Enterprise Rent-A-Car Logo

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Having problems with Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

+1 855 266 9289 (Car Rental Reservations)
+1 877 416 0000 (en Español)
+1 866 534 9270 (For users of TTY devices)
+1 855 266 9565 (Customer Service)
+1 800 307 6666 (Roadside Assistance)
+1 866 507 6222 (Loyalty Membership)
+1 866 225 4284 (Customers with Disabilities)
+1 877 881 5500 (Business Rentals)
+1 888 227 7253 (Car Sales)
+1 888 736 8287 (Truck Rental)
+1 877 233 5338 (Fleet Management)
+1 800 325 8838 (Maintenance Program Information)
600 Corporate Park Drive
Saint Louis, Florida

Complaints & Reviews

unauthorized billing

The rental fees charged by the airport center are extreme. After the initial rental fee from the rental car company, there is:

1) "consolidated facility charge" — ok, every company's rent passed on the the consumer;
2) "transportation facility charge" — ok, the bus that gets you there;
3) "arena fee" — what is this?
4) "vehicle license fee recovery" — what is this? I didn't lose my license;
5) "concession fee recovery" — what concession??
6) "sales tax" — just more of the above but described with a little more honesty?

I recently rented a car in kc and these taxes added over $100 to the final bill.

• J
    j Aug 25, 2008

Are you completely naive or do you really think that you can purchase a service without paying sales taxes! Arena fees, concession fees, and sales tax are all local or state taxes. Why don't you do some research next time so you do not sound uneducated to the masses!

Satisfied Nov 05, 2008

FYI, license recovery fee is for the plates on the vehicle and usually is a flat per-rental fee of around $2.00. Most of the remainder of what you list is airport fees. If you don't like them - if they're too expensive - take a cab off-site and rent from a neighborhood location... Cab fare both ways should be less than $100 in most cases.

Being harassed very badly

I wouuld like for someone to please contact me. About several problems that have taken place with me as a...

[Resolved] discrimination

Before arriving at the Enterprise Car Rental desk I called from home to ask what I needed to rent a car and I...

empty gas tank full marijuana smell

My son and wife (who has with Multiple Sclerosis) were given a rental car last week which was completely empty on gas. They were told to hurry to the nearest service station to get their own fuel. The car did however come with a strong marijuana smell. They knew the smell was odd but not exactly what caused it.

I accompanied my son in returning the vehicle today. After confronting the assistant manager about why he let my wife leave with an empty tank and whether we would be reimbursed for the fuel, I got a ridiculous story about "company policy". My response to this was a simple and straightforward "#". The assistant manager then wanted to correct me and tell me how my language was inappropriate. I assured him that my language was absolutely appropriate and that his company policy was the inappropriate part.

I also discussed the consequences of what could have happened if my wife had run out of fuel upon exiting the Enterprise location and been hit by another vehicle, or if she had run out of gas and forced to leave the vehicle in 100 degree Fahrenheit temperatures with Multiple sclerosis.

Empty fuel tank + marijuana + company policy = #! = Enterprise.

• So
    soccerguy33 Apr 29, 2011

Somehow I think you are greatly over exaggerating everything. You're telling me you called them and let the phone ring for 45 minutes? I've never heard of someone waiting past 10 rings... the phone rings on average about 15 times per minute, so you let it ring 675 times?

HA. Get out of here.

• So
    soccerguy33 Apr 29, 2011

sorry tried to post that on a different page but it showed up here, disregard the above comment

worst experience ever

Micheal Goldstein threw us out of the branch and here is my angry letter to Darren Moon.

Dear Darren Moon:

I am Jean Henriquez and I have been am Enterprise customer for quite some time. I was very discouraged and disappointed by my last experience with Enterprise involving one of your employees by the name of Michael Goldstein.

I had made a reservation online for April 27th 2008 until May 1st 2008 to rent a standard car while I was in NYC for work for 5 days. With me was my general manager, Esther Garcia, whom I made the reservations under because I had misplaced my debit card. I had called the La Guardia branch two days before to make sure that I was going to be allowed to be added as a second driver to the rental. I was told that as long as I had proof that I flew in from another city that I would be allowed to be the second driver without any additional information but my driver’s license.

When we arrived, tired and with five bags of luggage, Michael Goldstein was the agent that was available to help us. Michael started asking us for all types of information, such as where we were going, contact information in New York, the phone number to the hotel we were going to stay in, my mother’s address, her phone number and the address to the hotel in Providence, RI where we were having our other conference.

I am lamented to say that I regret renting cars from Enterprise before this experience.in fact, two weeks before I had rented from Enterprise in Detroit, I did not have to give them any of that information Mr. Goldstein asked us for. Michael Goldstein was rude and upset me to an extreme. He had us there for 45 minutes trying to rent us a car. I had asked him to add me as an additional driver and he wanted my information in which I gave him my driver’s license, cell phone number, and home address. He wanted a credit card and I told him that I did not have it with me because I had misplaced it along with my debit card. He proceeded to tell me that he could not add me as an additional driver.

Michael continued harassing us for information. After a while, he claimed that his computer locked up and passed us over to another agent to help us. The agent, Alex, was again taking our information and moving along with the rental when Michael came out of nowhere and told Alex to cancel the reservation. I asked him what he meant and he said that he wasn’t going to rent us a car. At this point I asked to speak to the general manager. He came around the counter, got on his cell phone and circled the building outside and came in to tell us to go outside to talk. I refused to go outside because we didn’t do anything worth having to go outside of the store to have any kind of conversation. Mr. Goldstein threatened to call the police and continued taunting me with that threat. As you can imagine, I was very angry and felt utterly baffled with how extreme he was taking the situation that should never have reached this level of discourse. That was when another manager stepped in to try to diffuse the situation. Michael threw us out of the property and we had to pay for a cab in order to rent a car from another rental car company.

I called a few times to speak with you and you were never available. No one tried to help us. Mr. Moon, I hope that you will take the proper course of action in disciplining and hopefully terminating your employee Michael Goldstein. I will be posting this letter and sending it to everybody I know, letting them know of my experience with Enterprise and how they did not care. Tripadvisor.com, myspace.com, craigslist.com, and angryconsumer.com are only a few examples of the places I plan to present this information to the public.

I hope that this experience and my willingness to make it a public matter will motivate you to do the right thing. Know that you lost a valuable customer and will lose many more due to my efforts. I will not be taken lightly. I’m sure you will review your customer service policies with the rest of your staff.

unauthorized charges!

I was a victim of auto theft. I went to enterprise to pick up a car. Even though insurance paid up to 500.00...

overcharged

A deer hit my car and I rented a car from Enterprise Rental Car in Oxford, NC from Steve, the manager.

He told me I had to pay $25.00 for the car and I would receive the refund of that amount. When we walked out to the vehicle, he told me about the insurance in the amount of $17. After 2 weeks, I returned the car on Friday, May 9th. I
told him to make sure u send me my refund and he said ok. After checking my account, I had a checkcard transaction pending in the amount of $282.30 for Enterprise. I called Enterprise and talked with Steve and I told him this
amount was taken out of my check without my permission. He told me it was for the purchase of the insurance for the period of 2 weeks. I told him, maybe I misunderstood u. I thought the $17 was one time purchase just for that amount
of the insurance not for 2 weeks. He said he explained that to me. I told him if I didn't have to purchase insurance why didn't u tell me. He said he did, but he didn't. I asked him about $25 and he said that was applied to the insurance. He said this was on the contract, but I didn't read it. The copy was in the car and he got it when I returned the car. He didn't give me a copy of the receipt. I told him I want my $ back, he said he can't do that. I told him I don't have $ to give your company. He was not professional in explaining the
insurance information, didn't tell me this amount will be taken from your account. On the receipt the amount was $25 and this amount was taken out of my account. When I returned the car and checked my account on May 9th, this
transaction was taken from my account. Called him twice today to discuss my complaint and told me he would call me back, but he didn't. They owe me $307.30

• Di
    Dina Johnson Sep 27, 2007

I went to Enterprise to rent a car through my insurance company. I was accidentally overcharged by $100.00 from the get go. I caught the mistake and called the gentleman that helped refunded my card the difference which a debit card always takes longer for the credit to be issued. I received 3 overdrafts on my account because of this. I had made numerous phone calls and it took the next day to receive a call back. They went in and canceled all charges and credits. I thought that was fair enough but wanted them to okay the overdrafts as well. I went up to the local office where I rented and spoke with a different gentleman that told me that they have done all they were going to do. I called my bank and thankfully they adjusted my account and ate the NSF fees. I got home from work today which was 4 days later with a call from Enterprise wanting to charge me again for the rental. I can not believe after all that they put me through and it took me straightening out the NSF that they would have the nerve to call and ask for any type of payment. Will I ever use them again? ABSOLUTELY NOT come HELL or high water!

