Menu
KitchenAid
reviews & complaints

KitchenAid
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

321 complaints
122 resolved 199 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of KitchenAid. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
C
10:59 am EDT

KitchenAid - New down draft range installation

All I want to do is speak with a knowledgeable person ab this range installation after removal of present range. Forget that! Getting a real person is impossible. And I doubt that one would be available in US anyway. Waited 6+ months for delivery then installer had no idea on how to modify fan and exhaust. I had to call contractor son who is extremely busy; but he has questions in order to make this new range exhaust system fit into present venting system without destroying flooring according to KAide diagrams.

Now if I can ever get someone in customer service...

4:46 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

bought a new kitchenaid dishwasher end of March. It leaves white lines all down inside and outside of glasses. Dishes are white so not sure if they are stripped or not. I have tried multiple settings on dishwasher and always same. Called Kitchenaid and they sent out someone to look at dishwasher and told me if not warranty problem then would cost me $ 80.00...

U
2:30 pm EDT

KitchenAid - New freezer component that went out within 3 months

We bought a Kitchen Aid french door refrigerator and within a year the freezer started making a continuous loud noise and the freezer was not defrosting at all. We called Kitchen Aid and they stated they would need to schedule an appointment with Lake Appliance since it was still under warranty this was in January of 2022. The appointment was made and we had to pay the service call up front to Lake Appliance and then the day before our scheduled appointment we were cancelled and put off for another two weeks, in which they called the morning of the new appointment 2/9/2022 to cancel again, but the tech told them he was keeping the appointment. He came out and ordered the parts needed and then came back on 2/24/2022 and put the parts into the freezer. The freezer was working fine until May 1, 2022 and the same noise came back and the freezer was doing the same thing not defrosting. Called Kitchen Aid again, appointment scheduled, again had to pay for the service fee. The new part wasn't even at least 3 months old. We are told now we are to pay for the new part and the labor which is about $750, since the refrigerator is out of warranty. The part should still be under warranty and the labor should still be under the 90 days. We have contacted Kitchen Aid with no satisfaction. We are trying to be patient but have not heard back from Lake Appliance since the second time they came out on 5/24/2022. We have called and emailed but no one is calling us back. We are without a refrigerator now and no one wants to help resolve the issue unless we pay the $750 not knowing if this issue will happen again. The model #KRMF706EBS Serial #KX1011552 The part is the evap fan motor kit Bi-metal/thermistor sensor. We hope we can get this resolved since the refrigeratior was over $4000. Thank you, Fran and Scott

Desired outcome: We would like this fixed and paid for by Kitchen Aid if not then a new refrigerator replacement

11:33 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased a Kitchenaid Microwave/Convention oven in early 2021 and it was installed on March 15, 2021. We purchased an extended warranty through what we believed to be Kitchenaid, however it was passed along through AIG Warranty Guard. We had our first mechanical issue on April 4th. The service provider was Advanced Appliance that services Kitchenaid...

P
5:57 pm EDT

KitchenAid - Refrigerator

I bought a new Kitchenaid 5 door refrigerator model KRMF706ESS from Home Depot in Covington, Georgia on April 9, 2022 and I still do not have a properly working ice maker. As of this date 5-19-22, I have had 4 service calls and am scheduled for another call next week with another repair company. And now the led lights on two shelves are not working.

Desired outcome: Properly working ice maker and led lights that don't flicker.

May 19, 2022 11:46 pm EDT

Wow! That's a really nice fridge. It's somewhat difficult to get you hands on.

Unfortunately, without knowing what is taking place on each service can, it's difficult to know exactly why the delays are occurring. Parts have been difficult to come by since the beginning of the pandemic.

Keep the faith. It's well worth it.

11:16 pm EDT

KitchenAid - Dishwasher

Bought a KitchenAid dishwasher for my 88 year mother with cancer, it worked 3 weeks, which is like 3 times for her. Service man has been out 3 times, 2 different problems, and this last one is that it needs a new tub which is on back order. I have talked to everyone about replacing it but they will not do it, all they say is it’s warranty work. Things should last longer than 3 weeks. So for now my 88 year old mom with cancer has to wash her dishes or someone has to go out to do them for her. Will never buy KitchenAid again. Dishwasher bad but customer service is worse!

Desired outcome: Replace her dishwasher or refund so she can get one that works

3 comments
May 06, 2022 1:13 pm EDT

Totally agree with your assessment of the quality and customer service. KitchenAid is another once great brand that has been obtained and destroyed by the Whirlpool Corporation.

Claiming parts unavailability is a cop-out, if they have parts to make new products with to sell, they have parts that they could use to repair the defective products they sell. It's just not profitable for them to provide warranty service.

Read your warranty, and if the Whirlpool Corp. refuses to meet their terms, take the matter to the BBB, and then the MI Attny. Gen. if necessary.

May 04, 2022 6:27 am EDT

KitchenAid is another decent brand that Whirlpool has bought out and seems to be in the process of destroying, even as they have destroyed once great American brands such as Maytag and their own brand.

If Whirlpool refuses to fix it in a reasonable time, file a report with the BBB, Whirlpool does listen to them (I know from experience). You can also file a report with the Michigan Attorney General.

If new machines are available, then parts are available, after all, parts are what new machines are made from. So to say parts are unavailable is a cop-out. It's just that Whirlpool is more eager to sell their products because that's where the money is, they don't make money from servicing their defective products under warranty.

May 03, 2022 1:56 pm EDT

Hi Shari.

I'd love to assist.

Kitchenaid has a strong presence in the dishwasher industry. They are absolutely considered one of the very top brands.

Which model did you select for her? It's likely a model with the numbers 104, 204, 404 etc in the description.

Because of the pandemic, many manufacturers have had a difficulty providing parts — KitchenAid is no different.

Whereas parts are currently unavailable, retailers can gladly exchange the unit within certain time-frames. They can simply apply for an RA (return authorization) from the manufacturer. Did you, by any chance, purchase the additional warranty coverage through them?

Look forward to hearing from you.

2:35 pm EDT

KitchenAid - Multi door refrigerator

I'm writing this in reference to my Kitchen Aid multi door platinum interior black stainless refrigerator KA-KRMF706EBS. This item was purchased in May 2018 from Appliances on Lakeside located in Henrico Va.

I called Boughton Appliance on Lakeside located in Henrico Va on 9/20/21 for the ice maker not making ice and to replace freezer seal. OK long story short... techs came out 3 times finally replaced seal but did not repair/replace ice maker... I was told that a part/circuit board had to be ordered and was ordered at that time 11/21...

On 2/3/22 I (myself) called Software to inquire about my needed part left messages and sent emails...

Finally 3/22 got a message back from Software part was ordered... and here it is last day of March no part and no one knows anything!

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a response, a repair, a replacement.

Mar 31, 2022 3:49 pm EDT

Hi Ms Garner.

You have good taste. That's a wonderful fridge.

The entire market is having problems with part availability, ultimately a reflection of the Covid aftermath.

I know it's difficult but patients is almost a necessity during these trying times. It's definitely worth the wait.

Z
11:53 am EDT

KitchenAid - built-in microwave KMCS3022GSS

The magnetron failed on this 2.5 year-old built-in microwave. There is no replacement part for this unit. KitchenAid will not replace the unit unless it is within the warranty period, which my unit was not. I do not think it is acceptable for a very expensive piece of kitchen equipment to fail in under 3 years with no resolution other than replacement at the consumer's cost.

Desired outcome: I want a new microwave and installation paid for by KitchenAid. They don't make a replacement part and the product failed 2.5 years after it was manufactured.

Mar 31, 2022 3:58 pm EDT

I can hopefully be of some help.

