Maytagwon't clean dishes!

B

I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Mar 19, 2012

Hello AmyCM, Rene Colon, starryduck, Bad-Maytag. We read your posts, and we are sorry to learn about the frustration you have all experienced with your dishwasher. If you need assistance, please contact us with your name, phone number, address, site that you were contacted on, and the full model and serial number of your dishwasher, and email it to [email protected], and we will look into the issue further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 27, 2013

Hello Rexnfx. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your dishwasher. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (Rexnfx), your phone number, your address, your ticket number (34372), the model and serial numbers, and email the requested information to [email protected] We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Amber.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Jul 03, 2013

Hi maria joseph. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We truly regret to learn of these concerns you’re experiencing regarding your washer. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at [email protected] and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name, and your ticket number (49886). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Thank you, Amber.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 09, 2014

Hello Todd. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Compliants Board), your user ID name (Tood W Underhill), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and ticket number (143313) to [email protected] Please be sure to include all of the information so we can get back to you in a timely manner. We will be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie

• Updated by Wp2008 · Aug 08, 2016

Hello vern thiel. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Whirlpool. We truly apologize for the frustrations you have experienced with your washer. Based on the personal information you provided, I was able to locate a file in our system records and will be contacting you soon to discuss this matter further. Best regards, Amber.

• Be
    Becky Brewer Aug 08, 2016

I bought a maytag neptune clothes dryer for nearly $1000. In less than 5 years the stainless steel drum started separating at the seam. Now there is a huge gap that clothes get caught on. Now when the timer counts down and gets to 1 instead of going off it continues to run. If you do not get the clothes out immediately they get so hot that when you open the door it sets off the smoke alarm. The appliance repair man said it would cost between $400 to $500. When I contacted Maytag to see if they would give me a discount on the parts they said be a use of the poor economy the would not help. I will NEVER buy any Maytag products again and would never recommend their products!!!

• Bi
    bill karol Aug 08, 2016

bought a $1800.00 oven ts series three years ago...now I know that Maytag did not make the oven igniter switch...but boys you better start buying from a better manufacturer. Parts plus labor $200.00.
    It sure does put a black eye on your company when you pay that much for an appliance and fork out more $$$ for inferior parts. Needless to say I am a little disappointed.

• Ve
    vern thiel Aug 08, 2016

call maytag and knowbody knows about the sensor problem at least angie doesn't and it's on the net need help

• Pa
    Patricia Aug 08, 2016

Refused to send a repairman until a week after Washer broke. Man came, no tools, did not know how to get front of washer off. Said needed new tub, is leaking. Mumbled, had trouble understanding him. Said would have to order parts. Another week, not fixed, so called, the man ans so RUDE and confused me. Said my fault as I had not called to say the part was in, and I said must be some mistake, this is Extended Warranty, why was I responsible for the part. Said UPS would bring part to my house and I was to pick up the part and carry it into the house. I am 73 yr old, just had surgery on shoulder, cannot pick up the tub. UPS did deliver, at the end of my 1/2 mile lane on county road. I called told them where the washer was located. Several days later, another man came, said to me, after I had been paying all that money to Maytag Extended Warranty, that A & E would not put in tub, so he picked up new tub and left with it. I am here, stranded, cannot go to laundry place, I spent hundreds of dollars on Extended Warranty, and I have laundry piling up, cannot drive due to surgery, cannot lift anything, cannot do laundry. I wasted hundreds of dollars of money for service they so RUDE in denying/

• Mi
    michelenorm Aug 08, 2016

I bought a washer and dryer four years ago, Maytag Neptune. I have had nothing but problems with these since I bought them. The washer has been serviced three times since I have had it for motor problems it has actually been replaced twice...once a toothpick seized it up...The dryer takes forever and now the belt keeps slipping off and the pulley in the back acutally got so hot it burnt off!!! That is not safe!!! It's a plastic pulley that's on the tensioner bar...How does it get so hot that it melted off inside my dryer...That is a fire hazard and of course can't get anyone on the phone that knows what to do...any suggestions would be helpful please.

Marie S Aug 08, 2016

I purchased a maytag neptune several years ago. I have had nothing but
    problems. When the repair man came to repair it he said I had just missed
    the time frame for the lawsuit against Maytag. Well in fact I had not. But by
    the time I found this out, then it was to late. I had always wanted a
    Maytag because of the dependability, but I will never buy another one. They
    had to replace the motor in it last year. Thank goodness it was still under
    warranty. Now the door lock will not work, so therefore it cannot spin. I am
    not sure if it is worth the salvage or not. Problem is right now I cannot
    afford to go out and purchase another washer and dryer.

• Ca
    Carmen Mitchell Aug 08, 2016

I purchased a Maytag refrigerator in September 2005 along with an extended warranty serviced by GE Protection. My refrigerator failed in August 2007. Since then it has failed 4 more times. GE is refusing to replace the unit stating that their contract reads the same part must fail 3 times within a 12 month period. Each time they come out they replace a different part. They insist on using A & E Appliance repair and won't allow me to pick someone else. A & E does not give me a service ticket to prove they were called out and when I asked them to give me the records they say they can't. I want my refrigerator replaced, I paid more than $2, 000 for it and it should last more than 18 months. Do I have any recourse?

• Ro
    roddy Aug 08, 2016

Why would you think that..Whirlpool quality is next to nothing compared to what Maytag's was. Whirlpool uses even cheaper made items..

Maytag Aug 08, 2016

February 26,2008
    Original appointment schedules for Feb 26,2008 between 8:00am-12:00pm. Called at 10:ooam for status and was told that the repairman was on call # 3 in the 94403 area. My job is his next one. I called again at 12:15 and received the same status of being # 3 in the 94403 area and no estimation of when the repairman will be coming. The manager Niki at [protected] sent off two text messages to have the repairman call me within 15 minutes.
    Still waiting for call.......it is now 1:05pm.

• Hr
    hresto Aug 08, 2016

Just purchased (1 day) and the ice maker stopped turning the auger. I suspect that the ice sometimes catches on the dispenser orifice and prevents the auger from turning which caused too much strain on motor and burns it out. Will wait and see what the warranty technician says. I have a bad feeling about this fridge. Had a Maytag washer which also turned out to be lemon. Had to replace a resistor with higher capacity since all the replacement boards kept coming with the same under powered resistor. I though Maytag would raised its quality now that they are merged with Whirlpool.

• SearsCare Aug 08, 2016

Dear Mr. Ferguson:

I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you. We are also sorry for the delay in finding and responding to this post.
    My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to be of assistance to you. Since you have already provided your email address, I will forward your information over to the A&E Cares group to have them contact you directly.

Susan R.
    A&E Solutions Team
    A&E Cares

David S Ferguson Aug 08, 2016

When we had our Dishwasher service due to recall the door didnt close right and upon further investigation we found screws left out. Now were afraid to use this machine do to the screws being left out. This is not professional we need this addressed as soon as possible and maybe Maytag needs to know the quality of service that you are servicing there brands. My wife and I work untill 4:00 each day Monday thru Friday you can reach us at the number provided or you can email me at [email protected] We appreciate a quick response to this issue since it was your technicians negligence.

• Ro
    Rob Legagneur Aug 08, 2016

A&E Factory Service is AWFUL. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. The Technician came late. This caused both my wife and I to miss a day of work. When the Tech came, looked at the washer, and said the motor needs to be replaced. He said he had one in the truck. When he returned, he told me it would cost $331.24. I signed a paper agreeing to pay it. Once he took the motor out of the box, it was broken. He said he didn't have another one and it would have to be ordered. He then said he needed payment. "For What?" I asked. He said I had to pay for the motor. Now tell me: Why should I pay for a part that's not working?!? He explained it's A&E's policy for the customer to pay for parts. I don't have a problem with that, provided the part is working!!! He then told me the part would be delivered to my home (big deal!), and it would take two weeks before another service could be scheduled. To recap: My wife and I miss a day of work waiting for a Tech to come late within a FOUR HOUR WINDOW, when the Tech finally arrives, he has a replacement part that's broken, and yet still expects to get paid for a "service" that wasn't performed??? How does your company stay in business?