• Bi
    bill fenhouse Oct 27, 2008

We also had a very bad experience with Enterprise car rental here in WI. I am warning you do not use a debt card from your bank to pay them. They make you sign your initials on a piece of paper, but don't tell you what it means. I told them we didn't have any money in our checking account because we were both injured in an accident and not working, they said they totally understood... then they started taking 100's $ out of our checking account and now it is at a -2k!!!
    They would call and ask how everything was going and turn around the same day and try to take money out of the account. I told the bank many times not to honor the requests they made because I was going to have the lawyer/insurance make the payment to them...but they don't really care!
    Now because of everything that happened we can not use our checking acct/debt cards...they would probably do the same to a charge card...but I can only speak for what happened to us. I really feel like they are a scam. We will NEVER use that company again!!!

• Le
    Lena2 Jan 15, 2010

Entrprise did the same thing to me. Gabe from the San Antonio location, Tx location, located on Fredericksburg road and Huebner withdrew $122.15 from my checking account without my authorization. I was in an auto accident and my insurance was paying for the rental of thevehicle. as it was they were expecting me to pay $200.00 and did not want to accept my debit card for a deposit of $50.00 in which I was told that it would be returned to me. To top it off, i was still in alot of pain from the accident, and to walk to the van because they did not come to my door of the apartments. It was all a bad nightmare with that company from the beginning.

attaching my name to another's reservation and submitting the unpaid charges to a collection agency

I had been a long time customer of Enterprise Rent A Car in Franklin, TN. One day I started receiving call...

[Resolved] rental insurance!

I rented a car from enterprise on 04-01 in which the representative misrepresented the insurance when I...

scam and fraud!

About two years ago in May or June of '06 my automobile was stolen. My insurance company provided me with a rental car (Chevy Aveo) from Enterprise Rent-A-Car for about 30 days. Fortunately my automobile was recovered and my insurance company took care of the repairs. After my automobile had been repaired I took the rental car back to Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Upon returning the rental car we did a walk around of the rental car to make sure there were no damages. There was two Enterprise associates, my father, and I doing the walk around. One of the Enterprise associates noticed that the headlight on the driver side of the rental car was askew. The Enterprise associate then proceeded to get down on all fours and look underneath the car and behind the front bumper. The Enterprise associate then reached up in to the area and proceeded to pull out a towel that had been lodged behind the lamp apparently in an attempt to keep the lamp in place! I was completely surprised that someone had lodged a towel in there in an attempt to keep the lamp in place. The Enterprise associate then started questioning me if I had put it there or if I knew how it got there. I told him I had no idea how it got there and that I did not lodge a towel in there in an attempt to hold up the lamp or for whatever reason it was in there for. I did find it odd that the Enterprise associate seemed to find the problem rather quickly. Almost as if he knew, but I doubt it.

I denied any claim to the damages and told them I was totally unaware of any of it. They didn't care! Enterprise Rent-A-Car had the rental car repaired and when I was told that I owed 750.00 my father and I were outraged! We received an itemized report of all the repair work performed and were blown away that the whole entire bumper had to be replaced, the grill had to be replaced, the lamp had to be replaced, and even something about a new gloss finish! They want 750.00 for something I did not do! I did not, however, sign up for the insurance package and they told me that if I had signed up for that, that I wouldn't be liable for any of this. I understand this but 750.00??? That's outrageous! I think they tacked on some extra repairs and thought that I'd pay for them!

So it is now almost two years later and it is now in collections. Today I received a phone call from Wakefield & Associates claiming that I have 24 hours to pay or this matter will be in the hands of the courts. They said it is my word against theirs. But I do not understand how an askew headlight amounts to 750.00 in repairs and keep in mind I didn't even do any of the damages. Why not go after the previous renter of the rental car or the one before that or every single person that rented that vehicle. There is no proof that I caused the damages to that vehicle and you know why there is no proof? Because I didn't do it!

I was almost going to pay them and get this over with but after doing some research on the internet about how horrible Enterprise Rent-A-Car is and listening to my father I believe this is a matter for the courts.

Joey Raines Aug 11, 2008

I also had a problem with Enterprise Rent-a-car. In July 2008 my family and I were coming back from a vacation and had a wreck. We needed to rent a car and got a Chevy Impala with about 28000 miles. The car was very nice and glossy looking when we rented it. We drove through a rain storm all day on our way back home. The rest of the trip was uneventful and no problems. When I returned the car to a local rent-a-car the next day it was nice and sunny. Well, I noticed that the gloss was gone and when I did the walk-around right there were 2 scrapes on the right bumper near the lights. I didn't see it on the walk-around when we rented but here it was in plain day. I know we did not scrape the vehicle but it appears that we will have to pay for it since I didn't get the coverage. I know it was a chance to take but it shouldn't have been a problem since I did not scrape that car.

My advice to anyone is not to use Enterprise Rent-a-car and if you must then make sure you are covered as they(or someone) seems to be very good at hiding scrapes on these cars. By the way, the Enterprise Rent-a-car was in Mobile, Alabama. I don't know if they were responsible for hiding the scrape but you never know.

• Na
    Nancy Ilic Apr 02, 2009

March 24, 2009 North Bergen, New Jersey

The EXACT same thing happened when I used enterprise while my car was being repaired.
    When I rented the car the agent said I would have to wait for an Oil change/ the car was glossy/wet.
    When i returned the car it had a smooth layer of dust on the right passenger side door. The agent came rapidly out of the office (I thought was strange) did NOT TAKE A WALK AROUND WITH ME, and went straight for the Right passenger side of the doorl; took the tip of his finger, made a small smudge and said the car was scratched...like he KNEW EXACTLY that it was there, WITHOUT LOOKING AROUND THE CAR FOR OTHER SCRATCHES.
    when he washed the car (only in that area) I could see a whitish area, he stated it was a new scratch > When I told him I didn't do it, it was there he laughed and said there was no "record" of this new scratch. I said "if it was a NEW scratch how come it was as smooth as the rest of the car, that there was no indentation; roughness, irregularities noted ??
    He rubbed and area and a piece of a compounding material came off, he didn't say a word?? Not only that the scratch color was a grey mix, (the car was black) . He still said he had to file an accident report..I refused to use MY insurance for this.
    HE IMPLIED SINCE I DIDN'T USE THEIR INSURANCE I WOULD HAVE TO USE MINE. NO!!
    HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE'S INSURANCE WERE CHARGED FOR THIS SAME .. SO CALLED SCRATCH.

• Le
    Lem264 Aug 06, 2009

Yes Enterprise did something similar to me as well although it was a small knick in the windshield. While doing the walk around I pointed out a few "small scratches" and the Enterprise employee was like "oh no we're only looking for MAJOR damages" so I was like 'ok... no MAJOR damages on this car, and signed the rental agreement w/o their rip off insurance. When I returned the car, they charged me $50 for the chip in the windshield!!! And then the next week I get a letter in the mail from Enterprise Damage Recovery Unit asking for my insurance information so they can file a claim, but I already paid the local store $50 for it! Those ###s. I mean ok $50 I don't really care, I am so sorry to hear about your $750 charge. Please let us know how the court battle goes so I can reference it in future conversations with people about how they should never rent from Enterprise again.

• Mo
    Mohnish Dec 08, 2009

Enterprise recently did the same thing with me. They gave me a upgrade when I was renting so I was happy that I got a good deal but two days into the trip, the A/C stopped working so I called them trying to exchange the car from a nearby enterprise but it was Sunday and they said that everything was closed. So we cut our trip short and started driving to an enterprise location some 150 miles away from the place we were and 20 miles later the car's engine started heating up. When I called them again, they said that I could not drive that car anymore and it needed to be towed and suddenly they were able to find an enterprise location nearby which was open on Sunday (cheats!!). In any case, 2 month later, I get a mail from damage recovery unit that I needed to pay up for the damage which I had done to the car (??). They explained to me that car heating and A/C problem cannot be related (I am not an expert on cars but anyways ...) so I must have done something to damage the car. They said that there is a dent in the grille, which was already there when I had rented the car (its in the rental agreement). Its a 2200 $ bill and when I read the bill closely, I see that they have charged me for A/C repair as well. I have asked my insurance company to deal with them but it seems I will end up paying atleast a part of it even though I did not do anything. ENTERPRISE is a big rental company but I did not know that they are even bigger fraud. There are so many similar incidents on the web. I just wish that I had read these before renting it from them.

Could you please post how the court battle went so that i could use wisdom to fight these guys.

assessing charges without authority!

On Jan 7, 2008, at the suggestion of my insurance company (Geico) I rented a car from Enterprise car rental...

scam and fraud!

It was the morning after I had been hit by an uninsured motorist who ran a red light. My car was totaled and...

stolen items

I took my car to the mercedes dealers in fresno to have my car serviced on monday the 10th of december 2007. That weekend I had gone christmas shopping for my nieces and nephews I had the bag in my car since I was leaving my car there I took my bag rented a car from enterprise that sits inside the mercedes dealer and placed my bag in the trunk. I then went to work forgot about the bag took the care back to mercedes because mine was ready and I forgot the bag. As soon as I remembered I called them a couple hours later and now there all just telling me "we did not see anything" in other words im out my gifts about a $200.00 value. If you cant trust them with $200.00 worth of xmas gifts at the mercedes dealers how can we trust them with our cars with thousand of dollars. I am very very mad and also sad at the fact that my family is not going to have xmas gifts. Thanks alot enterprise and mercedes in fresno

cher ba Dec 12, 2007

This sould be covered under your car insurance - submit a claim against them - or if you have receipts - take them to small claims court.

But man, if you can afford a Mercedes, then $200 is not what you should be spending on Christmas presents for your family...

terrible experience!

I rented a car from enterprise at 2301 W. Sample Rd. Pompano Bch, Fla.33073. On Sept. 28,2007. I returned the car back on
Oct. 1,2007. The amount for the car were $135.01. Enterprise failed to credit my account with the remaining balance of my $250.00 which they with held for the deposit. I contacted enterprise on Oct.5,2007 to see what the problems were concerning my credit. I spoke to Andy the assistant manager he inform me he were going to take of it it were never done. I spoke to John Savino the branch manager, he inform me he were going to take care of it and give me a call back. Nothing were done. I never received a call from John. Until I reported him to there corporate office. I called and complained to there customer care center [protected] nothing done. I called Jaime Pages at the corporate office to inform her of the problem she also said she were going to need a copy of my bank statement I faxed it over to her On Oct. 29,2007, never received a call back from her. I initiated all the calls concerning my money. Jaime Said she were going to speak to John. Nothing still not taken care of. John left me a message on my home phone on Dec.4, or 5th for me to call him. I called him back he pretended he had no clue as to why he needed to contact me. I began to tell him that Jaime Pages the secretary of the ceo told me that she see that the transaction were done indeed wrong. He stated he were going to contact her at get back to me, no phone call as of today from John. He totally ignored me and my situation. I left numerous messages for him to return my call he never did. I spoke to Stephanie one of the Managers and left my contact number. He never called. I called him On Dec. 5,2007 to see what the status he inform me to contact there accounted and that Jaime had no glue as to what I were speaking about. On Dec. 7, 2007, I contacted the customer care center again for the 4th time, I wanted to speak to someone on a higher level to get this resolved. I spoke to Don one of the customer care mangers he then got enterprise on the phone, we spoke to Stephanie again she informed me she gave John the message, they were going to take care of the problem on that day. Nothing has been resolved as of yet. The account after I left her a message on Friday morning De.7,2007 she called my home and left me a message while I am at work. I left my work number on numerous accounts no one would ever call they would call the home when I'm not there. I would like for someone to take care of this problem I have been battling with them Since Oct. 5,2007. All I've been getting were the run around. No one seems to care or want to conclude this matter. I would like to be credited back to my account from the remaining of my $250.00 dollars. This is why I am sending this complaint against enterprise, because they have handled my situation in a very disrespectful manner and a lack of concern, concerning a customer. I have never gone through this with enterprise before. I have been renting cars from them for a very long time. This is the first time I ever ran into this problem. This enterprise does not have a concern for there customers. I think the company needs to review who they has working for them. These people are giving enterprise a ban name as well as a ban repretation. I will never rent a car from that enterprise again.

