Menu

complaints

Synchrony Bank Complaints Summary

1 Resolved
465 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Synchrony Bank at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Synchrony Bank has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Synchrony Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Synchrony Bank complaints 466

Sort by:

Newest Synchrony Bank complaints

D
1:38 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In the latter part of year 2022 Syncrony Bank financed carpet and tile installed by Empire Today Carpet and Flooring in Las Vegas, Nevada. The total cost was approximately $3000, I paid all of the money I owed before the promotional period was up except for $59.68, unbeknownst to me. I'm an elderly person and when I received a bill for around $600 or more...

E
3:42 pm EST

Synchrony Bank Credit card

My credit card was canceled with no notice causing my credit score to drop almost 100 points. I have worked diligently for the last decade to build my credit score and this bank was able to close my account 5 days after my last payment and decimate my credit. I have NEVER missed a payment or been late on this account. My credit utilization was also not near 100%. It was right around 70% as I had a promotional balance that was going to be paid off in February 2024, causing them to make no money on interest. I can be contact by email or phone. [protected]. [protected]@embarqmail.com

Desired outcome: Re opening of my account.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Synchrony Bank representatives only. If you are affiliated with Synchrony Bank, please claim your business to access these details.

R
2:30 pm EST

Synchrony Bank Discontinued credit for no reason

My Lowes card was discontinued for no reason. in December of 23 I purchased $950.00 of gift cards ay my Claypool Hill Lowes store. My card was placed on mhold due to suspicion of fraud. I finally explained to whomever that I actually made the charges and my account was paid in full. Now my Lowes card will not work and I'M denied a new one. I have spent thousands of dollars with Lowes using my card and never missed a payment. i resent the way I am being treated and will begin letting our local elected state represenatives along with our Fededral elected representives just what kind of crappy orginazation Synchrogy is . I cant even find a number to allow me to speak to a human being that speaks English well enough to carry on a conversation. I am requesting someone please contact me ay [protected]. This treatment is totall uncalled for

Desired outcome: get my Lowes crediut card reestablished

Is Synchrony Bank legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Synchrony Bank as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Synchrony Bank stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Synchrony Bank should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Synchrony Bank earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Synchrony Bank achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Synchrony Bank. The company provides a physical address, 9 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 5 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Synchrony.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Synchrony Bank website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Synchrony.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Synchrony Bank and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Synchrony Bank has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 466 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the synchrony.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Synchrony Bank. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
A
1:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Back in 2021, I encountered medical issues that prevented me from working and paying my payments on time. Synchrony sent a reduced settlement offer of 3 payments of nearly $800 per payment. I couldn't afford this, so I had called in to secure a new settlement offer. To which I got approved for 12 monthly payments of $150 per payment. All agreements were...

T
12:15 pm EST

Synchrony Bank Closing of an account

We have five credit cards that are handled by Synchrony bank. Payments have been on time. The Harbor Freight account had been paid from an account my husband specifically had when he was working. When he was let go from that employment the account did not have his salary going in, but I, out of habit, paid the Harbor Freight credit card from that account. As soon as I was made aware of what I had done I made the payment out of his other bank account. I explained what I had done, apologized to the Synchrony representative. Synchrony said the Harbor Freight account was shut down . My husband explained that this was a mistake. Nope Synchrony did not have sympathy for a mistake. They said sorry it was their policy. The account is closed.

Desired outcome: Just reinstate the Harbor Freight account handled by Synchrony

S
11:56 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a Guitar Center Card which I shut down with a $0.00 balance. When I reapplied at 7:00pm tonight I was denied. You stated something about unresolved past issues or something I didn't know what you were even saying. This is quite ronic since you just sent me a New Musician Friends Gear Card. When I last had my Musicians Friend Card you put down that I...

10:27 am EST

Synchrony Bank Synchrony bank

Just simply not worth my time and effort applying for your store credit cards! I got approved for the Lowe's card, and I try to use it and am just met with it not working at all. I call in and get one thing out of the way. Does that mean a green light to use the card?, No it doesn't! Got to call in and go through the steps I just went through! Facial recognition and photo ID? No other bank made me do this! How much does it take to prove I am who I am? No, you people require to much. It wasn't worth the hour+ it took this morning to not place an order, now I got to call in and spend the time with you to try to accomplish that, at this point simply not worth using you. If I knew your bank's lack of trust for people, I wouldn't of applied in the first place! It's almost like what I'd assume what it would be like to be booked for a crime trying to get the use of one of your card's. Simply not worth the time and energy!

Claimed loss: My time, my frustrations

Desired outcome: A different bank!

B
1:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS BANK I had implant surgery with a nearby dentist. A week before the surgery, the office lady charged me for the estimated cost. She opened an account with Synchrony Bank in my name (she had my SSN), activated a charge card in my name, and placed the unauthorized charge for $8K. Apparently, Synchrony Bank pays her a commission if she...

Q
5:45 pm EST

Synchrony Bank Credit card fraud

Someone in the Dallas, TX office of the Synchrony Bank took out a Belk Dept. store credit card in the name of my husband Harold Willard. They charged $89.70 in merchandise. Neither my husband nor I have or want a Belk Dept store credit card. On December 9, 2023, I received a credit card bill from the Belk/ Synchrony Bank, Dallas, TX. This is credit card fraud. My husband did not apply for a Belk credit card, nor did he want a Belk credit card.

Claimed loss: $89.70

Desired outcome: I want the card CANCELLED IMMEDIATELY, THE PERSON RESPONISBLE FIRED, PLACED IN JAIL AND BARRED FROM WORKING IN ANY FINANCILA INSTITUTION EVER IN THEIR LIFETIME.

P
1:45 pm EST

Synchrony Bank credit cards

I have several Sychrony Bank backed credit cards. Synchroney has a disreputable habit even if you never miss or have a late payment to lower your limits which causes your open to buy to drop and also causes your scores to drop. I have been phasing all their cards out. My banker said they are third rate and suggested calling all my reputable card companies, (ie, Chase, BofA, Credit One, Bank Of Missouri) and explain what happened and ask them for a limit increase. I found they were very helpful when they reviewed my pay history and all raised my limits. Then I sent payment history to the accounts they handled of mine with proof of pay history and suggested they need to find a reputable backer. If you start to open an account stay away from Synchrony.

P
10:17 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In April 2023 I was heavily solicited to pay my taxes via PayPal. I was recently laid off so I followed the solicitation to distribute my $1600+ tax payment over 6 months interest free. For this benefit there was a charge of $30.62 applied. As you can see from the screen shot attached, in the email solicitation it reflects an available credit balance of...

T
11:52 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased new flooring and was approved for a Mohawk credit card. At the time of purchase I was unaware of any promotions. I called Mohawk customer service on 5/11/23 and spoke with Jonathan, who told me the promo had ended and $1900.00 interest was charged to my account. The same thing happened on my Care Credit account. I was unaware of any promotion...

K
2:53 pm EST

Synchrony Bank Billing dispute

Several months ago, I wrote to draw attention to a billing dispute. I'm unable to use a phone. In short, I'm still being billed -- with penalties added -- for something that I returned within a day or two to Amazon after receiving it and finding out it was defective merchandise. I was eventually sent an email stating that Synchrony was investigating it, but haven't heard back from them even though it's past the allotted 60 days it's supposed to have taken for the investigation.

Claimed loss: Whatever I'm currently still being billed for, plus my credit rating (which has plummeted because of this issue).

Desired outcome: I want the records straightened out and amended to show I owe Synchrony nothing, and I want my old credit rating restored.

J
9:00 am EST

Synchrony Bank Walgreens Credit Card - Closed in Sep 2023 without warning

You closed my account for inactivity without any warning at all.

Is this legal? Yes it is legal but it is totally unethical and totally reprehensible. Ultimately your business will be punished as your reputation (already questionable) continues to deteriorate.

My situation is unique. I never wanted credit card from Synchrony in the first place. Do to a major screw up by a 16-year old clerk at Walgreens I reluctantly ended up with a Walgreens card issued by Synchrony bank. The manager worked feverishly to try to cancel my unwanted card, but to no avail.

What's gong on now? Synchrony canceled my card for inactivity, again with no warning, and my credit score which was 835 went to 798 - a drop of a whopping 37 points based on a company I despise, Synchrony, and the fact they closed the account without warning.

I'm going to do everything I can to put out a negative word on social media, but at this point it's all I can control.

Claimed loss: Credit hit for 37 points!!

Desired outcome: Tell Synchrony what they are doing is wrong. With proper warning, I would have utilized the card. What they did is totally unethical, but not illegal. In the end, unethical incidents will kill there business!

