Sears / warranty home service

Today, March 7, 2016, I had an appointment with Sears Home Service to repair my Dryer through a warranty that was purchased at great expense. The time for arrival was between 1 - 5 pm. It is now 6:17 pm and the computer at the 1800 number is still telling me that the technician is scheduled to arrive between 4:15 - 6:15. I have called Sears 4 times but am still getting a runaround. I took off from work at noon to get home in time for the service call. I have had to rely on other people to pick my children up from their after school activities to wait for a phantom technician. I should have learned because this is not the first time Sears has done this to me. Now I still have a broken dryer with no technician and no resolution. I am awaiting a phone call back from the company but my complaints seem to fall on deaf ears. I was disconnected at least one time and the people answering the phone calls are hard to understand and cannot offer any resolution. Now what am I to do? Take off more time from work? Wait around for what another cancellation? Now I still have a broken dryer, a useless warranty, a lost day at work and no resolution in sight!

Mr
Mar 07, 2016

Comments

Mar 09, 2016

I purchased an elliptical machine and a treadmill less than a year ago. Along with 5 year warranties for both. Called to get elliptical serviced and was told that they don't warranty the elliptical and I should ask for a refund on my warranty. Seriously? They offered to give me the manufacturers contact info so I could call them to service the equipment. Needless to say, I am receiving a refund for the warranties that I purchased that are not even valid and never received a phone call from Sears to inform me that they never intended on honoring the warranties that I spent over 500 dollars on. They were only going to refund me the money if and when they had to tell me they really don't service the equipment. Sears YOU ARE A RIP OFF AND MY HOME IS FULL OF SEARS APPLIANCES BUT YOU CAN BET I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH YOU AGAIN and I will make sure that everyone I know is aware of your fraudulant ways.