Sears Mastercard / paid bill early - can't get credit

1 227 Co. Rd. 321, Ozark, AL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 334-774-9295

My name is Jimmy D. Overton. I have had a Sears account for too many years to recall. On Oct. 1, 2017, I mailed a $60 check to Sears MasterCard. I did not receive credit for that payment and received late fees. I took my bank statement showing the check cleared Wells Fargo/Wachovia to our local store manager but the Mastercard folks wouldn't believe the Sears person. They asked for a cancelled check so I went to the bank and was told with automated checks no cancelled check was available but I was provided a Transit Routing form proving payment was received and made from the bank. Still it's not enough "proof of payment" for Citicorp. It has been such a headache we have decided to find someone else to do business with other than Sears. In 2017 alone we purchased a washer, dryer and freezer but it will be worth our money to do business where we get credit for being good customers who have paid their bills on time for years.

Comments

• Sn
      16th of Nov, 2011
    Sears Mastercard - card holder in embarrassment
    Sears Mastercard
    British Columbia
    Canada

Its been over three years I'm using Sears MasterCard. Everytime I use it I face some problem. It declines frequently. Once I was in the YVR parking lot with this MasterCard ( YVR parking used to take only mastercard that time) . couldn't able to pay my parking bill. I called them right away and they fixed it after a week or so.
    I had similar situations this time when I was trying to buy airline tickets. It declined twice and then when I called they said they cleared out and assured me that I can buy my tickets then. Today when I went to finally buy those tickets, it declined again. In reply they said it will take a month to review my account and then I might be able to use it again. I never default paying my bills. Now I can't buy tickets because my other cards don't have enough credit limits to spend. If I can't buy tickets now, I may end up paying more. Sears MC never let me know when they review my accounts. There is absolutely nothing wrong with me as their customer.They put me in embarrassment and trouble.I think this should not be their policy and their customer service is not up to the expected level.They have not been able to give me any explanation for putting me on hold.