[Resolved] Sears / this is why sears is dying

Took my truck in to have 2 tires replaced. I was informed it would be ready in 1 hour, that was fine. Returned in 1 hour to find truck still in the place I had parked. Went into the waiting area. Was able to see they work area and 10 minutes later a mechanic bought the truck in and placed it on a lift then left for 10 minutes. He returned and removed the tires from the truck and took the to the changer and left again. 5 minutes later returned with another car and started to do an oil change. A few minutes later the dept. manager saw me and had the so called mechanic start back on the tires. This took an additional 25 minutes. As a consolation prize they gave me a whopping 5 dollars off my next purchase at sears [but I have to spend more then 25 dollars] because it took them more time then they said it would take. This kind of work ethic is why Sears will not be around much longer. It is not just this department but throughout the entire store.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Sep 21, 2010

Dear Jim H,

I apologize for responding late to your post here. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations. I know how valuable your time is, and I also realize it's never pleasant to have to wait for auto work to be completed. I'm sure witnessing the slow progress of your car was incredibly frustrating and is by no means acceptable customer service. This experience is not normally how things should run in one of our automotive centers and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Jim H) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Scott J.