Having problems with KitchenAid?

KitchenAid reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jul 13, 2006. The latest review Refrigerator was posted on Jun 10, 2021. The latest complaint refrigerator repair was resolved on May 28, 2019. KitchenAid has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 276 reviews. KitchenAid has resolved 122 complaints.

KitchenAid Customer Service Contacts

8800 200 2720 (Russia)
+1 800 541 6390 (Countertop Appliances, Kitchenware & Kitchen Tools)
+1 800 422 1230 (Major Appliances and Microwaves)
+61 249 026 500 (Australia)
+32 51 280 906 (Belgium)
+45 43 420 010 (Denmark)
+353 18 474 313 (Ireland)
+852 29 262 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 26 348 587 (Philippines)
+65 65 428 383 (Singapore)
+27 215 550 700 (South Africa)
+82 24 308 852 (South Korea)
+66 225 355 124 (Thailand)
+54 114 932 6154 (Argentina)
553 Benson Road

Industriestrasse 48, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany

Ireland
Fonthill Industrial Park, Fonthill Rd, Yellow Walls, Dublin, Ireland

Italy
Viale G. Borghi, 27, 21025 Comerio (Va)

Russia
ul. Chernyakhovskogo 5, str. 1, 125319, Moscow

Spain
C/Beethoven 15, Ático 3º, 08021 Barcelona – Spain

China
Room 101, No. 3 Building 10,Enzexi  Garden, Linglong Road, Haidian District, Beijing

Hong Kong
Unit 1917-1920, 19/F., Tower 2, Grand Century Place, 193 Prince Edward Road West, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Plot № 40, Sector 44, Gurgaon - 122002,Haryana

Japan
Yodoyabashi Flex Tower 4th Floor, 3-11, Koraibashi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0043

The Philippines
15th Floor, Twenty Four McKinley Bldg, 24th St. corner 7th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Singapore
71 Ubi Crescent, Excalibur Centre, № 06-02 Singapore 408571

South Korea
15, Seolleung-ro 112-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul

Thailand
Ploymitr Building, 4/F., 81 Soi Pha Suk, Sukhumvit 2, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with KitchenAid Customer Service. Initial KitchenAid complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for KitchenAid above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about KitchenAid. Discuss the issues you have had with KitchenAid and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

KitchenAid Complaints & Reviews

KitchenAidRefrigerator

Hello I am at my wits end and am praying you can help me. N June 2020 I spent over $5k at Airport Appliance on a Kitchen Aid refrigerator ($2400) and a washer and dryer. The refrigerator has been repaired 6x and it still won't work. KitchenAid will not replace it and Airport Appliance won't exchange it because the cost has risen $300 since purchase. We have spent hours waiting for repairmen and hours waiting for Airport appliance to call back (they rarely do) we have had managers bad mouth their employees and then provide the same service - rudeness and no return call. We have lost $100s of dollars in lost food and had to buy a apartment refrigerator off of Craig's list for $200. We bought the extended warranty. Kitchen aid's warranty doesn't cover replacement only repair - despite the fact that they cannot seem to repair it. I have never complained about a service experience publicly. I have tried to be respectful and calm at every point but we have gotten no where. I am currently unemployed and cannot afford to walk away and buy a new refrigerator. There is more detail. Please help me. Thank you for your consideration. Best Regards, Kari

KitchenAidKBSD618ESS

I bought this unit new for $11, 500 and it only worked for a week,
    now your service team is telling me the part that it need will not
    be in for 6o days. The serial number is ka1404584

sidney taylor
    [protected] cell

Jun 01, 2021

KitchenAid — Refrigerator

Purchased a new fridge. It was delivered on May 29, 2021. The delivery person connected it to water outlet...

KitchenAidService contract cancellation and no response from kitchenaid

Canceled contract on march 6 20212 cancellation # [protected]. Was told a refund would be given within 30 days. Have not received the refund and the telephone number for customer service put me o n hold and after 5 hours no one ever answers. I have caal 27 times with noi contact. Steven marks, [protected]@sbcglobal.net, [protected]

KitchenAidDishwasher

Service is subbed out to a firm Appliance Repair Specialists out of Bakersfield CA. They have cancelled three appointments, arrived three times with the part and broke it himself. This has been going on for over two months. They call and cancel appointments and don't find a replacement service person. This has got to be the worst service ever. We have already paid for the part and the service so it is not like we can take our problem to another firm without losing money.

