Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Care Credit screwed me

I will post this everywhere I can continually until this is changed. already posted several places today. I will be filing with BBB as well.

I used this Care Credit account for a couple years. They were always happy to increase my limit when i needed it. I hit hard times and had to relocate. I missed three months of payments getting back on my feet and they increased my interest to 29.99%. I was told that if I made six months of payments on time that they would lower my payment. They never did and after speaking to them they are not interested in lowering my account interest, they canceled my account and said basically your screwed by us. This place is out to jack people around to rape them of their money once in the door. DO NOT USE THIS BANK NOR WOULD I USE CARE CREDIT WHO FINANCES THRU GE MONEY BANK!!!

not so smart in fort worth Mar 09, 2011

I have two debt cards one is GE money and the other is green-dot. I own my own business don't know what i was thinking i had my fess direct deposited into these cards from my clients and now they have a block because they said that two many different deposit are coming with different names. I don't think should matter due to the fact that these accounts are coming from the IRS. Can any one help me. They asked me to fax over my ID and SS card and letters from all my clients stating that they gave permission to withheld fees and to have it notarized i did ask they ask and now they are wanting my clients ID and SS cards. I don't think so. Its alot of money that is involved it also have to do with my refund they won't unblock. Please can any one help?

Interst Charges and Proceedures

It's unfortunate Amazon.com chose to use GE Money to create an "Amazon.com Store Card" as their credit card - and their preferred card which they feature before other traditional card options such as VISA and Master Card. While offering deferred interest charges on major purchases where the dollar amount of the item plus other criteria are met the terms of the buyers agreement with GE Money are well hidden in a myriad of small legal print.

The most egregious -and easily overlooked - from the second you make a purchase using this card you are being changed interest vs. using VISA, etc. which most all provide a grace period for payment before they begin adding interest charges to your account.

Using this store card of Amazon's is a prime example of buyer beware or be prepared for a shock when you see your GE Money/Amazon monthly statement on any item not eligible for deferred charges. If you follow any of the CC complaints posted in many places on the Internet you'll quickly note GE Money's poor reputation when it comes to dealing with consumers who use their services.

• Fr
    frederico112 Feb 21, 2011

oh well.

• Js
    jskiifreeze Feb 21, 2011

Just recently got off the phone with Amazon/GE Money about an interest charge that was charged to my account. Ive paid double the amount on my account each month and yes its suppose to be an interest deferred option with the Flat Screen I purchased, providing that I exceed the monthly minimum. Well, the lady I spoke with promised to wave the fee after giving me an amount that I need to pay to avoid interest. My thing is this: Why would they have a minimum payment amount showing on my account that would result in me having to pay interest in the first place? Remember, I made my purchase under the deferred interest offer and I also exceeded the that minimum payment. I'm started to get a little concerned about this account. Not too professional GE Money Bank.

Chris Jul 20, 2011

After I posted my complaint tonight, I called a different GE Money person at 1-866-634-8379. During our call - she connected with the collections department, then came back on the line - and told me not to expect any more collections calls.

She furthermore refunded my late fee - she didn't have to do that, but that was pure gravy.

She said that the adjustments she made tonight would show on my next statement. She sounded really nice and professional; give it a try.

(I got the info from https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/search.do?searchCriteria=top#Contact_Us)

Send my bill late and charge extra fees

I am so sick of getting my bills late and only having 12 to 15 days to pay a bill. The billing cycle is supposed to be 31 days and I get a bill on the 9th or 11th and see the bill due on the 23rd or 25th. Is that 31 days? I don't think so! My bill has gone up over $200.00 in 6 months because of the $35.00 late fees. This company is B.S. and I am ready to quit paying my bill put a comment on my credit report and see if they have the balls to come after me. I doubt it they are a scam and should be forced out of business.

• De
    Debbie Pearl Feb 18, 2011

Please help in Stopping the unethical business practices.
    Send your complaint to the regulator for GE Money Bank. the Texas Office of the Consummer Creditors Commissioner gave me the information on whom to contact.
    The the Office of Thrift Supervision: http://www.ots.treas.gov/
    The form to fill out and fax or email as attachment with your signature is in
    Their email is
    [email protected]

The GE corporate office to write is:

Vice President
    GE MONEY
    4246 South Riverboat ~ Suite 200
    Salt Lake city, Utah 84123
    DebbiePearl

Resolved Rip OFf

I unfortunately had the experience of having two credit cards under GE Money Bank and lost a lot of money...

