Having problems with GE Money Bank?

+1 617 443 3000 (Head Office)
+1 800 435 4448 (GE Lighting)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 215 355 3300 (GE Power, Water)
+1 281 448 4410 (GE Power, Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (GE Power, Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (GE Power, Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances / Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 800 800 4857 (Verification Of Employment)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

Complaints & Reviews

Billing cycle date

I would like information on where I can field a formal compliant against GE Care credit service. I have a problem every month since I have gotten this account which is ridiculous. This is the only account in which the billing cycle changes every month ranging from the 12th thru 15th. Every month I process the payment through my bank and GE conveniently never gets the payment by the due date in order to charge me a late fee. I complained last month and they remove the fee. Just when I think things are back on track here goes another late fee because the damm due date changed again. I call care credit and they refuse to give me a credit, the reps where rude to me on the phone and refuse to give me credit for something that is not my fault. I will be filling a complaint with the Better business Bureau and I plan on going to the news or anybody that can help me find out what is going on with this company. I just lost my job and I can’t afford to be paying out any additional money to GE every month. I have had other GE account and I have never had these types of problems

Dishonest/ Worst Customer Service Ever Experienced

I just had a huge altercation with them on the phone. I was on hold with a so called "escalated specialist" Upon answer the phone she was very rude. I was very polite to her. after giving my account information to her, I began to explain what the situation was. As I was explaining to her the wrong doing on behalf of GE Money, she rudely continously began to interupt me. I asked her to allow me to finish before interupting me. Can you belive she then started to yell at me. I am so frustrated and upset now. I've had nothing but the worst customer service I've experienced in my life with GE Money!

What really can be done??
I guess we need to try and beat them at their own so called "GAME." Im at nearly a 30% rate with them. My goodness I might as well go to a loan shark. Shouldn't that kind of rate be Illegal?
Well what I did is just paid off the sum of what I owe, in hopes to get rid of this tromendous hedache.

Oh and let me mention, they have charged me over $200 in fees, not to mention a $35 fee from my bank cause they made an unauthorized withdrall from my acct. Wich after nearly two weeks now they have been unable to explain!

Some one please shine some light on this!

Maureen Kronemeyer Feb 28, 2009

I had a very similar experiene today with the "escalated specialist" and she hung on me. I explained that 2 months ago, we went through the exact same procedure and it did not work that time. We have tried to set this up as an auto payment online. When I log in to our GE Money USA account, and go to payment, it shows the routing number last 4 digits and the account number last four digits from our checking with the other numbers replaced with asterisk (*). Customer service says our account number only shows there are only 8 total numbers in our account number in their records yet on the payment page it shows we have a 10 number account (6 asterisks and 4 numbers) which is correct. So they submit the wrong number to our bank and it is returned to GE and then GE charges us a $39 returned check fee. She just said to re enter the account number again. I explained that we went through the same procedure 2 months ago and it didn't work. She said "Just do what I say" and then hung up on me.

In the last 2 months, they have charged us an additional $93.13 in returned check and other late payment fees on a supposedly a 2 year free interest account.

I think there system is a scam to make money and they intentionally submit wrong account numbers to make money. And this is the first time I ever had a customer service person hang up on me.

Fiance charge

I am submitting a compliant about a finance charge that should not have been applied to my bill- HH Greg said...

Brookville Credit Cards

Credit

My husband and I needed a set of four tires for his truck. The current ones won't pass inspection so we can't get a current inspection sticker. We've tried to find decent used tires but haven't been able to yet. He needs this truck to go to work every day.

The cheapest we've been able to find are $600 (out the door) for a set of four. We didn't quite have the whole $600. We had $300 cash available. We tried to get $300 credit at Pep Boys and Discount Tire. They both use GE Money Bank.

We were refused and were told "We haven't seen them giving credit to ANYONE lately!" We don't have the best credit in the world but it's not that bad either. GE Money Bank got a government bail-out (OUR money) and they are on my black list from now on, whether the economy improves or not.

We weren't asking for a private jet, or to advertise our business on the side of the Super Bowl for $5 jillion trillion. We asked for a $300 loan for 4 tires to go back and forth to work.

So Ge Money Bank, you know where you can go.