Polly Fuentes.
to

• Ta
    Tammy Feb 08, 2008

We found 2 memory sticks from a digital camera in a car we rented from Enterprise in Anaheim, CA on Jan 3/08. I viewed them and there are photos on them. The employee at enterprise said that there was no way to track down the previous renters of the car. They suggested that we keep the cards delete and use them ourselves. Well, I don't want to delete them or throw them away. If i could find the owner i would gladly return them.

• Er
    eric e Mar 20, 2008

what you need to do is contact your credit card company and file a fraud charge against enterprise. they will investigate enterprise

• Te
    tellingthetruth Apr 18, 2008

Glad you are honest...if you REALLY want to see a bunch of crooked car renters, rent from Buget in BirminghamAL or atlanta GA- the same crooked cuban owns both.

• Te
    tellingthetruth Apr 18, 2008

I know for a fact that on 9-11-01, the manager of the Birmingham location DOUBLED and sometimes TRIPLED "one way" rates. There were many planes deverted to Birmingham, because of the events, the airport became packed with paniced travlers just trying to get back home. Budget took advantage of the supply and demand theroy and hit those poor scared people with unbelivably high rates. If you rented from them on this occasion- please be aware that the rate they charged you was much higher than the day before, they are CROOKS.

• Fr
    Francis Rodrigue Oct 18, 2008

I recently rented a car from Enterprise in Augusta, Maine. I picked the car up 10/06/2008. I kept the car for a few days and returned it. I was in such a hurry I forgot my tool bag in the back. $200 worth. I called the rental place 207-623-1855 the next morning. The tools were not found and the car was in Manchester, N.H. I called Manchester and asked what the procedure was when a car was returned. The man told me that the car was completely gone over with every return - front, back and trunk. So tell me, how did the employees of this very small Augusta location fail to see my tool bag. I am mad at myself for being in such a hurry that I left my tool bag behind, but even more upset that Enterprise would employ such dishonest people. There is no way in hell that those tools were overlooked, especially if someone was doing their job. Maybe they need a better manager at this store! The man who rented me the vehicle was Alec. So beware. If you are renting a car in Augusta, go to Budget. It is conveniently located at the Augusta airport. Prices are the same.

• Mi
    Mitzi Rene May 18, 2011

I experienced this same type of situation. I went into Mill Valley CA to renew a contract for the airport. Instead of Mill Valley renewing my contract they Mill Valley office, Wendy Kastner rewrote a new contract so her office could benefit from my rental. She then charged an extra $1, 000 fee to my credit card. To date it has been worse than a circus. They are still holding my $1, 000 and I never agreed to have my contract switched. This office is vile. I never had the experience with the airport. They never thought up bogus charges to apply to my credit card. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ENTERPRISE CAR RENTAL HERE IS THE ADDRESS 35 REED BLVD MILL VALLEY. If you see Wendy Kastner RUN

unauthorized charges

Enterprise is taking advantage of the consumers. Here's our deal. Our Insurance Agency arranged with...

assumption of damage by consumer!

On 9/5/07, my insurance company provided me with a rental car due to my car being in an accident the day before. The rental car was given to me with less than 1/4 tank of gas. After work (a 15 mile drive), I got 10.72 gallons ($30.00) worth of gas at a gas station near where I work, so I would make it home. The car died on the way home, now they are saying it had 15 gallons of "contaminated" gas and are suing me for almost $700.00 worth of damage, when I only drove the car a total of maybe 18 miles. My position is that the 4.28 gallons of gas that was in the vehicle when I got it could have been contaminated and no one complained of bad gas at the station that I got the gas from. Enterprise is saying that "the renter is responsible for damage to the rental vehicle regardless of fault of negligence." Absolutely Ludicrous!

• Rh
    R.H. Dec 18, 2007

ENTERPRISE RENT A CAR SHOULD BE PUT OUT OF BUINESS--THEY HAVE A $400 DENT SCAM ALL OVER THE USA--IT HAPPENED TO ME IN nj..LOOK AT [redacted].COM AND YOU WILL SEE ALL OF THE PEOPLE SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY.

• Xa
    Xandor Tik'Roth Aug 09, 2010

Mary... first of all... wow. I know some people like to complain, but I've never seen it taken to such detail...

But I digress...

While I agree that Enterprise's claim was a touch over the top, I mean, come on. It's not like Enterprise associates go into the car before you get in it and start messing things up. Obviously the first thing that Enterprise (or any rental car company, for that matter) is going to think is that you did something to mess it up. After all, you WERE the last person in the car.

Enterprise has a pretty extensive legal department, though. I'd call corporate and talk it out with them. but then, it's already been three years and I hope you've taken care of this by now.

enterprise made me miss my flight

Enterprise Rent A Car - www.enterprise.com

After waiting with about 10 others for Enterprise to open so that we could check in our cars in order to make it to the airport, the young woman checking in my car thought that it would be nice to tell me about how she was being "punished" by being scheduled to work the early Sunday morning shift. While obviously unprofessional, her chattiness with all of the patrons held up many of us who needed to get to the airport. As a result, I missed my flight.

• Va
    valley Oct 31, 2008

I call bullsh*t!! If checking in a rental car made you miss your flight you would have missed it anyway. Take some personal resposibility. Don't blame others for yor own failings.

charges

I rented a car 09/04/07 and returned the same day. The only outside damage was a mark on the front. I alway...

fraud

I rented a car from Enterprise in Killeen, Texas because I had to make an early morning appointment on Saturday morning. The rep advised me I should get the weekend special because the office was closed on the weekends anyways. I picked up the car friday evening and on Saturday morning proceeded to go to my appointment that was 50 miles away from my home. As soon as I got on the highway the tire was flat. I called the company to get the roadside assistance but they said it would be a few hours. I was told to put the spare tire on myself if I wanted to make my appt. On Monday I brought the car back and told them about the flat tire and being late to my appt. They could care less. The rep told me the tire had sidewall damage. He told me I must have parked too close to the curb that night. The thing is is that I parked the car in a carport away from any curbs or sidewalks. Then he calls the manager. The manager gets the tire and starts poking around with his key and tells me he found a hole and that someone must have slashed the tire. Now that they are claiming the tire was slashed, they tell me I am liable for that. I told them I had my own insurance but they said it did not matter because tires and stuff must be paid out of my own pocket. I tried to ask them if they could determine if the tire was damaged the night I picked it up but they wouldn't hear a word of it. They were extremely rude and accused me left and right about damaging the tire. Now they are going to try to notify my insurance. If anything, I don't feel I should be charged for the day the tire was flat and ruined the whole reason I rented the car.

horrible customer service

I had never rented a car before and wasn't familiar with the process. I feel I was taken advantage of because of my inexperience. They didn't even walk me TO the car, much less around it to look for damage. I never signed saying I agreed to the condition of the car beforehand and now they're trying to charge me for scratches on the underside of the bumper. This never happened while I was driving, and I was the only one that drove the car. No one I have talked to will listen to my complaint. Sometimes they're even rude. They'll only say, "You have two options: 1) you can pay us now, or 2) we can send this to a collection agency". They also claimed that I WAS taken for a walk-around, which is an outright lie. No one I have dealt with has taken me seriously, but I am not letting this go. I know customer service - I've worked in the industry for years - and this is some of the worst customer service imaginable. All of their arguments are irrational and insubstantial, and they WILL NOT listen to my very legitimate and rational complaint, nor the plain fact that I never signed the portion of the contract agreeing to the condition of the car beforehand. I will never use Enterprise again.

• Pe
    peoplearestupid Feb 26, 2010

do you have your copy of the contract? they check the past 3 contracts to determine if that issue has been noted before...

• Xa
    Xandor Tik'Roth Aug 09, 2010

The other thing you could do is take it up with corporate. Call the 800 number and file a complaint.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices