Sears / sears sucks!!

1 Champaign, IL, United States

I worked for sears in Champaign, I'L for about 9 months until they wrongly fired me for buying my mother a dishwasher for Christmas!! I used my discount card to purchase a dishwasher on friends and family in November and since I didn't have all of it my dad went in half with me for it. Now everything was was fine until my parents went to have it serviced (we bought the extended service plan). It didn't work and they didn't fix it so my dad brought it back to the store. Everything was fine until my manager got involved and didn't want to refund him his money. My dad is older man and brought the diswasher himself (I was working that day). They got into an argument and my manager told my dad he never had to come back to sears again and then just went back to his office (that's not the first time he treated a customer poorly). Also the store manager evaded the whole situation!! A couple days later I got fired for misuse of discount card and I had never been warned about anything like that before!! On top of it I was a good associate. I performed almost as well as the full timer and I was part time. I also did some of my managers job without complaint!! I have no complaints about pay or comission I just think that the management at Champaign needs to be changed they treat the associates like craip!! Everyone who knows what happend knows I was fired unfairly. Anyways that is my rant about how the Sears in Champaign, il sucks!!