Having problems with Craftsman?

Craftsman Customer Service Contacts

1000 Stanley Drive
New Britain, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Craftsman Customer Service. Initial Craftsman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Craftsman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Craftsman. Discuss the issues you have had with Craftsman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

CraftsmanTiller

I bought this item from Lowe's. I got home and used it and it worked fine. The 2nd time I used it it had a growling noise. I found a plug missing that prevents dirt from getting in the gear box. I called craftsman and they said it should of been installed from factory And should be covered under the manufacturer defect warranty. They asked for pics and receipt. I sent. Now, I've Been avoided for 10 days, I've sent 4 emails and still nothing! So I guess they aren't giving my money back or fixing their screw up!

Tiller

CraftsmanSpotlight

Bought a spotlight from Lowes, 6 months later it quit. Called craftsman they said they didn't deal with it and it was through a third party vendor. They gave me the info for the third party but the third party would not answer any phone calls. Called craftsman back to complain they said they could not do anything. Finally craftsman got in touch with them and they sent an email saying to ship light back to them at my cost of shipping. I called craftsman back and told them this was unexpected because I had already payed $50 for the light then they wanted me to pay 20 to 30 dollars to ship something to them that was under warranty. Craftsman said they couldn't help me because this was through a third party vendor. I told them I didn't buy something through there third party vendor I bought something that said craftsman and they needed to man up and take care of there customer. I have emailed the receipt and produce info to craftsman but they don't seem to care at all.

Craftsmanwon't run

cmxgaamr27bl leaf blower bought 6-2-19 from Lowe's store # 2514.
      The primer bulb leaked gas everywhere, the pull cord broke. When I did get it running it would not stay running. I am not happy.called your phone number as it's under warranty. Take it to osgoods repair in fryberg maine. I did so, they charged me $15 just to look at it. Said they doubted the warranty company would cover anything but would submit.This is no way to run a business! And this seems to be a very poorly made product. I thought craftsmen was better then this.I will never but any of your products or recommendations them to anyone.

Clyde Brooks
      Po box 377/ 93 interval
      Bethel maine, 04217
      [protected]

won't run
      won't run

Craftsman12" compound miter saw

In September last year I purchased a Craftsman 12" Compound miter saw from Sears in Everett. In August the guard shattered and I went to have the saw repaired. I asked both craftsman and sears what I needed to do. They first said the partes were unavailable. If I knew the parts were not going to be available, I would never purchased the saw.

Next they said, you can take it to PNC they do our repair work. In August, I took the saw to them for repair. 2 days ago, I contacted them for a status report, They said that the parts were unavailable. I went down and picked up the saw.

So, Why is craftsman selling tools that cannot be repaired? (The saw is still for sale.) What recourse do I have to replace the Saw? (I also bought the stand.)

I am concerned about purchasing another Craftman product as PNC told me they cannot procure parts for other Craftsman products?

Has a great company dropped so low as to not value customer satisfaction?

Mar 18, 2019

Craftsman — 20v impact drill with charger and 2 batteries. brand new!!

I was gifted a brand new craftsman impact drill for christmas this past season 2018. I had just recently...

Craftsmanno repair parts available

I have a Craftsman tool box that is only about five years old and I need a drawer slide. Sears Parts Direct told me that Sears just quit making parts for this tool box. I can't believe that Sears would not supply parts for something that is five years old or that they don't have another tool box with same dimensions with a drawer slide that would work on my model.

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractorlawn tractor

Purchase a new lawn tractor in ~2014 and the transaxle failed about a year later. Sears replaced the transaxle system ~ Aug 2016. The same thing has reoccured and the transaxle has failed again during June 2018. I called for assistance at the help desk who are not helpful and only offer canned responses. They state the repair warranty is over 90 day and they will not honor the repair warranty any longer. I asked to speak with a supervisor who said that they are the last person for escalation and we need to contact corporate via written email or letter. What a lack of care for the consumer.

Researching the issue online it is clear they have an manufacturing issue with these lawn tractor transaxles with regards to longevity. The 90 day replacement and repair warranty gets them off the hook to provide service with the cost past onto the customer.

Last sears and craftsman transaction I will have.

Garage Door Opener - Craftsman — warranty issue

Sears warranty for Garage Door Opener(GDO) motor is 10 years and agreed by Sears. I have been facing motor...

