Having problems with Synchrony Bank?

Synchrony Bank Customer Service Contacts

+1 866 419 4096 (Customer Service)
+1 866 893 7864 (CareCredit)
+1 800 677 0718 (CareCredit, Open An Account)
+1 866 226 5638 (Savings Products)
+1 800 333 1082 (Small-Medium Sized Businesses)
+1 866 838 0655 (Prospective Business Partners)
+1 800 859 9975 (Healthcare Providers)
+1 800 300 3046 (Healthcare Providers, Prospective Partners)
+1 855 875 1850 (Digital Help Desk)
950 Forrer Blvd
Dayton, Ohio

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Synchrony Bank Customer Service. Initial Synchrony Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Synchrony Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Synchrony Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Synchrony Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Synchrony Bank Complaints & Reviews

Synchrony BankLowes Credit

I had a purchase of $948.45 on 511/2020 and never received the product due to the shipping company returning it due to damage when received on their dock. My building window closed on 7/15/2020 and called Lowes and canceled the product I never received.
My account has never been credited for the 948.45 and I have to dispute the amount every 30 days. I am also being charged late fees and interest on the 948.45. It has lowered my credit score in which I need for my employment.
"Delenquency, Past Due, Ration of ballance to credit (due to Syncrony) and payments to ballance is over 11 months due to the fact I could not use my card because the $948.45 is still on the card for 11 months limiting my purchaces.
Since 7/15/2020 my credit rating has been hit each cycle, every 30 days I have to go through the dispute process, and I am constantly hit with late fees and payments.
This should not happen to anyone.

Synchrony BankSweetwater credit card application

I used to have a card through Sweetwater Sound. Closed it once done paying for the single purchase, thinking I wouldn't need it again.

Well, I found another good use for it through Sweetwater, but Synchrony would not approve my application for another card due to verifying identity. Okay, whatever, fair enough...
    After about a dozen phone calls, I end up verifying my identity in a very intrusive way. Sending in pictures of my face and my driver's license to some AI system capable of doing who-knows-what with it.
    After 2 more phone calls, they tell me that my application was denied and won't tell me why. I have a 787 credit score.

Evil is as evil does. Better off not using them I suppose, but it sucks that the AI now has my DL and my facial recognition mapped - for no reason,

Synchrony BankRacism

I have had multiple accounts with Synchrony. Excellent credit history, zero balance due, no decrease in income, no increase in balances due on other trade lines, etc. Synchrony suddenly reduced my limit on my Synchrony TJX (TJMAXX/Marshalls) card from $8, 000 to $1, 024, with zero explanation. My last name is clearly Jewish. I called the company, the representative refused to remedy or explain, & hung up on me. Synchrony has previously been sued by DOJ for racial discrimination. I read the company's statement on diversity and inclusion on their website with interest, as their conduct does not match my experience. Reached out to two friends with distinctively Jewish last names that are card holders, and both had similar experiences, recently. Can't be a coincidence. So, I will reach out to the DOJ, and a private attorney for advice and direction. Clearly, Synchrony bank is taking a stand against Jewish Americans.

Synchrony BankSynchrony represents JCP and Sams Club cards.

Approximately 3 weeks ago, a person called me claiming to be from Synchrony Fraud division. Stated 2 transaction amounts, one possibly a vending machine and the other Shwanns service. I said Schwanns I get every 2 weeks, had they bothered to look at past purchases, and the other, I would need more information. They asked me numerous questions, last 4numbers of SS number, DOB, mothers maiden name, etc... then said they had to prove they were talking to me. They said they would send a code via text. I told them I did not have a cellphone, they said well we have to call you and get the code. Did I have a flash button on my phone? Yes, BUT, if I do that it disconnects my calls. Repeatedly this idiot representative said I will send it to you and repeatedly I told him we would be disconnected. He insisted, so I did, got the code, and was discounnected.I immediately called back and went through the whole thing again, and said I just got a code, but then the new idiot representative I spoke to said I'll call you and give you a code, use the flash.After repeatedly telling her the whole story of it disconnects, she said do it.I did. Then I went to use my JCP card and find out it too is blocked. I call customer service and again am told they will text me. I asked them if it was mandatory for customers to have a cellphone??? Then I contacted JCP, and they did a 3way conversation with Synchrony, and were NOT pleased with Synchrony and them expecting customers to have a cellphone. I asked can't you email me the code, and they replied no. So both my JCP and Sams MC are blocked, both are paid off and in full, both I have had for 30 years and I am blocked!! Synchrony said they will mail me the code.Then I have to call them again, go through this crap again, and see if these incompetent [censored] will let me have my cards back.I had Shcwanns set up every 2weeks and automatically charged to my Sams MC. Needless to say, I had to switch cards, put it on my Citicard now, and am thinking of cancelling Sams and JCP.

Synchrony BankSam's Club Credit card transaction

I had a pending transaction for a purchase that I have come to determine may be an unreliable or fraudulent company who claimed to have an office in Virginia. At the beginning of my call I was informed to stay on the line after my time with a live CC Rep for a feedback review that the rep would not be aware of. I waited on line and was promptly disconnected, which leads me to believe that she was indeed aware that she could get feedback and ended the feedback response prompt. I felt the feedback request was misleading. But back to the issue, the rep was courteous, but nothing provided was beneficial. I was told 60 days for a review team to review and a response somewhere in the 60 day period. I was told no contact allowed with the review team and they were not accepting calls. This is all they can and would provide. The team would attempt to reconcile with the merchant, but she had no info on the merchant. I was left feeling like Sychrony's had very little options to help me as a consumer, and that I had very little (if any) options with the credit card company to get closure. I was left in awe that so few options existed.

Confidence level is low.

Sam's Club Credit card transaction

Synchrony Bankno feedback, wont look into my call logs and arrogant staff refusing to assist

I applied for an amazon store card in Oct 2019. I have since called 8 times (including today) for feedback. Yes I have waited 3 months and received NO feedback. Shocker! Disgusting!
            The customer service is incompetent, the management wont relisten to my call logs - and that alone confirms that they dont know what they are doing! Today I spoke to to Dee, he stated the 3 previous calls I made and attempts to have notifications sent out to me regarding my application was done wring by synchrony staff!

Synchrony BankCustomer Service

My husband, who usually handles this bill, is unable to because he's in the hospital. On Jan 18, 2021, around 12:30 I called Synchrony's customer service line because I needed to make a late payment on our account and to ask about whether the fact the payment was late would alter the special financing deal we had for a debt.

After dealing with their especially tedious automated system, I was routed to a representative, but the connection was so poor I couldn't understand him, except that basically, I should call back. So I got the pleasure of going through their rigmarole again, only to be connected to a different, completely unhelpful representative.

Because I am not the main account holder, I was unable to get ANY information on the account. I understand this up to a point, but when I'm trying to pay the bill, and I can't even know what the late fee charge is, so I can pay that too, it's getting ridiculous.

Then, when I started the payment, giving all the pertinent information to the representative, I got grilled because the money wasn't being drawn from our usual account, and I ultimately was not allowed to pay for my OWN bill. There was no attempt to be helpful whatsoever. I was completely stonewalled. This customer service was totally unacceptable, and if it was based on Synchrony's official policies, they need to be changed.

Synchrony bank's customer service set up seems like it is generally happy to waste as much of your time as possible before it will allow you to speak to a human, but there is NO excuse for a company policy that treats individuals trying to PAY on their account as if they're doing something nefarious, and no excuse for representatives that are unwilling to try to assist customers.

• Ir
                  Ironworks Jan 18, 2021

Oh my gosh, that happened to me too. In fact, I said if anything happened to my spouse does that mean I am not responsible. She was silent for a moment, informed me that was an awful thing to say and that yes, I would probably not be responsible. The whole point was to make a point. I knew she was wrong, but for pete sakes, they need a system that the spouse of the main cardholder can handle things in the event (like your husband who was in the hospital) can still manage things. What the company should do is have a section to check that the spouse can handle transactions. After all, we are charging on the card, why not let the joint cardholder pay a bill or two as well, it would be to their advantage. They are so backward!

Synchrony BankAll credit cards affiliates with synchrony bank

This bank closed all my credit card accounts for no reason I have Texaco/ Chevron, JcPenny, Sams, JTV. I always pay my balances before they are due. I have no balance on my cards except for Sams which will be paid on or before the due date. I could understand if I was charging and charging on each card building a balance but I have not done that. I don't understand this. This bank has made poor decisions but its ok because I have plenty other cards that do want my business.

Synchrony BankAuto pay

Synchrony bank turned off my auto pay they did not inform me that they were shutting off my auto pay or that they did shut off my auto pay my account fell past due they did not call me they did not send a past due notice I found out when I tried to order from Amazon and I was declined I have called the bank and gotten nowhere with them I have late fees that I feel I should not have to pay these late fees due to the fact that they are the ones who turned off the auto pay

Synchrony BankCredit card closures

Today I was checking my mastercard account and seen that you had closed it. I looked at the other credit cards I had that were Synchrony bank only to find out you had closed all 4. I cannot understand this as they were paid in full each month. It would sure be nice to have someone explain this to me! How is it fair to have a consumer's credit score be docked by accounts being closed that were actually being paid as agreed! I would completely understand if the cards were late or in default but being paid off on regular monthly basis just does not make a bit of sense to me!

Synchrony BankScam institution

I got a card from there for discount tire. They double charged me for the transaction. Then I tried to make a payment on the balance twice and both payments were denied by them. I have never been able to get a human by phone, and their online chat person literally lied to me. They told me I would not be charged a late fee, and then I was. I cancelled card. Do not do business with this bank.

Synchrony BankCredit card

Used their credit card. Did not pay for my purchase on time. The purchase was 20 bucks. Two months later I transfer 25. But did not keep up for fees synchrony bank put a fine of 30. Also every month for 2-3 dollars. And then another 30 bucks are fined. Also due to inconvenient account replenishment. Online emails or answers are not answered. Do not use this bank.

Synchrony BankClosed account for so called lack of payment which is false

Synchrony bank closed my TJmaxx credit card without warning even though they say they tried to reach me which is completely false, no emails or phone calls. I pay this credit card twice to three times a month depending on the balance. I called to see why my account was closed and was told rudely that was due to lack of payment. My account reflects otherwise and even explained that to the lady which she was rude. I ended up calling back and it was closed because I accidentally selected the wrong account for payment on a $0 minimum payment due because I had already paid twice that month!!! This is ridiculous and I want something done about it!! I have contacted ABC, Fox, BBB, Customer Affairs and will continue to do so until this is resolved. This company as a whole are nasty!!! I'm closing all cards I have with them immediately.

JoAnne Jabalera Thompson Jan 17, 2021

This happened to me this weekend as well! They service SEVERAL of my accounts. PayPal, PayPal Mastercard, TJMaxx, TJMaxx Mastercard, Sams Club, Old Navy. ALL these accounts have been closed by them without any notice. I have been a day or two late from time to time because of my unemployment resulting in Covid-19 but I always paid over the minimum due within the 1-2 days. This will greatly impact my credit score being it's 7 different accounts! They should NOT be allowed to get away with this!!

Synchrony BankBilling care credit / synchrony bank

They set up billing through my bank account. They said payment did not go through. I get proof from my bank that payment was made. They still make me make a payment or they will assess late fees. After all the drama and two week later they prove that I made my payment they do not want to refund my extra payment. The indian woman continued to argue with me. I wish they had people that understood english. I still continue to have the same issue with them every month. I have retained an attorney to litigate for me I am tired of dealing with them. Do not do business with them they are crooked.

Synchrony BankUnable to download transactions to quicken!!!

For over two weeks I have been unable to download my Amazon Store Card purchases to Quicken.

When I contacted the bank they said they were aware of the problem and the "back office" was looking into it???

I said I wanted to complain to someone in that office and they said no one could communicate directly with them???

This is ridiculous, all other financial institutions download fine,

John Munson Oct 16, 2020

When you export the file to transaction.qfx, you may be getting an error:
                                  error importing qfx java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "R"

Open the file in notepad or some text app, and look for
                                  R

and change the R to the date of the download such as this:
                                  [protected]
                                  [protected]

I'd love to know who to call at the home office to get them to fix it, but...

@John Munson Look for R
                                  R
                                  and change to the date as above. The reply function did not like the code bits.

@John Munson OK, then (Left arrow)DTSTART(Right arrow)R
                                  (Left arrow)DTEND(Right Arrow)R

I hope you get the idea! Code is not allowed apparently.

Synchrony BankCare credit fraud department

I had my card stolen, reported to company, ftc, my local PD and state attorney general office.i have everything notarized fraud department has offered me no help. But they closed my account out of revenge.this whole thing has left me homeless, living on the streets, they sent me a letter blaming me they pulled my credit report in Aug and one month later closed my account. All of my rights were violated every single one of them with my state. I have no home and I wanted to know who is responsible for that, that is my right. It is not right to blame the victim.ive tried contacting through emails, letters phone calls and no one was helpful.no one was giving me answers. because I don't have a perfect credit score I can't get anything. But my friend who has 750 score was treated like royalty. That's not right. I want answers to who left me kicked out on the streets with nothing.

Synchrony BankPaypal credit

Failure to apply credits from paypal. A credit for $48.99 was issued by paypal on aug. 18, 2020 and a credit for $47.99 was issued by paypal on aug. 18, 2020.
                                  They also placed a charge of $2.00 on my account. I called the paypal credit
                                  Toll free number on sept. 20 and spoke with mary. She confirmed the credits were there but had not been applied against my account. Paypal credit, aka synchony bank has many complaints against it. I expect these credits to be applied immediately and no further interest charges be applied. If I had known about the lack of integrity of paypal credit I never would have signed-up. See attachments

Synchrony BankSecurity pop-up.

Security pop-up request I choose between a text or phone message to verify it's me. I have to choose one of three phone numbers to send it to neither of them are the one I've had for 9 years. After calling the last two days and the rep tells me the number they have on file is correct, they pass me on to tech dept who tells me they get those numbers from the credit bureau and I have to contact all 3 of them to update my info. Not going to happen. I have a good, almost excellent rating. I haven't missed a payment of any kind any where the last 101 months according to Credit Karma. This is an eBay issue through Synchrony. I also see the handle my Walmart and another one. I cancel every account if the require me to go outside of their system to satisfy their issues because they are too lazy to do their own research. I request they find another way for me to verify who I am.

Sep 21, 2020

Synchrony Bank — Closing of all accounts

I had the Amazon, Lowes, TJmax, Paypal, Ebay mastercard, GAP, and Cathy Pacific total around 80K in credit...

Synchrony BankCredit Cards

Synchrony Bank has closed all my accounts with the same notice saying I could be a risk! I've never made a late payment or a minimum payment, this wreaks of COVID and my age! I was not informed in a timely fashion and was embarrassed when I tried to use my Lowe's card! I am amazed we have no recourse but also amazed that they seem to be doing this not just to me but many more people!!