Sam's Club Credit Gm Money Bank / 6months no interest

1 KY, United States Review updated:

I recently purchased a large TV from Sam's Club with Sams discover with an advertised 6 months no interest but was charged interest when statement came, I called costumer service and deborah the rep was very rude and suggested i pack the 55 in TV back to the store and have them redo the transaction mynearest Sams's club is 100 miles away, also tryied to make payment online and site was down for days called for assist and rep was rude buy time i was able to make payment it was a day late and i was charged 40 dollars. So by time all is said and done I was screwed out of 70 bucks. I have cancelled my sams account and wish to no longer do buisness with them.

Comments

• De
      8th of Jan, 2012

THIS SYSTEM IS SUCH A SCAM!! I bought tires at Sam's in Newport News, VA. I didn't have a card but was going to pay cash. The sales person showed me a special, 50 dollar credit for opening a card. I bought 4 tires. Maybe 500.00 worth. I had been paying my bill faithfully, and about 6 months in, decided I could go paperless, and pay on-line. MISTAKE!! I kept trying to log in and pay, and the computer kept stating there was "no such account" so I had no paper bill and no on-line bill. When I called in, I was continually put on hold or transferred, and hung up on. FINALLY, I called to chk my balance, and what I thought would be 100 dollar balance was $378!!! I had been paying at Walmart, on time EVERY month, but when you pay at the stores, they can't pull up any info so they just take your $$ and give you a receipt. Apparently, I was charged 35 dollar LATE fees 7 times, not for lateness, but because I was paying 5 dollars UNDER the minimum!! Like, what a racket, how would I know this, and most importantly, WHY was I not sent a letter when I got hit with a fee?

• Be
      14th of Jan, 2012

I was paying my account through the WalMart Stores. In September 2009, they wouldn't take my payment, unknown to me why. I had never been late on my payments to my card. I went online to GEMB and they wouldn't take my payment. I was thinking, what is going on here. I had time, so I sent my payment in the mail. My check was returned unpaid. I called GEMoney Bank up and asked what was going on. I told the representative I have tried 3 times to pay my monthly September bill and no one wants my money. She looked on my account and now decides that was late. So now I am pissed and I refused to make the payment for this card, becuse of their glitches in their accounting software. It was not my local WalMart store's fault that their computer servers were down during this time. It was not my fault that my bank returned a check that was not cashed after being sent to Arizona.
    Now I having to go to court, because the credit card company refused a payment to start with and then started adding late fees of over $50.00 for non payment. That is being ripped off.

• Re
      17th of Aug, 2014

SAM's Club Credit Card
    Just got my statement in and the 6 months interest free for the purchase of 4 tires was not on my statement. Charging the interest anyway. I emailed them maybe they want me to take off the 4 tires and get them back to the store that is 125 miles away to get my money back...I'm just the person to do that...rip off's