Candace Feb 24, 2009

Interesting comments and thanks for sharing. I hold 2 credit cards with GE, one is Lowe's Home Improvement and the other is Paypal Buyer Credit. I have never been late with a payment or over limit on either and have had them for 5-7 years. I recently received letters stating that my credit limits were reduced (twice for Paypal in the last 6 months, even though I hadn't used it). The bad thing is that they reduced my limits to the remaining balance amount, so to the credit agencies, it looks like they are maxed out, which instantly reduces my credit score. Needless to say, I paid them off with my tax return. I will keep them simply because there is no annual fee and they actually add to my long term credit reporting, which again, can impact my score. Otherwise, I would tell them to shove it. If this is how they treat their good customers, maybe you should be grateful you were spared doing business with them! I hope your husband managed to get some decent tires without the help (horror) of GE!

• Gr
    grrrlovely Mar 09, 2009

I also hold a card with GE Money Bank. I have been systematically closing all my accounts with banks that have received bailout funds. With this in mind, I researched GE Money Bank...

As an FYI:

GE Money Bank is the US credit card issuer under General Electric (GE) Capital who taps funds from the Federal Reserve Bank of NY (FRBNY)(http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/23/business/morg24.php). The FRBNY has had $20 billion dollars committed to them through the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP or the "bailout"). However, the FRBNY has not spent any of that money...

And, as of mid-February, GE Capital had NOT recieved any TARP funds (bailout money) at all! So for now, I am keeping this card.

Best wishes for safe banking!

• Ga
    G.A.K. Jan 01, 2010

I went to pep boys and had $700.00 + work don’t to my blazer. had $900.00 +left on credit. statement was only 2 weeks old. went to swipe my card and was denied. I called the # on the back of the card and it said I only had just over $100.00. didn’t know what was going on. I called them the next day and they said they lowered my credit limit. I went to pep boys on the 22 nd went to pick up my blazer on the 23 rd . ge money says they sent a letter out to me. Did not get it. I waited until I got off work and called again. Talked to a supervisor. And asked when they lowered my credit. and he said it was the 22 nd. The same day I took my blazer in. isn’t that funny. I no longer own my 1997 blazer thanks to ge money bank. Some one else is enjoying the work I had done to it now. I Have bad credit now due to ge money and had to go to court. Thanks a lot you bunch of f****** at ge money. The government bailed your ### out and you screw me. Needless to say pep boys lost a customer thanks to ge money. I will not step foot into a pep boys. I know it is not pep boys fault but that’s life. Not only that but they don’t sell bicycle parts. that’s what I have to ride now. I hope who ever decided to do this to me rots in hell.

untrue late payments

Discount tire told me to sign up with ther credit card through ge money bank, To get a discount so i did. I sent to payments to bring my balance to zero. Then later on i see later on my credit that they show 3 late payments on my credit. i called them and they say it was a mistake and they will fix it. They sent me a letter saying that i was never late within the past two years. They still have the lates on my credit i just called again and a manager said that there is nothing they can do and they say i was late after they already sent me a letter saying i was never late with in the past two years. She said the letter's they sent we not accurate and a mistake ..just like the late payments on my account they are a scam .

FINANCE CHARGE

THE BANK MAKES MY PAYMENT AND BECAUSE OF THEM I WAS ONE DAY LATE AND YOU CHARGED ME 39.00. i DON'T THINK THAT IS FARE. ALSO WHY ALL OF THE SUDDEN IS THE FINANCE CHAGE $90.05. THERE WAS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE FINANCE CHANGE FOR A YEAR. THERE ARE ALSO CHARGES ON THE ACCOUNT THAT WE HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM AND HAVE ASKED FOR AN EXPLAINATION AND CREDIT. THIS NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED IMMEDIATELY. ACCOUNT NUMBER IS [protected]. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND CORRECT AND FINANCE CHARGE AND GIVE ME THE CREDIT FOR THE CHARGES THAT ARE NOT MINE. PHONE NUMBER IS [protected]. BECAUSE OF THESE CHARGES MY ACCOUNT IS OVER AND I AM BEING CHARGED FOR THAT.

bacardiboi May 13, 2009

wow...

can we talk about how =stupid= the OP is??

i see a full account number, telephone number and full name (user name)

you are worried about finance charges and you have just opened yourself up to serious credit card fraud...

wow...

