3400 Gateway Boulevard, Prescott, AZ, 86303, US
Thu:10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Fri:10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Sat:10:00 am - 6:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

Searssears optical (poor service / double billed)

Contact Eye Exam 2/6/2016, SALESCHECK #[protected]

1. Poor Service: My wife called two weeks in advance to schedule a contact eye exam for my daughter. My wife gave the gal our insurance information and they quoted us that our copay would be $5. Upon arriving, 20 minutes prior to appointment, no one knew anything about our insurance, or what the copay would be. It took them over an hour to figure everything out as we sat and waited. They stated our portion would be $69 which covered the exam, fit, and follow up, well over the quoted amount when making the appointment.

2. Billing: Not only were we billed $69 for the eye exam, they billed my insurance $69 for the eye exam plus an additional $30 for fit and follow up which we were told was included in our $69 bill. When my explanation of benefits came in the mail from my insurance, it stated we owed $5 for our Copay out of the $69 charged. I tried calling to resolve the issue but the doctor will not return my calls. The front office gal said the doctor can charge anything she wants, which is unacceptable. I did not agree to pay anything other than what my insurance company stated I owe. I am wanting to know how I get my refund of $64 dollars. I believe double billing without patient knowledge is illegal. SALESCHECK #[protected]

Respond

Searssears optical (poor service and double billing)

Contact Eye Exam 2/6/2016 - SALESCHECK #[protected]

1. Poor Service; My wife called two weeks in advance to schedule a contact eye exam for my daughter. My wife gave the gal our insurance information and they quoted us that our copay would be $5. Upon arriving, 20 minutes prior to the appointment, no one knew anything about our insurance and what our cost would be. It took over an hour for them to figure everything out and stated our portion would be $69 which covered the exam, fit, and follow up, well over the quoted amount when making the appointment.

2. Billing; Not only were we billed $69, they billed my insurance $69 plus an additional $30 for fit and follow up which we were told was included in our $69 bill. When my explanation of benefits came in the mail from my insurance, it stated we owed $5 for our Copay out of the $69 charged. I tried calling to resolve the issue but the doctor will not return my calls. The front office gal said the doctor can charge anything she wants, which is unacceptable. I did not agree to pay anything other than what my insurance company stated I owe. I am wanting to know how I get my refund of $64 dollars as the insurance company has already paid them. I believe it's illegal to double bill a patient, especially without patient knowledge. SALESCHECK #[protected]

Respond

Sears Opticaldelivery failure and refund hassle

Ordered and paid $$452.98 for eyeglasses on 6/18/12 at 3400 Gateway Blvd. in Prescott, AZ 86303; [protected]. After three weeks I was told frames were not available at lab, mailing ones from store to lab. A week later told had to come in to store and order different frames; (Chris, Optical Mgr.) offered 20% discount. On July 9 told the new frames had to be shipped from store to lab and they would do that day. On July 16 Chris told me the frames had not yet been shipped but would do today.

On July 16 (almost 30 days after the original order) I told Optical manager I was cancelling whole order and expected refund to my credit card for full amount within 48 hours. I got calls from Optical manager I had to bring my receipt into store in order to scan the refund code. When I called local store manager I got a request for Salescheck number ([protected]) which I supplied. Then on July 18 I got calls from both Optical manager and Asst. Store Mgr. saying I had to provide the 20 digit RC code before they could process the refund.

We've been Sears customers since the 1970s, had several credit cards with your company, bought several pairs of glasses and purchased several large appliances over the years.

I am VERY unhappy with this treatment of an long-standing customer and am expecting a full apology and immediate refund. Otherwise we will make all our purchases from Penny's, Kohls and Dillards in the future.

1 Response
        • Du
          Ducky87 Jul 19, 2012

Sounds like an order gone very wrong, but at least it sounds like the associates realize it's not acceptable service.