Update by James NOVA
Nov 05, 2023 9:06 am EST

Meant "their" business; not there business...small typo. Still hate Synchrony with a passion.

They are totally unethical!

G
2:25 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am an elderly single woman. I had 3 credit cards with Synchrony as the bank behind them. Care Credit so I could take my elderly dog and 2 cats to the vet. I had a Credit Card from a local auto repair shop to help if my 2007 Nissan Versa broke down. Both cards were only used once and fully paid off with no missed payments. I was not contacted in advance...

B
12:22 pm EDT

Synchrony Bank Billing on a Closed account

We are still recieving a bill after being told that we have a zero balance. There was a credit of $66.86 and was sent a check # [protected] for the same. Told that now we own nothing and we close our account with Sam's

September - October Period.

We then recive a bill for $$67.43 a couple weeks later. After some discussion they said I goy paid twice. Even the Amounts are different.

They claim that some error was made. Marilyn Bieber Account ending in 7001

[protected]

Claimed loss: $67.43

Desired outcome: Credit account to 0

10:06 am EDT

Synchrony Bank Lowes credit card closed?

Hello,

To who it may concern,

My loowes credit card was closed and I work at Lowes. Why? My payments were ALWAYS ON TIME. I have NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT EVER. You even raised my amount to 3,000 so I must of been doing something right. Everyone on here we should do class action law suit against them for tarnishing our credit. I will never again buy anything at Lowes and I work there

Claimed loss: 3,000.00

Desired outcome: I want my credit back I had with Lowes

J
4:34 pm EDT

Synchrony Bank Lowe's Credit Card

I received a letter in the mail notifying me that account had been closed due to high risk of failure to pay. I was 4 days late one time ever and they just closed my account. I was told that they ran some sort of check that determine this. I do not care that I don't have a Lowe's card, my concern is my credit that I work hard for. First, not understanding what they ran again, was this my credit? second, I have never heard of a credit card company closing an account for being 4 days late with zero balance.

Desired outcome: I want them to make corrections to my credit report for running my credit again without my permission and to change that I am a high risk.

1 comment
LSK1993
Chuckey, US
Nov 02, 2023 10:09 am EDT

I know they did the same thing to me and I was NEVER LATE ONCE. I always paid it before the 1st of the month or a week ahead of time which it was due on the 4th of each month. Wow a class action lawsuit?

R
10:28 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Don't use Synchrony Bank for anything. They engage in deceptive business practices. They are untrustworthy, no ethics, no scruples, etc. etc. Also be very suspicious of any entity offering a Synchrony credit card to you. Because they are culpable also by promoting this fraudulent company. My wife obtained a Care Credit Synchrony Credit Card thru Discover...

M
10:55 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Synchrony Bank recently closed 3 of my accounts with them and this decision was completely unwarranted. I had two Guitar Center cards and one Levin Furniture card. I found out about this through a push notification with Credit Karma. I am more so concerned about the Levin account. I called into customer service and the first representative I spoke with wa...

Read full review of Synchrony Bank
How to file a complaint about Synchrony Bank?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account to proceed. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button situated at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Synchrony Bank. Make it specific and clear, for example, "Unauthorized Charges by Synchrony Bank" or "Poor Customer Service at Synchrony Bank".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Synchrony Bank. Mention key areas such as customer service interactions, billing disputes, account management issues, or problems with loan or credit services. Include relevant dates and any specific transaction details. Clearly describe the nature of the issue, including what you expected versus what actually occurred. If you attempted to resolve the issue, outline the steps you took and the responses received from Synchrony Bank. Explain how this issue has personally affected you, whether it be stress, financial loss, or other impacts.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your claim, such as correspondence with the bank, statements, or receipts. Be cautious not to include sensitive personal information like social security numbers or full account numbers that could compromise your security.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to quantify any financial losses you have incurred as a result of the issue with Synchrony Bank. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, whether it's a refund, correction of your account, an apology, or any other specific action from the company.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your description clearly conveys the issue and your desired resolution.

8. Submission process: After reviewing, click the 'Submit' button to file your complaint. Ensure that you have completed all required fields and that your submission is as detailed as possible.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, monitor your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. Companies or other users may reply to your complaint, offering solutions or requesting further information.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Synchrony Bank contacts