Having problems with Capitec Bank?

Capitec Bank Customer Service Contacts

+27 219 411 377 (Client Care)
+27 860 102 043 (Client Care)
+27 860 003 783 (Salary Transfer)
+27 860 667 706 (Merchant Support)
19 Quantum Road, Techno Park, Western Cape
Stellenbosch
South Africa - 7600

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Capitec Bank Customer Service. Initial Capitec Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Capitec Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Capitec Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with Capitec Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Capitec BankDebit orders - continuously going off before the 25th of the month!

Once again I checked my balance this morning before going to the shops and saw that Capitec had taken off a loan repayment instalment before the 25th which is payday.

This is the 6th time that this has happened & I have truly had enough!

Every time I have to phone the bank and complain and then the money gets reversed, but then the instalment doesn't go off on the 25th and then I start getting messages from the bank!!!

Then I have to phone them again to tell them to take the instalment!

What in the world is going on at Capitec?

Is this how you save on fees, by taking clients' money before their authorised debit order dates?

There is a reason as to why a client sets a specific date for debit orders to go off!
You simply can't take the last of a person's money just before payday - Madness!

I'm truly fed-up with Capitec and will now take my business and accounts elsewhere!

Jul 29, 2020

Capitec Bank — Service

The Capitec Bank consultant said Futseg"([censored] u) to me (the client). Dzile was the guy in the front giving...

Jul 19, 2020

Capitec Bank — Service

Good day I work in the DRC. Therefor I need to sign a standing instruction and indemnity form due to the...

Capitec BankFrozen capitec bank account

My bank account was frozen after i sold a tv footstoots to a lady! She paid me the money and received the tv! Now my account is frozen if called complaint but is not getting help from capitec bank side whatsoever!! I need to pay the outstanding money for my babys birth this week but cant because of the account being frozen!! Please can someone please assist me regarding this issue ASAP my email is [protected]@gmail.com it would be highly appreciated!! Regards Lynn Grobler

Capitec BankPersonal loan

Iam banking a while white the and can not even get a loan of r500. From them and I have a funeral cover white them. If this is the way they treat the hardworking customers I will rather take my business some wherever els. And refuse to send any cliant to them. My woord they can see money is going into my account and a debet orde can be done. The frame of the bank word is "how can we help". You can not because you dictate ho you whant ro help. Iam discusses white the. The motto must rather be. " are you blace then we will assit you#

May 12, 2020

Capitec Bank — Capitec cellphone banking

On the 20yh of paril I purchased 10g (r505) telkom data via capitec cellphone banking. The data was never...

Apr 10, 2020

Capitec Bank — Unauthorized debit card

Account Holder No:[protected] ID number : [protected] Contact no: [protected] Its been days since I...

Dec 23, 2019

Capitec Bank — Outstanding refund of r14 000. (only r6000 refunded)

Complaint to capitec bank Re: urgent refund request of r14000 (ref: [protected]) I have been waiting since 18...

Capitec BankBanking

My wife and I visited capitec Gezina gallery in Pretoria for app update, the lady failed to install or help us. I asked her to call IT department and she said no. My ticket number was 160 dated 06 December 2019.. Please take the person who was helping me to coustmer service course. I'll be waiting for output of my complain cause I went back without help and my time was wasted.

Dec 05, 2019

Capitec Bank — Loan application

I Applied for a loan online on 28/11/2019, however the consultant only finalised the loan on 03/11/2019...

Dec 02, 2019

Capitec Bank — Internet banking service

Bela-Bela Municipality is a registered beneficiary with Capitec, but I am unable to register the Municipality...

Nov 25, 2019

Capitec Bank — Personal loan

I am banking with Capitec and wanted a loan as I already did an online estimation. Got at the De Aar branch...

Nov 08, 2019

Capitec Bank — Deduction taken without consent or my acknowledgement.

On the 31 of October at 1:30 ive noticed that ive received a sms notification that an amount of R1199.99 wa...

Nov 05, 2019

Capitec Bank — Forex foreign payments

I am currently working abroad but I still have payments to make in South Africa, The first month I knew it...

Nov 04, 2019

Capitec Bank — Bank overdraft without my consent

Last year I stopped working and started studying around about March, so I stopped earning an income...

Capitec BankLoans

My name is Mogatusi Salphanius Teme, ID no; [protected], Capitec Bank client.

I have a personal loan with capitec and was at some point under dept review, however, i volunterily withdrew from the program and inform all my creditors.

The challenge I'm currently encoutering with Capitec bank is that I've tried to pay all the earrears that were outstanding at capitec after withdrawing from the Debt review program and requested them to start debiting directly from my account but the answer i got was that they cannot do anything on my account until they get an instruction to from court to remove debt review on my name despite the current Credit Report. I also explained to the consultant that i'm no longer getting paid on the 15th as per contract but on the last day of the and requested the payment date to be changed of which they also refused.

The Consultant further advised me to make monthly transfers onto my account to ensure that my account is kept up to date, which is what i did but after sometime i realised that my efforts of paying the account was actually not benefiting me at all but the bank since i was paying at the last day of the month and the loan payment date was the 15th. This actually made me realised that I'm pouring water in the empty bucket because my account was always in arrears and every month i was paying the arrears not the reducing the outstanding amount hence i decided not to pay for sometime and that took my account back in arrears.

Therefore i would like to lodge a complain and request assistance in this matter as im not happy that im not paying and also that my account is contantly accumulating interests.

Capitec BankDebit order

Dear capitec. My mother transferred r500 in my bank account. I went to spar to buy some food and so on just when I was about to pay I recieved an sms saying r549.20 was transferred from my bank account. I phoned the customer care line and they explained to me its my personal loan that went of. Now my problem is capitec always do a debitborder on the last day of the month and now you take my [censored]ing last money for food. The lady also told me they cant reverse the debit order but previously they done the same thing. Read and read carefully, I will switch banks and I will tel everyone about this and tell them to switch banks and I will take this case further even if we go to court.

CapitecCustomer service

I spoke to a lady by the name of vanessa she was not helpful at all, I have a query regarding my account and as she was assisting me she kept on saying omg like she is tired of my questions.. I thought customers were important but I guess I am wrong.. If it was a branch I would maybe understand but a whole customer care agent.. She is there to assist no matter how many times I asked questions.. Firstly I called with my airtime and my phone why must she think she can do that.. Lack of empathy its painful trying to get help and someone has no intention of helping
              Very disappointing attitude really.

Capitec BankToken on a keyring

I have been having difficulties with my token on a key ring. I called numerous times and after each call I was told all is well but I could still experience the problem.

2 weeks later I went to the branch is told after one of the phone calls and they told me that I will get a one time pin.

I called in again and Zinhle said all the necessary procedures where taken and I can go to the bank.

I went tothe bank they were offline and was told to go to braam again or park station for assistance with token but they are offline today.

Katlego who was the branch manager told me there is nothing they can do.

Oct 25, 2019

Capitec Bank — Consultant uninformed and discussed my information with everybody in bank

I went to the bank to get my Credit Card limit increased as I needed money to pay for my Grandchild to get...