Sonic Drive In / treatment of employees who are minors

United States, Colorado, Arvada Review updated:
Sonic Drive In
Store #4379
My little 16 year old sister got a job there not but a week ago, she started yesterday on her training which consisted of her standing in front of a computer with no break from 10 am to 3pm, there was no sound to hear the training videos and no chair to sit in. Not only could she not hear the videos to understand what's expected of her at work, but she then had to take tests on what she was supposed to learn, causing her to guess on her answers. She started actually working today, and they stuck her right on drive thru and told her she wouldn't be left alone and she'd be going home anywhere between 3-5 and it was unlikely that she'd be there till 5. Not only did they leave her alone DURING HAPPY HOUR, but she didn't get clocked out till 6 pm. She had no break in this 8 hour shift, and she was stuck at drive thru the entire time. She had a manager throw buns at her while she was helping a customer at the window, another one told her to tell a customer the 6" hot dog was a "little weiner", and didn't cut the crap when she asked if her manager was being serious, so not only did she embarrass my sister, but also the company. She was even called a b**** by a customer. And finally, at the end of the night, they counted her register money and she was 80 - some dollars short, which obviously wasn't her because she was using a calculator all day long, so after trying to pin it on her and failing because she defended herself, they told her not to worry about it for now and they'd try to "figure it out". They've had problems in the past with some of the managers stealing from the registers. If this doesn't get pushed on someone else, because they stole, then that goes on my sisters plate.
Her first day actually working she left crying, and the cherry on top of her screwed up Sonic Milkshake was that she had to walk home in the rain. No employee deserves to feel this way. Especially a 16 year old.
Jun 9, 2015

N  10th of Jun, 2015 by
Look your sister is 16 years old not three years old isn't it about time she fight her own battles instead of have you baby her. Also you were not there so you had no way to know if the events actually happened or not. If your sister is old enough to work she needs to grow up and stand up for herself instead of crying to you, That means she needs to get out of her diaper and write her own review.
N  29th of Jun, 2015 by
I'm 16 and sonic is my first job. I've been here 4 or 5 months now. It's a terrible work environment honestly, and my first month I went home crying a lot. I have ended up short many times, due to being stole from. (Ex. I scan for an order worth $23.00 and we are really busy and another carhop takes out that order, I am now 23.00 short what I owe, and they just made 23.00 of what they will cal "Tips". After calling corporate and having my whole sonic put back in check, things are running more smoothly. No one at my sonic knows it was me who called and had the rules changed. Being 16 years old, your managers/ other carhops who are older think they can take advantage of you. Your sister needs to not let them take advantage of her. If she keeps ending up short, call corporate. They sorted it out for me.
When she drops, they should tell her exactly how much she owes and she should give them that and only that. Anything she has left in her wallet besides her basics is her ️Tips.

Sonic Drive-In Logo Sonic Drive-In