Having problems with CVS?

CVS reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 1, 2006. The latest review Pharmacy service was posted on Oct 20, 2021. The latest complaint Goodrx coupons was resolved on Oct 19, 2020. CVS has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 2136 reviews. CVS has resolved 278 complaints.

CVS Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 746 7287 (Customer Service)
+1 888 607 4287 (CVS.com® and Mobile)
+1 866 389 2727 (MinuteClinic)
One CVS Drive
Woonsocket, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CVS Customer Service. Initial CVS complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CVS above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CVS. Discuss the issues you have had with CVS and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

CVS Complaints & Reviews, Page 7

CVS PharmacyLousy Customer Service and Possible Insurance Fraud.

I used your pharmacy for close to 45 years because you had {Past Tense| two great pharmacists who were more than super professional. They are Dr. Maria Sunol and Dr Corugedo. The older one, Dr. Sunol retired approximately a year ago.

I think Dr. Corugedo must have or has problems and has not been at the pharmacy when I went to speak with her. Several people in the pharmacy at Bird Road and SW 107 Avenue in Miami, Fl tried telling me several lies about her not being there. One even started telling me my "problems" were due to the insurance companies and when I asked her if she had an insurance license from the State of Florida she kept on talking. Yes, I have already reported her with name to the Florida Department of Financial Services Enforcement Division. It is a 3rd Degree Felony to "practice insurance without a license in the State of Florida."

I took the precaution of moving my prescriptions to the CVS Pharmacy at Bird Road and SW 147 Avenue in Miami, Fl. I explained to the "Pharmacy Manager" in both Spanish and in English that I have enough meds for my epileptic until the First of the month. Despite many phone calls, that pharmacy managed to have my med on the 2nd of the month. I should have told the woman in GREEK and she might have understood.

So I asked my doctor to move my prescriptions to a Walgreens Pharmacy in the same building where he works at. Walgreens handled it all perfectly so I will stay with them.

This weekend I will be checking my Medicare Statements to make certain that CVS has not committed fraud and charged Medicare for my meds. Heaven help you if you have.

I know as a Senior Agent in Good Standing that our state takes fraud very seriously. Punishment is hard labor and also reimbursement. I have helped the Enforcement Division several times so I do know.

I am sorry my two great doctors are no longer with you but I am gone as an old customer. And I have taken the time to tell my family and friends why I have done this.

Rodolfo J. Patino

CVScustomer service

I have been on hold with CVS for about 45 minutes in total. I keep calling every now and then hoping it'll make a difference but nope. It's a pretty important question I have too. It's ridiculous that nobody will answer the phone for that long. No CVS has ever given me a problem except this one too. I've had problems with picking up my medication as well. They always say it is not ready to be picked up. But i'm persistent & tell them that it is ready, one time it was in fact late. Sometimes they will correct their mistake other times not and i have to wait.

CVSMy refill

I have a script of testosterone cyp 200MG/ML it was to be 0.5 ml every two weeks .200mg.ml That was the old script my new one says testosterone cyp 200 mg/ml inject 1ml every two weeks.Now i got my script today it was filled as the old script .I called and was told that sense i had a old script on file the new increased script could not be filled as doctor orders. I asked then i have enough for 2 shots not two months worth. was told when you need more just call .that would leave me a month with out 2 shots due to how the old script was wrote . Can some body look in to this so in a month i can get my refills please. RX 1987841 My name is DERYKE PIERCE I LIVE IN ELWOOD .IND 46036 I went to Elwood ind. CVS .Besides when i ask to talk to a pharmacist i was talking to some body else due to the person re-laid what i was asking ?I do not think this is correct. I under stand they are under staffed but that is not my issue hire more help.

CVSHead Pharmacist

Store #4068
        I had an awful encounter with the pharmacist named Melinda this past week. She was bluntly rude and didn't want to hear what I had to say to help her understand the circumstance. She cut me off mid sentence and hung up on me. She treated me as if I were incompatant at calling a prescription and doing my job. I have called in thousands of prescriptions in the past with no issue. Her unprofessional is unacceptable and does not live up to the CVS standard. I will not be suggesting our patients use this pharmacy or any CVS pharmacy in the future due to this encounter. I am greatly appalled by her actions that put the patient out of medicine that is essential to her mental health and well being.

Aug 16, 2021

CVS — Not picking up phone an then talked hateful an to hurry.

I waited 1 12 hour. From 7 _ 8:30 pm Monday 16 2021. When they finally pick the phone up he harshly said...

Oneonta

Aug 16, 2021

CVS — Prescriptions

My husband is on compensation — cvs needs to call for verification on his pain medicines. They are Morphine ...

CVS PharmacyNot picking phone up.

