Enterprise Rent-A-Car Logo

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Having problems with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

+1 855 266 9289 (Car Rental Reservations)
+1 877 416 0000 (en Español)
+1 866 534 9270 (For users of TTY devices)
+1 855 266 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 6666 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 866 507 6222 (Loyalty Membership)
+1 866 225 4284 (Customers with Disabilities)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rentals)
+1 888 227 7253 (Car Sales)
+1 888 736 8287 (Truck Rental)
+1 877 233 5338 (Fleet Management)
+1 800 325 8838 (Maintenance Program Information)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

Enterprise Rent A Carenterprise made me miss my flight

Enterprise Rent A Car - www.enterprise.com

After waiting with about 10 others for Enterprise to open so that we could check in our cars in order to make it to the airport, the young woman checking in my car thought that it would be nice to tell me about how she was being "punished" by being scheduled to work the early Sunday morning shift. While obviously unprofessional, her chattiness with all of the patrons held up many of us who needed to get to the airport. As a result, I missed my flight.

• Va
      valley Oct 31, 2008

I call [censored]!! If checking in a rental car made you miss your flight you would have missed it anyway. Take some personal resposibility. Don't blame others for yor own failings.

Enterprise Rent A Car — charges

I rented a car 09/04/07 and returned the same day. The only outside damage was a mark on the front. I alway...

Enterprisefraud

I rented a car from Enterprise in Killeen, Texas because I had to make an early morning appointment on Saturday morning. The rep advised me I should get the weekend special because the office was closed on the weekends anyways. I picked up the car friday evening and on Saturday morning proceeded to go to my appointment that was 50 miles away from my home. As soon as I got on the highway the tire was flat. I called the company to get the roadside assistance but they said it would be a few hours. I was told to put the spare tire on myself if I wanted to make my appt. On Monday I brought the car back and told them about the flat tire and being late to my appt. They could care less. The rep told me the tire had sidewall damage. He told me I must have parked too close to the curb that night. The thing is is that I parked the car in a carport away from any curbs or sidewalks. Then he calls the manager. The manager gets the tire and starts poking around with his key and tells me he found a hole and that someone must have slashed the tire. Now that they are claiming the tire was slashed, they tell me I am liable for that. I told them I had my own insurance but they said it did not matter because tires and stuff must be paid out of my own pocket. I tried to ask them if they could determine if the tire was damaged the night I picked it up but they wouldn't hear a word of it. They were extremely rude and accused me left and right about damaging the tire. Now they are going to try to notify my insurance. If anything, I don't feel I should be charged for the day the tire was flat and ruined the whole reason I rented the car.

Enterprise Rent-A-Carhorrible customer service

I had never rented a car before and wasn't familiar with the process. I feel I was taken advantage of because of my inexperience. They didn't even walk me TO the car, much less around it to look for damage. I never signed saying I agreed to the condition of the car beforehand and now they're trying to charge me for scratches on the underside of the bumper. This never happened while I was driving, and I was the only one that drove the car. No one I have talked to will listen to my complaint. Sometimes they're even rude. They'll only say, "You have two options: 1) you can pay us now, or 2) we can send this to a collection agency". They also claimed that I WAS taken for a walk-around, which is an outright lie. No one I have dealt with has taken me seriously, but I am not letting this go. I know customer service - I've worked in the industry for years - and this is some of the worst customer service imaginable. All of their arguments are irrational and insubstantial, and they WILL NOT listen to my very legitimate and rational complaint, nor the plain fact that I never signed the portion of the contract agreeing to the condition of the car beforehand. I will never use Enterprise again.

• Pe
          peoplearestupid Feb 26, 2010

do you have your copy of the contract? they check the past 3 contracts to determine if that issue has been noted before...

• Xa
          Xandor Tik'Roth Aug 09, 2010

The other thing you could do is take it up with corporate. Call the 800 number and file a complaint.