MONEY OWED TO ME

BACK IN OCTOBER 08 I ENTERED IN TO A HARDSHIP PROGRAM WITH GE MONEY BANK.WHICH I WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY 3 NOTES OF 1621.00 A MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS TO PAY OFF THE NOTE IN FULL. BUT AFTER I PAID THE SECOND NOTE I LOST MY JOB SO I CALLED THEM TO ASK IF THEY COULD SPLIT THE LAST PAYMENT IN 3 PAYMENTS TO FINISH THE CONTRACT AND GOT THE OK FROM SHAWN A SUPERVISOR. BUT ON JAN. 20TH 09 THEY WITHDRAWED THE WHOLE PAYMENT OUT OF MY ACCT. SO I CALLED THEM AND THEY PUT IT BACK IN BUT ON THE 26TH THEY DREW IT OUT AGAIN I WAS UNAWARE OF THIS SO I STARTED PAYING OTHER BILLS. THEY CAUSE ENOUGH OVER DRAFTS TO TOTAL 2500.00. SO THEY TOLD ME TO SEND THE BANK STATEMENT AND THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME EVERYTHING. THIS HAS NOT HAPPEN. TIMES ARE HARD WITHOUT A COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGE AND STEEL YOUR MONEY FROM YOU.HOW CAN A COMPANY LIKE THIS BE ALLOWED TO STAY IN BUSSINESS. BETTER BUSSINESS HAS LOGGED OVER 6000 COMPLAINTS AGAINST THIS COMPANY. CAN SOMEONE HELP I NEED MY 2500.00 BACK. NOW I CAN'T EVEN USE MY BANK ACCT I HAVE TO MAKE MONEY ORDERS FOR EVERYTHING --HELP GETTING READY TO LOSE EVERYTHING

cattycat22 Mar 06, 2009

duh. all you had to do is put a stop payment on your checks before the company cashed them. Call and speak again with a supervisor, asking people on here is a waste of time.

Change in credit terms

I purchased a mattress from Sleepy's with a contract of interest free paymnets for 48 months. I signed a contract for 48 equal payments. GE bank billed me for much higher amount. When called, after 30 plus minutes of wait the associate informed me that the account was not set up right. I will have t wait for a manager to fix it. I waited 15 minutes and had to hang up. In th next call, after 40 minutes of waiting, I was informed to go back to Sleepy's to get this resolved. They are billing based on terms sent to them by Sleepy's.

GE bank would not give me a copy of the contract I had signed and instead gave me a pre-printed contract with diffrent terms. They would not even allow set up of auto deduction from my account. Basiclaly this is a bait and switch, extremly poor customer service, and preditory lending, wating for one day's delay to jack up the rate to 22%. The first and last time I will deal with GE Bank or Sleepy's.

• La
    LarkB Apr 29, 2009

I received a letter today that our Lowe's card had been closed. We have been Lowe's customers for years and always paid off our balances well ahead of time. It's not like we need to use the card all of the time, but I guess if you don't carry a balance, you're not valuable to them.

Our credit report will reflect that the account was closed by the guarantor which will impact it negatively, even though we were never deliquent. This is a travesty. It's difficult enough to maintain a good credit score with the current economic climate, then when companies like this piece of <insert obscenity here> resort to tactics like this, consumers are being punished for GOOD payment practices. Of course, we're at their mercy and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

Word of advice to all consumers...do not do business with stores using GE Money Bank as their guarantor for credit accounts. You will ultimately wind up regretting it if you do. If you are doing business with them, pay off your accounts and close them before they have a chance to close them for you. Your credit score will take a hit, but not as badly as when they close them.

Partial list:

JC Penny
    Banana Republic
    Old Navy
    Car-X
    Care Credit (veterinary care)

Charges in Error & Fradulent-EXORBITANTLY HIGH INTEREST RATES

I bought two lap tops from Peachtree and GE Money Bank is the finance company-what a total joke--I have been paying more than the minimum payment for over two years and only $400 has been paid toward the laptops--the payments are made the day that they are due (online) and late charges are shown on the bill EVERY MONTH--then you call and spend at least 90 minutes on the phone with someone from a foreign country trying to get it taken off. A horrible company!!!

JACK Mar 18, 2009

I bought a lawn mower on promotion from GE Money Bank. I pay online on due date every month & i always have late charges. When i call customer service i get a rude foreigner insisting im late. They get very angry when i dispute the charges.
    I mailed copies of my online transactions to them to prove i paid early. Never get a reply
    I will never do business with GE Money Bank again.
    BEWARE !!!

