Sears / terrible delivery and service

Bought an expensive treadmill from Sears. Was told they would deliver and set up on the second floor of my Victorian Home even though it would not be easy as my staircase turns. I measured the unit and know it can go on the second floor if they take it out of the box. They came to my house took one look and said they would not deliver it. I told them to take it out of the box, they refused.

If they had to take it out of the box to set it up, why not take it out of the box when they bring it in. Refused to do so and while I was speaking to their manager, they took the unit and left. THey said they would send them back and tell them to do what I asked. Hours later they returned, and as soon as I opened my door they said they were told to set it up in my living room. Totally not true, and they left again.

I again call the manager and was told they would come back the same day with another person to help them. They would call me first. Another day has gone by and no call, and no treadmill. The moving men were rude and arrogant and I am out almost $1000.00.

Vi

Comments

• Br
      20th of May, 2011
    treadmill - repairs
    New York
    Phone: 917-774-6232

I have an extended service contract from UTS for my Treadmill and cant get service. It seems as though they are buying used parts when service is necessary and they are sending technicians to do the repairs that cant fix the machines. Six weeks my Treadmil is down and they still waiting for parts.