First, contact the retailer that you purchased the unit through. Many offer additional service packages that will take responsibility for the service or replacement of the microwave.

Also, it's worth checking with local service centers. Knowing the needed part, many have access to new old stock (NOS) that can be used to service the unit.

Hopefully that helps.

12:19 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

KitchenAid - 7.1 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel

On 2//7/21, we purchased a KitchenAid 7.1 cu. ft. Slide-In Electric Range with Self-Cleaning Convection Oven in Stainless Steel from Home Depot, Store SKU # 1001294858, Internet # 205902885, Model # KSEB900ESS. On 3/16/22, the stove alarm went off. Allstate warranty decided to reimburse cost of stove only $2,699.00, ignoring haul away fee, power cord, extended warranty and sales tax, total $478.96. We now have to buy a new stove and eat $478.96 FOR ONE YEAR's USE OF YOUR STOVE. WE ARE SERIOUSLY INCONVENIENCED AND ANNOYED WITH KITCHENAID

Note: Our 2 documents are "unsupported format" and won't upload to your form, but can be sent to an email address.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement of $478.96

5 comments
Mar 24, 2022 11:54 pm EDT

Hi Mr Finigan.

I can appreciate your frustration. KitchenAid makes some great ranges and is good choice for many consumers. As it turns out, purchasing the additional warranty coverage was also smart, in this case. Even the best products can have problems, as this experience can surely prove.

I wouldn't hesitate replacing it with another KitchenAid. They have a unique look you may prefer. That particular model is extremely well made; unfortunately you just ran into a problem.

Mar 25, 2022 2:03 am EDT

I fail to see how telling people not to hesitate to purchase the same brand that has let them down so badly, and that research will show you is owned by a corporation (Whirlpool) that has in recent years proven to fail in quality and service, is being helpful.

Again why are you shilling for the appliance industry, particularly Whirlpool?

Mar 25, 2022 6:22 pm EDT
Replying to comment of JeffD888

I appreciate the question Jeff.

Which brand would you recommend?

Mar 25, 2022 8:12 pm EDT

As I just said elsewhere, when the Maytag washer was trashed I did my research and got a Speed Queen. If had to get a new range I would likewise do my research.

Even if there was no decent brand of range left, whatever I got, I wouldn't run around telling everyone what a great and fantastic product it is and how well it's made. The Whirlpool Corp. in particular has shown itself to be a very untrustworthy organization.

Why do you continue to promote inferior brands?

Mar 26, 2022 5:34 pm EDT
Replying to comment of JeffD888

I appreciate your reply Jeff.

So you recommend Speed Queen?

Speed Queen - speed queen commercial heavy duty model awn432sp113tw04

I have been helping with laundry since I was about 6 years old. In basement over a burner in boiling water, in a bathtub, using a wringer wash machine. several apartments, and our three homes. The latest being the Speed Queen. Liked the stainless steel tub. Unfortunately it has been a disaster as it doesn't spin the clothes out worth a darn. It has left water standing in the tub at the bottom, and I can sometimes wring water out of clothing. We have had repair people here several times and parts have been replaced. But problem still exists. I do not overload the machine ever. I've been told not to use liquid softner or sheets. I'm sure they must have been kidding. It's nice to know it's energy efficient. The problem is we often put it through another spin cycle and need to then dry the clothes through 2 or 3 dryer cycles. Not so energy conservative. It was purchased in 2018 and I've given up that it is ever going to work properly. I would like to get money back for this horrible machine.

Desired outcome: money back

Speed Queen - Speed queen washer

Purchased new in november 2020 have had multiple service calls with the last resulting in it not being able to be repaired.

Fried pump over and over now won't do anything. Need it gone and a new one now!

complaint has been filed days ago with no resolution'

serial [protected]

model tc5000wn

paid way to much for way to little

going to to bbb and attorney general if no new washer at my house tomorrow. End of it.

Desired outcome: NEW MACHINE BETTER

Speed Queen - Horrible Washing Machine

Purchased a washing machine in September 2020. Upon the first use, the machine made this horrible annoying knocking noise. It is now February 2021 and after multiple service calls, we still have this machine with it's horrible annoying knocking noise! A local technician was just here yet again today, and was even on the phone with Speed Queen for over an hour trying to get help to repair it, and still nothing. No one seems to no what is causing the noise, or how to fix it. Wouldn't it make sense to replace the machine? Perhaps it's defective? Or am I just suppose to take multiple more days off work to accomodate technicians until they get it fixed?

Desired outcome: Replacement Machine

=-=-=-=-=

I purchased 6 Speed Queen appliances (3 washing machines, 3 dryers) in May and June of 2019 from ABT Electronics, 1200 Milwaukee, Glenview IL. My complaint is with Speed Queen, not with ABT. 4 of the appliances were delivered to 412 Pleasant Street in Beloit, WI and the remaining 2 appliances were delivered to 5056 W. Winnemac in Chicago IL. The appliances in WI serviced 6 apartments and the appliances in IL serviced 3 apartments.

In just a little over a year 2 of the 3 dryers lost their power knobs. The parts that fell off were under warranty, but the labor to reinstall replacements was not. I am very disappointed with the fact that 2 out of the 3 dryers needed to be repaired in such a short period of time.

I called the Customer Relations number listed for Speed Queen (Alliance) and was twice disconnected. I subsequently called Alliance directly and when I spoke to a gentleman in the department for "Dryer Maintenance" he told me that he had never received my complaint before, and my tenants must have been extremely hard on the new appliances. The appliances I provided were for two separate, smaller unit properties in two different states. My tenants were not the problem with the dryers, the problem was with the appliances.

I am extremely disappointed not only with the fact that I had to repair the appliances so quickly, but with the attitude and reaction of the gentleman to whom I reported my issue. His attitude in short was...the problem can't be here, it must be you.

I won't be recommending Speed Queen in the future to any of my friends, or colleagues.

Sincerely,

Amy Arnold

[protected]

[protected]@kamberos.com

Tanja Sutton of US

Review updated: Aug 13, 2021

Featured review

I purchased Speed Queen front load washer and the companion driver with electronic panels in November 2015. I have had some performance concerns with both the washer and dryer that have not been adequately addressed but what is most disturbing is that the door on the washer fell off its plastic hinge and it's not covered under warranty. I had to pay $250 to replace the plastic hinge. For a company that claims that their products are built to last "25 years" and charges more than double their competitors is a huge shame. We used to have a front loading machine and drier for 11 years with only one repair.

=-=-=-=-=

There are a bunch more complaints, and that's just on this actual site. I'm sure you get the idea. Surely you, of anyone, wouldn't dare promote which is also such an inferior product — would you?

C
12:57 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have purchased all my kitchen appliances (cooktops, double ovens, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators) from KitchenAid since 1990. I have loved all of them and other than ice makers, never had any problems. I purchased a French door counter depth refrigerator in 2017. The ice maker failed repeatedly, all parts were replaced over time and finally an...

7:50 pm EST

KitchenAid - Refrigerator model KRFF507HBS

This refigerator has been the absolute worst appliance i've ever owned in my life. I have had nothing but issues since day 1 (ice maker multiple times, the lights go off in the uni, and has stopped cooling on me multiple time). The last time they couldn't fix it for 6 months. I have 2 small children at home and had to buy a backup fridge while they fixed it. And weeks after they finally "fixed it (6 visits, 3 compressors and other parts) it stopped cooling again! The worst part about this is that I own all kitchenaid appliances and never had any major issues expect for this lemon of a fridge. They will not replace for me or refund and keep giving me the run around. I expected much more from such a big company that I have spent over $10k with in the last few years.