Hunter douglas

I signed up for a GE Money credit card on July 10, 2010 at a Hunter Douglas window covering store. I have been making regular payments on the $5, 520.72 that I borrowed. I had $500 left on 1/13/11 when the protional period expired. I knew that the $500 would get charged 29.99% interest but I planned to pay it off at the end of January. I had no idea that I would get charged 29.99% deferred interest for the past six months on the entire $5, 520.72. I have never heard of credit cards like that. Granted there was language on the credit card bill that referenced "deferred interest", but I had no idea what that meant. I now owe an additional $707.10. They do not have a dispute process. They stick to the fact that it was on my bill that this would happen. How horrific! I now feel like I should warn others about this predatory lending and it's new and unclear language. As consumers the best we can do is warn eachother about what products and services to avoid. Everyone AVOID GE MONEY like the PLAGUE. They are evil.

Harassing phone calls

I do not answer their calls as I have never done business with them. They call 5-10 times a day, from 7:55 AM to 8:00 PM. The call leaves no message. This is just wrong. I choose not to be solicited.

• At
    ATLPeachGirl Feb 14, 2012

I have been getting numerous calls from GE Money on my home phone for about 10 days now, 10 to 12 calls a day, even on SUNDAY!!! I don’t answer these calls as ALL my bills are paid on time, every month!! They never left a message.

Finally I got fed up with seeing they had been calling and turned my home phone ringer off, I then called the number from the caller ID and got the credit department at JC Penney. I ended up talking to THREE people before getting an “account specialist”. All had India accents.

I told the man that they could clearly see my account has been paid ON TIME, EVERY MONTH. He confirmed this, and he said “is it possible you have someone else on your account using your card”?? Ummm…no. I check my statement every month. He said it was possible someone else is using my home number as their contact. I then asked the man to PLEASE check his records by searching my home number to make sure my account is the ONLY account registered to the phone number. He told me he couldn’t give me that information. I protested telling him I wanted the calls to stop, that he could see that my account is CURRENT and NOT past due, and to PLEASE get to the bottom of the issue and find out why they are calling me. I do think someone used MY number as their contact, and their account is past due, thus the calls.

The man promised me that the calls would stop.

A half hour later I saw that they once again had called!!! If it continues I will send them a certified letter via snail-mail demanding they stop with dates and time I *tried* to get this issue resolved. If that fails I will be contacting the F.T.C.

I frankly told the man that I would be scouring my credit and there had better not be anything false or wrongly added to my credit file because someone is using my home number for their delinquent JC Penney charge account. The man told me they don’t report to credit bureaus accounts based on phone numbers.

I just hope I am not a victim of identity theft.

• Tc
    TCK13 Feb 02, 2014

Called today, SUNDAY, several times. Never left a message. I had a houseful of people for the Super Bowl, so called back and they wouldn't tell me anything! She says my accounts are up to date paid, but they cannot tell me why they continue to call and harass me. Blocked their number and will pay off my card and send it back to them cut into pieces. How dare you call MY HOUSE and tell me you cannot tell me why!

• Be
    Berkley Jackson Jun 03, 2016

Your company has been calling the above listed phone number for the past week seeking a person by the name of Gina Jackson or Christopher Jackson. I have repeated time and time again that there is no one here by that name and that the phone is listed under Berkley and Joanne Jackson. Have asked that your people stop calling this number three times, even asked to talk to a supervisor and was left on hold for twenty two minutes. How in the hell do I stop the horse crap. I will never purchase another GE product as long as I live and I sure would not rcommend you products to others. Talk about harassment. This has got to cease or I will seek some legal advive.

they lost in court,they lie to eqafax

ge money bank lost a disputed account a couple years in 07 in joliet for the amount of $3664 dollars w care credit, and keep lieing to the credit experian equafax and trans union. they call my house under 1800 service herrassing me of this disputed account joliet let me disputed, help what can i do i have allerts on all files.

