WalMarts, Walgreens, and CVS Pharmacies to put money into
the achieve card. Sometimes, I think, it Can take 2 to 3 days
for the deposit to reach your achieve card, but in that case
you give explanation to whom you need to pay and they won't
really mind. If you don't call and make those arrangements with creditors/utilities, etc., that is when they really get uncooperative with you. They just want to be informed of why
you have to be 2 or 3 days late. Sometimes, the deposit goes in
on the same day. Sometimes not. This is with the achieve card.
Not the Direct Experess card. Direct Express Direct Deposits go
in the same day they are suppose to go in. Just as if you had a regular bank account. Again, though, Direct Express only takes Social Security direct deposits and no other kinds of deposits of any kind either. You can use your card anywhere though.
Both the Direct Express Card and the Achieve Card are FDIC
insured. This means that your monies in the card are insured
in case someone uses your card and takes money out of it or it
gets stolen. Both cards have a number or option on the keypad
to call if the card gets stolen. As soon as one notices it is even misplaced they should call and have the card(s) invalidated
and it just takes a few days to get a new one with a different
number on the card back to you. If you don't delay in reporting the card missing or stolen, that goes for bank accounts or any cards of debit or credit cards, you will get your
new card most of the time in about 7 to 10 working days.
People delay too long when they realize that their card is missing or even maybe have been misplaced. That is why it
gives criminals time to figure out the account number whether it is a card from a regular bank or any other card or
check from a bank account as well.
It is a toll free number for all cards and/or local number if it
is a bank you bank at in your town. Even they have a toll free
number you can call to report immediately your missing or stolen card(s) and/or checks. Thus, both the achieve card and
the Direct Express card has the same also.
I hope this has helped some people. I know most of us know all
of that, but sometimes we don't practice it. Thereby, letting a
thief get our money. Remember, an Achieve Card or Direct
Express Card is only a Debit Card, not a credit card. Your friend, SLBradfield

5:38 pm

GE Money Bank - Late Fees

I was charged with 4 consecutive late payments which is not correct. I made a payment 6/18/2017 for my July Statement. Then I made a payment July 8 2017 for my August statement, which was not applied to August but instead applied to the July Statement. From that month on they assessed a late fee for every month. I spoke to customer service and requested a reversal of all the late fees because I had been paying on time or even early. The company incorrectly applied the August payment to July, but I was told the company policy was to only give one late fee waiver. I wrote a letter to Presidential Correspondence, PO Box 981438, El Paso Texas 79998 and am waiting for a reply. I asked for a reversal of the late fees. The company did not apply my July 8 payment to the correct month and now it believes I have been paying late, when in reality I have been paying early.

7 comments

I make monthly payments, on the web, on the payment due date and GE Money Bank sends immediate online acknowledgements, then when I get my next statement, they show the payment made later than the due date and then they assess a $39 late fee. Also, they change the due dates on a monthly basis; I've been told they operate on a 23 billing cycle, definitely not conducive to normal (30 day) money management cycles. Their people have told me they'll remove the late fees, then never do. The personnel at GE Money Bank are rude, inflexible and uncoopertive. I'll never do business with them again once my account is payoff.

Aug 04, 2011 3:56 am

I was late on my payment. The first day after it was due, I began receiving calls at 5am! I work night shift so this of course irritated be. And aside from that, I am well aware these types of calls at this hour are actually illegal regardless of what shift the person receiving the calls is working. I called and attempted to speak to a manager to avoid language barrier issues right off the bat. This didnt really work out, as the manager also had an accent and apparently had no interest in being apologetic or understanding at all! I attempted to explain my issue anyway. I stated I understood that I needed to make a payment but first wanted them to explain the ungodly hour of their phone calls. First, the excuse was they are based on the east coast. Second, the excuse was my phone number was based on the east coast, which is a ridiculous excuse, as cell phones are globally transferrable now and most people only have a cell phone which I mentioned to the manager. I politely asked the manager to read back to me the address on the account, which is in Nevada, where I am located. He did so and I asked "So, where do you think I am?" He replied, "Nevada...?" I said yes. He then tried to act like he was unaware what time zone that was in. He continued to argue with me so I told him to forget it. I would make my payment online and file a complaint through a third party who might actually listen, understand, and provide a solution. I was also quite disturbed that they only asked for my name and didn't verify any other personal information. I would write a complaint to GE Money but their only contact information on the site or elsewhere is a phone number. I have been late one other time and had the same issue with the same failure at resolving the issue or making a payment by phone. So this time I'm posting complaints about this garbage excuse for a "business" everywhere I can in hopes that no one else will get a card through them. I just failed to do any research because I was pressed for time trying to save one of my pets.. I have also had issues with them changing dates the bill is due and not telling me. I just think they have a really horrible concept of how to run a business. I also had issues with late fee return when it wasn't late and also when they changed the billing date on me. DONT USE THIS COMPANY!

