Complaints & Reviews

Sears Gift Carde-mails

I put Unsociliced Phone Calls as it was the only thing that was close. I am getting E-mails regarding some Sears Gift Card from an organizatin called Consumer Study group. I also received a similar e-mail for JCPenny. The only way to get rid of them, according to the e-mail, is to go on the site and aks to be removed. However, the removal is not direct connected, so you need to copy the site and paste it and then contact this company for removal. This is not the way remove is supposed to work and I find it offensive for you to be connected to these people and in some way have them represent themselves as [protected]@Gift Card Survey. It sounds like some sort of scam connected to your good name.

Jerome Stoll

Sears Deliveryinferior appliance delivery

SEARS delivery service people are no good. They want to walk on a brand new rug with their filty ghetto project shoes. Then they don't complete the set-up. Then these boom-booms intimidate you into to giving them a "10" rating. They also can't find the address. Stay AWAY from Sears Delivery BY ALL MEANS NECESARY or Sears Delivey will have a nightmare on your expense. Yowsa, Yowsa, YOWSA !!!

• In
        internalvoice Aug 30, 2010

Yowsa? What is that exactly? But at any rate, not sticking up for anyone, but it's high time that people take a look at the whole story. Sears delivery personnel only keep their jobs by doing well on a "survey" that Sears administers to customers that buy brand new appliances. I understand that some delivery personnel really stink at their jobs, but this by no means includes every person. Let's talk about this "survey". The questions on the survey are unclear to many customers. Some customers believe that the survey is asking about their new appliances, and some believe that it is asking about the sales team. Neither of these are the case. The survey is asking about the delivery experience. Did the delivery team damage your home? Did they show you how to operate your new appliance? Would you have them back in your home on future deliveries? The problem with the survey is the fact that the answers reflect directly on the delivery team and are factored in to a number system, which the team is held to. The delivery teams must meet a certain level in their "numbers" in order to keep their jobs. This system is grossly unfair to the teams. I know that customers are frustrated with Sears. I know that customers (many of them) think that delivery personnel are "below them in society". And I also know that some customers couldn't care less about a delivery team member. However, these surveys give customers too much say in the future of other people's jobs. So, let's say that I deliver your new washer and dryer to you one fine day. I do a very good job in the delivery. I don't damage anything, I show you how to operate the units, and I do everything right. Let's say that I leave you with a smile on your face, and a feeling that everything is right in the world. You are extremely happy with me and your new appliances. But after I leave, your son (little Johnny) gets home from school and you find that he just got the crap kicked out of him by another kid. Someone runs over your dog, kills your cat, and your spouse just told you that they want a divorce. the day after all this negative stuff happens to you, you get a survey call, which is automated by the way. You just want to get through it and you just press "one" all the way through it. That gave me negative numbers and I just got fired because my boss, and Sears, think that I really screwed you over because of your responses to that survey call (that you didn't give a second thought to). And that brings me to the customer that is scared to tell the truth. Some customers flat out lie to delivery people when asked if they are happy with the delivery. They tell delivery people that they are extremely happy, just to screw them over on the survey call. Like I said before, I am VERY sure that some delivery personnel couldn't care less about their jobs and do a very bad job on each and every call. But some take extreme pride in what they do, and it's simply not fair to them. So, if you want results, and if you truly want Sears to be a company that people can shop at with pride and be treated like they used to be treated in the all to distant past, don't complain about the delivery people; complain about the unfair system that make delivery people the bad guy no matter what they do, even when they do a good job.

Searsappliance delivery

Delivery team delivered not once but twice on the wrong date and the wrong time. No call in advace was provided either never came on the time scheduled. Then when delivered they placed the appliances in the center of the kitchen with the dishwasher still in the box and proceeded to leave. I was told they were to take the appliances out of the box. I wanted to inspect the dishwasher so I asked to view it, the individual gabbed the box tore it down and said see no damage and walked away.

This was just one of the many many problems I have had with the delivery service with Sears. they expressed both appliances were to be delivered. Then they said they only had one after I pulled all appliances out and threw food away. The only justification they want to do is offer a 50 rebate???????
      How about waiving the delivery fee.

Never have Sears deliver appliances!!! Will never buy again from Sears

Sears / Kenmore Double Oven — error code fo and beeping

Our oven began beeping and displayed the error code "FO". We contacted Sears and they sent out a repairman...