• Sl
    SLBradfield Nov 18, 2010

I don't like those credit card offers either, but the achieve card
    is not a credit card. It is only a debit card. It is different from
    the achieve card in the following ways.
    The Direct Express card that Social Security checks can be directly deposited in works just like a bank and the only ones
    who can Direct Deposit in this account is the Social Security Administration and only Social Security Checks: Retirement
    Checks, Social Security Disability Insurance Checks (SSDI) or
    Social Security Income (SSI) can be deposited into the Direct
    Express into the debit Mastercard. You do not have to deal
    with any numbers like routing ect with this card because when you sign up only the Social Security Administration
    has that information because it is only they who can Direct
    Deposit into the Direct Express Card. Also, no other kinds of
    deposits can be put into a Direct Express card but Social Security direct deposits from Social Security Administration
    itself. You can use this debit Mastercard for any thing you wish and anywhere. You can use it to pay bills, etc. You can
    go on their website and see your deposits and things that you
    purchased/dates purchased/to whom purchased or paid. ATM
    WDs can be made as well with it. It is no different than banking at a regular bank but for the exception that if the cardholder spends all the money in it and tries to make a purchase or pay a bill with it without enough money to cover
    it then the card purchase/payment is invalid immediately, thereby not having to pay an exorbitant fee for making a mistake because you are busy working part-time or other things that keeps you busy. No human is perfect. We all make
    mistakes, but I don't believe we need to be charged $33.00 for
    1 mistake. Thereby, taking food out of our mouths. That is the
    beauty of the Direct Express Card. When it is out, it is out!! No
    fees to pay, just rejection of the card to be honored if enough money is not in there.
    The achieve card never sent me their card. I was looking for
    one like it for my employer to put my payroll check into it each pay period by direct deposit. It does have a Routing number, Account number ( the last 10 digits of the Mastercard
    debit), and a Direct Deposit number. It can do all other things
    that the Direct Express Card can do, but it takes cash deposits
    and direct deposits if the owner of the card wants them put in
    directly. I think I would use the Direct Express card for directly
    depositing my Social Security checks though. You can go to
    WalMarts, Walgreens, and CVS Pharmacies to put money into
    the achieve card. Sometimes, I think, it Can take 2 to 3 days
    for the deposit to reach your achieve card, but in that case
    you give explanation to whom you need to pay and they won't
    really mind. If you don't call and make those arrangements with creditors/utilities, etc., that is when they really get uncooperative with you. They just want to be informed of why
    you have to be 2 or 3 days late. Sometimes, the deposit goes in
    on the same day. Sometimes not. This is with the achieve card.
    Not the Direct Experess card. Direct Express Direct Deposits go
    in the same day they are suppose to go in. Just as if you had a regular bank account. Again, though, Direct Express only takes Social Security direct deposits and no other kinds of deposits of any kind either. You can use your card anywhere though.
    Both the Direct Express Card and the Achieve Card are FDIC
    insured. This means that your monies in the card are insured
    in case someone uses your card and takes money out of it or it
    gets stolen. Both cards have a number or option on the keypad
    to call if the card gets stolen. As soon as one notices it is even misplaced they should call and have the card(s) invalidated
    and it just takes a few days to get a new one with a different
    number on the card back to you. If you don't delay in reporting the card missing or stolen, that goes for bank accounts or any cards of debit or credit cards, you will get your
    new card most of the time in about 7 to 10 working days.
    People delay too long when they realize that their card is missing or even maybe have been misplaced. That is why it
    gives criminals time to figure out the account number whether it is a card from a regular bank or any other card or
    check from a bank account as well.
    It is a toll free number for all cards and/or local number if it
    is a bank you bank at in your town. Even they have a toll free
    number you can call to report immediately your missing or stolen card(s) and/or checks. Thus, both the achieve card and
    the Direct Express card has the same also.
    I hope this has helped some people. I know most of us know all
    of that, but sometimes we don't practice it. Thereby, letting a
    thief get our money. Remember, an Achieve Card or Direct
    Express Card is only a Debit Card, not a credit card. Your friend, SLBradfield

Resolved Late Fees

I was charged with 4 consecutive late payments which is not correct. I made a payment 6/18/2017 for my July Statement. Then I made a payment July 8 2017 for my August statement, which was not applied to August but instead applied to the July Statement. From that month on they assessed a late fee for every month. I spoke to customer service and requested a reversal of all the late fees because I had been paying on time or even early. The company incorrectly applied the August payment to July, but I was told the company policy was to only give one late fee waiver. I wrote a letter to Presidential Correspondence, PO Box 981438, El Paso Texas 79998 and am waiting for a reply. I asked for a reversal of the late fees. The company did not apply my July 8 payment to the correct month and now it believes I have been paying late, when in reality I have been paying early.

RESOLVED

• Updated by GE Money US · Aug 08, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your CareCredit account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [email protected] with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 080811_ccc

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Money

• Vi
    Vicky Lynn Darden Dec 05, 2007

In my case this company has done nearly everything wrong.
    I used this account for Lasik surgery, which did not work. I was not told when billing would start. I received a phone call saying my first bill was past due and I explained I had not gotten a bill. I was told another would be issued. When that one came it had a very high finance charge and late fee. I did not feel either were justified. I was told that there was zero interest and it was not my fault that the initial bill was not received. I doubled up on what was to be my monthly payment as I was told it would be. Still every month late charges and finance charges sky high. I then received a letter stating if I paid a specific amount by a certain date it would cure my default. I had just made a payment dated two days after the date on the letter. When I called to verify the remainder I was told the letter that was sent must have been a mistake and was asked to prove that it existed. I was given an even larger amount that I was told I needed to pay. I acquired a copy of my credit report and the information that is being reported there is also inaccurate on this account. I tried to speak with someone to rectify the situation and was told it was not GE's fault and there was nothing they could do.

• Je
    jeff miller Aug 01, 2008

The same thing happened to me when i financed my motorcycle. I did not get a bill in the mail, but was eventually called and told i owed 2 months' payments plus a late fee. I was able to resolve it through persistent arguing. fast forward to today, my bike was totaled and when i used the settlement check to pay off my credit, they accidentally put my money in someone else's account. THEN! they tried to pull that same amount from another account i have from a different bank! and i never authorized them to do so. add this all to a true effort to hide any means of you talking to a real person and you have the worst run business ever. GE Money is a horrible, horrible business. If i was the better business bureau, I'd give them an F.

• Wp
    W. Pearson Grane, Sr. Jan 12, 2009

I make monthly payments, on the web, on the payment due date and GE Money Bank sends immediate online acknowledgements, then when I get my next statement, they show the payment made later than the due date and then they assess a $39 late fee. Also, they change the due dates on a monthly basis; I've been told they operate on a 23 billing cycle, definitely not conducive to normal (30 day) money management cycles. Their people have told me they'll remove the late fees, then never do. The personnel at GE Money Bank are rude, inflexible and uncoopertive. I'll never do business with them again once my account is payoff.

• To
    Tooangry Apr 12, 2011

The same thing is now happening to me. I had 3 late fees for paying my bill too early and when I spoke to an agent, she was nice enough to remove 2 late fees (all the system allowed her to do) then she changed my due date. The change in due date was suppose to allow me to pay my bill earlier but low and behold, when I saw my new statement, I was charged a late fee again! When I called back, I was told, it takes 30 days for the change to be effective. So I asked if the new late fee could be reversed and the agent tried but the system, again, would not let her. I suggest we start a class action suit as I'm sure we are not the only persons being affected by this systematic scam!!!

marrojas Apr 26, 2011

It impossible to get anyone with an straight answer at GE.
    They are used to lie and cheat. They themselves supported the president
    election and gain favors to never declare profits. In another word GE is
    one of the Corporations that should be paying taxes and yet they don't.
    Why not? If you can answer that question then you will know the
    inside government job they did and do.
    We the middle class people will continue to pay the taxes that companies like GE do not pay and other companies like this will not do.
    The taxes are for us to pay. Wake up it is not the rich, but the "government elected" that do not pay!

• Jr
    JRosson19 Aug 04, 2011

I was late on my payment. The first day after it was due, I began receiving calls at 5am! I work night shift so this of course irritated be. And aside from that, I am well aware these types of calls at this hour are actually illegal regardless of what shift the person receiving the calls is working. I called and attempted to speak to a manager to avoid language barrier issues right off the bat. This didnt really work out, as the manager also had an accent and apparently had no interest in being apologetic or understanding at all! I attempted to explain my issue anyway. I stated I understood that I needed to make a payment but first wanted them to explain the ungodly hour of their phone calls. First, the excuse was they are based on the east coast. Second, the excuse was my phone number was based on the east coast, which is a ridiculous excuse, as cell phones are globally transferrable now and most people only have a cell phone which I mentioned to the manager. I politely asked the manager to read back to me the address on the account, which is in Nevada, where I am located. He did so and I asked "So, where do you think I am?" He replied, "Nevada...?" I said yes. He then tried to act like he was unaware what time zone that was in. He continued to argue with me so I told him to forget it. I would make my payment online and file a complaint through a third party who might actually listen, understand, and provide a solution. I was also quite disturbed that they only asked for my name and didn't verify any other personal information. I would write a complaint to GE Money but their only contact information on the site or elsewhere is a phone number. I have been late one other time and had the same issue with the same failure at resolving the issue or making a payment by phone. So this time I'm posting complaints about this garbage excuse for a "business" everywhere I can in hopes that no one else will get a card through them. I just failed to do any research because I was pressed for time trying to save one of my pets.. I have also had issues with them changing dates the bill is due and not telling me. I just think they have a really horrible concept of how to run a business. I also had issues with late fee return when it wasn't late and also when they changed the billing date on me. DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Do not send statements, returns not credited

I applied for and received an Amazon store card through GE Money Bank. I did not receive a statement for 3 months! I was wondering what was going on, how to pay it, and by the time it arrived, it was 3 months late with late charges, interest, etc. and I had been planning to pay the whole thing off each month! On top of that, I ordered several pairs of shoes, then returned 5 pairs in one large box. I even went to the local post office and paid the return postage. I never received credit for the shoes! I made a payment, wrote to Amazon about the shoes, and now I am wondering where my statement is AGAIN! I have not received a statement, and I am sure it is late again. I am now looking online if I can log on to GE Moneybank and find my account to see what is going on! This is the biggest mistake I have ever made! If I used my regular Mastercard or Visa, this would not have happened. I am so upset with the whole thing, I don't know who to blame, Amazon or GE Moneybank. Both I think, because I should have received credit for the returned shoes. I am out a couple hundred dollars, plus late fees, plus interest and it is a huge nightmare!! What a rip off!!!

Chris Jul 20, 2011

Your Amazon Store Card can be access by going to this place on the web:

(I got the customer service phone number from https://www.onlinecreditcenter6.com/consumergen2/search.do?searchCriteria=top#Contact_Us)

Warning

WARNING: If you have credit through GE Money Bank, do your best to close this account as soon as you can. They will find a way to mess up your account and make your life miserable!!! I apologize for how long this is but this has been over 9 months of horror.

GE Money Bank, led by Margaret Keane in the USA, has to be the worst case of bigger is NOT better. They handle revolving credit for several retail shops (Lowe's, Wal-Mart, Sams etc) as well as their own branded credit. This company out sources their collection operations to India and to a company called Allied Interstate. There are certain things that can be outsourced but customer service is NOT one of them. Apparently this company is so large that there are no clear lines of communication and no one take responsibility for their actions or cares. I have spoken to over 15 people at this organization and its affiliates and each time I either get transferred, disconnected, told to call another number or told that the issues has been resolved.

Over the past 9 months I have been harassed by this company and it affiliates for an issue they caused internally. I made my payment in full on a Lowe's credit card. However, I inadvertently made it to an old account number. Once I discovered this, after several messages from their India operations, I called and explained what happened, the rep transferred the payment to my active account and it was resolved...or so I thought. 15 days later, I get a call from the US customer service asking about the balance. I rehash the whole thing and they tell me it has been resolved. 30 days later, I receive a check in the mail for the amount I had paid!! 10 or so days later I receive another check for the interest that had accrued on my account! I could not understand what was going on. In May, I called the US operations again, rehashed the whole thing and was assured this time it was resolved. Today, October 20, 2010 began the 3rd round of calls from collections in India (called incessantly until I finally gave up and answered...this should be ILLEGAL!) After demanding to speak to someone who spoke English, they concluded they could not help me (as has happened 3 times before) and gave me another number to call. When I called that number I go customer service in the USA. After looking at my account they told me they could not help me and gave me yet another number to call. The third number is for Allied Interstate, quite possible the WORST customer service group around. They would not tell me where they were so I could file a better business complaint. When I gave the rep my info, he said, sorry we called, we have it documented to not call you. Please give us 24 hours to get it out of your system. Never did he try to resolve the issue!!! I called back to customer service in the US (Atlanta, GA) and spent 45 minutes as the supervisor reviewed my account. He was dumbfounded by what was going on but kept saying "we did this and we did that" and my response was "exactly, you did it now you fix it". This was the 3rd time I have been through it.

I did not choose to do business with this company. Lowe's sold their credit card portfolio to GE Money Bank, a company I will never do business with. GE Money Bank obviously put profits before customer satisfaction. They outsource many critical aspects of their business in order to cut costs, however the result is incompetent, unreliable results that in the end cause them more $ to resolve!! This is an example of a USA company that should be employing US citizens to do this work.

As it stands today, October 20, 2010, I have been assured (for the 3rd time - the first was on March 31, 2010, the second was on May 15th 2010) that the issue has been resolved. I will wait and see. In the mean time I will continue to write about my horrible experience with this behemoth of a company!

• Ji
    jim71 Oct 27, 2010

i agree totally with the complaints, . as i am in the same position with GEMB, . i have been charged 39.00 late fees, . my minimum payment went from $66.00 a month to now $251.00 a month, ... this is totally a scam, .. what to do? jim

Holds on Payments

Get this...because I choose to make more than one payment each month (I get paid twice so I pay twice monthly) GE Money Bank who owns my credit card has a policy to place a hold on my payments even though none of my payments has returned as NSF. I just spoke with Kris Agent Number 35026 a supervisor with GE Money bank and she said in a little bit of a snooty tone that GE Money Bank has the right and will always place holds on any account pay-or that routinely pays more than once a month. I am writing Texaco and GE Money bank about this absurd policy.

charles blanchard Dec 17, 2010

i paid my wifes bill online but it has not been posted to her account yet so i mailed a check a week ago & it is not posted either payment is due on the ninteenth that is monday no more payments will not be paid on her lowes account ever again

charles blanchard Dec 17, 2010

this comment has been sent

charles blanchard Dec 17, 2010

no payments will be paid online

• Fo
    fordtruckguy2001 Dec 21, 2010

i just made a payment to my dilliards american express for 831.01 today the 20th of december and last payment was for 250 on the 8th they placed a hold on my 831 payment they told me possibly up to 20 days as soon as the payment clears im cancelling it . I have never had this problem with first premier, hsbc, macys or capitol one they are not perfect cards either but for god sake they never hold payments like that and get this it was a cash payment in the store. DONT GET ANYTHING WITH GE MONEY BANK !!!

Inept customer service

• Rc
    RCF Communications Oct 22, 2010

I am with GE and would like to have one of our managers contact you directly regarding your account to see if they can provide you with any additional assistance. Please send your contact phone number to [email protected] so I can have them call you.
    Thanks,
    Dori
    RCF Communications

• Om
    omt811 Apr 02, 2011

Lowes did not sell anything to GEMB...they have been in charge of Lowe's credit cards for about 30 years...so yes, you did choose to do business with them. As for outsourcing, well...can you blame them? The tax rates here for business are outrageous.

company added over 1,200.00 interest without warning on a 2,700.00 loan after the 24 month period.

This was a loan from a lazik vision doctors practice. The original loan for about 2, 700.00 was supposed to...

trashed credit reports due to their mistake

The owner of the business that holds the Sam's account changed her address. So Sam's/GEMB changed mine to the same address. My bills were sent elsewhere. Thus I did not pay them. ~09/01 numerous hang up calls from GE MONEY started. on the 7th a message said the call was about Sam's credit card. Returned call. Usual obnoxious bill collector. Verified address problem and changed it. Immediately sent check. Assured all was well, no penalties accrued. A letter of explanation would arrive shortly. Shopped Sam's on the 13th, ~$188 worth. Credit was denied. Very nice & helpful customer service called GE. Usual badly accented english said account had been closed on 09/09 and a letter would be sent explaining why. Left cart. Same day got email that that 2 of my credit reports where posted with negative info. Got a bill from Sam's on the 15th for amount of check which included an undisclosed ~$16 late fee AND $1.79 interest. Wrote immediately wrote letters to Sam's & GEMB explaining incident. 3rd credit report negatized on the 19th. On the 23rd GEMB called to say they'd get back to me within 14 days. On the 28th GEMB called again. I returned the call. After the usual BS about recording the call for quality assurance a real person answered the phone. When I told her I was also recording the call she said the aren't allowed to speak to anyone RECORDING A CALL!! So a letter will be sent in 7-10 days. I have yet to receive either of the two previously promised letters. And so it continues.

No Objection Letter

Hi,

I took a two wheeler loan from GE Money. I paid full and final payment of my loan a week ago after getting a call from Pitumpura office in New delhi. Avinash and his staff called me to pay my remaining amount. They told me that full and final settlement letter from GE Money will be given at the time of payment. No Objection letter will be issued within 3-5 days. That was the affirmative assurance from Avinash.

I made the payment and received full and final settlement letter from GE Money (NOTE - Full and final settlement letter was the photocopy). After making the payment, I waited for 3-5 days. Till now, I did not get no objection certificate. When I made the call to Avinash, his phone number [protected] & [protected]. Nobody picks up both the phones. After doing around 100 calls, someone picked up the call and said that courier has been made. I waited for the courier, which I did not get it. When I did call again, somebody picked up the phone and said Avinash is not here, he went for meeting, he is not well and bla bla bla. Avinash is really a JERK and BIG LIAR.

When I did call again, somebody picked up the phone. When I asked his name, he just disconnected the phone. It is really strange and frustrating. And after that, phone numbers [protected] & [protected] are out of reach and switched off. Is it what GE Money is doing to its customers? It is really really a shame for GE Money.

Nitin Jain
[protected]

PROMOTIONAL PAYOFFS

HAVE A CREDIT CARE THROUGH CARE CREDIT/ GEMB HAD A TOOTH FIX IN 2008 AND HAVE BEEN MAKING MY MONTHLY PAYMENTS, NOW SUDDENLY 2010 THEY HIT ME WITH PROMOTIONAL FEE'S AND ARE REPORTING TO CREDIT BEAURE THAT I HAVEN'T PAID ON TIME, WHAT THE HELL I'VE PAID WHAT WAS ON MY BILL EVERY MONTH AND STILL MY BALANCE STAYS WHERE IT IS AND NEVER COMES DOWN. SHOULD I CONTINUE TO PAY AND LET THEM SINK ME FINANCAILLY? RUINING MY CREDIT? HOW DO I GET OUT OF THERE GRASP? LAW SUIT? CLASS ACTION SUIT? CAN ANYONE HELP?

• Mr
    MR_PERFECT Mar 10, 2011

You must show proof that you paid on time each month before any late fees would have occuried, or by the next month, each payment you sent in would only cover the late fee payment of the month before,
    so you would have still missed all your payments. When the promotion period is ending, you must of have paid the balance in full, minus the minimal payments you were making, or you would owe all the money plus interest that would have occuried from day one on the full balance. Burden of proof lays solely on you to prove and not the company. That is the law.

