Ross / Rude and very unproffessional

1 Orange City, FL, United States
Phone: 386-837-2439

I went into Ross today to look for some shoes. I found a pair I liked very much, but they ran a size too small. I went to the front desk and waited in line. The cashier was backed up and called for another assoicate to come and help her, and since I was next to be serviced I went to the next register with my question. I asked the cashier if there was a way to call another store to see if they had a bigger size of the shoe I wanted. She said "NO, we do not do that." I then asked her for a number to another Ross so I could call myself, and she said "No, we do not do that." I said your kidding me and she just stared at me. I put the shoe's down on the register and before I could ask another question the women yelled out "Next!" As an assistant manager at a different retail store I know that our store policy is that we contact nearby stores in order to determine if they carry the item a customer is requesting, and that has also been the policy with several other retail positions I have been in. I found her attitude and actions to be extremely unprofessional and inappropriate for a retail market which strives on customer satisfaction in order to retain their current clientelle. Unfortunately due to the way I was treated I was too frustrated to think to get the name of the cashier I spoke with, although I know that they were the backup cashier around 7:00-7:30 this evening (9/12/2010).

Jeanne Maraglia