Having problems with Lloyds Bank?

+44 345 300 0000 (Customer Service)
+44 173 334 7007 (Customer Service)
+44 345 602 1997 (PhoneBank)
+44 800 096 9779 (Lost & Stolen)
+44 345 072 5555 (Business Accounts)
+44 345 300 2281 (Personal Account)
+44 345 300 2280 (Internet Banking Quiries)
+44 170 227 8270 (Replacement Cards Or PINs)
+44 345 606 2172 (Credit Card Enquiries)
+44 345 300 0170 (Home Insurance)
+44 800 7833 534 (Mortgage Queries)
+44 800 731 4044 (Travel Insurance)
25 Gresham Street
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC2V 7HN

Complaints & Reviews

customer service

I changed my name 5 years back by deed poll and i had given deed poll to lloyds bank 5 years back .and after that they had put my new name in my lloyds account.till january 2019 all statement and correspondent was reciving in my new name.now suddenly they send me 1feb 2019 statement in my old name. When i rang customer service in7 feb they said we will looking into your complain and ring you within 5 working days .i told them i want samemonth statement withmy correct name becuase this bsnk statement is very importsnt for my wife settlement in uk.they said they can not issue same statement with anynsme change.they promise me to ring within 5 days.it has been 9 days gone no call or letter recieved. So i wanteither Samemonth bank statement with my correct name or i want £800 compensation.they have given me this compain reference number [protected]

customer service

Lloyds Bank
  • Updated by Saad255396 · Feb 28, 2019

Just gave £250 compensation not happy at all

Scam and fraud companies

I made payments into these accounts for a travel ticket to Lagos which I never get and my 992.00 pounds gone. What is infuriating is that Lloyd's bank knew about these bogus scam companies before, have been informed by police before and they still allowed them to function. If Lloyd's have taken the actions that they were suppose to take when informed by police these scam companies would not have been able to get other victims.
On 17/7/14 I made a payment of 558.00 into
Ajarwal travels
Acc no [protected]
Sort code 309777 and they took my money and nothing was done to the
On 14/5/14 I made a payment of 50 pounds to
Diamond travels
Acc number [protected]
Sort code 77 19 01 and my money home too.
The question is why is so easy to open a company bogus account in Lloyd's. I am not the only victim of these scam companies and Lloyd's bank is still allowing them to trade with the account even after it has been brought to their attention that the companies are scam.

Mis-selling

I have a legal document which gives me authority to deal with any and all of my disabled son's financial...

Edinburgh Banks

scam/faud

Customers BEWARE!!! The following "company" is trying to scam people by variou...

Refund for Wire Transfer

I had sent $6800.00 dollars to Lloyds bank on November 3, 2011 to do a wire transfer I did send the money and was given a code to transfer funds from a account holder but it did not work . I was told I had to set up the account and the account holder name was Benjamin Haruna and the account number was [protected] and the street address was East Dulwich Branch. I did not ever get my funds from the account i was told I had to pay taxws which were never discussed with me before and only after I had paid $6800.00 . I had been scammed by Roy Hooks who had a account with the Co-Operative Bank and his account was 977654 and his pin number 54368. He had over $740, 000.00 in this account per his supposable banker Chris Clemett who pretended to be an employee of The Co-Operative Bank. Chris Clemett had me to go out a borrow $625 last week that was suppose to pay a return fee. He told me that I would get my money sent via a courier well a courier did contact me and stated I had to pay the charges for the delivery of the cheque. I never had been told about any other fees I am now penniless and suffered mental breakdown and in risk of losing my car and health insurance. I can not get anyone to call me back I am the victim here and I have docummentation of the money sent and the email from Chris Clemett. I sent Roy Hooks over $25, 000.00 in a nine month period of time he pretended that he was broke and stuck in Nigeria and his banker who was supposed to be a employee of The Co-Operative Bank knew he had been scamming me and never said anything. I had tried to contact the Lloyds Bank and could not get through I feel as though I am heading for another mental collaspe. I can't handle anymore stress it is too much. I just want my $6800.00 back I did file a complaint with The FBI in the states.

Marilyn Carter

Bank Charges

I recenty signed up for a Internation Lloyds bank card. I have found that they have been charging me 1200 GBP in overdraft fees and penalities. This is based on a monthly charge of 20 GBP. What a rip off!

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 24, 2011

All banks will charge you this amount if you use an unathorised overdraft the only way to stop this is to stop using the overdraft and look into getting one that is authorised.

Frud

hello sir i am rizwan zahid sir you send me my wining idantifiction number thankyou very mutch but sir lloyds bank told me to send us 1000.000gbp amount then i am earn my wining amoumt sir i am a poor person i send her my mother account num i also complain inernational lottery but they told me contact lloyds bank we do nothing for you please i request you help me...

• Co
    complaints Board1 Jun 29, 2011

Dear Complainant,

We have received your complaints and queries.We have gone through your complaint and after contact with The British High Commission.The donor companies; we have understood that there is a series of LOTTERY and giving Out of CASH reward from The United Kingdom.This series of LOTTERY and sweepstakes are being conducted for the upliftment of the people in the developing and under developing countries to eradicate poverty and illiteracy. We have verified and clarified from the United Kingdom Financial institution bodies that the only legal and authorized body responsible for all forms of LOTTERY and sweepstakes being conducted in the United Kingdom is.The WPC ([email protected]), London. Any other means apart from WPC is not legal and been approved by the Great Britain Government.In this regards, we have forwarded your complaint to the Winning Processing Centre through Email.We request you to forward your complaint and queries to the WPC. Their contact details are given below. We assure you that they will assist you to know the fact of your complaint and to solve the issue. Do not contact anybody else there is a lot of fraud and only WPC and HMRC can pay the money to you if it is truth.

Kindly contact the WPC:-([email protected])

Admin Team
    Consumer Board.in

Fake email

25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN

4th December, 2008.

From: Account Department,

My office is in receipt of your email and owing to your request, i want you to understand that the account opening deposit is the minimun requirement for you to setup an online account with us before any form of transfer can be effected.

More also, in respect of the bank charges, there is non required from you for now. All that is required of you is to make payment of '£850 GBP ... 68, 676.76 INR' for the account setup. As soon as the payment is made, your online account will be setup and your account login and pin will be sent to you for immediate access of your online account with us.

Attached to this email is your account application form and payment modalities. Do fill the form and append your signature and also attach a copy of your photo passport and any other means of identification as email attachment for the setting up of your account.

The opening charges should be directed to our regional officer's foriegn remmitance bank account detail in your country/region, with the details below. For easy transaction you can also pay with your country's currency (Rupees) into our affiliated Bank Account in your Country, and send us a scanned copy of your payment slip for confirmation immediately payment is made.

BANK NAME: ICICI BANK, INDIA
A/C NAME: V.S.ENTERPRISES
A/CNO: [protected]
PAN NO:ADKPT8435H
BANK NAME: ICICI BANK INDIA

I will await your account application form alongside with a scanned copy of your payment slip details.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Yours faithfully,
Michael Smith.
(Account Officer)

Fake email

Lloyds Tsd
  • Ic
    ICICI Bank Customer Care May 26, 2011

Hi,

There are misleading e-mails/ advertisements being sent to customers of various Banks stating that funds need to be credited to their account with respect to some lottery / inheritance/ job offers / international funds transfer / gifts etc. We urge you not to react or share any information in response to such communication.

Regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Service Team.

• De
    deepak konch Jun 08, 2011

Dear sir
    I am purcahe lloyd window ac i am not satisfied lloyd window ac my ac not cooling room
    Deepak agrawal
    konch
    dist-jalaun .up
    mobil n0 9918001390

Indifferent to customer problems

Having contacted Lloyds TSB bank with a request to cease all further payments to EVERBRITE SMILE I was informed there was nothing they could do and I would have to contact the company myself, when I explained that it was impossible to contact them I was told it wasn't there problem and I would just have to continue to pay each month, when I told Llyods I would then consider changing my bank account the guy said fine do it

• Su
    Suleman May 19, 2009

I was looking through my account and i came to know that aproximately 55 pound has been deducted from my account without my authorisation. I have never relation with this GJI and never did any transaction in the past. Could you please consider this serious matter and helping me getting refund of my money. Thanks.

• Fo
    Foxy9212 Jul 27, 2010

I had dealings with an affiliate of the company you mention. I contacted Lloyds fraud department and reported that I was being charged for goods I never received and that my personal details had been passed to a mirriad of different affiliate companies, all of whom were attempted to extract 'subscriptions.' I was given a Milton Keynes address to contact asking that all attempts to withdraw funds by any of the affiliates concerned, as well as by the original company, "Pure Lift Ultra" were to cease forthwith or legal action would be taken.

I never heard from any of these people again.

Lloyds cancelled my credit card immediately and couldn't have been more helpful.

Sorry to hear your dealings with them have not been as successful and wish you luck.

• Di
    disapointed123 Jan 06, 2011

I went into my local loyds tsb branch yesterday to enquire to why i was overdrawn as i have been keeping an eye on my finances to be told with an attitude look see im not lying which i dont think is very good customer service so are therefore taking my services elsewhere. They only seem to want to help when they are selling you something that yu dont need or want.

ANANTHARAMULU Apr 11, 2012

dear sir, my son p.k .arem has presented draft HYD 039771 dated 16=01-2012 for 7000gbp which was issued by bank of baroda hyderabad, india in Lloyds tsb bank, hanley, stafforsdshire on 16-02-2012 and his account no is 34278868, sort code -309383. But after a week Lloyds tsb bank said to my that the cheque was lost in the course of clearance and founds were not credited. so for the cheque is not traced.Because of the bank, my son is facing financial problems. bankof baroda is not issuing another cheque. please address to bank of baroda london for directing the bank of baroda hyderabad to issue another cheque at an early date.Help us. thanking you sir. please give reply or mail to this address-; [email protected] ; PLEASE GIVE ME REPLY SOON.

Missing / stolen money

Letter wanting to submit but no complaints online for lloydstsb so I will do on here.

I'm so upset and angry I am not sure what I am writing so please be understanding.

I am penniless and bringing up a child on my own, my ex pays no money and employees at your Luton Park St Branch have stolen from me, and I have no proof. It may only be £20 to them and they thought I would not miss but I now cannot buy any basics now like milk and cereal etc. for my 12 yr old daughter.

Yesterday Wednesday the 28th April and about 1.17pm I withdrew money from your ATM at Park St branch, from my Barclays account, which is my rent paid in by the council as I need help towards my rent. I put it then into Lloydstsb as I do not have a chequebook with Barclays to pay my lettings a cheque for rent, I withdrew £220.
£200 was to be paid into the deposit for my rent and £20 I was to borrow and nip across the road to Iceland and get myself some basics, eg tea, milk, cereal, the normal so we did not faint from hunger.
I do not queue up as always busy and my daughter alone at home unwell I live around corner and was nipping out for half hour maximum. And so I tend to use the deposit box, which my father always against since he lost almost £300 where forgot to add paying in slip with another bank, I always said Lloydstsb are good and I trust them well I normally used the other Branch in the town centre, plus my brother had worked there in management over 20 yrs but just been made redundant.
Anyway there was a crowd waiting to use the ATM and I worry someone is always going to snatch the money so I quickly put into paying in envelope and put straight into deposit point.

One job done I then nipped across to Iceland to grab a few basics, halfway round with a basket almost full I cursed myself as I realised I had put the £20 for shopping in with the £200. So £220 had gone in but only £200 on the paying in slip I then ran back to the bank and started to queue up so could explain but I started to worry about daughter now as gone longer then said, and left for home. I thought oh well I can get out when its gone into account, I just have no food.

With no food I then had to drag my ill daughter to my mums so we could have dinner and cup of tea as also out of teabags. I said Its OK to my parents as they have had bad experiences with banks and savings and lost money and investments, I said it will go in account and I will get out later on.

Well guess what, I was a flabbergast when I saw someone had been dishonest and only put in £200 as that's all I had put on paying in slip, how could two dishonest tillers get away with it, but they could as It all added up when cashed up, £20 in their pocket and not left over.
I am an honest person and I know I put the whole £220 in that deposit envelope. I would not dream of hurting or stealing from another human being.

I am so hurt and upset and angry as they have took the food out my babes mouth, and it was my rent I had borrowed, I'm so angry. I have no proof and not only am I £20 short for rent but I have no food to show for it.

