Sears / Nordictrack Treadmill / do not buy warranties from sears
Purchased a treadmill from Sears in August 2006 for $1700 and a 5 year warranty for $475. Allegedly covers all parts and service. Called to request service, sears claimed Nordictrack was to service. Nordictrack claimed extended warranty was covered by Sears. Spent 50 minutes being transferred between companies - Sears claimed they had no record of the warranty. Finally put in queue for UTS (Universal Technical Services) and was on hold for one hour 18 minutes. UTS finally answered and said someone would call within 6 business days to schedule an appointment. Could not tell me who would actually be calling me from local area as UTS doesn't actually do repair work in my state. Similar situation with a vacuum repair, an oven repair. DO NOT BUY WARRANTIES FROM SEARS. You are better off to pay for service as you need it and pursue other channels if your product is a lemon, including paying with other Credit that protects the consumers. Be sure to document all calls, contact names if possible, technician names and alleged repairs requested. Sears business model is geared toward investors and not consumers.
More Sears / Nordictrack Treadmill Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Home Warranty - Refrigerator Ice machine repair complaint - not yet done from past 5 months.
- Sears Brands - kenmore elite refrigerator model 795.72373.310
- Sears - wrong product
- Sears Brands - sears repair
- Sears Brands - refrigerator