V
Dec 05, 2007 12:00 am

In my case this company has done nearly everything wrong.
I used this account for Lasik surgery, which did not work. I was not told when billing would start. I received a phone call saying my first bill was past due and I explained I had not gotten a bill. I was told another would be issued. When that one came it had a very high finance charge and late fee. I did not feel either were justified. I was told that there was zero interest and it was not my fault that the initial bill was not received. I doubled up on what was to be my monthly payment as I was told it would be. Still every month late charges and finance charges sky high. I then received a letter stating if I paid a specific amount by a certain date it would cure my default. I had just made a payment dated two days after the date on the letter. When I called to verify the remainder I was told the letter that was sent must have been a mistake and was asked to prove that it existed. I was given an even larger amount that I was told I needed to pay. I acquired a copy of my credit report and the information that is being reported there is also inaccurate on this account. I tried to speak with someone to rectify the situation and was told it was not GE's fault and there was nothing they could do.

Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
- Mailing address associated with the account
- Your contact phone number
- Reference code DM 080811_ccc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
Nicole
GE Money

Apr 26, 2011 9:24 pm

It impossible to get anyone with an straight answer at GE.
They are used to lie and cheat. They themselves supported the president
election and gain favors to never declare profits. In another word GE is
one of the Corporations that should be paying taxes and yet they don't.
Why not? If you can answer that question then you will know the
inside government job they did and do.
We the middle class people will continue to pay the taxes that companies like GE do not pay and other companies like this will not do.
The taxes are for us to pay. Wake up it is not the rich, but the "government elected" that do not pay!

Apr 12, 2011 9:30 pm

The same thing is now happening to me. I had 3 late fees for paying my bill too early and when I spoke to an agent, she was nice enough to remove 2 late fees (all the system allowed her to do) then she changed my due date. The change in due date was suppose to allow me to pay my bill earlier but low and behold, when I saw my new statement, I was charged a late fee again! When I called back, I was told, it takes 30 days for the change to be effective. So I asked if the new late fee could be reversed and the agent tried but the system, again, would not let her. I suggest we start a class action suit as I'm sure we are not the only persons being affected by this systematic scam!

Aug 01, 2008 1:10 pm

The same thing happened to me when i financed my motorcycle. I did not get a bill in the mail, but was eventually called and told i owed 2 months' payments plus a late fee. I was able to resolve it through persistent arguing. fast forward to today, my bike was totaled and when i used the settlement check to pay off my credit, they accidentally put my money in someone else's account. THEN! they tried to pull that same amount from another account i have from a different bank! and i never authorized them to do so. add this all to a true effort to hide any means of you talking to a real person and you have the worst run business ever. GE Money is a horrible, horrible business. If i was the better business bureau, I'd give them an F.

4:48 pm

GE Money Bank - Do not send statements, returns not credited

I applied for and received an Amazon store card through GE Money Bank. I did not receive a statement for 3 months! I was wondering what was going on, how to pay it, and by the time it arrived, it was 3 months late with late charges, interest, etc. and I had been planning to pay the whole thing off each month! On top of that, I ordered several pairs of shoes, then returned 5 pairs in one large box. I even went to the local post office and paid the return postage. I never received credit for the shoes! I made a payment, wrote to Amazon about the shoes, and now I am wondering where my statement is AGAIN! I have not received a statement, and I am sure it is late again. I am now looking online if I can log on to GE Moneybank and find my account to see what is going on! This is the biggest mistake I have ever made! If I used my regular Mastercard or Visa, this would not have happened. I am so upset with the whole thing, I don't know who to blame, Amazon or GE Moneybank. Both I think, because I should have received credit for the returned shoes. I am out a couple hundred dollars, plus late fees, plus interest and it is a huge nightmare! What a rip off!

Jul 20, 2011 1:00 am

Your Amazon Store Card can be access by going to this place on the web:

(I got the customer service phone number from https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/search.do?searchCriteria=top#Contact_Us)

4:00 pm

GE Money Bank - Warning

WARNING: If you have credit through GE Money Bank, do your best to close this account as soon as you can. They will find a way to mess up your account and make your life miserable! I apologize for how long this is but this has been over 9 months of horror.

GE Money Bank, led by Margaret Keane in the USA, has to be the worst case of bigger is NOT better. They handle revolving credit for several retail shops (Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Sams etc) as well as their own branded credit. This company out sources their collection operations to India and to a company called Allied Interstate. There are certain things that can be outsourced but customer service is NOT one of them. Apparently this company is so large that there are no clear lines of communication and no one take responsibility for their actions or cares. I have spoken to over 15 people at this organization and its affiliates and each time I either get transferred, disconnected, told to call another number or told that the issues has been resolved.

Over the past 9 months I have been harassed by this company and it affiliates for an issue they caused internally. I made my payment in full on a Lowe's credit card. However, I inadvertently made it to an old account number. Once I discovered this, after several messages from their India operations, I called and explained what happened, the rep transferred the payment to my active account and it was resolved...or so I thought. 15 days later, I get a call from the US customer service asking about the balance. I rehash the whole thing and they tell me it has been resolved. 30 days later, I receive a check in the mail for the amount I had paid! 10 or so days later I receive another check for the interest that had accrued on my account! I could not understand what was going on. In May, I called the US operations again, rehashed the whole thing and was assured this time it was resolved. Today, October 20, 2010 began the 3rd round of calls from collections in India (called incessantly until I finally gave up and answered...this should be ILLEGAL!) After demanding to speak to someone who spoke English, they concluded they could not help me (as has happened 3 times before) and gave me another number to call. When I called that number I go customer service in the USA. After looking at my account they told me they could not help me and gave me yet another number to call. The third number is for Allied Interstate, quite possible the WORST customer service group around. They would not tell me where they were so I could file a better business complaint. When I gave the rep my info, he said, sorry we called, we have it documented to not call you. Please give us 24 hours to get it out of your system. Never did he try to resolve the issue! I called back to customer service in the US (Atlanta, GA) and spent 45 minutes as the supervisor reviewed my account. He was dumbfounded by what was going on but kept saying "we did this and we did that" and my response was "exactly, you did it now you fix it". This was the 3rd time I have been through it.

I did not choose to do business with this company. Lowe's sold their credit card portfolio to GE Money Bank, a company I will never do business with. GE Money Bank obviously put profits before customer satisfaction. They outsource many critical aspects of their business in order to cut costs, however the result is incompetent, unreliable results that in the end cause them more $ to resolve! This is an example of a USA company that should be employing US citizens to do this work.

As it stands today, October 20, 2010, I have been assured (for the 3rd time - the first was on March 31, 2010, the second was on May 15th 2010) that the issue has been resolved. I will wait and see. In the mean time I will continue to write about my horrible experience with this behemoth of a company!

Oct 27, 2010 6:04 pm

i agree totally with the complaints, . as i am in the same position with GEMB, . i have been charged 39.00 late fees, . my minimum payment went from $66.00 a month to now $251.00 a month, ... this is totally a scam, .. what to do? jim

R
4:21 pm

GE Money Bank - Holds on Payments

Get this...because I choose to make more than one payment each month (I get paid twice so I pay twice monthly) GE Money Bank who owns my credit card has a policy to place a hold on my payments even though none of my payments has returned as NSF. I just spoke with Kris Agent Number 35026 a supervisor with GE Money bank and she said in a little bit of a snooty tone that GE Money Bank has the right and will always place holds on any account pay-or that routinely pays more than once a month. I am writing Texaco and GE Money bank about this absurd policy.

4 comments
Dec 21, 2010 10:24 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i just made a payment to my dilliards american express for 831.01 today the 20th of december and last payment was for 250 on the 8th they placed a hold on my 831 payment they told me possibly up to 20 days as soon as the payment clears im cancelling it . I have never had this problem with first premier, hsbc, macys or capitol one they are not perfect cards either but for god sake they never hold payments like that and get this it was a cash payment in the store. DONT GET ANYTHING WITH GE MONEY BANK !

Dec 17, 2010 5:34 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

no payments will be paid online

Dec 17, 2010 5:32 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

this comment has been sent

Dec 17, 2010 5:28 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i paid my wifes bill online but it has not been posted to her account yet so i mailed a check a week ago & it is not posted either payment is due on the ninteenth that is monday no more payments will not be paid on her lowes account ever again

G

GE Money Bank - Inept customer service

2 comments
O
Apr 02, 2011 6:48 am

Lowes did not sell anything to GEMB...they have been in charge of Lowe's credit cards for about 30 years...so yes, you did choose to do business with them. As for outsourcing, well...can you blame them? The tax rates here for business are outrageous.

R

I am with GE and would like to have one of our managers contact you directly regarding your account to see if they can provide you with any additional assistance. Please send your contact phone number to [email protected] so I can have them call you.
Thanks,
Dori
RCF Communications

11:00 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This was a loan from a lazik vision doctors practice. The original loan for about 2, 700.00 was supposed to be interest free for which i paid every month on time and more than the minimum due. My last notice recieved on october first stated i owe over 1, 200.00 dollars interest. I only owed 800.00 dollars when this statment arrived and only then did i...

12:33 pm

GE Money Bank - trashed credit reports due to their mistake

The owner of the business that holds the Sam's account changed her address. So Sam's/GEMB changed mine to the same address. My bills were sent elsewhere. Thus I did not pay them. ~09/01 numerous hang up calls from GE MONEY started. on the 7th a message said the call was about Sam's credit card. Returned call. Usual obnoxious bill collector. Verified address problem and changed it. Immediately sent check. Assured all was well, no penalties accrued. A letter of explanation would arrive shortly. Shopped Sam's on the 13th, ~$188 worth. Credit was denied. Very nice & helpful customer service called GE. Usual badly accented english said account had been closed on 09/09 and a letter would be sent explaining why. Left cart. Same day got email that that 2 of my credit reports where posted with negative info. Got a bill from Sam's on the 15th for amount of check which included an undisclosed ~$16 late fee AND $1.79 interest. Wrote immediately wrote letters to Sam's & GEMB explaining incident. 3rd credit report negatized on the 19th. On the 23rd GEMB called to say they'd get back to me within 14 days. On the 28th GEMB called again. I returned the call. After the usual BS about recording the call for quality assurance a real person answered the phone. When I told her I was also recording the call she said the aren't allowed to speak to anyone RECORDING A CALL! So a letter will be sent in 7-10 days. I have yet to receive either of the two previously promised letters. And so it continues.

N
4:22 am

GE Money Bank - No Objection Letter

Hi,

I took a two wheeler loan from GE Money. I paid full and final payment of my loan a week ago after getting a call from Pitumpura office in New delhi. Avinash and his staff called me to pay my remaining amount. They told me that full and final settlement letter from GE Money will be given at the time of payment. No Objection letter will be issued within 3-5 days. That was the affirmative assurance from Avinash.

I made the payment and received full and final settlement letter from GE Money (NOTE - Full and final settlement letter was the photocopy). After making the payment, I waited for 3-5 days. Till now, I did not get no objection certificate. When I made the call to Avinash, his phone number 9650958856 & 9650958860. Nobody picks up both the phones. After doing around 100 calls, someone picked up the call and said that courier has been made. I waited for the courier, which I did not get it. When I did call again, somebody picked up the phone and said Avinash is not here, he went for meeting, he is not well and bla bla bla. Avinash is really a JERK and BIG LIAR.

When I did call again, somebody picked up the phone. When I asked his name, he just disconnected the phone. It is really strange and frustrating. And after that, phone numbers 9650958856 & 9650958860 are out of reach and switched off. Is it what GE Money is doing to its customers? It is really really a shame for GE Money.

Nitin Jain

12:20 pm

GE Money Bank - PROMOTIONAL PAYOFFS

HAVE A CREDIT CARE THROUGH CARE CREDIT/ GEMB HAD A TOOTH FIX IN 2008 AND HAVE BEEN MAKING MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS, NOW SUDDENLY 2010 THEY HIT ME WITH PROMOTIONAL FEE'S AND ARE REPORTING TO CREDIT BEAURE THAT I HAVEN'T PAID ON TIME, WHAT THE HELL I'VE PAID WHAT WAS ON MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND STILL MY BALANCE STAYS WHERE IT IS AND NEVER COMES DOWN. SHOULD I CONTINUE TO PAY AND LET THEM SINK ME FINANCAILLY? RUINING MY CREDIT? HOW DO I GET OUT OF THERE GRASP? LAW SUIT? CLASS ACTION SUIT? CAN ANYONE HELP?

3 comments
Aug 24, 2011 1:37 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My situation is different but unfair. I had a promotional interest rate, but when the economy tank so did our small business. My husband and I are on social security and our additional income changed drastically and I asked for a reduced interest rate and paid the late (1) payment. I was told to make payments on time and I must speak to someone else to arrange for a lower rate. The main problem is they now want me to authorize post dated payment on the phone, instead of how I paid through online banking as before, each month and call every 2 hrs. starting at 8a until 8p Mon - Sun. I have a problem with that and CS reps determined to get a commitment by phone and my routing and check account number.

May 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Bait and Switch tactics by GE Money Bank. I paid off the promotional balance on time, in full to avoid late payments and the interest. GE Money Bank rejected the payment. I didn't know they rejected the payment until I received a "courtesy" call from them stating I had missed a payment. I knew that was incorrect. I called their CS number. The CSR was an idiot. She told me GE Money bank does not accept payments from health savings accounts (money is money). When I asked to speak to someone in charge, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself! I immediately called my bank. I was informed by my bank that HSA is a tax term and has nothing to do with types of funds. Money is money. So my bank made another money transfer from the same health savings account with the same information I provided GE Money Bank/Care Creidt the first time on 04/14/11. I paid off the entire card using the same account. This time GE Money bank took the money. So they essentially lied about not accepting money from a HSA. I got yet another communication from them this time from an office in Rapid City, SD. Their corporate specialist, Darcey Segatti West, is still maintaining the lie in writing stating, "Unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from a Health Savings Account submitted as a debt; therefore, the payment was returned." She is full of crap. If this is true, then why did they take the money transfer from my bank the second time? GEMB better accept the payment from my HSA because that's the only money they are getting from me. All my money is tied up in that account. It's a checking account just like any other checking account. The company has offices in FL, OH, and SD and probably elsewhere. This is another tactic to keep the consumer running around in circles. I have filed 3 complaints with the BBB in FL, OH, and SD against this company. I told GEMB that until they admit they were at fault my complaint against them with the BBB is not closed and never will be. And now my complaint against them is online and a matter of public record. Please send any communications regarding this unethical company to [email protected] I have also formed a group on this website called GE Money Bank/Care Credit complainants. It a class action law suit is in order, it would be helpful for everyone to ferry their complaints through the group thread. Also save all documents you received from Care Credit and copies of you bank statements. Factual information with written evidence is always best

M

You must show proof that you paid on time each month before any late fees would have occuried, or by the next month, each payment you sent in would only cover the late fee payment of the month before,
so you would have still missed all your payments. When the promotion period is ending, you must of have paid the balance in full, minus the minimal payments you were making, or you would owe all the money plus interest that would have occuried from day one on the full balance. Burden of proof lays solely on you to prove and not the company. That is the law.

K
12:53 pm

GE Money Bank - payments not credited

I just spoke top "customer service" on GE money bank because m August payment of 3times the required amount did not post on my billing statement and they charged me a $25fee for not making an August payment – the amount due was $43, I paid $150. The first person I spoke to said it was because my July payment was late – they received it and posted it 4 days later; after my due date. This is of course my fault. She transferred me to s supervisor – all her own idea – who may be the snottiest, rudest, most obstructive woman I have EVER spoken to – and I used to do telemarketing. The fist thing she said – I am not kidding – was “Why exactly did you think you needed a supervisor?” It got worse from there. The jist of it – if I get this right – is I was charged a late fee for paying early; they will NOT credit overages as payment until the end of the billing cycle so it oes not appear on my statement; you cannot have an updated statement (the automated phone message says you can); and I cannot change due date so I can actually pay the bill in a timely way for me instead of having to artificially delay my payment until their due date to avoid a late fee (?) I have to receive the bill - hold the bills for at least a week - then pay it or it will credit to the previous billing cycle and I will get another late fee. Even thi-ough I am paying two and three times the amount due, the compnay will charge me a latepayment fee every month my payment is not posted - on their end - on the 7th or 8th. I could not find out what happens if those dates are on the weekend. This appears to be a deliberate attempt to collect fees and feels fraudulent.

2 comments
May 21, 2011 1:08 pm

Bate and Switch: The same thing has happened to me. I paid off the promotional balance, on time with money drawn off my Health Savings Account on time-in plenty of time to not incur the interest on the medical bill. They rejected the payment without my knowledge. About two weeks after I paid off the bill, I get a "courtesy" call stating that I had missed a payment. I was flabbergasted. I called the company. The customer service rep was an idiot, telling me that GEMB does not accept payments from Health Savings Accounts. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself. So I have filed three complaints to the BBB. GEMB also conducts business in multiple states, so the consumer doesn't know who to deal with. I have had communications from them from FL where you send your payment, to OH where you send in complaints that fall on deaf ears, and now from some woman in SD(Darcey Segatti West, Corporate Specialist, Consumer Relations). The latest communications I received from GEMB states, "unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from HSAs submitted as a debt" even after I called my bank. My bank told me that I can use the money in my HSA to pay off any bill I want. The designation HSA is only for IRS purposes, not GEMB's purposes. It's simply a checking account. Money is money. My bank resubmitted with the very same account information I sumbitted to GEMB on 04/14/2011, and GEMB took my money from the very same account I used the first time. So which is it? Do they accept money from health savings accounts or don't they? This is just another example of greedy credit card companies engaging in unethical billing and collection practices, trying to stiff the consumers. I am warning everybody, "Do NOT get talked in to using a GEMB card to pay any doctor or dentist." It isn't worth the harassment. Medicaid patients don't have to even pay a copay if they don't have the money, so why are working class consumers being forced in to contracts with companies like GEMB? To Mary K: GEMB doesn't have to cancel my card, I cut the blame thing up and threw it in the trash!
Please send my any email communications to [email protected] if you have any more hassle from GEMB. I think a class action law suit against the company is in order mys elf after reading that suggestion on this board. Apparently, GEMB is engagin in unethical billing and collection practices across the board. I will NEVER use that card again and stick with my own money market account at BB&T, a bank that I trust and knows me.

Sep 18, 2010 7:15 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

look, its not that were intentionally wanting to charge you a fee and its not because its "early". Every credit card company has a billing cycle. If you send a payment for "may" for example but its still "aprils" billing cycle, its going to count as a payment for april not may, even if you already sent one for april. So its essentially as though your sending a second payment for april. It is not uncommon for people to do it that way. Some people are able to pay more on their loans some months then just the bare minimum. This allows them to do this. Most companies that roll over extra payments to the next months payment are companies such as if you have a car loan, theres a good chance they do that. A private label credit card though does not roll over payments. Its understandable that you may not have known this, but the problem is when you call in and get upset instead of letting us educate you so it dosnt happen again, you end up not helping matters because you dont listen so everything we tell you goes right over your head so you end up doing the same thing the next month.

GE Money Bank contacts