I am so honest that once when I paid in money I had forgot to put all the money in as had to withdraw the rest out to add to the deposit envelope, I phoned the bank in tears explaining my mistake and that the wrong amount was in the envelope to what I had wrote on the paying in slip, I was sure the same would have been done in return and they would of said there was £220 not £200 like the day they wrote to tell me I had not put in enough.

Our money is meant to be safe in a bank, and I so hope what goes around comes around as I am so so angry as that £20 is a hell of a lot to me, I cant sleep or concentrate and the thought of how people can be so nasty and take what is not theirs to take, be careful Lloydstsb as it will not end at innocent folks twenty pound notes, They will want bigger fish to fry.

Fraud, Charges

Where do i start... I came to the UK in November. Opened up a Lloyds account in Jan, and a week later had...

Scam charge

Early January 2009 I purchased a music keyboard from www.computerwharehouse.co.uk online using my Lloyds TSB debit card. Many weeks later, having attempted to contact seller almost daily, I phoned them again on 31 January 2009 and got a message saying 'now closed'. Same day I contacted Lloyds TSB Card Services, informing them of the problem. They checked if money for the keyboard had gone out, and told me that it hadn't and that they would stop my card immediately as a 'lost and stolen card' therefore no money would be allowed to be taken from that debit card. Five days later I received my new debit card.

Then on 10 February 2009 I was informed by Lloyds that £133.04 had been taken from my previous debit card to pay computer wharehouse. When I contacted my bank, and card services, they told me they wouldn't refund me the money and that I should get in touch with Trading Standards.

• Ai
    airbornerudra Sep 08, 2015

£19.95 per month has been taken out of my Lloyds TSB acct since Feb 2015. There have been 7 transactions and I would like this re-reimbursed ASAP with an explanations! Thank you.

Mrs Ambika Khadka
    01252 326235

Obstructive and discourteous

My wife has had a current account with Lloyds TSB for a number of years, while I have banked with Royal Bank Of Scotland for well over a decade. When we got married (recently) we decided to consolidate to a single current account and ended up opting for Lloyds TSB (the wife won that debate). We went and set everything up with Lloyds in person, signed all the forms, produced all the necessary ID etc. but a few days later when (via Lloyds phone banking, which I had set up at the branch) I tried to move a large amount from the low interest Lloyds current account into a high interest online savings account that we have, I was met with complete resistence and rudeness. The person I spoke to would not explain why they wouldnt move the funds, even though I had proven who I was with entering my password etc., insisting instead that I must go into my local branch to prove who I am. Not very satisfactory as I had been through all this at the local branch a few days previous plus I wouldn't be able to get to my local branch for quite a few days, so really I wanted this done over the phone and wasn't given any reason why this couldnt be achieved. My wife called them that evening and was also not given any explanation for why I needed to prove my identity - then when she tried to initiate the transfer herself (as I had tried to do earlier) they tried to talk her out of it telling her they'd be able to offer her a better rate if she opened a savings account with Lloyds! So it started to look like all the obtrusiveness was purely down to the bank not wanting to let go of the money - this I find worrying in the extreme. In short, we don't need any of this nonsense - we need a bank that will provide a good, efficient service - one that wil willingly follow a basic instruction without question or hesitation (let alone resistence). If TSB Lloyds cannot provide such a service then we will maintain our current account with another bank (such as Royal Bank Of Scotland), its as simple as that.

I want to know is this is a scam

Ref: UK-BTL/4910XI/04
Batch: 12/25/0304

Transfer Identification Serial No: IRL/OWN/9876

Attn: Winner,

I am in reciept of your mail and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this years lucky dip sweepstakes. As you may have not been aware your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 100, 000 Unions on the internet. Each email address was attached to a ticket number. Your email address was selected as winner.

Please contact the office of the Lloyds TSB Bank Plc United Kingdom with this email address below:

Office Email: [protected]@lloydstsbkonlinegroups.co.cc

6.OCCUPATION:________________________
7.E-MAIL ADDRESS:_____________________________
8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________
9. COUNTRY________________________________

The Lloyds TSB Bank Plc would be responsible for the transfer/delivery of your funds (payment of your prize money), and original copies of your winning certificate which would require the fiduciary agent signature, and Please oblige to follow their instructions so that your winnings prize can get to you on time. Do ensure to file your claims to them with a copy of your verification particulars. Endeavour to make your winnings confidential during the process of the transfer of your winnings.