• Mc
    Mcneillmama May 21, 2011

Bait and Switch tactics by GE Money Bank. I paid off the promotional balance on time, in full to avoid late payments and the interest. GE Money Bank rejected the payment. I didn't know they rejected the payment until I received a "courtesy" call from them stating I had missed a payment. I knew that was incorrect. I called their CS number. The CSR was an idiot. She told me GE Money bank does not accept payments from health savings accounts (money is money). When I asked to speak to someone in charge, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself! I immediately called my bank. I was informed by my bank that HSA is a tax term and has nothing to do with types of funds. Money is money. So my bank made another money transfer from the same health savings account with the same information I provided GE Money Bank/Care Creidt the first time on 04/14/11. I paid off the entire card using the same account. This time GE Money bank took the money. So they essentially lied about not accepting money from a HSA. I got yet another communication from them this time from an office in Rapid City, SD. Their corporate specialist, Darcey Segatti West, is still maintaining the lie in writing stating, "Unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from a Health Savings Account submitted as a debt; therefore, the payment was returned." She is full of crap. If this is true, then why did they take the money transfer from my bank the second time? GEMB better accept the payment from my HSA because that's the only money they are getting from me. All my money is tied up in that account. It's a checking account just like any other checking account. The company has offices in FL, OH, and SD and probably elsewhere. This is another tactic to keep the consumer running around in circles. I have filed 3 complaints with the BBB in FL, OH, and SD against this company. I told GEMB that until they admit they were at fault my complaint against them with the BBB is not closed and never will be. And now my complaint against them is online and a matter of public record. Please send any communications regarding this unethical company to [email protected] I have also formed a group on this website called GE Money Bank/Care Credit complainants. It a class action law suit is in order, it would be helpful for everyone to ferry their complaints through the group thread. Also save all documents you received from Care Credit and copies of you bank statements. Factual information with written evidence is always best

sazmoha Aug 24, 2011

My situation is different but unfair. I had a promotional interest rate, but when the economy tank so did our small business. My husband and I are on social security and our additional income changed drastically and I asked for a reduced interest rate and paid the late (1) payment. I was told to make payments on time and I must speak to someone else to arrange for a lower rate. The main problem is they now want me to authorize post dated payment on the phone, instead of how I paid through online banking as before, each month and call every 2 hrs. starting at 8a until 8p Mon - Sun. I have a problem with that and CS reps determined to get a commitment by phone and my routing and check account number.

payments not credited

I just spoke top "customer service" on GE money bank because m August payment of 3times the required amount did not post on my billing statement and they charged me a $25fee for not making an August payment – the amount due was $43, I paid $150. The first person I spoke to said it was because my July payment was late – they received it and posted it 4 days later; after my due date. This is of course my fault. She transferred me to s supervisor – all her own idea – who may be the snottiest, rudest, most obstructive woman I have EVER spoken to – and I used to do telemarketing. The fist thing she said – I am not kidding – was “Why exactly did you think you needed a supervisor??” It got worse from there. The jist of it – if I get this right – is I was charged a late fee for paying early; they will NOT credit overages as payment until the end of the billing cycle so it oes not appear on my statement; you cannot have an updated statement (the automated phone message says you can); and I cannot change due date so I can actually pay the bill in a timely way for me instead of having to artificially delay my payment until their due date to avoid a late fee (?????) I have to receive the bill - hold the bills for at least a week - then pay it or it will credit to the previous billing cycle and I will get another late fee. Even thi-ough I am paying two and three times the amount due, the compnay will charge me a latepayment fee every month my payment is not posted - on their end - on the 7th or 8th. I could not find out what happens if those dates are on the weekend. This appears to be a deliberate attempt to collect fees and feels fraudulent.

• Je
    jetretry02009 Sep 18, 2010

look, its not that were intentionally wanting to charge you a fee and its not because its "early". Every credit card company has a billing cycle. If you send a payment for "may" for example but its still "aprils" billing cycle, its going to count as a payment for april not may, even if you already sent one for april. So its essentially as though your sending a second payment for april. It is not uncommon for people to do it that way. Some people are able to pay more on their loans some months then just the bare minimum. This allows them to do this. Most companies that roll over extra payments to the next months payment are companies such as if you have a car loan, theres a good chance they do that. A private label credit card though does not roll over payments. Its understandable that you may not have known this, but the problem is when you call in and get upset instead of letting us educate you so it dosnt happen again, you end up not helping matters because you dont listen so everything we tell you goes right over your head so you end up doing the same thing the next month.