Milton

Craftsman Tractor — craftsman tractor

Since we bought the tractor the buttery not keep the electric, every time I used we have to change the...

Sears Craftsman — warranty or repair service

Monday, August 29, 2016 October of 2015 I purchased a Craftsman cordless screwdriver from K Mart of...

Burnham

Craftsman SearsBad customer service

Tried returning a chainsaw that did not work, for an 80yr old women. Was giving a total run around because i did not have her receipt. The manager in the tool department was arrogant and did not seem to give a s t. then he brings the manager from appliances over to talk with me. long story short he told me the saw was stamp dated 05. ok why did the manager of the tool department know and tell me that. this character was also very rude, so i became rude back. You get what you sow a holes. Well now because of this bad experience there i will no longer be buying my tools from crapsman i spelled that on purpose that way. I will let everyone i know about this experience i had. I have alot of friends in the trades business, and will be blogging bad reviews about this for a long time. Your company there blows. very unhappy with your services and people that work for your company. sincerely a customer you have lost for good.

Craftsman BlowerShear pins failure

Remembering the past year's hurdles. My craftsman 247.88755 snow thrower has less than 25 hrs of use. One of last years storms got a small branch wedged in the auger . My investigation found the shear pins failed to shear, leading to the gear box
                Breaking. The gear box part cost is about $200.00 . That's a rip-off fix for an engineering flaw!! I like the machine so please offer me a
                Reasonable fix. (How about you send me the part(#618-04292a ) and i will labor to remove and install ). Frank bruno ([protected]@aol.com )

Craftsman — won't stand behind warranty

I tried to take back my broken allen wrench that was a craftsman lifetime warranty they said they did not...

Sears Craftsman Lawnmowerpoor customer service 1-800-4-my-home

Never buy a product from SEARS. 1-800-4-MY-HOME has to have one of the worst issue logging system to date. Let us look at the logistics of their system. 1. You log an issue with your Sears product 2. They issue a ticket, and is dispatched to a third-party contractor 3. You wait and under the mercy of the third party contractor. Our issue is when we opened the Craftsman Briggs and Stratton lawn mower, the grassbag had a small dent on the hard plastic piece caused by pressing onto the lawn mower during shipping and handling. This was logged back in May 2014, fast forward last Thursday, November 27, after numerous phone calls to 1-800 number about 5-10 hours wasted, we were finally proceeded to go to the local Sears repair centre as per the manager from the 1-800, this was after the third party contractor refuses to contact and follow up and show up to repair the item. Sears basically said that they do not know if the damage happened before or after the use of the lawn mower. I was shocked as why would I go to all of this trouble and could not sympathize that my wife was pregnant back in May and taking care of the baby now, all that effort wasted and we will never purchase anything from Sears again

Craftsman Lawn Tractorbattery discharges when running

original lawn tractor was replaced after several appointments were missed, an additional 1 year warranty was offered for the negligence, original case #SCMCaseED.id.id-:: .sales check #[protected], I called today spoke with Schwanda she gave me a Nov. 11 repair date, said I would receive an e-mail which I have not received. My case # with the BBB was #[protected]. my e-mail address [protected]@aol.com, sears item # [protected]. I hope history does not repeat .

Craftsman T1400 Lawn Tractor — Warranty Service

Caveat Emptor - For five days I have been trying to schedule a warranty repair visit with SEARS to address a...

Craftsman Pressure washer (Mod# 580752060)Repaired item returned with same problem

PRESSURE WASHER LOG
                      <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
                      6/15/2007 – Purchased Craftsman Pressure washer (Model#[protected])
                      6/15/2007 – Transportedpressure washer home and filled out the warranty requirements
                      6/15/2007 – 6/15/2014 Enjoyed using Craftsman Pressurewasher (Model# [protected]) over a seven year period until the “pressure” featurestopped working. I could get the unit to run as long as I didn’t try to pullthe trigger on the wand. At best the unit was real good at serving as anexpensive coupling between my hose and my spray nozzle.
                      6/15/2014 – 7/22/2014 I made repeated attempts to use the CraftsmanPressure washer (Model# [protected]) in the manner suggested in the user manual…with no success.
                      7/23/2014 – Loaded up the Craftsman Pressure washer (Model#[protected]) into the truck to transport to the Sears Parts & Repair Center(Store# 8247), 1000 FM 517 W., Dickinson, TX 77539. Informed the associate thatthe unit was running fine, but I couldn’t get the increase in pressure that wasEXPECTED when you pull the trigger on a PRESSURE WASHER. I described the problem in more detailexplaining that the unit would allow water to flow through it (with minorrestriction) while motor was not running. Then I could start the motor and let it run for as long as I wanted, assuming I don’t want to actually USE the pressure washer as it was intended(as a pressure washer). I explained thatonce the trigger on the spray wand was depressed the pump was engaged through achange in flow and the motor would cut out.
                      They explained that I would have to pay $50 (actually $54.13with tax) as a pre-payment and pre-approve a repair expense of up to $125. I decided that at best the pump would have tobe replaced so the greatest expense would probably fit within those costmargins. After all, all indicationsshowed the unit was running just fine.
                      07/30/2014 – I received a call from the actual repair centerto inform me that the total repair would cost $273.84 and they needed myapproval in order to continue. I wasclearly shocked by the amount and asked what all was being repaired to requiresuch a high estimate. The girl on theother end explained that the carburetor was not repairable and would requirereplacement. Also the bearings were shotand the pump head would need to be replaced. I hesitated and finally said I couldn’t justify the expense because I couldpractically buy a new one at that price. Of course, they already got $50 fromme which would be forfeited should I decide not to go ahead with therepairs. The associate said she wouldsee if she could make an adjustment in that amount. Within a few minutes, she came back and said;“How about $198.84? Would that be better?” I clarified, “Is that the total before you deduct the $50 pre-payment?” She assured me it was, so I told her I couldlive with that expense. I told her to go ahead with the repairs.
                      08/01/2014 – I received a call from the repair center toinform me that the repair would be delayed due to a need to order parts for myrepair. Once the parts came in, therepairs would continue.
                      08/11/2014 – I received a call from the Sears Parts &Repair Center (Store# 8247) stating that my Craftsman Pressure washer (Model#[protected]) was back and ready to be picked up. I told them I would be by right after work.
                      08/11/2014 – I drove to the Sears Parts & Repair Center(Store# 8247) to pick up the Craftsman Pressure washer (Model# [protected]). They were quite busy but eventually gotaround to helping me. Once the unit wasbrought up front they informed me that the total amount due was $248.84. I asked what happened to the quote of$198.84? They quickly came back with a response, “Well, you already paid the$50 per-payment, so that brings your total amount due today to $198.84.”Clearly the girl on the phone misled me to believe that rate was before the $50deduction.
                      While I waited for them to ring me up I noticed that theclear plastic tube between the detergent reservoir and the pump discharge wasmissing. So I told them to go ahead anddiscount the cost of a new tube because I was going to have to have thatreplaced. The senior associate said shewould see if they had one in stock. Shediscovered that they did NOT have the part in stock so she would order it andhave it sent to my home address. Whilewe were waiting on her, the associate suggested I purchase some Trufuel as aninsurance against this sort of expense occurring in the future. I thought that sounded like a good idea andadded a couple cans of Trufuel 4-cycle to the ticket and took my “practicallynew” and rebuilt Craftsman Pressure washer (Model# [protected]) home.
                      08/11/2014 – I transported the Craftsman Pressure washer(Model# [protected]) to 1607 Roaring Springs Lane, Seabrook, TX 77586. I unloadedthe unit from my truck and moved it to the back yard where I hooked it up tothe hose so that I could clean up the dock as originally intended. I checked the oil and added a can of Trufuel4-cycle to the tank, turned on the water, set the switch to on, set the choketo open, verified the fuel valve was open and pulled the starter. The Craftsman Pressure washer Model# [protected]) started right up. This was no surprise, because it had donethis every time in the past. I adjustedthe choke after the motor had warmed up and it continued to hum. Now for the true test… will the motor stayrunning when I pull the trigger.
                      I picked up the wand and pressed the trigger and waspleasantly pleased when the pressure exerted force back against the wand. It was time to clean up the deck. The pressure seemed right so I began to removedirt and mold from the deck boards until about 2 minutes into the project whenthe pressure washer coughed once then twice again. I released the trigger andshe went back to humming. I pressed thetrigger and continued to renew the look of the deck. After another minute or so the pressure levelcoughed again and the motor hesitated. Three and a half minutes in the motorsputtered then stopped.
                      I went up to the Craftsman Pressure washer (Model#[protected]) and checked the oil level again. It looked fine. I reset the choke and double checked the fuelvalve. Everything seemed to be in order. I pulled the rip cord and the entire thing tried to jump off the surfaceof the deck. The motor seemed jammed or seizedup. I tried a few more times to noavail.
                      I disconnected the unit and took it back to the bed of mytruck so I could return it to the Sears Parts & Repair Center (Store# 8247), 1000 FM 517 W., Dickinson, TX 77539.
                      I decided to call the repair center to let them know I wascoming and was NOT at all happy. Icalled the number that was left on my phone earlier and got no answer. I decided they must have already closed so Icalled the 800 number on the repair ticket. I got an answer there and told them it was a sick joke they were playingon their customers by making me pay nearly $300 then returning a pressurewasher with the same symptoms as the one I gave them to repair. She apologizedand asked for the ticket number. Sheassured me that this was not normal and suggested I take the unit back to thedrop-off center in Dickinson so they could transport it back to the repaircenter and find out what is wrong. Itold her that it was a 30 minute drive and was NOT happy to be needing toreturn. I told her I would prefer NOT tohave to do it and if I did take the unit back I would NOT be interested inwaiting another three weeks to get my Craftsman Pressure washer (Model#[protected]) back. I would let them KEEPthe one they fixed and let them give me a NEW one in exchange.
                      I asked her what the hours were at the drop-off center andshe said they were open 10AM-7PM. I wassurprised because it was only just after 5PM and nobody had answered thephone. I told her thank you and that I wasgoing to try to call them again.
                      This time the Dickinson Drop-off center answered and Irepeated the story that it was a cruel and mean trick to charge me $300 to keepmy unit for three weeks only to return it to me still broke. She said I could bring it back to have themlook it over again. I repeated that Ididn’t appreciate having to drive an hour out of my way to deliver the unit andwait another 3 weeks for its return. Iinformed her of my terms. I WILL bereturning the unit to them, but will let them exchange it for a new one since Idon’t have any faith in their ability to fix it. She told me they don’t doexchanges and suggested I wait until Wednesday so I could talk to the manager.I told her I was just letting her know ahead of time what to expect because bythe time I got there I would NOT be happy! She repeated that Wednesday would be a bettertime to return it.
                      08/11/2014 – I went home after work and decided to try tostart the Craftsman Pressure washer (Model# [protected]) again. I thought it would be best to document apattern of sorts if one existed. Thistime I pulled it out into the driveway and hooked it up to the front hose. It started up just fine again and I ran itfor three minutes or so without any issues. So I disconnected it and took it to the back yard again. I was able to get it started again and gotback to cleaning up the deck boards. After about 5 minutes the coughing started again and the unit quitcompletely. This time I pulled out myphone and decided to record the incident. The first attempt ended with the pressure washer making no attempt torun. So I rested and went back to tryingto pull the cord again. This time theunit resisted three times UNTIL THE HANDLE BROKE OFF IN MY HAND. That was the end of my attempts to start the CraftsmanPressure washer (Model# [protected]). HoweverI DID get the incident on film!