MEMORANDOM OF UNDERSTANDING
We happily announce to you that you are a winner of the draw (#2011) of the Irish National Lottery, online Sweepstakes International program held this week. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: [protected] 188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers:(bonus no.), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £1.350, 000.00 GBP in cash credited to file KTU/[protected]/03.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100, 000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place weekly.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in England as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £1.350, 000 GBP Would be released to you by this office.

Its is imperative that you add your Transfer Identification Serial No: {IRL/OWN/9876} as the subject of any correspondence with the Lloyds TSB Bank to ensure that they respond in a timely manner.

Thanks for your understanding.

Once more congratulations!!!

Mr Edward Brown,
Fiduciary Agent.

scam - lottery winning e-mail for online banking

received this e-mail on Monday, 1 December, 2008 7:39 AM From: "LLOYDS TSB BANK"...

Cuban sanctions

As an ordinary citizen with a Lloyds TSB bank account, I have read with concern and anger the decision by you to suspend banking services to UK retailers because they trade with Cuba. You say it is because the US will prosecute any business that trades with Cuba. There are several issues here, all of which show your unwillingness to side with the little guy.

First of all, is this decision by the US legal? Can they arbitrarily decide who it is they can refuse to trade with? On what basis has the US conducted a 50-year blockade of Cuba? What right of blockade do they have? Have you investigated this? If not, why not?

Are you complying for business reasons? If so then you are spineless.

Secondly, what about the rights of British citizens to trade? Are you not interfering with these? Where in the UK Constitution does it say we have to abide by the legal system of a non-EU government? Have you checked to see what the rights of UK citizens are to trade with Cuba? I doubt it.

It seems that Lloyds TSB has to taken the easy and profitable way out, to appease a powerful trading block rather than side with its own citizens. Rather than tell the US that their demands infringe basic freedoms and liberties of Britons, you have kowtowed for business reasons. So be it. As long as we know which side you are on. You are on the side of big business against us, the ordinary man in the street.

Finally, here are two questions I would like answers to, as they concern me personally, a little guy. Am I free to visit Cuba on holiday, or do you have the right to censure that as well? What if I want to send a donation to Cuba for all the good work they are doing in their hospitals, will you refuse to honour that cheque?

Nick Ferriman
Global citizen

• Th
    Theo van de Bilt Jun 16, 2008

As a Lloyds Bank customer of 29 years I take this very seriously. Unless the bank revokes its decision to give in to US pressure I will take my account elsewhere. I have also contacted Ian Gibson of the all party Cuba group and my local mp. I hope many people will do likewise.

• He
    Helen Wood Jun 19, 2008

I, too, was appalled to read of LloydsTSB's actions on this and went to Barclays to change my account. However, they too refuse to allow customers to use their dollar accounts to trade with Cuba. I have written to my MP and to Barclays and Lloyds about this. I'm particularly interested in legislation that apparently exists in Britain to penalise companies making such discriminatory policies - it was on the Cuba Solidarity web-site which came up in my Google search for bank policies! The following is what appeared on the Cuba Solidarity site:

"The United States has applied a blockade against Cuba for 47 years. In 1992 and 1996 the US strengthened the blockade. The so-called Torricelli Law of 1992 made it illegal for US-owned subsidiaries in third countries to trade with Cuba and the so called Helms Burton Act of 1996 made investing in Cuba by foreign companies liable to prosecution in the US. These extra-territorial elements were opposed by the countries of the EU. This lead to the adoption by the British Government of 'antidote' legislation in 1996, (No. 3171, PROTECTION OF TRADING INTERESTS). This legislation penalises companies in the UK that comply with the extra-territorial aspects of US law. It is thus designed to counteract the effects of the US legislation. While it is still on the statute book it has never been invoked."

I have asked my MP to follow this up.

• Ni
    Nick Ferriman Jul 07, 2008

I emailed Lloyd's Bank three weeks ago and I have yet to receive have a reply. Very simply, they give not a jot for the man on the Clapham omnibus. But I bet my bank charges will go up to cover their losses in the sub-prime mortgage fiasco.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices