Maytag Whirlpoolpoor quality & terrible customer response

M

Beware MayTag - Whirlpool Products & Service...Based on our personal experience. Our MayTag Diswasher (Model MDB9750AWS) has rarely run more than several months without problems with the Control Board and/or Display Panel. Since whirlpool acquired MayTag, they will not share our repair history with us, or our (very dependable) service tech. Additionally, the warranty on parts has been reduced from one year to 9 months. For us...that means..."buy a new part, sucker!"

MayTag/Whirlpool has offered us a 10% mail-in rebate on a future purchase...and, we are going to write their Consumer Affairs Board.

We will keep you posted. Till then, buyer beware!

• Gw
    GWEN EDINGER Jan 13, 2011

WE BOUGHT A DUET STEAM FRONT LOAD CLOTHS WASHER.ONE YEAR AND ONE MNTH. IT WENT TITS UP, THE BARRING SO I HAD TO BUY THE EXTENDED WARR.BECAUSE THE PART IS 600.OO BUCKS, WHICH I GOOD NOT AFFORD EITHER SINCE MY HUSBAND IS A PERM.DISA.VET.SO WE DID GET THE WARR. SO NOW AGAIN IT IS MESS.UP AGAIN.JUST GOT IT FIXED.I WILL NOT GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!DOESNT IT SEEM ODD THAT IT WOULD PUKE AFTER SUCH A LITTLE X.I HAVE HAD OTHERS 2 SETS THAT ARE STILL GOING AND THEY AINT YOURS!!!