Enterprise Car Rental — overcharge on a vehicle!

Vehicle was received very dirty. State Farm paid for the car on 7-19-07 to 8-10-07 and I Shannell paid for...

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Rresno — unauthorized charges without permission!

Enterprise Car Rentalforced to pay extra money

I rented a car from enterprise on 5/26/07 and was returning it on 5/28/07. I was quoted a price which was reflected on my contract. When I went to return the car on 5/28/07 in the morning, they were closed. I was surprised to see the ink written sign was taped to the door. I put the keys in the drop box and left the car.
        On Tues. May 29 I was told by the manager that I will be charged for an extra day because they were closed on Mon. I was never advised that they would be closed on the day I was returning the car and an extra charge would apply. The charge was not as big a deal as the misleading agenda. I will be forced to pay the extra on my credit card but I will never deal with Enterprise again. They are losing my business for approx. $20.00.

• Js
            J.S. Dec 03, 2008

Yes! Enterprise is all about deception. State Farm/Fraud set me up with a car from Enterprise because a State Fraud customer slammed into the car I owned. I asked the Enterprise criminal for a small car, and he told me he could let me use a car about the size of a Toyota Corolla. I told him that was what I wanted. When we got to the parking lot, he walked me to a gigantic Chevrolet that resembled a van on the inside. I told him I did not want one of those, and he said in a condescending voice, "It's the only red car in the parking lot." Huh? Looking back, I think he was saying, "Enterprise can get more money from State Fraud if you drive this one." I was in a major hurry, so I took it and left.

I paid Enterprise for 5 days of their insurance because State Fraud would not pay for insurance on the Enterprise car. I flat out told the guy I wanted 5 days of insurance because I thought my own car might be fixed by then. Well, State Fraud took two weeks to tell me that my car was totalled and said I needed to return the Enterprise car once I picked up my wreck check. Enterprise called me the same day and told me I needed to go ahead and come in immediately (before getting my check) to pay for the past 13 days of insurance. What??????!!! I asked and paid specifically for FIVE days of the insurance. I had a huge argument with that criminal and his corrupt manager about contract law, and the corrupt manager told me that a clause about continued insurance without a paper signing was in the fine print on the back of the contract. I looked for it, and he said it would be way too hard to find it right away. He started to pull the contract out of my hand with the excuse that he was going to write something on it for me. I resisted and kept reading. I could not find the clause. He pulled the contract all the way out of my hand and used his excuse again. After about 30 minutes, I decided to give them a spec of the benefit of the doubt, and we negotiated that I would pay for 6 of the 13 days. The next day, I read the entire body of fine print on the back of the contract. The clause was not there!!! This criminal flat out lied to me in front of a room full of his customers. I naively assumed he would not dare do that, but he did. What a low life ###!

I looked on the internet to see if anybody else has had such an experience, and I found a whole universe of information on the corruption of Enterprise. There are even websites dedicated to hatred for Enterprise's corruption. I can't believe they are still in business! Why are they?????

Tell everybody you know what a scummy business Enterprise is, and tell everybody to spread the word as far as it can go. Dateline and 20/20 would love to know that the number 1 car rental business in the United States is blatantly deceptive toward its customers and that they are thieves who are no better than serial pick pockets. As far as I am concerned, Enterprise might as well be stealing stereos and televisions from people. Yes, they are on that level. The whole country needs to know this. Spread the word and tell people to keep spreading it, and flood the news organizations with what you know about that rotten company!

Enterprise Car Rental — what a cluster!

Having taken my credit card as part of the "Standard Procedure" since I will be driving the vehicle... even...

Enterprisedamage scam!

Subject: damage to car rental

Here is my account of events:

5:15 pm:
          Lorena called me on my cell to let me know that she just got on the i-56 and that there was traffic so she would be late in picking me up.

