Ross Dress for Less

80 S Tunnel Rd, Asheville, NC, 28805, US

Reviews and Complaints

Ross for LessI will never return to this store

I went to Ross for Less on Tunnel road in Asheville, NC today after i worked a 12hr shift. I was in line to make a return. I was behind a lady that had a purchase. The manager told the floor supervisor that she had to do my return. The manager asked me if i wanted to look around before i did my return, i said no. So she told me i had to get in line. I was already in line. There was a customer behind me with a buggy full of items, one of which didn't have a tag on it so i had to wait till she called an associate to make another tag for the shirt. These people were behind me not in front of me. I don't think that i am any better than any one else but i should have been taken before the people standing behind me. So i left the store and will never return to this location ever again. I tell people about that ross in general all the time because i have always been able to find something every time i have went into one of the stores. It hurts me to make this complaint because this is my favorite store. I have worked in retail before so i know it can be very stressful. I used to run a customer service desk and no one has ever complained about me not being fair to them. Thank you.

• Updated by CarlX · Sep 22, 2018

1-3:45, two cashiers, no movement. still slow. No manager as of yet.

• Ba
    Barbara Oct 10, 2007

I really don't think that is a good enough reason not to shop at the store ever again. I love Ross For Less and even though I dislike standing in the long lines and having to wait it won't stop me from shopping there to get the great bargains they have. Employees of retail stores are human and make mistakes, maybe that is what is was, so lighten up. Maybe the clerks did not realize you were in front of those people and you should have asserted yourself in that regard. The people behind you should have been courteous enough to stay in their place and let you go ahead so that was rude but like I said I would not let something like that ruin my bargain future!

• Da
    Dan Coates Oct 31, 2007

I actually heard your new Ross commercial on the t.v. tonight... a new low, advertising Christmas (complete with holiday music) on Halloween. What kind of un-check greed would motivate a large company like Ross to subject its consumers to this brand of commercialism this early in the year? Could Ross and its Board members be that desperate for business, or simply that out of touch with how inappropriate such an untimely ad would appear?

I for one will not be doing any of my extensive holiday shopping at Ross, as you have put an unsavory taste in my mouth before I even had a chance to enjoy some good Halloween candy. Good to know Scrooge is alive and as greedy as ever... in the guise of the big blue Ross For Less neon.

Dan Coates
    Los Angeles, CA.

Marsha Walor Mar 25, 2008

I went to make a return today at the Margate Florida store and they had only 2 registers open and about 15 people in one line and the other line had about 10 because they were going to shut the register down. If you can do a volume of business you could at least please the customer by haveing enough people to take care of the consumer in a prompt manner. I suggest you add staff to all of your stores. It is the same problem with all of your locations.

Marsha Walor

Madcustomer12345 Aug 14, 2018

The clothes are no good. They are sensitive to my skin and hurting me. Its also dirty. The people are rude and nasty.

• Co
    Copelandqvj Aug 20, 2018

Purchased used ideams. Customer service argued with recite . Manager didnt return anything

• Mu
    Murtaza Khambati Aug 21, 2018

While I was working in Ross my associate and manager talks whole time and at time of closing they give all work to me and close store at 12:30am instead of 12:00 am
    I have proof as well, so I tried to talk with manager but nothing works
    Please do something

Nottellin Sep 10, 2018

Employees can work for weeks with no paycheck. Managers will change schedules without consulting or discussing with the affected employees.
    I know an employee who has been there 3 weeks, no paycheck. Last week she went in to work and was told, "Oh, I changed your schedule...forgot to call...good thing you live close... see you at noon instead".

• So
    Sonya Ingram Sep 11, 2018

This is very Horrible.. it’s tons of people pulling up and tryin to get into ROSS #3050 in Waldorf, MD 20603. Their no manager in site and we wondering why at 10:58 no one has shown up for work.

• Ca
    CarlX Oct 02, 2018

1-3:30 pm one cashier, Lake Mead & Civic ctr. Las Vegas, NV. 30 people on line. Pic per request. Mgr Terese out. No mgr available.

• Fs
    Fsye Oct 21, 2018

Simply put rude and smug.

I'd expect someone of her ability and statue to be more professional and accommodate a business realitionship this was far from my expectations .

I am rethinking my whole strategy of doing business with this company from this incident forward.

• On
    One Voice Oct 22, 2018

My wife, myself or any of our friends or family will ever shop at a Ross again.

• Zy
    Zylene Flores (zy) Nov 04, 2018

A cashier named mavin ross sloat was very rude. To all the customers. She acts very irritated and unfriendly.

• Mo
    Mom robbins Nov 20, 2018

Stood in line for 20 minutes...really?

• Ro
    Ross shopper Feb 12, 2019

Employees are putting the security devices anywhere damaging the clothes with pin holes.. it's supposed to be on the sleeve or under the arm..

• St
    Staceyledfoooo Jul 27, 2019

I just told the manager the bathrooms were disgusting and there was not any toilet paper in any stall and her response was I KNOW

• Sh
    Shantel Triggs Sep 02, 2019

Ms. Angelic

• 65
    6534982 Oct 15, 2019

I am complaining regarding the costumer service of the cashiers, I went yesterday night at around 7pm and the cashiers look mad and upset, when you ask for help they are rude about it. I live out of town and first time going to this Ross and it was not a good experience.

Cheryl Finnigan Oct 26, 2019

This store is filthy. Clothes all over floor. Everything thrown everywhere. Employees not cleaning at all. So bad couldn't even get down some aisles. Just filthy.

• Je
    Jesse Dominguez Nov 11, 2019

Associate 978229 very unprofessional dropped items on floor did not apologize or pick it up. And when did it become customer job to remove hangers? Spent five hundred dollars that day still will shop ross but never that location

• To
    Topsy123 Nov 12, 2019

On the evening of 11/05/2019 I purchased large furniture item from Greenfield, WI store. Asked for assistance getting item into my vehicle. I was told by the manager and a clerk(not the clerk who checked me out) they don't help take purchased items out. Manager charged me 2xs trying to allow for senior discount. Don't see reversal in my acct. yet.