Fraud account practices

BEWARE GE MONEY BANK! Someone at a Whitehall Jewelry store authorized my husband to use MY account to pay for jewelry on it. He WAS NOT listed as a user on my account. A few months later, we are getting a divorce and I see where they are sticking ME with this 2000$ bill for jewelry that he paid for using my account! I called and explained to them that I never authorized him to use this account, but they refused to transfer this account to his name, and basically told me tough, it's your problem, YOU pay for it. He offered to have this debt transferred to an account for him but they refused. He took out a promotional 12 months no interest deal on the purchase, and let the 12 months expire leaving a balance, so now I am getting socked with all the intersest accrual on the account as well. The people I spoke with on the phone were both hateful and incosiderate. BEWARE GE MONEY BANK! I will never ever do business with this company again!

bajaskier Feb 06, 2009

Small claims court, baby! Sue their ### off!

jetretry02009 Sep 07, 2010

first. whitehall and ge money are two differnet companies. You should be mad at them not GE. plus this would be something they would have forwarded to their fraud depatment if anything. Its not GEs fault if whitehall let someone use the card. you should have contacted fraud

Timely Application of Payment

Wow - what an ordeal it's been trying to make payment on our account with GE Money Bank. I told GE that an electronic payment was coming from Capital One soon and that it should post to the account either by or before the due date. The payment had not posted by the due date, but a customer service rep was nice enough to extend the due date by a few days to allow for processing delays. The two days came and went and still no payment posted. Called Capital One and they said the payment was refused by GE. Called GE and now they say "We don't accept electronic payments." Spoke to GE and they gave us an additional week grace period. Had Capital One send a paper check in the mail, confirmed with Capital One when it would go out in the mail, worst case scenario, and when we should expect it to post, and they said within one week, since it was being sent from Virginia to Orlando, FL. Check actually mailed two days early, so it had plenty of time to get to their payment processing facility and post. One week deadline came and went, still no payment posted. Called GE, rather irate, and they said, "sorry, you had until such and such a date to get this paid and you didn't. The finance charges stick." Lo and behold, right after I threatened legal action, a few hours later the payment posts to the account online. My financial advisor and I are now in the process of taking legal steps to make sure we are not liable for the $3600 in finance charges GE alleges we owe. Erik from Minnesota.

• Cl
    clrd Oct 31, 2009

GE Moneybank is the only bank/creditcard company with which I've ever had a problem. I use a bank bill pay service: No matter how many days prior to the "payment due date" that the bank made the payment, GE Moneybank never posted it until after the due date. In September, 2009, my payment was due on the ninth. The payment cleared my bank on September 2. GE Moneybank posted it on September 17.

Talking to their customer service (Steve in New Delh) is a total waste of time.

This was for an Amazon.com Storecard. I've done business with Amazon for years. I cannot believe that they have associated themselves with this shoddy, if not illegal, business.

Changes due dates to get late fees

GE Money Bank owns & services Chevron/Texaco credit card bills. My chevron bill was always due around the 20th of every month. All the sudden it was changed to the 12 then the 11 then the 10...

I cancelled the card immediately. GEMB is lurking everywhere. Check your cards!!

I also had a motorhome payment with GEMB that I refinanced right away, when I was told in order to make an extra principle payment I had to send it separately and to a different address! Can you believe it! This is their way of discouraging folks from paying off a loan early. Buyer beware. I do not understand how they are getting away with this! Who can we complain to? Who regulates these institutions?

Harassing calls for an account that is not ours

We have been getting phone call for three weeks from GE Money Bank trying to collect a debt that is not ours. We have received over 15 calls. Each time they are told they have the wrong person and not to call back. We did a block on our phone but they got around that. I don't know how to stop them.

• Ye
    Yesenia Feb 23, 2009

I AM ALSO RECEIVING DEBT COLLECTIONS CALLS TO MY HOME AND MY CELLPHONE FOR AN ACCOUNT THAT IS NOT MINE. I HAVE ASKED THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO REMOVE MY CONTACT INFORMATION FROM THE ACCOUNT THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO ME AND EACH TIME THEY SAY THEY HAVE AND EACH MONTH THEY CALL ME AT ALL HOURS OF THE DAY.

• Si
    SignOf The Times Aug 22, 2009

Noway - a few seconds ago
    This is a scam and the posts you see on here that claim different have hidden agendas for doing so. These people try to use psychology fear and even compassion to ferret out further information. In my case... I never had an account with Chase to begin with neither did I apply for a card. However, they claimed the only way that they could verify the letter I received claiming I had an account, was to render SS#. So I said I would render it. He offered information to prove his validity.
    Of which I caught 3 discrepancies. Of which he apologized for and said he would have to alert his supervisor of immediately. LOL

First the phone # offered to me for a Experian is not the actual telephone number for Experian. This was verified by My Credit FRAUD monitoring service. The # 1800 955 9060 is not anywhere on the legitimate CHASE.COM sites. And after pointing this out to him, he in turn claimed it must have been in error. Also I blocked when calling them, however he claimed my phone number did not match into their system on a search. However asked me to fax or scan the fraudulent letter I received to him. LOL Why would I block my number then release it pending exposing impostors of phishing scams? LOGICAL?