Desired outcome: Replace or reimburse

2 comments
Mar 11, 2022 10:31 pm EST

Hi Aroh.

I'm sorry to hear of your issues. I can sure appreciate your frustration and would like to assist.

There's some information that has been omitted. If you'd answer a couple of questions, it would be appreciated. When was the fridge purchased? When was the last service performed?

Mar 25, 2022 6:19 pm EDT
Replying to comment of

Very good.

Whereas you've got an appointment, it sounds as if you're getting the issue handled. This service should be covered and based upon the service from two weeks ago.

Please keep us informed.

5:59 pm EST

KitchenAid - Refrigerator

We bought a kitchen aid package 5 years ago and one year in the refrigerator died, after 4 months it was replaced after a series of repair tries. Since then the stove and oven have suffered problems and our fridge that is less than 4 years old has once again died. We are so disappointed, never again will we buy kitchen aid or any whirlpool appliance. This is disgraceful!

Desired outcome: Resolution, compensation or replacement

Mar 08, 2022 10:33 pm EST

Hi Ms. Steele.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your frustration. This is not something you would expect from Whirlpool family appliances.

The fact that you've had two fridges give you problems within relatively short periods of time indicates a potential external problem. Make sure the fridge is receiving ample breathing room. Without doing so, you could be unknowingly suffocating the sealed system.

1:11 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

KitchenAid refrigerator Model KRFC704FBS03, Serial # KX2916457 Purchased on 9/20/2020. Installed in my home mid November of that year, when my remodel was complete. Noticed a few weeks ago that items didn’t seem as cold as they should be, so I put a digital thermometer inside and the temperature hovered in the mid 50’s. Called a repairman, he took all...

5:37 pm EST

KitchenAid - Dishwasher

I purchased a new dish that turns out leaking and the company has been unable to fix it for 6 months. The technician came yesterday and carried a defective part and suggested me to call Kitchenaid and ask for replacement. It’s been 6 months on something new! Haven’t used it one day! How much patience does a customer need to have? Kitchenaid keeps denying my claim to a new replacement. They just won’t listen. They won’t answer why should I not receive a replacement? Who is responsible for all the stress this is causing to my family?‬

Nobody at Kitchenaid wants to answer my questions. Unfortunately seems like a company that doesn’t care about polite customers or there’s something else. Not uncommon for companies to treat people of color this way.

I reached out to them on social media and they don’t want to answer. I’m amazed how and why they are doing this.

Desired outcome: Immediate repair in a week or replacement

Feb 26, 2022 11:42 pm EST

Hi SGupta.

I'd by happy to assist.

In order to facilitate a replacement, have you communicated to the retailer you purchased the unit through?

11:17 am EST

KitchenAid - Kitchenaid Refrigerator

We have had several incidents over the past year of our KRMF706ESS01 stopping working. The freezer stops thawing, and the refrigerator goes off and keeps claiming there's a power outage and beeping. Sometimes it comes back on sometimes it doesn't.

We've had a repair person come and they say because it's an erratic problem they can't do anything about it, because it appears to be working fine when they come TWO TO FOUR WEEKS LATER.

The warrantee people say there's nothing else we can do unless the thing isn't working when the repair people get here.

What a scam!

Desired outcome: We want to be reimbursed for this refrigerator and have them take it away! I will never buy another kitchenaid.

2 comments
U
Jun 14, 2022 7:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

We have the same issue and KitchenAid does not want to help. Did you get your problem resolved?

Feb 28, 2022 12:13 am EST

Those intermittent problems are the most difficult.

Your problem reflects problematic power. I might suggest trying an active line conditioner be used.

10:35 pm EST

KitchenAid - Refrigerator

Four years ago we purchased five kitchenaid appliances for our kitchen remodel. Since then, three of the five appliances have had issues, one requiring a complete replacement and the refrigerator most recently going out.

This week the freezer on the refrigerator stopped cooling and was making a horrible noise. We called a repair company, and the diagnostic is that the circuit board went out causing a build up of ice and subsequently causing the thermostat to go out. We were told that in no way should an appliance this new have to have a circuit board replacement, and the repair company suggested we contact kitchenaid to see if there was anything they would do to help us.

I called kitchenaid today, and the manager said they are bound by a one year warranty and there is nothing they can do at all. There was absolutely no willingness to help.

The repair is quoted at $1100+ not even including the hundreds of dollars of food and meat we had to throw out. We spent tens of thousands of dollars on kitchenaid appliances thinking that we were purchasing quality and reliable appliances only to have to purchase a new refrigerator 4 years later. The average lifespan of a refrigerator is supposed to be 14-17 years. To say we are disappointed in kitchenaid is an understatement. After further research, it appears as though faulty circuit boards are an issue with specific models, and kitchenaid is aware of this problem.

Plus, four months ago we had to completely replace our kitchenaid microwave, as it started to literally blow up anything we put in there. That was another $800 on a new microwave plus $800 on the original microwave that barely made it 4 years.

Desired outcome: I would like kitchenaid to supply all replacement parts needed for the repair free of charge and have a qualified service technician install them free of charge.

Feb 28, 2022 12:33 am EST

I know it may not be what you want to hear but Whirlpool makes a great line of appliances under the KitchenAid brand. You were not wrong in selecting Kitchenaid branded appliances.

There was a day when one might expect twenty to thirty years or of a refrigerator; that was when compressors were built considerably larger. They'd use more energy but have longer lifespans. They're now more energy efficient but don't have near the longevity. The average is actually somewhere between seven to ten years.

Thankfully you'll find many retailers offer extended service programs that are well backed and relatively inexpensive. Before doing anything further, contact your retailer. You may be surprised to find out you're not out a thing. A good retailer isn't there to just sell you the item but help you in this actual circumstance.

9:44 am EST

KitchenAid - Kitchenaid Gas Stove Model #KFGD500ESS04

Purchased from The Home Depot in 2018 and professionally installed. Only 3 years later the ovens stopped working after using self clean. It required a service call and parts replaced, no help from KitchenAid. I had to pay for it all. Only a week later, the lower oven wouldn't completely close, leaving the light on and not heating up. Again, it required another service call and the bottom oven door hinges need to be replaced, no help from KitchenAid. I have to pay for it all again. I am very disappointed that such an expensive appliance can't even last 3 years and that KitchenAid's warranty won't cover any costs.

Desired outcome: I would like for KitchenAid to reimburse the service costs for labor, parts, etc.

Feb 28, 2022 12:37 am EST

Hi Mr Recker.

Most products are provided with a one-year, limited warranty. Home Depot does provide additional warranty coverage; was this something you elected upon purchase?

10:18 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We had this new refrigerator delivered September 2021. Since day one it started making a knocking noise all day long, everyday. It stops at some point through out the day but it is very consistent. It does not only happen when the compressor starts etc. It is loud and actually quite embarrassing when I have company over. Company question how a new ...

View 0 more photos
6:49 pm EST

KitchenAid - Ice cream scooper

We just bought an ice cream scooper, and it doesn't scoop anything anymore. We might as well use a spoon now. We were so disappointed! Kitchen Aid had become part of our household because we trust it to be worthy of the quality it offers. We probably got a faulty one and I'd appreciate if you would send us a new one.

Keep up the good work for your products.

Please respond.

Thank you for your understanding.

Desired outcome: Please send a new one.

R
12:30 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our refrigerator is not even 2 years old and it went out in November. We purchased a 5 year extended warranty. Warranty company thru Lowes A&E Factory Service was scheduled to come 2 weeks after frig went out. Then the tech never showed and we didn't get a call until late afternoon after waiting all day. Then another 2 weeks later the tech came and said he...

KitchenAid contacts