• Ks
    ksmith717 Aug 08, 2016

Don't purchase appliances if you are doing a kitchen remodel too far in advance. The warranty starts at the time of purchase. I bought a Maytag microwave and had it installed 6 weeks later. It died on Thanksgiving heating up some food. I called the service dept and waited 20 minutes to speak to someone. I was told that I could buy a service plus package for 2 years and pay $299 + tax and have it repaired. I yelled... I paid $300 for the microwave 13 months ago! Don't buy Maytag! It is not the same company as we remember the old Maytag repairman! Whirlpool makes the products now and this is the second problem I have had with my new appliances. My oven door fell open on my dog in the summer ( still under warranty) and the service told me that there was no spring on one side of the oven door. Send the extra $$ on quality... don't use store credit cards.. I wish I paid with my AMEX

• Le
    Leita Jul 26, 2016

I have had 2 different repairmen out and they said my washer cannot be fixed. It will not spin all the water out of my clothes. Even after sending back thru the spin cycle several extra times they still come out too wet to put in the dryer. What can be done? Any recalls for this problem?

Susan Sibole Truitt Jul 05, 2016

13 months after purchasing my stainless steel drum may tag dishwasher, which I loved, the control panel stops working! Warranty gone! We pull the panel off and find melted wires from control board!
    I have researched this on the Net and find numerous complaints about the same dishwasher and it happens within a year of purchasing it. $400 to fix!

Susan Phillippe Jun 17, 2016

NO BRAVO for MAYTAG! This washing machine was fixed under warranty during the first year we had it. It makes loud grinding and rattling noises. This probem has now recurred over 3 more periods of time and is less than 2 years old. I contacted Maytag and the refused to cover the cost of fixing the same thing that was wrong with it when under warranty. It is my problem now. I think if Maytag is selling washing machines that can't properly do the job then I as a customer am being ripped off. Obviously there is something wrong about how the machine is built. To add insult to injury they tried to sell me a further product that I can get locally.

• Re
    repair guy2 Jun 08, 2016

First of all can you provide the model and serial numbers. As for the burners they should be able to make a simple adjustment through the center of stem on the gas control for the top burners. As for the oven if it is a digital oven control, most of these you can not calibrate. If you want to check your oven thermometer against a store bought one don't, they are only for a guide and nothing more. As for Maytag, ask to speak with someone else if you are not satisfied with the answers that you are getting. I have been in the service industry of gas appliances for many years and have yet been unable to correct or explain the operation of any appliance that a customer was unhappy with.

Good Luck

• Re
    repair guy2 Jun 08, 2016

Sorry I didn't lock at the date first, hope you got things resolved.

• Ge
    Geraldine Pratt Jun 08, 2016

I purchased a Maytag Gas Range in May of 2007 and it has yet to work properly. It is not calibrated properly, it heats up 25 degrees higher than whatever temperature you set it for, the burners will not go to a low setting either. When it was under warrenty they came out and could not repair it. I now have an extended warrenty with GE, what a mistake that was... they have been out 5 times and have not fixed it yet. Now they are claiming that after this next service call they will not come back out.

I called Maytag to let them know the problems I was having with their product and they did not care since I was not under their warrenty any longer.

Can anyone help?

• Sh
    Sharri Levine Boyett Jan 08, 2016

Maytag Quiet Series 300 - totally inferior. Home Depot please see all these negative comments and discontinue. I wish there was a class action complaint system - we should all get the credit for another dishwasher. Waste of money - THEFT basically. Couldn't be more unhappy with this product.

Susan Kay Sep 28, 2015

We have had the same issues almost bought a new one until we tried oxy dishwasher detergent. Last ditch effort and it worked! Over time ( one bottle) it even took our well water scale off and this dishes have never been so clean! I am a believer in this stuff. I don't even use the rinse agent anymore. You only have to fill the main cup half full and that's it. Sadly now our door latch broke.