Sears Auto Centertires and car damage

I went into the Sears Auto center at Southpark Mall on 9/28/08 and dropped my car off at 10:30AM. I wanted two new tires placed on the front of the car and one stud replaced on the right front rotor. The car was finished 2PM, keep in mind when I walked out in the shop once to check on the car the employee asked me did I know how the brake pads went back into the brake assembly. I paid and went to leave the parking lot and heard a noise from the right front tire like rubbing metal. So I turned around and drove the car back into the service center and explained the issue. The employee that previously worked on my car pulled the left front tire off and while trying to remove the right front tire the lug nut for the new stud he just replaced would not come off. He stated that it could have been the incorrect lug nut. He had to cut the lug nut off and reinstall a whole new stud on the rotor once again which caused him to have to drive to pick up another one which I waited for once again. After the new stud was replaced and the new tires placed back on the front of the car I went to leave and drive home once again. I live several miles from the sears auto center and got about half way there and the car felt like something was holding it back a little. I pulled into my driveway and smelled burning brakes. I noticed the right front tire was smoking and I touched one of the lug nuts with my thumb and it caused a blister immeadiatly from the heat. I placed a jack under the car and tried to spin that wheel and it would not turn. I called Sears and they said to call a tow truck to bring the car back to the shop. I called a tow truck (around 5 PM) and they took the car back to the shop. Sears once again looked at my car. My brakes pad were damaged due to the heat, my CV boot was ripped (which wasnt before) and the heat warped my rotor to the point where it needed replacing because the right front wheel still would not spin. I called a ride to take me home and I arrived home at 7:30PM that evening. I called the next day to speak with the manager and asked for an update. he told me he would have a class 3 tech look at the car but doubted the CV boot could have been ripped just by putting tires on the car. I asked for a update before any parts were put on and I had concern about the axle since that side got so hot while driving home. I called 5 times between 11AM and 12PM on 9/29/08 and no one answered the phone at sears. I am still waiting to see what the resolution is but they seem unwilling to repair all of the damage they caused. I was told on 9/29/08 at 8AM that I would have an update and it is now 12:49PM and I have again for an hour and no one is picking up the phone.

Searsmanagement

When the merchandise I ordered didn't arrive, I went to the store to investigate. The store manager wasn't in, so I spoke to the assistant manager instead, a woman - no lady she - named Margie Martinez. Customers are supposed to come first at Sears, but not when said customer has to deal with Mediocre Margie.

I felt like I was on trial rather than in a retail store. Ms. Martinez insinuated that I had done something wrong during the ordering process, and seemed intent on getting rid of me as quickly as she could. This woman could definitely use a refresher course in customer service and common courtesy, because one day she's going to push an angry customer too far and the rest of us are going to read about it in the paper.

I canceled my order and went to Lowe's. I will give them my business from now on.

• Nu
              nusrat Sep 29, 2008

sir, In month of july defeat a examination for clerk post held on 13-7-08 but i cant see my or find result on your website so please declare result or sent to my e-mail Id or other method for knowing my result ROLL-NO [protected] reg ID no-1643898 EXAMINATION CENTRE --Gorakhpur(up)...

• Bi
              Billy Jun 15, 2009

i have worked for icc for 2 years. sears needed help cause no one was cleaning. its a two man job, i did by myself for 3 months with no complaints. i had to go to the hospital for being bipolor and all of of sudden Kathy the manager says im on drugs and not doin anything when just two days ago i was getting compliments. today i walkde in she forced me to leave told my employer i was on drugs wich im not other than the prescribed meds my doctor has givin me. im calling bbb and getting a lawyer and will have my job back

Searsdehumidifier

I tried to either exchange or return a dehumidifier that was not working and was still under warranty to the Sears store that I bought it from. I had the receipt too. They called the manager and he informed me that I had to take it to a separate store that did diagnostic tests on it and I was to pay them $29.99 to diagnose the problem and then pay them to fix the dehumidifier as well. I have dealt with Sears all of my life . I have have always had problems from them as well but have over looked them in the past. Finally after 40 years of dealing with there bull ...DING ! A bell went off . I have finally decided to stay clear Sears. I can easily find stores with equal or better products that will stand behind there products. I was not very happy throwing away over $200. on a humidifier that can not be used. Everyone is eager to take your money but if there is a problem they don't want to take care of it.

Sears Service Contract — maintenance agreement

I have a service contract with Sears for my Amana 22 u ft. Fridge. It was not cooling. I called Sears and...

Toronto

Sears — fraud and scam

Had repair for fridge set for 9/22/08 in the AM. Sears confirmed the night before. They no showed me and then...

Searsre-stocking fee

I went into the Sears Store in Rego Park, New York, Saturday, September 20, to return a Sony 2-Speaker Home Theater System purchase on 09/05/2008

Using a very unprofessional and confrontational approach, I was told by their sales staff that there would be a 15% restocking fee The stereo was in the original box and looked like it had never been opened and brought back to the store within 2 weeks of purchase. I have a note from the store manager written all items received.

The restocking fee does not apply as the item was in the original box and packaging and met the requirements of Sears Return & Cancellations Policy

I also e-mailed and phoned their National Customer Relations to look into this. I explained to the representative that the product returned was in the original box. She then changed the reason for the 15% fee! Open box!. Never again SEARS!

Sincerely,
              John Moey
              ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Below is a link to Sears.com for Return & Cancellations Policy.

Returns & Cancellations
              Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back
              Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, simply return your purchase in its original packaging, with your original packing slip and sears.com Order Confirmation E-mail Receipt within 90 days of your purchase, 30 days for Home Electronics and Mattresses for a refund or exchange. If you are not satisfied with your purchase after these time periods, please let us know. Your satisfaction is important to Sears.
              • A 15% restocking fee applies on Tires, select Home Appliances, Home Electronics, Home Improvement, Household Goods, Lawn & Garden, and Automotive products not returned in the original box, unused, and containing all original product packaging and accessories.
              • Special orders cancelled after 24 hours of purchase are subject to a 15% order cancellation fee
              For mailable and home delivery items, see our returns options below. Shipping and handling charges are not refundable. For additional questions on sears.com returns or order inquiries, email [protected]@customerservice.sears.com.

• Wo
                  wot90s Jun 18, 2009

good luck on the customer satisfaction, refundable. you have to go to the top to get any satisfaction. I will say, National relations department will help you. read my post from 6-18-09 on weedeater and getting my full credit.
                  national telephone number which sears local stores doesnt seem to have... [protected] good in florida, orange park.

Sears — not warned of hidden fees when being approved of sears card.

I purchased an item at sears. Here is the salescheck # [protected]. The cashier offered me a $15...

Sears Credit Card Servicesbad service

This is more of a warning than a complaint. My mom had a very negative and frustrating experience and has wanted me to post it on the internet to help others from experiencing the same.

My mom has had a Sears Credit Card for about 8-9 years. I came home from the mainland in 2006 and found a very large charge on her statment, in the amount around $60-$70. It turned out to be some kind of protection plan for the card.

Thing is, my mom said she never signed up for any plan. I spoke to a phone representative and was told that my mom signed for it with one of those $2.00 checks. I requested a copy of that be sent.

First I was told they would send it and it would take 7-10 business days. 2 weeks later, I called again and requested it again. Same thing. 2 weeks after, I was told that they did not have it and that they do not keep things on file that are more than 3 years old. I told them that it was ridiculous, as it is THE ORIGINAL proof or document that initiated the program in the first place.

We contacted the BBB and filled out the forms. However, we were told nothing could be done about it, as there weren't enough complaints at the time.

Sears credited back one amount. The annual fee kept being charged over 5 years. That would be up to $350, but then add to that interest. My mom was out a large amount of money.

Well, needless to say we cancelled the membership. Then after being abroad for a year, I returned and went through her bills. Another "plan" was being charged monthly. My mother did not sign up for this either!

English is not my mom's native language and her English reading skills are not very good. My mom feels that she was taken advantage of, because of this fact. Well, we cancelled the card all together.

So, to anyone who will listen, please be very careful with your Sears Credit Card. We hope this post prevents the horrible experience that my mom went through. If you have already experienced it, we are very sorry. Thank you for reading and good luck.

Sears Service Dept. / Kenmore Refrigeratorcustomer service

I had scheduled for a service repair on a Kenmore refrigerator. I filled out all the valid info. including my latest tel. and address. I received a confirmation e-mail letting me know that their would be someone coming between the hours of 1-5 to the address that I provided and if had any questions would call the telephone number I had provided. Well 5 o'clock came and went and know one had shown up. So I call the 800 number that was provided to me in the e-mail. I explained the situation to the lady who answered the phone, she asked for my tel. number I gave her the one I had provided when I had placed the request for the service repair. She asked if I had another one, I informed her that is the one I had provided when I made the request for the service repair and that I could giver her the service repair confirmation. She said no and that she needed another number I told her that is the only one that I had provided, she told me to hold on and then she hung up on me. I called back and spoke with the same lady this time she asked for a name and address. After spelling my name and address to her she then informed me that they had called the number that I had provided not from the e-mail service request I had placed that morning but from the one from 4 years ago when I originally purchased the fridge. But even before this she asked me if I was interested in an extended warranty. Then after she had told me what happened I told her how come someone did not call the number on the service request e-mail that I had placed that morning, She did not have an answer for me. She then instead of offering some kind of rebate or a waiving of the service fee she just told me that the next time a repair person could come out to do a repair would be 4 days later.

Sears / Kenmore Elite Trio Refrigerator — defect in lighting

My husband and I purchased a Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator in May of 2006. On Friday morning, August 29...

Sears Credit Cardworst customer service and card payments

This site is the absolute worst. I got this credit card because I needed to get some stuff on my car fixed and it seemed like a nice deal. Wrong! I usually pay my bills online and they want all your bank information... What company does that? What happened to a simple credit card payment? So I called customer service and every representative I have spoken to are rude. If you wish to pay with a credit card they charge you $14 just to use your card. I hate this card and if sears wants to keep their business they better straighten theirs!

Searsappliance defects

Sears Holdings Corporation August 12, 2008
                      William C. Crowley, Executive Vice President
                      3333 Beverly Road
                      Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Dear Mr. Crowley:

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction with Sears customer service. Being a loyal customer for over 35 years, I would like to relate the following experience.

After our less than three year old Model 110.[protected] washing machine malfunctioned, I ordered the replacement water pump from the actual part number and parts list diagram, paying expedited freight charges. When the pump arrived, the unit was entirely different from the original unit and contained the entire motor assembly with stern warnings about returning if installed. I called your parts dept. and was told I had the wrong part for my machine and they would send the right replacement part. The next day, a duplicate part arrived and I called the parts dept and spoke to a supervisor (Dave) whose response was he would submit a request to Whirlpool Inc. and that it would take 5- 7 working days. He said that he had other customers who were more urgent. I contacted customer service and spoke to (Mary) who said she would try to expedite this request. I finally contacted Whirlpool directly and was told that this was to be a superseded replacement part.

After installing the new unit, I found the troubleshooting guide immersed in water and taped to the inner-panel of the machine. I then followed the guide and also replaced the machine motor that I purchased directly from Whirlpool and to no avail, as the machine still does not function properly.

I then called the local Hunt Valley store where I purchased the unit. The appliance salesman told me that I was out of luck as they had not sold the over $1000 machine in over two years due to the class action lawsuit and associated problems with the machine. Next, I attempted to contact the store manager and the phone would ring continuously with no answer. The switch board operator transferred my call to the jewelry dept saying, “the manager frequently hangs out there.”

I have invested over three hundred dollars in parts and Sears has yet to send a pick up tag to return the original part or credit me as originally promised. After reviewing the web site posting, most people have invested over $700.00 on repair visits for this washing machine

I have spent thousands of dollars at Sears buying everything from major appliances to lawn equipment to shop tools and machines for home and business. It has become clear that your employees care nothing about customer service. I do not intend to purchase any future items ever again from Sears due to the outrageously rude and unacceptable service that I have received.

Sears — customer service department

August 28, 2008 Sears Corporate Office 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179 Attn: Advocate...

Sears Kenmore Refrigeratorfraud and scam

Bought a Sears Kenmore Fridge back in November of 2006. Stopped working at x-mas, yes, a month after the one-year warranty. (By the way, since when did we start assuming appliances such as a Refrigerator were only good for a year?). So, I figured I was screwed and chocked it up to bad luck on my part, and went and bought another, this time with my partner buying the service warranty. OK, so I thought it was just back luck, and gave em the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I thought I might try to have it fixed on my own dime. So, last week I had the local technician (RECOMMENDED BY THE LOCAL SEARS, MIND YOU) come and give me an assessment for cost of fixing it. I have kept it stored under cover on the back porch for a few months now.

He took one look, and asked when I had had it repaired. Never, of course, for I hadn't. In one year? "Well, look here--that is a repair." And sure as $^% in the back of this still clean, brand spanking new clean fridge was the very obvious evidence of a poor attempt at repairing the dryer part of the cooling system. Keep in mend these copper pipes are small and take lots less heat to solder and fix, and the quarters are/can be tight back under there...

Not only was the tube coming from the dryer damaged, but wires behind it were burnt bare from the torch that was used. I have done enough plumbing in my life to see and agree with him that someone botched the job, AND did not notify me that it was a REPAIRED APPLIANCE that they were selling me.

That is fraud, people. Fraud. Turns out that he would bet his entire 20-something career that SEARS fixed it and then sold it to me. This is a Sears recommended repairman, did I already mention that? Called Sears--they gave me the BS runaround and ultimately told me I was out of luck because they weren't called within the warranty period to fix it.

Hmmm... and I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not now. Not after what I have found out about this appliance. I will be notifying BBB, and others. Meantime, I am telling everyone, and spreading the news of their corruption and HORRIFIC service.

And I am canceling my card, of course.

Boris McGiver,
                        August 31, West Fulton, NY, 12194

Johnyu3 Mar 27, 2009

Good for you. ### Sears. never again. I usually try to avoid them but this one was not my idea. My refrigerator is down for the 3rd time in one year and they won't replace it.

Searstv repair

When called Sears at [protected] for an appointment, I was told the technician will tell you how much it cost me to fix my TV in terms of labor and parts after diagnosis. I was also told I have a chance to decide to whether let him fix the TV to pay the cost of labor and parts, or let him leave just to pay the diagnosis fee, which was $105.

Yesterday, a technician with name tag as "Carlo"(Technician ID 0007268) came. He never told how much his estimated cost would be as I was told previously. After 15-minute work, however, he told me I owe him ~$200, with $105.00 as diagnosis fee, ~$90 as labor fee, and $2.91 for AC fuse. I was shocked.

I do not want to fight a man in my house, so that I paid.

Called Sears right after the man left my house. However, I was told that I was unlucky, but the charges will stand.

Sears Opticalworst service in my life

October 2007 I used my Sears card at Sears Optical to purchase a pair of glasses on a really good sale. I was reminded repeatedly how much I was saving. Ok, great. Now it's almost September 2008 and I still don't have what I asked for almost a year ago. I hope no one has ever gone through this kind of ordeal, because it is ridiculous.

I did get my glasses after about a month, only to find that they didn't contain the transition I asked for. I came back and new lenses were ordered. I was having major surgery in December so I didn't bother to call to ask about them until late January when I had recovered (I had jaw surgery and could not speak well). I have taken countless trips to the store to inquire about my lenses. They have now, after all this time, been ordered about 7 times and each time they come back identical to the previous incorrect pair.

That's not even the bad part. The part that is most frustrating is that the person who works at the store, who I was told works there because she "thinks outside of the box" (OH PUHLEEZE), refuses to acknowledge how much ### this is for me. Instead she tries to get me to feel sorry for HER since she can't seem to get my order right. Instead, all I got over and over again was a barrage of excuses. The delivery person stole thousands of dollars of goods and is being incarcerated, the system is down, the system is new, the system is broken, it's a mess back here, I don't know where the other person puts things, the people at the lab messed up again. Then I got guilt trips, such as "I take this to bed with me, " "This whole ordeal keeps me up at night, " etc. I was also told the numerous times that clear lenses came in that each pair cost their business $400 a set. I'll be sure and send an apology for their trouble ;-). However, I was comped a pair of sunglasses (which I don't wear because they aren't prescription). Additionally, I was given a free set of clear lenses (which are of no use to me at all). The lady claimed to have filed a complaint with the CEO of the company because the lab was apparently at fault each time.

Three or four times ago that I went to check, I went with my mom because were having lunch together. It has become a running joke (which is not really that funny) that every time I go there or call I will never get what I want. So once again when the lenses weren't in, or suddenly disappeared from the system (the orders), or were just shipped, or were on their way, or were lost somewhere, I forget, it's all a blur now, the lady there says "wow you've been so patient, " and I said "Yeah, to your face." And my mom told me later that the woman said to another person nearby that that was not very nice of me to say that. OH, SORRY FOR NOT BEING NICE. I think upset sort of comes with the territory. I've spent more money in gas to pick up my non-existent lenses in the last year than I had on the glasses themselves. So much for a flipping sale.

Oh I also much mention that the last time I went in, the lady who works there lost her husband a few weeks ago. So when I went to ask for my glasses she said she had been out for weeks because her husband died and she hasn't had time to look for them. I'm not saying that's a lie... what I am saying is that isn't my problem nor is any of the other reasons why I haven't received what I ordered. I asked for a full refund at one point and she said ok hand over the glasses, and I said why you're just going to throw them away, and they said well you can't have the glasses and the refund. If it were me working there, I'd give the customer whatever they reasonably asked for to save them from losing more business down the road.

I have told everyone I know not to go there, and made sure to make a stink when I do go so the people in the store might be warned about the ### they may possibly end up enduring like I did. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau (which I had never done before, in case you think I'm an avid whiner). Sears never responded so my complaint file was closed, and I received a notice that consumers would be advised to be cautious with them in their dealings. Hopefully someone benefits from this mess. I sure haven't.