• Mc
    Mcneillmama May 21, 2011

Bate and Switch: The same thing has happened to me. I paid off the promotional balance, on time with money drawn off my Health Savings Account on time-in plenty of time to not incur the interest on the medical bill. They rejected the payment without my knowledge. About two weeks after I paid off the bill, I get a "courtesy" call stating that I had missed a payment. I was flabbergasted. I called the company. The customer service rep was an idiot, telling me that GEMB does not accept payments from Health Savings Accounts. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she hung up on me. You don't hang up on me unless you want to hang yourself. So I have filed three complaints to the BBB. GEMB also conducts business in multiple states, so the consumer doesn't know who to deal with. I have had communications from them from FL where you send your payment, to OH where you send in complaints that fall on deaf ears, and now from some woman in SD(Darcey Segatti West, Corporate Specialist, Consumer Relations). The latest communications I received from GEMB states, "unfortunately, GEMB does not accept payments from HSAs submitted as a debt" even after I called my bank. My bank told me that I can use the money in my HSA to pay off any bill I want. The designation HSA is only for IRS purposes, not GEMB's purposes. It's simply a checking account. Money is money. My bank resubmitted with the very same account information I sumbitted to GEMB on 04/14/2011, and GEMB took my money from the very same account I used the first time. So which is it? Do they accept money from health savings accounts or don't they? This is just another example of greedy credit card companies engaging in unethical billing and collection practices, trying to stiff the consumers. I am warning everybody, "Do NOT get talked in to using a GEMB card to pay any doctor or dentist." It isn't worth the harassment. Medicaid patients don't have to even pay a copay if they don't have the money, so why are working class consumers being forced in to contracts with companies like GEMB? To Mary K: GEMB doesn't have to cancel my card, I cut the blame thing up and threw it in the trash!
    Please send my any email communications to [email protected] if you have any more hassle from GEMB. I think a class action law suit against the company is in order mys elf after reading that suggestion on this board. Apparently, GEMB is engagin in unethical billing and collection practices across the board. I will NEVER use that card again and stick with my own money market account at BB&T, a bank that I trust and knows me.

Missing Payments/Fraudulent Late Fees

I have had a Sam's Club credit account for years, and never had a problem. I had online bank set up to...

1 comment La Canada Flintridge Credit Cards

Brutal, Ruthless, Satanic Practices

GE MONEY IS THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH. Don't make the mistake of financing anything through these jerks. I was 2 days late on a payment and was harrassed and barraged with phone calls EVERY HOUR. It would be a different person. At one point I stopped answering my calls. I did talk to someone and told them I would have my payment by the following day and to please stop the harrasing phone calls. NOPE-the calls kept coming. Then when I picked up out of frustration, the one ### said "is there any reason why you're not paying us"? Yeah, Einstein, it's because I don't have the money-I had just started a new job and the company messed up my direct deposit. To which he responded" Do you still have the motorcycle you bought wiht Ge Money? how are you liking it?" I told him that he is welcome to come and look at it and maybe even touch it. Beyond that, I would rip his ###ing head off and feed his remains to my pitbulls. Of course this one time I was late, the finance charges went up and as did my monthly payment. I'm convinced Satan created this company because they are ###ing evil.

Debt Collection Aggression

Ge Money demonstates unethical and ruthless business practice

The evidence speaks for itself

Check out this site for detailed info on GE Money's track record

ASIC acts on GE Money’s insurance and debt collection practices

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

ASIC helps Australian consumers understand new credit laws

The more consumers that can access reliable information in a timely manner to better

Consumers should be able to research finance companies first before making a decision to apply for a finance product.

If consumers can see that GE Money products have distinct disadvantages, that the customer service is poor, the interest rates higher, and the debt collection process is very aggressive and damaging for the consumer it is more likely that consumers will not take up GE Money products.

Loss of business for GE Money and lower profits will really make an impact against GE Money

Hit GE Money financially and make a difference

Spread the word about GE Money complaints

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

• Bi
    bigwavegabe Mar 23, 2008

They S...U...C...K... Working in customer service myself for 10 years and 2 years in banking, I can honestly say that GE Money handled my concern/call horribly. I was so frustrated that I ended up closing the account that second. Their "supervisor" was un cooperative, rude, and did not have any interest as far as keeping me as a customer and saving my account. She alone was the reason that I closed my account. I have told everyone I know... If you want a credit card/loan... Don't do it with them!

• Li
    liz Apr 17, 2008

GE Money Loans lures you in with the promise of low rates and helping you consolidate debt. They tell you what you want to hear on the phone and then they rape you with high interest rates and say you pay late when they confirm that you do not if you speak to them. They are a poor representation of their parent company and should be ashamed of the way they treat their customers. The MA Attorney General has several complaints on file but not enough to do a formal investigation - if you write to them - it will help us get a formal investigation going!! Help us wipe out this awful company and see if the consumer can't win this ugly battle!