Novsix Sep 12, 2015

I have the noise problem that I will address very soon. Previously on the "Quiet 300" dishwasher which is now about 4 years old, I have replaced the door gasket, handle(easy job), circuit board and wiring (twice). It is a poorly engineered machine and I have had it with it. I will move on to a new machine now and hope for better luck. It seems that most of those available have "issues". I don't know what happened to American quality control, but it went out the window some time ago. I am over 70 and in the last 5 years have replaced my fridge (twice);stove (twice) as both were unrepairable. Washer and dryers used to last 10 plus years, now lucky if you get 5. Oh, and they used to clean clothes now they just make the dirt wet and dry it in!
    Dish washer is no good, but not that hard to work on. A good set of Torx drivers is mandatory and some patience. Good luck everyone. Get my age you figure the next appliance you buy probably be your last! Not any more, I am out living all of them.

• Im
    Imitch Jan 09, 2015

Wow, I thought I was nuts. We rented this house, this is our second used dishwasher from our cheap landlord. Found out it is being recalled. It was ok first 2 times cycle but after that it's been driving me nuts as I have to wipe everything down with paper towel after it is being "cleaned". It is ridicuouls. Please check this: https://repair.maytag.com/prjjck10/default.jsp
    In any past places we live with used dishwasher, we never see this kind of piece of ### dishwasher that didn't clean our dishes. Even after we raise the rinse aid level, I did read the online manual a couple days ago, I thought since the rinse aid never get dispensed (Usually I had to refill every so often, but this dishwasher's rinse aid is full all the time, so basically never being dispensed), nope... nothing changed!
    Maytag, maybe you need to consider to not make anymore dishwasher! Thanks!

• We
    Wendy2014 Dec 18, 2014

Oh my word. I have been complaining about this dishwasher for the last 2 years now. It does not clean, leaves food in cups and on dishes. It is soo gross. I can't believe the money wasted on electricity, water, and detergent. It really makes me angry.

• Ra
    Ramsey96 Dec 07, 2014

The Maytag quit series 300 is the worst "Dish Washer" ever. The engineering design is very poor and manufacture material cannot be any cheaper. The latch broke right after the warranty had expired in addition to other parts including a thin plastic gear. The replacement part was made of aluminum. Why couldn't the original design be rugged?. ### builds up right at the bottom of the door. I sanitize it at least twice a month. I will never buy anything manufactured by Maytag. Now both, top and bottom racks need replacement. I refuse to spend another dollar on this thing and started researching a better replacement. The sad thing, is that I also bought a Maytag oven at the same time. Long story short my experience with it is extremely unpleasant and now I have to shop for both appliances. I would attach photos but I feel I already wasted enough time writing this complaint. I DO NOT RECOMMEND MAYTAG BRAND FOR ANY APPLIANCE.

• Li
    LilyLoo Nov 07, 2014

We bought our series 300 about 5+ years ago and other than it is a bit noisy, have had relatively no issues with it. Yes, sometimes the dishes don't come out as clean as I'd like but I find that if I keep the spray ports clean and once in a while run it on a short cycle with either vinegar or baking soda and no dishes the interior remains clean and doesn't hold any odors. I have also a few times removed the rubber 'ring' around the door and cleaned it and in behind. I have also determined what dishes are better cleaned at specific areas of the dishwasher - I'm not sure why but it's working for me. I have yet to remove the cover at the bottom to check to see if debris is stuck in there. To be honest it hadn't occurred to me but now I'm wondering... The issue we're facing now seems to be the same as those listed here - the handle has broken and pretty much at the same time, the control panel went. I have a handy husband so I'll order a new panel and handle and hopefully we'll get another 5 years out of it. I don't know that I'd buy another Maytag dishwasher - we had far more issues with our Maytag fridge than with our dishwasher. I think when I'm in the market again, I'd like something with fewer "choices". The good old days of ON, OFF and POTSCRUBBER seem to be a thing of the past.

• Li
    LindaP602 Oct 23, 2014

I have owned the Maytag QuietSeries 300 for 7 years. It has been a workhorse for me and I cram that thing as full as I can get it. Dishes always have come out sparkling clean, glassware crystal clear, until last week. Suddenly the dishes weren't clean. Back ones not too bad but front and upper level were greasy, had food particles on them. The dishwasher sounded different, groaning noises instead of its usual swish, swish sound. I read through pages of this forum, armed with ideas I started checking. I removed the racks, gaskets at the back looked good. I started a cycle, then opened the door after the wash started. I noticed that the floor of the washer wasn't even covered with water. Water level should be at the base of the float. I have learned (through years of life experience) to check the simple things first, so I checked the hot water shut-off and discovered that it was only partially open. We had been doing some work under the sink recently so it must have gotten turned. I opened it fully and repeated the above..washer was filled completely and was making its usual happy swish, swish sounds.

I am assuming that unlike many other models that shut off the water only when the float is elevated, this particular washer has a set time interval for the fill and will stop filling before the correct water level is obtained if the time interval ends. This would be problematic for houses with low water pressure. This short fill could also occur if the solenoid filter screen is clogged.

In the 7 years that I have owned this washer I have had no repairs, one safety recall service. I live in Phoenix where we have extremely hard water. I HIGHLY recommend using Ecover powdered detergent available at iherb.com, Amazon, or at some local natural food stores. It is worth its weight in gold. My washer has no hard water deposits and is just as clean and sparkling as the dishes it cleans.

Daniel E J Sep 18, 2014

We purchased a Maytag washer Centennial from Lowe's and in the first week we had a complaint that it would not fill properly and tore clothes. Here we are 1.5 years later and still have the same complaints with 26 brand new towels torn to shredds, not to mention our clothing. Recommendation: Do Not Buy Maytag or from Lowe's

• 10
    10Sis MyRacket Jun 24, 2014

Wow, just found this site and am amazed by the number of issues associated with this dishwasher. I bought ours from Home Depot in Alexandria in late 2008 based on positive HD website reviews, and none of our tenants have complained of problems until now. Apparently, the control panel lights are blinking erratically, but the dishwasher will still work only on a general setting. I suppose I should feel lucky ours has lasted five years. I'll definitely have to use this complaintsboard site to research the GE model I'm about to buy as a replacement.

• Po
    PoteauPets May 14, 2014

My Maytag Ice20 has started leaving puddles of water on my floor. I have cleaned & defrosted it, which seemed to help for about a week. Now it's doing it all over again. So, for the past several months, we manually defrost it every other week AND must keep a towel folded up on the floor to sop up the floor when it decides to "pee" again. The towel has to span the entire front of this frig because you never know which side the puddle will be on. Sometimes it's BOTH SIDES at the same time. BUYERS BEWARE !!!

• Tb
    tbits Apr 30, 2014

I have had my QS300 for about 7 or 8 years now, and it's gone downhill fast. The electronic push button panel at the front stopped working about 4 years ago, so I can start it, but I can't change what mode it's on. Now it's stuck on the lightest mode (other than the 9 minute rinse cycle) and I can't do anything about it. The display comes and goes intermittently, although it has been working lately. Lately I've noticed that dishes in the top rack don't come clean anymore. The door latch broke maybe 2 years ago, the roller on the right side of the top rack broke so now you have to lift it back into place, and I already had to have it repaired once for $70 because of a loud grinding noise. Apparently there was a small Tupperware lid caught in the mechanism that grinds the food. I was about to call a repairman to have all of these issues fixed but after reading all these posts I've decided to cut my losses and buy one from Costco where they actually stand behind what they sell. I used to think Maytag was a good name, but definitely not anymore.

• Ds
    D Stamp Apr 11, 2014

We too have a Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher.It is not quiet. It does not wash dishes. It takes way too long to do nothing. It costs too much. It is not energy efficient. The only thing I like about it is the front panel.I wish I would have never bought it.I am sure Maytag will do nothing about all the complaints they have gotten.But then again maybe I'll get lucky if I let enough people know about this dishwasher.It is a disgrace to the Maytag name as I have always bought Maytag appliances.I hope people check reviews because there are so many negative ones about this dishwasher that surely they won't buy this one.

• We
    Wendy Harrell Jan 27, 2014

This is the worst refrigerator I've ever owned. The buttons on the front for water and ice have totally lost the printed words. When I called the Whirlpool service line and waited on hold twice for 15 minutes each to talk with customer service, they said it was a "cosmetic" issue and was not covered under warranty. After owning this marvel for 5 months, we now have to guess which button to push for water and which for ice. We also keep turning down the temperature for the freezer because our food in the refrigerator freezes. Nice! Frozen eggs and lettuce!

• Pe
    Peter G. Valrico, FL Dec 29, 2013

My initial experience & expectation came from my parents' 30+ year old clothes washer. That thing was built like an ARMY TANK & always got our clothes clean. In all that time, it only needed a new drive belt and timer. I truly believed the commercials in the 80's, based on that experience.
    When I married, my wife & I bought our new home, and we expected that same quality/durability from our newly purchased appliances. Imagine our shock when our Quiet Series 300 (joke name, right?) started to make excessive loud, grinding noises, didn't clean dishes, and even smelled badly when you opened it. After several repair calls, we are now ready to replace it (not with a Maytag).
    Our microwave and stove both needed new control boards soon after purchase, with the repairman taking weeks to fix them too. His explanation: "It's not your mother's Maytag". Wow, you don't say!
    The clothes washer needed a new magnetic drive controller, & it was cheaper to buy a new washer (again, not Maytag).
    I'm glad we waited to replace our original refrigerator instead of buying one with the other Maytags. We bought a Kenmore Elite, DESPITE the "more & better" touted features of the Maytag for the same price. We simply couldn't trust it with hundreds of dollars worth of food to potentially spoil.
    Maytag, you set the bar very high in the beginning. It's time you lived up to your hype again.

• La
    Larvas Nov 10, 2013

Good post amy02 and RobN, I decided to keep mine and work with it, I am the one who posted how to fix the groaning noise, well found a pdf on the web how to check all the controls like the soap dish, motor, waterpump, ect.. just by pushing a few buttons on the front panel. It has a Manual Function Test, Sales Floor Demo Mode, Diagnostic Tips and Field Service Test just for the QS 300 for 8 different models. My new problem is the upper rack is getting stuck, wont pull out as easy, was diagnoising the problem and the little wheels on the side have a plastic hub that is suppose to spin in the plastic wheel. There is a screw that usually breaks off the hub which tends to offset (throw it at an angle) the top rack. You can buy a new top rack for lots of cash or you can install Stainless steel screws, washers and hubs located at this website: http://www.downloadfreemanuals.com

• Di
    DIY Wife Sep 28, 2013

I've just taken my Maytag quiet series 300 apart in the bottom following a very helpful video on YouTube. But now when I have it put back together the lower spray arm won't turn all the way around without hitting the lower rack. Any ideas?

• Ac
    Ace Virginian Jul 05, 2013

WE have this problem on our Maytag lower rack wheels kept falling off. We had extended Service warranty from Lowes which did not help us any. Lowes gave us trouble. Two lessons: one do not buy any US brand Foreign made ****, buy Samsung or Bosch. Two, do not buy from a company that gives you trouble after selling you an extended service warranty. Which includes Lowes, Sears and Best Buy.
    Buy good product - do not buy Extended Service warranty it is a scam - the frustration from fighting these ### to get service will harden your arteries. Get parts and schematics from RepairClinic dot com. There may be local appliance parts supplies stores.

maria joseph Jul 01, 2013

I live on st.Croix virgin islands. I bought a may tag bravos energy saving HE washing machine from sears/Kmart store. I bought it in 2011, I have repaired that washer twice already and it"s not working now. I am very disappointed with the product. I spent a lot of money for it. The money I would pay to repair it is best if I bought a new one. What am I going to do with that washer it is brand new no scratches. I don't have little kids i am two only one who operates the washer. I am disappointed and pissed off.

DavyZ Jun 20, 2013

My wife and I specifically bought a Maytag washer (MVWC6ESWW1) Centennial model because we thought buying a Maytag would mean a washer that would not break down for years. Well, in less than two years it just stopped working--the water will not drain and all you hear is a buzz. No motion, no movement, nothing. I am disappointed in the product and I see that there are numerous complaints about the same issues! I cannot afford a repair person and I do not have time to troubleshoot the machine due to my job. My wife is having to do laundry at a relative's house which is somewhat embarrassing, especially when you make weekly trips there for nothing other than to use their washer. This is an unpleasant situation and I am wondering what can be done about it. Anyone satisfied with Maytag's customer service? I believe there is a charge for "help" they give you, correct? Either way, additional cash outlay on a relatively new machine is unacceptable. Davy