So the numbers in question that were blown out of the water for inconsistencies are: 1800 955 9060, 866 396 8254, & 888 738 3115.
    The last number listed is where I was routed to the third time for the so called Internal Dept. Of which the individual claimed to be an employee of CHASE.

It gets better. He offered me advice to make a consumer complaint saying the number for Experian was 1800 311 4769. Not according to my sources. I am warning people on here to use discernment as much psychology, guile and deception is prevalent in these economic times and the false rebuttals on this page just verify the compliance of these evil entities in the destruction of your economy. Karma is as Karma does and Justice prevails. This page is being used to access info that we know so they can use it to hide better.
    Caller: GE MONEY BANK

slow processing of payments

It takes up to 2 weeks for your payment to clear. They set low credit limits so that your month to month limit is easily exceeded. I have a Discover card by the real Discover and never have any issues, with a $12K limit. Sams lures you into a new card that pays 2%, but GE is the issuing bank...It comes with low credit limits, very slow payment posting (sets you up for excess charges & fees) and lousy customer service. The only good thing that I suggest, is to pay in person at the Club, that way you get a receipt & GE can't drag their feet in posting the payment.

Turned Down for Pay Later

I applied with Pay Pal to get a pay later account. GE Money Bank turned me down for reasons that were...

Overcharged

I accepted the Care Credit to pay my vet bill for my kitty and dog bill. At first it was very timely with my...

Predatory Lending

AGREE WITH PREVIOUS POSTS 100%! GE Money Bank should be sued, shut down, whatever it takes, to get rid of them. I see that once again, I am not the only one.

My Paypal was in good standing, but they lowered my limit and right before the payment due date, so of course I got hit with a fee. And they charge interest on their fees. They did the same with my JC Penney card, which was also in good standing. They pulled stunts like this and others several years ago, when I had a loan for something else with them. It ended in a very unhappy way for both of us. They are the biggest lowlifes in the credit industry.

I had several store credit cards before I found out that they control most of the big retail store credit cards (NOT Macy's--that's a different one) and Paypal. We should close all of our accounts with them, since that's what they will do antway if we don't owe them anything on them and BOYCOTT ALL of their cards and services. Maybe the retailers we love will get the hint and use another company to take care of their credit cards. GE Money Bank needs to go down HARD!

• Br
    Bren Jan 16, 2009

I think I may be the victim of predatory lending practices by GE Money, but I don't know what to do about it. I am ashamed to admit it, but I know very little about money. When I got my GE Money Bank Card to purchase a ring, it seemed like I should only have to pay about 100/month and that I could remove the balance over time this way. But it turns out I somehow ended up with a 29% interest rate. Now I owe them a bunch of money, I have lost my job and apartment, and they keep calling me for the money. I don't know what to do.

Candace Feb 25, 2009

WOW! I thought it was just me. Thanks for the warning. I'm sure they are coming after my JC Penney account next after slashing my Lowe's and PayPal accounts. They are the worst and how dare they start off the letters with "Thanks for being a good customer, we appreciate your business" when it is so obvious that that they don't!

bacardiboi May 13, 2009

they "slashed" your credit line because you defaulted on other credit cards. its not GEmoney bank's fault you have bad credit!!

quit blaming other people for your own faults!!

Credit Card Lowered limits and closures

I received notice from Sams Club Discover (GE MONEY BANK) that they were lowering my limit from $4500 to...

[Resolved] Credit Fraud Waste and Abuse

Don't ever shop at Daniel's Jewelers. Don't ever sign up for GE Money credit. If you do ...