RESOLVED

The manager agreed to refund full amount of repair. I was able to take advantage of a sale on a new pressure washer and saved 25% on that purchase. All is good!

Craftsman String MowerReturn policy and customer service

My experience with the McMinnville Sears store has been FAR less than stellar! on 04/13/2014 I purchased a Craftsman String Trimmer Mower ($384.00). I used this item two times and it failed to start. I returned the item to the local store and spoke with the store owner. He informed me that the item was past the return date( by 8 days, if you counted business days it would be less). He stated it must be sent out for repairs. I asked him how long that would take and he stated that it may take " two weeks, three weeks or maybe longer". I told him that was unacceptable and that perhaps he could exchange or refund my purchase. He became very rude and stated that there would be no refund or exchange and I'll just have to wait until it's done. I told him that I really needed the machine and I couldn't wait that long. I just wanted to end the transaction. He then stated, " you obviously didn't hear me, I told you there was no refunds! if I refunded everyone with a bad piece of equipment that came in here I'd be out of business". I told him that he must be kidding and asked him if he really wanted to alienate customers with this rude attitude. He then stated that he was "done" and "that's the end of it".
                        I was livid. I left the store and all the paperwork and called Sears Corporate in Chicago. They called him and he again refused any compromise and solution other that me waiting for this unspecified repair period. Sears Corporate, after trying to reason with him, called me and informed me that since he was a "Franchise Owner" there was nothing they could do for me.
                        I went into the store two weeks later to check progress as I had heard nothing since leaving it there on 05/21/2014. The owner informed me that he hadn't heard anything yet. He didn't even offer to call and check. By now I was really angry.. I asked him to reconsider and just put and end to our transaction and interaction. He stated that he didn't have to do anything and that everything he was willing to do is being done.
                        As of this writing (06/16/2014) I went back to the store today. I asked him if the mower was done. I went in the back and brought it out. I asked him how long it had been there. He shrugged and stated that it was "probably Tuesday or Wednesday of last week, maybe Thursday". I resisted the temptation at that point to ask him why he hadn't notified me. I asked if it ran ok now. He stated "who knows". I said to him "don't you think it would be a good idea to find out?" He pushed it outside and pulled on the cord at least 8-10 times. I told him it didn't appear to be fixed. He stated, "it's probably out of gas". I said, so now what?". He stated, its been fixed there's nothing else he's willing to do. I asked him if he even knew the meaning of good customer service. At that point he began to raise his voice and tell be to get out of his store and never come back. "Take your damn trimmer, sign the papers and get out"!
                        I told him to keep it and that I'd just deal with him in court. He stated that "I have lot's more lawyers that you do and Sears backs me". Then stated that, It won't cost me anything...anyway Sears pays all my legal expenses". I was so angry and upset I just left. Sears Corporate tells me that the company policy states 30 day returns on mowers. They just don't understand why he's being so rude and uncooperative.
                        Long story short folks... I pity you if you buy anything in this store and it breaks down! This owner should not be in a customer service based business. I have owned my own business for over thirty two years and if I treated my customers this way I wouldn't have a business very long.
                        Save yourself some time, anguish and money and take your business to someone who appreciates their customers! I will NEVER shop Sears again!
                        - A former loyal Sears shopper, but no longer.

Rooster Barnes Jun 19, 2014

No, Champ, but many stores have a much longer grace period than Sears.

Rooster Barnes Jun 18, 2014

"Champion, " go check with HD and Lowe's about their return policy; it's a lot more than a week.

Rooster Barnes Jun 17, 2014

Now you know why Sears is teetering on the edge of closing down. Next time, go to Lowe's or Home Depot.

Sears Craftsman Rotary Lawn Mower — lawn mower leaking gas, not running

Lawn mower purchased 3-2012. Lawn mower was running poorly, I replaced the spark plug and some improvement...

Craftsman 420cc 42” 7-Speed LT1500 Non CAsears

On February 28th I had purchased a Craftsman 420cc 42” 7-Speed LT1500 Non CA. Several days later on March 4th it was delivered. That same day after the delivery I went to check my bank account information that's when I noticed not only did they charge me once but they had charged me twice for this product. First off the product was to be in its original packaging which it wasn't second it had deep scratches in the front. When we mentioned this to the delivery guys they told us to sign the delivery form and that we would half to take it up with sears. So needless to say I called and called and called at this point I was getting shoved around from one rep to the next. Finally the last attempted on calling I finally find some one who actually help me to the department. After informing them of what had happened I was told to hold so I did. They got back to me with an E-mail address to the solution team that could help me in this matter. Okay thought I was getting some where by now, in the end I wasn't. I had e-mail them about 4 times now, each time telling me of a different date to expect my secondary refund. I had contacted the Better Business Bureau as of tonight and hoping that this matter can be resolved. Still I am fighting with them mind you I have faxed all information to them of proving the secondary charge and the scratches as well. As for the scratches 100 gift card is the best they can do at this point. This is not worth the time nor the money to go thou. If your looking for a item my opinion is don't buy from them online you will just get the run around, and end the end possibly charged more then the item is worth.

• Ab
                              abdel razek Mar 17, 2013

please stop eng for my number from today or unsubscribe to [protected] i tried to send alot of sms to your number 4054 but they always failed so please stop eng 4054 thank you