[Resolved] Sears / black friday treadmill problems

United States Review updated:

This message will probably go nowhere but I still have the need to at least voice my issue. A couple days before Black Friday my wife and I went to Sears to look at treadmills. Our goal was to find the treadmill we wanted in advance before trying to decide on one while fighting the crowds on Black Friday. We found the one we wanted; it was the NordicTrack T5.7 for $599. We were told if we were to buy the treadmill right then and if the price was to go any lower in the next 14 days we would be credited the difference. I asked if that would be the case for the Black Friday sale price as well and the associate said “Yes Sir, even Black Friday prices.”

We were convinced to purchase the treadmill right then knowing we would still receive the better price if it did get any better. Black Friday arrives and the price lowers to $499. I thought “great” and I contacted Sears and explained how I would like to be credited the $99 that I was told I would be three days prior. It was explained to me that was not possible because any deals like that would be excluded for Black Friday. After learning this would I have been better off returning the original treadmill for a refund that day then to turn around and repurchase thesame one for $100 cheaper 5 minutes later? If it wasn’t such a hassle I would have.

The day I purchased the treadmill we were straight up lied to by the sales associate. My wife and I have purchased numerous items over the years from sears which include some more costly items.

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, May 01, 2012

Dear Ahare,

Please accept our deepest apologies for the frustrations surrounding the purchase of your treadmill. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We have just read your post and wanted to reach out. Unfortunately the retail associate did speak out of term. Sears does offer a price match that will be honored up to 14 days after a purchase; however this excludes Black Friday sales. We do value you as a Sears customer, and we do not like to see our customers inconvenienced. We would like to speak with you and look further into this matter in order to go over the options we have to turn this into a positive experience. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the treadmill was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Ahare, you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Ah

Comments

• Su
      9th of Sep, 2013

You werent lied to. I am a Sears Salesperson. WE WERE NOT TOLD that our standard 14 day price guarantee was not valid on Black Friday. Sears changes rules frequently and arbitrarily. Our sales commisions are lowered during peak sales times and we are not told about it. Sears sucks and the sooner they go out of business the better