[Resolved] Sears Parts And Service / craftsman chipper/shredder

sirs,

i took my chipper/shredder in to the sears service department because it would not start on 7/27/10. it had been used off and on in the last year. i ran it for 2-3 hrs the week before i called sears.

the model # [protected] serial #11471 the person that waited on me told me it would be ready on 8/6/10. on 8/5/10 sears called and said they needed to sent it to cincinnati to be looked at.

the following week sears called and said it needed a new $400.00 engine. i told them to sent it back and i would pick it up. i didn't pay $400.00 for the whole machine when i bought it new.

no one could give me a reason for a new engine. when i picked it up from sears i took it to a briggs and stratton dealer and service person in indianapolis. he started it right up and said there was

nothing wrong with the engine but it did need to be tuned and cleaned. it cost me $39.00. sears charged me $29.95 and still could not give a reason for the engine replacement, in other words i

paid for no service and i'm not sure they even looked at it. i got a copy of the original order, a pink sheet that said do not repair, and a packet of fuel stabilizer.

unit #8090

service order #[protected]

sorry but i have always bought sears items but now i don't want to use your service department again.

sharon strecker
10635 chesapeake dr. north
indianapolis, ind 46236

e-mail: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Sep 11, 2010

Dear [protected]@sbcglobal.net,

My name is Scott, and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. After reading your post here, I wanted to reach out to you. I'm so sorry to hear about your Sears repair experience and the problems with your Craftsman chipper. Sears has always strived for the highest levels of customer service & satisfaction; clearly we fell short of that in this case. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the chipper was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name ([protected]@sbcglobal.net) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.