Unauthorized bank withdrawals

I have an auto loan with GE Money Bank. In November 2008 I authourized a payment for $405.00. Well, the next day they took out another $415.00 out of my checking account since they now have my account information. Not only that they attempted to take out $229.00 a few days later and another $229.00 two days after that. Ofcourse by then my bank account was raped and caused over $275.00 in NSF fees. I called several times and faxed them the information that they requested. Here it is mid January 2009 and have not had this issue solved by them. On top of that they still call me and state that I am late on my payments!! I suckered in and made another payment to stop the computerized harassing phone calls. I spoke to the collections manager Caleb Hanger and told me that they were looking into the unauthorized withdrawals. Again it is now over two month's later. I got Caleb Hangers direct number from an employee and call him everyday regarding my situation. I leave him messages because he either is never in the office or totally disregarding my phone calls.
It appears that it is O.K. for them to get away with taking money out of your account without authorization which to me is illegal and don't even care about following up on THEIR customers complaint. What is a person do when this occurs? My next step is to get lawyers involved. I have already filed a [redacted] and going to call the Better Business Beurau. Dont deal with this finance company! Just google GE money bank ripp off and see all of the others that are in a similar situation!!

jerry williams Feb 10, 2009

i think everyone shouild get together and file a class action lawsuit against them i'm overdrawn by 2500.00 because of them there thieves

jenjen Mar 10, 2009

I think a class action is in order as well. I authorized them to take $86 out of my account. My minimum is $73. I was not behind in my bill. They are stating that I authorized them to take the "minimum payment due" from a prior statement where I had made a payment since the statement and before setting up auto-pay. With auto-pay I selected "other amount". They took out $163 rather than the specified $86, and I was charged $22 NSF by my bank.
    They have come up with every excuse under the sun to claim that they did no err.
    We need to find a good attorney as I am quite sure there are LOTS of us out there with the same gripe.
    I will be filing a complaint within my state of Montana.

• Em
    emaillisaann Aug 06, 2009

After falling behind on ONE payment of approx. $25, GE Money began calling me upwards to 10 times a day. I finally spoke with them and explained my current situation; they seemed recptive and even "reversed" the late fee. I pre-authorized a payment for August 7, 2009, only to find out they took it out on August 4 instead. Not only did this cost me $70 in NSF charges, but they charged my another late fee AND a $10 fee for a "phone payment."

I spoke with them today and explained that this whole ordeal has just cost me $120 in unneccessary charges, and that I wanted my $70 back, the late charge reversed, and also expect reimbursement for the $10 phone payment fee, that I was never told about.

I was told that the manager was going to "review" my phone call and determine whether or not I truly did request the payment to be on the 7th, and to call back NEXT WEEK!

For God's sake, I could have went online myself and made the payment for FREE. This is just crazy! Fortunately, my bank (who said they have heard of several similar situations with GE Money) graciously agreed to reverse ONE of the overdraft charges for me.

I can't imagine that GE MONEY will admit their wrong doing, even if they do bother to "review" my phone call.

• Ms
    MS KTM Jan 26, 2010

I also was just ripped off by GE money. they not only took 302.00 they put it on a check number that i don't even have. I called and they say I authorized it, but here is the catch, the day they say this happened I was in the emergency room all day with my mother. I incurred over 120.00 in bounced check charges from there dipping into my bank account. The jerk on the phone even said to me that that would be illegal for us to take without authorization. I asked to hear the recording they say they have and was told we don't let anyone hear them. Yea, right... how can they if it doesn't exist. I told him they do not have my permission to take funds out of my account ever again. But, I don't think they care. I think they will try it again. MY mistake was making one payment over the phone with this criminal company. I spoke with my bank and need to put in a affidavit of fraud. They are going to take back my money from GE, refund the bounced check charges. MY saving grace is they picked a check number i don't have. On a day I have proof I was not home to answer there phone call. I now need to close out my account and open a new one. ( to insure it never happens again.) My banks advise is that never pay with a check over the phone. If you need to, Pay online or use your mac and you can always get a new card rather than deal with closing an account and opening a new one. Small consolation now. If there is a class action suit, , count me in.!!

madkaw Jan 30, 2010

They have done same thing to me. I sent a letter(major complaint) to the Atty. General's office. They don't handle these types of cases, but was forwarding my letter onto the right department. We have now owe more on this item almost 3 yrs later than what I paid for it!

• Ro
    Robbinhood Jul 29, 2010

Yes agreed Ge Money demonstates unethical and ruthless business practice

The evidence speaks for itself

Check out this site for detailed info on GE Money's track record

ASIC acts on GE Money’s insurance and debt collection practices

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

ASIC helps Australian consumers understand new credit laws

The more consumers that can access reliable information in a timely manner to better

Consumers should be able to research finance companies first before making a decision to apply for a finance product.

If consumers can see that GE Money products have distinct disadvantages, that the customer service is poor, the interest rates higher, and the debt collection process is very aggressive and damaging for the consumer it is more likely that consumers will not take up GE Money products.

Loss of business for GE Money and lower profits will really make an impact against GE Money

Hit GE Money financially and make a difference

Spread the word about GE Money complaints

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices