[Resolved] Mediacom / Jacked up rates

1 United States

Why is it that I, as a long time Mediacom customer, am NOT eligable for the current promotions with lower rates.

I pay over $170 per month for cable, internet and phone.

Mediacom is offering the same service to new customers for $89.95.

I have never missed or been late on a payment. What did I do to deserve this?

I called customer support and they are willing to adjust my rate down to about $130 per month if I agree to a 12 month term.

Why can't I get the $89.95 rate that the new customers get?? "Well, you are not a new customer."

They must not value their existing customers at all!

I may be a new customer very soon...just not at Mediacom!

• Resolution statement

• Solockthis,

I apologize for the inability of customer service to reduce your rates. While we do offer special incentives to new customers, we do value our current customers and we do not want to lose you as a customer. I would love to look into this for you and see what I can do to help you with this. If you could please send me your telephone# or account# I can look over the bill and see if I can help. Please send this info to socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com or join here at the mediacom official forums and message a moderator http://mediacomcable.com/CustomerSupport/forum.php . I apologize again for the billing issues and we want to assure you we value all our customers, new or long term.

Thanks!