Maytag / maytag sold their company and their promises do not exist.

Phone: 307-630-2748

I built a new home in 1998 and insisted on all Maytag appliances. The Maytag oven we installed has a white finger touch control panel. My wife and I are both professionals and travel most of the week and eat out or microwave precook meals all the time. The stove was only used 3 or 4 times a year for the last 8 years. The white control panel quit working and an f7 code appeared. We called the company that installed it and they came out and removed the panel. On the back it had a sales sticker that showed it cost $35. When they tried to order it they found that it was not an item that anyone stocked and since Maytag was sold to another company could not be replaced. I got online and searched for several nights and called several places across the US only to confirm that Maytag no longer exists and their appliance parts a no longer being manufacturerd. What is in inventory is all that s available. A $35 dollar part cost me $1300 to purchase a new stove because Maytag no longer exists. I just watched a Maytag commercial on tv and felt I needed to make people aware. MAYTAG SOLD OUT AND THEIR PROMISES DO NOT EXISTS THE NEW COMPANY IS MARKETING THE NAME BUT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THE APPLIANCES MADE PRIOR TO THE SALES. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A MAYTAG AGAIN.

Comments

24th of Apr, 2008

That isn’t necessarily true. Many companies stop making certain parts for major appliances after the 7 year mark – depending on demand. Your appliance is 10 years old and your particular model, there just might not have been a demand for it. This was true even when Maytag was a stand alone company. And as of right now, there are hundreds of models that were manufactured by Maytag (prior to the sale to Whirlpool), that is currently available and still produced by Whirlpool.

This is a fast moving industry and with its constant updates, changes, and new technology that’s thrown out at us (the everyday consumers), what may have been available for your appliance a few years ago just may not be available now. And while this doesn’t help you now, it also isn’t due to Maytag/Whirlpool’s negligence.