I called them to talk about Covid 2nd shot scheduled. My mom is old and doesn't drive. Her appointment was in the afternoon and I needed it changed earlier. I called CVS Pharmacy and was on hold for 18 minutes, never did pick up. Called back later and same thing. So I called store to see if they open. Clerk said there open, just short on help.
          Well still need to answer phone. I not happy with 4th street store in mansfield, OH

CVSPharmists Not Answering Phone Calls

So I called CVS Pharmacy on Sunday around 2pm. I was on hold without a single person answering for 47 minutes. After about 35 minutes I got in the car and drove to the store in person. I then proceeded to wait another 15 minutes as three people working that day continued to help customers as I was on still on hold. Finally the head pharmacist (female) asked for my information. Since I have a new insurance card the pharmacist told to wait in another line for a man named Prince. I gave him my new Aetna ID card, but for whatever reason said it was insufficient to use for prescriptions. So now I have to wait until Aetna opens up tomorrow to fix this. This could and should have been all handled over the phone. But because the people working in this store don't answer the phone, this ordeal wasted two hours of my time. Not why these pharmacists feel it's OK to not answer the phones. Completely disrespectful and I'll be sure to go somewhere else from now on.

Pharmists Not Answering Phone Calls

CVSLumira dx sars-cov-2 rapid antigen test

I made an appointment with CVS MinuteClinic for the PCR rapid Antigen test for Travel. I went to CVS and received the test, they sent me the results, it was negative. next day I proceeded to the Airport- Copa Airlines for my flight. Copa said that the test I was given was the wrong test and I wont be able to fly.
              I do not know who is at fault here, I am not a Doctor or a Lab Technician, There is no way I could know it was the wrong test. some body has to standardize the tests. The way it is going now is unacceptable. I lost a lot of money because of this problem.

Lumira dx sars-cov-2 rapid antigen test

3 Responses
                  Howard Radford Aug 15, 2021

When you purchased the tickets you would have been told or received a printout from the airlines of any required documents which would have specified which test would have been required. The pharmacy will not know which test are required by for each airliner.

• Gm
                  Gmax3 Aug 15, 2021

@Howard Radford Copa airlines stated this test- " Present a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test performed 72 hours prior to flight departure"

Howard Radford Aug 15, 2021

@Gmax3 Okay so you basically weren't specific enough when asking the pharmacist for the test.

CVSpharmacy in Louisa Virginia

I live several miles from Louisa Virginia but use the CVS in Louisa as Aetna has a contract with CVS. I was told on the phone on Thursday morning that my prescription would be ready by noon on Thursday. I then got a text that my prescription was ready on Thursday evening. I tried to pick it up at approx. 11:00a.m. on Friday but the clerk was having a problem with the customer in front of me so I left and did some other shopping. I then returned about 45 minutes later and was told the prescription was not ready and it would be another 15 minutes. I left and said I would come back next week. My issue is that the pharmacy clerk was terribly rude. This is horrible customer service and should be rectified.

CVSPharmacy complaint

CVS pharmacy in Riverdale is authorized to administer COVID 19 vaccines however their authorization should be rebuked. Their staff is highly unqualified. They are rude, unprofessional and they discourage anyone from ever wanting to go to their pharmacy. My daughter had an appointment for her first covid vaccine shot today. Their was an error on the pharmacy's system and the staff member who declined to provide her name and was not wearing a name tag was rude. My husband attempted to speak to her and she told him " I am not speaking to you I am speaking to her so move away" . My husband as gentleman stepped aside not to start an argument. She continued to speak to my daughter who is 17years old in a high authoritative and argumentative manner. No one stepped in to speak to this employee and correct her manner. My daughter who is not used to anyone speaking to her like that became emotional. When she arrived home she began to cry uncontrollably. I will also add that the area where they are administering these shots is extremely dirty and right next to the public bathroom. When ever the bathroom door opens the smell is horrendous. This place should have a through review, a new management and new staff.

1 Response
                      Howard Radford Aug 13, 2021

You sound like an anti-vaxxer who just wants to have all covid-19 vaccination areas shut down. Almost all your grievances has to do with accommodations rather then regulations. Only thing that might be a regulations issue would be filth and being near the restroom, but since pharmacies usually use alcohol and inject safe barrier bandages this really shouldn't be an issue.

CVSno inventory

I had a coupon for a product that I was interested in. When I got to the store the shelves were bare. One, I missed out on the sale plus use of a coupon. I asked if they would honor the sale at a later date. The answer was "NO". We are going on vacation next week and the product I was interested in will be back in stock on Monday. The time frame does not work, if the item is on sale you should plan ahead. Just a bit frustrated with the entire ordeal. Thank you.
                    Mike
                    08/11/2021
                    give a coupon that I can redeem at a later date.

Respond

CVSCustomer Service, unprofessionalism, foul language from pharmacist.

I had the worst failed customer service experience of my life at CVS Elm Street, W. Spfld. yesterday 8/9/21. My mother has a number of prescriptions that we filled at this pharmacy for the last 10 years. Yesterday, Monday 8/19/21 we received a voice mail from CVS saying her prescription was ready for pick up. The message did not mention which prescription was being referred to. At my husband's request I went to the drive through to pick it up. The gentleman at the drive through window informed me that we had already picked up the prescription at 1:45 PM that day. I explained that was impossible as we were all home at that time. The gentleman insisted someone in our family picked it up and suggested I call to see if my husband picked it up. I explained that he was the one who asked me to pick it up. The gentleman asked if my mother might have picked it up. I explained that my mother is 85, does not drive, does not speak any English and could not have picked it up. The gentleman insisted that someone had picked it up. At this point I was a little exasperated and asked to speak to the pharmacist to straighten this out. The pharmacist arrived angry asking why I was yelling at the clerk. I explained that I hadn't yelled at anyone, that we were called to pick up a prescription and I was trying to find out what happened, as I knew we did not pick it up. The pharmacist began yelling at me and said didn't I know we requested delivery of that script? Didn't I know that? He angrily said the prescription was picked up by US mail for delivery. I said that I had no idea about that and that this was not what the clerk had been saying and if it was picked up for delivery why did we get a call to come pick it up. The pharmacist screamed. "Get The F*#k out of my drive through lane." I was quite shaken and asked, "what did you just say?". The pharmacist repeated himself. I drove to a parking slot and went into the store to complain about the rude, foul, lack of customer service. At this point I called my husband and had him listen on speaker phone. I tried to make my complaint to the pharmacist in a calm manner. The pharmacist screamed at me, "Get the F*#k off my property!" I persisted to say how offended I was by his rudeness and foul language and how no customer should be treated that way. The pharmacist repeated his demand and said he would call the police if I did not leave. I asked to speak to the store manager. The pharmacist called a CVS employee over and told her to "Get this woman the F*#k out of here." The employee did not identify herself as a manager, but immediately ordered me to leave the store and said the police had been called and I would be arrested for trespass if I remained. I left the store, and the police met me outside. I tried to explain what happened to them. They let me know that once having been asked to leave it would be trespass had I not left. They said that I had been banned from the store and if I ever returned, I could be arrested for trespass. I may have spoken with an angry tone at some points, but I never yelled or spoke a single rude word to anyone during the entire episode. I was extremely upset and my heart went into an irregular heartbeat. My husband and I spent the night and early morning at Baystate Noble ER.
                      Apparently, on 8/6/21 my husband affirmed a text from CVS asking if we wanted one of my mother's medicines delivered. There was also one that we were waiting on, so 3 days later when my husband got a voicemail saying her prescription was ready for us to pick up and the hours the store would be open for us to pick it up, he naturally assumed it was the one we were waiting for. because he would not expect a request to pick up a script that had already been assigned for delivery. In my business I have dealt with rude, obnoxious, and foul customers, but at no time did I ever speak to one as this pharmacist did to me. He was totally unprofessional and a disgrace to the franchise.

Aug 10, 2021

CVS — Pharmacy

I obtain my prescriptions at 221 East Hundred rd., Chester, VA for months they have not been answering the...

Aug 10, 2021

CVS — Customer service

I am not leaving my house since COVID because I have an autoimmune condition. My husband has been picking up...

CVSGetting calls from the pharmacy automated call system

I ordered months ago some meds at the Whitman MA CVS. Shortly after I started receiving automated calls about refills. I called and told them to remove me from that automated system. It was done so I thought. In the past two days I started getting these automated calls again. I called the CVS using their phone system and no one picked up the phone at the pharmacy desk (On hold for 30 minutes). I tried again and still didn't get a response. I called the front desk, the gentleman who answered said he can not remove me from the automated call system only the pharmacy desk can and transferred me to the pharmacy number. No one answered the phone and I am continuing to get these automated calls. Edward Hetman

CVSSexism

CVS will not answer when a woman's name comes up on their caller ID, ever. I waited for literal HOURS. My husband gets through within 6 minutes every time! Why are women rejected or ignored?! I've met with other women and they never get through either. Men do, right away. I need heart meds refilled and must use the automated services because of my "offensive" gender. Apparently a woman's voice is offensive to them.

Aug 09, 2021

CVS — Covid testing

I scheduled an appointment on 8/8 to be tested on 8/9. I received confirmation emails saying "looking...

Aug 09, 2021

CVS — Service at the pharmacy

I just can't believe at this pharmacy you only have the Pharmasist working alone most of the time. Not...

Aug 08, 2021

CVS — Delivery

I ordered 7 items from cvs.com on 8-1-2021. Four of which were buy 1 get 1 free. My confirmation email wa...