6:00 pm:
          I did a cursory walk around the car with lorena telling me that everything was alright. The car was parked in the compact space of “enterprise” allocated spot at “doubletree”. Car was not in a very illuminated spot. I assumed that there was no damage to the car and drove it directly home where I garage-parked it all night.

8:00 am:
          Drove 165 miles to meet with pat brice (cell [protected]) for exactly 45 minutes. On way I stopped only once at 76 union gas station (i-15 and hwy 138) to fill up the gas tank. And drove off to my meeting.

10:55 am:
          Arrived at the remote site where pat was working. And parked the car with passenger side adjacent to curb. Mine was the only car parked there on the road…very remote site.

11:40 am:
          Drove back 165 miles non-stop to my office at 7920 miramar rd. I parked the car in one of the extra-wide parking spots immediately facing my office (I could actually see it from my window). I stayed in the office for about 80 minutes.

4:10 pm:
          Drove back to double tree and parked the car in the tight spot next to the doubletree club van on my passenger side.

5:15 pm:
          Dan pointed out the damage. And drove me home.

5:40 pm:
          I drove in my personal vehicle back to double tree and found no damage to club van. The rental car was parked by dan directly underneath a working light pole. I went around the car and did not notice the damage even with the knowledge this time that it was there!! Extremely ease to miss under the circumstances.

6:00 pm:
          I drove on to my office to the same spot where I had parked the car for 80 minutes and looked with my son (each of us equipped with a flash-light) for a loose broken 2”x3” plastic piece (off the hub-cap) that ought to have been lying there had the car been during that time. We found no trace of it anywhere within 40 feet of the location. We even had the hi-beam of our vehicle shining directly on that area.

I could not possibly have hit someone else’s car while driving or else I would have definitely felt it and we would have exchanged information. With over 25 years of driving experience I could not have possibly bashed the car negotiating a curve that would have had to have a blunt hard object protruding off it!!

This could not have happened in my garage.

The only 2 plausible locations where I parked 45 minutes in palmdale and 80 minutes next to my office and since the facts above suggest that did not happen, then the only remaining conclusion in my mind is that the car was actually already damaged when I picked it up and simply did not notice it.

• Rc
              R Cooper Aug 23, 2012

I rented a car from Enterprise on 5/15/12 and as always walked around and looked for any damage on the car and did not see any.
              I had the car for a week and when I returned the car, she (agent) said, that it had a 6" dent on the driver side door and asked me to look at it and I could not see any 6" dent.
              I could see two small nickel size dimples and that was all I could see and they could have been there when I rented the car, being it depends on the sunlight and angle you are looking at the car.
              I would think that if it was a 6" dent I would be able to see, but I could not and she rushed me into the office and said she would have to put my decuctable on my credit card that I used to rent the car and that she had to put it on the card before I left their office.
              They added $500.00 to my card and said, if the damage is less they would refund the difference, but I kept saying I don't see a 6" dent in the door and they kept saying it was there and I would have to pay for the damage.
              I felt like this is some kind of scam that Enterprise does often.
              Let's just say I will not be using ENTERPRISE the next time I rent a car.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Honolulu, HIunethical business practices!

Enterprise rent-a-car, honolulu, hi charged $125 for new tire and $40 for gas.

My car was total during an accident so the insurance company arranged a rental car at enterprise. I went to the nearest enterprise and rented a 2005 dodge neon. The car obviously has a alignment problem since it always tilts to the right but I didn't have problem with that since I only drives about 10 miles a day. Couple days later I had a flat tire traveling to work, so I replaced the tire with the spare and returned the vehicle to them immediately, in a hurry I forgot to refill the gas. I told them that I would pay for the tire and gasoline. Couple days later they charged $40 for gasoline and $125 for a new tire onto my charge card and another $73.50 on pending for a reason they don't know. What kind of neon needs a $40 gasoline, and a $125 tire.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - Cincinnati Ohiobeware! charged $500 without notification!

I recently rented a vehicle from Enterprise in Cincinnati Ohio. I was informed we were the second drivers of the car which was new.

The Man renting us the car took a quick walk around the car and there was no visible damage.
              I drove the car back to where we were staying and we settled in. The following morning while driving the car, I noticed a crack developing at the bottom of the windshield. There were extreme temperatures at the time and the crack seemed to grow before my eyes. At no time did anything hit the windshield (stone, rock) so I was a little weirded out by the whole thing and called the rental office right away. The woman working there said it sounded like something hit the windshield. I explained it had not while I was driving. I took the car by the office and she looked at the crack and located a tiny pin-head sized nick near the base of the windshield where the crack started. This mark would never have been noticed during a pre-rental inspection.

She stated the manager would be in touch before the end of the day. He did not contact us, so we called back and the office was closed. The next day was a Saturday and we still received no call. When we called them, they had closed. Our turn in date was Sunday so we dropped the keys in the drop box and left 2 additional urgent messages on the office voicemail stating we needed a call back immediately regarding the issue. We received no calls back. By the time we dropped off the car, the crack had reached across the entire windshield. On Tuesday, we received a call from the claims department "regarding the damage done to the vehicle". When I returned the representative's call, He was not there and did not return my call. On the following Wednesday, I checked my bank account and saw they had charged us $500. I was told when I called the branch that we needed to speak to the claims representative (pass the buck). The rep has yet to return our calls. Enterprise admits there is no way to determine the damage was done while we had the car and their employee also said that if there was a minor nick to the glass, it would only take the severe temperatures outside and the heater on the inside of the car to create conditions for this to happen in. Yet, they still, without giving us the courtesy of even a returned call, charged us $500. Bottom line - Beware.

Enterprise Rent-A-Carnever rented from enterprise and never will!

My fiance had recently rented a car(s) from Enterprise after his car had been totalled in a car wreck. Over the course of a week he was given three cars, the first two being sold within days of being in his possession.

He was put through the inconvenience of having to return these cars asap, at their demand. However that is not the issue at hand. When Enterprise received notification that his insurance company would no longer be covering the charges for his rental they became very demanding and rude stating that they needed their car back that day. My fiance spoke with someone in their office and told them that he would make his payment at the end of the week as he needed to still keep the car for a few more days. On one particular evening I was coming home and could not even pull into my driveway because a truck was blocking it. After flashing my lights they finally moved to allow me to enter MY property only to follow me into my driveway. A gentleman by the name of Patrick had asked me several questions, then becoming rude with me when I would not give him all the personal information that needed, however I had to remind him that I was not the person renting the car and he needed to speak to him. I was very upset that someone had actually come out to my home to discuss this when it should've been taken care of during business hours anyway. To add insult to injury they ended up coming back to my home even later in the night still asking about the rental. My fiance was so upset that he just drove it back in the middle of the night, at their demand of course. I have rented cars from companies that don't have the big name as Enterprise, but I can say their service surpasses them in every way. I should not be harassed at my own home in regards to something that doesn't even concern me! If harassment is part of their policy in conducting business then I will make sure to never do business with them. He spoke with his insurance company and they are going to file a claim against Enterprise.

• Ly
                    Lynda Aug 06, 2008

They are threatening to me also. I have paid them and someone has not recoreded it or something. I have all the information from the credit card company and they should have it also. I received another call tonight and they say they did not recieve it. I told them I would pay another $250 this Friday as I rent by the month and pay weekly. I tried to leave a message again but it seems this new manager has done away with this too. This is in southern CA in Laguna Niguel, CA and her name is Stephanie. The former manager Erica was so nice and accommondating. I have rented there for one year this week. That means I have spent about $13, 000 this year at Enterprise. I think a long term customer like me should be treated better by Enterprise. Obviously, that is not their policy. Stephanie threatened to report the car as stolen to the police when indeed I have paid. What the hell is that? I think I will go to another rental agency and maybe seek legal advise also. Anyone who has sued them, please let me know.
                    Thank you for "listening".

Enterprisemoney that was taken and not refunded

My son needed a car for a while. His car was being repaired from a previous claim from our nationwide insurance company in 8/2006. The company that was supposed to fix the sunroof did not do it correctly. It has to go back and have it redone in November 2006. Nationwide insurance authorized the car rental, however when we went to pick up the rental, the manager failed to contact nationwide for their authorization number and money was taken out of my sons checking account. I need to talk to a representative from enterprise to get the refund that is due my son.

• Di
                      Divine LissaMarie Jul 16, 2007

I was sent to Enterprise rent-a-car by Future Ford of Clovis Ca. because they damage my car and they sent up the rental at no charge due to there error of damage to my car. So I went down to the car rental to get the rental on March 22, 2007 they told me that they needed my credit Card for only a preauthorize of 50.00 for gas purposes only by Enterprise rent-a-car only because the dealership will not pay for gas or tax. The only reason why I pick up the rental is because I'm disable and I needed a car for my doctor appointments and the dealership owed me this. The Ford Dealership contracts with this rental Company which was on the dated of March 22, 2007 and the Dealership ship is billed for the whole rental not customers and on contract it stated that as well and the Manager who approved this was Chris Klien of Future Ford of Clovis Ca. My credit card was on file for this contract by their request to make sure that the customer’s car came back with a full gas tank which it did and was that was verified by Assistant Manager by the name Angelo Young and his assistant Nathan of Enterprise rental Car in Fresno, Ca. Mr. young checked gas, mileage and closed my account paid in full. All I paid for was the tax which was 17.86 which was cash because I didn't want my card used at all. Then Mr. Young stated that everything cleared and they would never charge my credit card. Since check out date I have never conducted any business or authorized any charges. So on May 23, 2007 they charged my credit card without authorization or being notified of this charge which overdrawn my account over a 100.00 because this account only had very little money because I just opened it for little transactions only and I didn't use it but a few times so these charges damaged my account and so I had to close it and all those over charges for the few charges I had done and all the overcharges fall on me behind this unauthorized charge which was not bill to be charged for at all.

Enterprise Rent-A-Carcar return problem

I called Enterprise when the repair work was completed and asked if I could get a ride to the collision shop or I could wait an hour for my husband to come home and take me. I was told in no uncertain terms it is policy for you to return the car to the shop and Enterprise picks it up there. The car was undamaged. Four days later Enterprise picks up the car and leaves a voice mail at a secondary work number informing me of a dent. I contacted them the following day when I received the voice mail. I was spoken to rudely by the rep who had previously been extremely solicitous. I was told it's out of his hands.

He gave me the adjuster's name and said he didn't know her extension and hung up. He had to give the # to me for a previous situation. How could he not have it? Although I followed Enterprise's instructions, I am considered responsible for alleged damages during the days it takes for Enterprise to pick up the car. The body shop owner told us these delays were typical, despite his complaints of lost parking spaces. When I finally was contacted by someone from Enterprise, my 72 hours were up and I had no right to see the car. I cannot repair the "softball-sized" dent on my own. Enterprise will repair it and charge me.

Enterprise — insusance rip off!

Car Renter Beware! Recently I needed to rent a vehicle while mine was in the shop for repairs. It was a...

Enterprise Rent-A-Carpositive complaint

I had a problem when I rented a car from the Enterprise in Farmington. I finally called the corporate office and spoke to a young lady named Amanda. She was very nice and pleasant. I started to get a little angry but she calmed me down and explained to me the situation. It was like she was trained to do so. I felt very comfortable listening to her talk. If every person that works for Enterprise is nice like her, they have a good thing going. When we got off the phone I felt so good about myself. Someone should tell that girl that she is doing a great job.

Richard H.

• My
                          My full name Jun 02, 2007

They may be nice but their prices are a rip! $635 for a week and four days in a compact! What a rip off!

Joe Kennedy Jul 12, 2007

I rented a car for a day to visit my brother as he was having open heart surgery about 200 miles from my home. The surgery was delayed so I informed them of it and asked if returned the car in the morning would their be any additional charges. she said there actually would be a 19.30 credit to my account after the question , her statement was true, but not the correct answer. I returned the car the following morning at 9am as she had specified and the "credit" was a actually what was left of a 100 deposit they charged me the previous day. had I known they were going to charge me another day for the rental, insurance and damage waiver. I would have returned it later in the day instead of rushing to get there at 9 am. I felt I was mislead because my question was specific. "will I be charged additional if I bring in the car later " I read the fine print and it says they can charge for that. They also charged me for a gallon or two of gas though I has filled the tank as well, AND when i gave back my sheet at check in, there was scribbled in something about a 100 detail charge for smoking, something that I never agreed to or even was aware of. These people will squeeze every dime from you that they can get. They were nice to me, but so what!

• Bi
                          Bill Stevens Nov 30, 2007

I rented a car on 11/15/07, with billing to be handled by my Insurance. When I retuned my vehicle on 11/27/07, I was informed that I had out of pocket costs totaling $280.15.

Apparently, I was covered for a vehicle @ $27.99 per day and I was rented a car @ $47.99 per day. I was unaware that the insurance company did not cover the car I rented in full as I was told the vehicle rented was comparable to my personal vehicle.

When I attempted to discuss this issue with Matt, the Rancho Santa Margarita Branch Manager, he became belligerent and argumentative.

Matt had indicated that because he had circled the amounts on the right had side of the rental agreement that I understood I was renting a car that was not covered in full by the insurance company. I submit that the amounts in this column, to the consumer, are ambiguous at best. In any event, the amounts were not discussed as he claims. Furthermore, the amounts in the column do not clearly indicate what the charges are for. In fact, five out the six entries in that column, with the exception of the fuel cost line, mean nothing to the consumer.

The verbal representation made to me at the time of rental did not indicate that I would be responsible for any rental charges. Furthermore, I signed or initialed seven items on the rental agreement indicating agreement to the terms. I would think that I would have been asked to initial or sign the daily rental amount when two different amounts appeared on the contract.

Enterprise employs of a bunch of scam artists who engage in predatory practices and the parent company ought to be ashamed.

I sent them a letter to their customer service address and what a surprise, no response.

• Do
                          Dolores Trujillo Dec 07, 2007

Enterprise is taking advantage of the consumers. Here's our deal. Our Insurance Agency arranged with Enterprise a rental car within the price amount to be paid by the Insurance, while our vehicle was getting repaired. Enterprise requested a card for file, which I can understand. They immediately withdrew $50 twice and credited us back that same day. Okay now they have $50 from us as a "down pmt" to be returned upon return of the vehicle. The rental was picked up at the Auto Collision place where the Enterprise representative met us and others with pre-prepared paperwork. When we returned the vehicle, the auto body shop indicated we leave the vehicle there. I asked that someone inspect the vehicle. The gentleman there did the inspection. I then immediately called Enterprise and told them we dropped the car off at the body shop where they told us to leave it and the guy there did the inspection and everything looked good. I asked about getting our $50 back; he said he would be on his way to pick up the car and once he got back to their place of business he would credit us back. Well low and behold, instead of crediting us back $50 - they charged an additional $285.97 without notice! When I found this out, I immediately called... took several phone calls, nonetheless they indicated we obtained additional insurance. We never requested additional insurance! and further more, the Insurance made the arrangements. I am fighting with them now to get our $335.97 back. Plus they didn't even notify us of the additional charge. Do they think because they have a card on file, they can charge whatever the hell they want!!! I think their outta be a class action lawsuit!!! (I will check into this, my daughter works for a good lawyer).

Enterprise Rent-A-Car — very poor service!

Below you will see a string of emails sent to the enterprise rent a car's customer service. Email number...