KitchenAidDishwasher

My 2 year old dishwasher had the pump go out and the service company had to order a new pump and control board . They received the pump but the board has not arrived yet. The service call was on January 16, 2021. It has been four months of washing dishes by hand! Do you have control panels in inventory and not have to get everything from China???? I have an issue with all your parts are chinese. The Service company is Airboss in Tampa and I have my service with American Home Shield. Do I have to go to China to fix my dishwasher?

S. Pontillo

• Mr
              Mr. Helpful May 09, 2021

Unfortunately we're still in the middle of Covid and parts are still difficult to come by.

May 04, 2021

KitchenAid — Countertop toaster oven

I have had the Kitchenaid toaster oven almost 3 years. I have only used it for reheating food. The on/off...

Apr 13, 2021

KitchenAid — Refrigerator model #krsc703hps00

Update on same refrigerator: My refrigerator stopped working again on 2/17/21 and as of today (4/13/21...

KitchenAidRefrigerator

My wife and I purchased a $3, 000 refrigerator Kitchen Aid in Jan 2021 from Lowe's in Kansas City.
            In mid March, less than 90 days after purchase the water and ice dispenser were not working. I called the service number and was on hold for one hour before I spoke with a human. I booked a repair appointment and needed to wait a week until someone could come. Appointment day came and went and nobody showed. I spent another hour on the phone to set another appointment for another week until someone could fix it.
            He showed and identified the problem . Of course he needed to order the part. It has now been eight days and I have not been contacted. We are purchasing bottled water and ice from the store because our brand new $3, 000 Kitchen Aid refrigerator is not working.
            Faulty product and horrible customer service.

KitchenAidKseb900ess oven

model KSEB900ESS, been a disaster from day one, over temps causing oven to 500 plus degrees, burns all food and is a dangerous appliance, two services calls and a third one placed. We cannot use the oven, it goes into temps beyond the set temp and destroys all food in the oven, we have had problems with this thing from date of purchase, we were hoping that MADE IN AMERICA was a good thing, not anymore. We have an extended warranty with Alliance Warranty, (6 to 8 weeks to respond) we do not expect Kitchenaid to respond or fix this issue, and would be surprised if you do.

KitchenAidWarranty not honored

I purchased $1900 extended warranty under Whirpool/KitchenAid Extended Care Plan, but they now claim that everything is non-functional and not covered under the plan. They did not provide a definition of what is functional vs. non-functional in the contract.
                Everything from Kitchenaid got broken in the first year, hence I purchased the extended warranty, but it looks like it was a mistake. The warranty contract was misleading and misrepresented the warranty services as everything could be called non-functional as it is not defined in the contract.

Called Service on April 5th 2021.The service representative refused even to open a service ticket and send a specialist to confirm which part is broken, I suspect it is track/rail which is not explicitly listed as excluded from the warranty.

Here is the excerpt from the contract:
                What is Not Covered by this Service Plan:
                (e) Non-functional parts, expendable items, scratches, dents, peeling, hard water damage, walls and infrastructure, decorative finishing, interior liners, door liners, handles, knobs, racks, rollers, drip pan or grates, shelves;

• Je
                    jerpan1127 Apr 30, 2021

getting similar response about a crack that appeared inside the unit. We have Lowes extended multi year warranty which negates responsibility for every component. Mr. Appliance repair has missed three appointments and cancelled the complaint without notifying us.
                    Working with state consumer affairs and filed a complaint with state A.G. office

KitchenAidRefrigerator

I purchased my refrigerator from Ferguson for $2692 via the condominium development, 2 Creeks, in Camas, WA. The bottom two drawers developed significant frost, an inch thick, within a few months. I contacted Kitchenaid and they scheduled me a visit with Appliance Hospital which occurred about a month later in early February. The service person said he would order a part but did not think it would solve the issue. We are still waiting for the part almost 2 months later. I had to defrost it manually twice and it is due for a third time. It is my understanding that many people have had the same problem with this unit and I consider it a lemon that should be returned and reimbursed for.

Here is the unit info:
                  Friginfo. Model: KRSC700HPS
                  Serial: HRX0666349

Mar 22, 2021

KitchenAid — Refrigerator model: KRMF706EBS01 S/N: L90900694

Bought the Refridgerator from Shore Appliance, Ocean View, Delaware on12/18/2019 installed 12/21/2019. Had...

KitchenAidDishwasher

We purchased the KitchenAid dishwasher as a upgrade to the Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher the builder of our home had installed. After the Frigidaire dishwasher started leaking and ruined a portion of our hardwood flooring, we received damages from our claim made under warranty. However, the KitchenAid dishwasher has now had multiple replacements of the plastic parts in the racks, and the pump motor has been replaced twice. Now that the dishwasher is out of warranty, and even out of extended warranty, it's becoming a real concern and bother that all repairs now are borne by us. This last repair cost over $300. So, we've reached the limit as to what we will pay going forward to keep the KitchenAid dishwasher running... and we are tired of handwashing the dishes.

KitchenAidNever received product that was ordered.

Online Order Number [protected].
                      On 12-05-2020 at 2:02 pm I placed an order with Kitchen for a blender and 2 classic-forged-14-piece-brushed-stainless-cutlery-sets. Received the blender but not the cutlery sets. After several emails (which I have copies of) and phone calls we still haven't received the cutlery sets but, did KitchenAid did charge my credit card for them on 12-20-2020. Asked for a refund and that hasn't happened as well. The order is now closed out. The excuse for not delivering the cutlery sets is UPS didn't pick them up do to high shipping/delivery volume. The excuse kept going on even after UPS stated everything was picked up and delivered. Would like a refund. Tired of emailing KitchenAid and not getting any resolution.

Never received product that was ordered.

KitchenAidCountertop microwave

I have a counter top kitchenaid microwave model kmcs1016gbs0 or o. It is about two years old. It was not inexpensive. A service technician came out and advised that the touch pad does not work and needs to be replaced. He said no parts were available to him. I have done several restart procedures that kitchenaid advises to do. There are no parts available.

KitchenAidKitchenAid gas oven; Waiting for a part 6 months.

I have a top-of-the-line KitchenAid gas range, KSGB900ESS0, original cost $2, 400. Some parts of the oven are no longer in warranty. Two months ago, the oven would not go on and display was showing an error. I contacted the KitchenAid authorized repair. They came on site and determined 2 parts needed to be ordered. It is now 2 months later, and they are still waiting for the part. Every two weeks the authorized repair company would inform us that the part was due in 2 more weeks. I contacted the Whirlpool parts dept., KitchenAid's parent co. and warehouse. They said the part was still not due for another 4 months. Assuming the part arrives in 4 months, this is a total of 6 months without use of the oven.
                          I contacted KitchenAid several times and spoke to a higher level of support. The outcome was I just have to wait. My suggestion to get the same part, which was available from outside distributors, was not accepted. I suggested to get the part from an existing oven in their warehouse, or to just replace the oven were also rejected.
                          This is still a current model sold in most appliance stores. There is no reason for KitchenAid to not plan for parts to support their sales and customers. And if circumstances brought about this situation, then KitchenAid should go the extra step and do what is needed to support their customers. Would anyone buy a car from a company who could not get parts? The Kitchen Aid solution to just wait 6 months or more without the use of their oven is unacceptable.

Feb 11, 2021

KitchenAid — Refrigerator

I purchased a model ksf266xyy04 refrigerator along with a complété par l'âge of stOve, oven dishwasher...

KitchenAid5 burner glass stove top

While cooking pasta the pot of water boiled over which resulted in fire inside the stove that can be seen under the glass cook top. There was also smoke rising up from the 5 control knobs of the stove. Service was called and the repair man noticed again the smoke billowing up from the control knobs and immediately unplug the unit. We had a Viking stove top in old house and that unit can hold up to a gallon of spillage. This kitchenaid unit can't handle what I would consider normal occasional spillage of a few ounces of water. Called kitchenaid to complain and was told that it was user issue.

KitchenAidCustomer service

I have attempted to contact customer service several times throughout the day and continue to get recordings directing me elsewhere, then eventually disconnecting the call. I need to contact them regarding a return authorization for a product that I purchased from the Kitchenaid website, however am unable to reach anyone that can provide me with a return authorization. I only have 30 days from purchase date to return this product and have no idea how they can be reached. I have tried a few different phone numbers for them, however with the same result-being disconnected without ever speaking to a real person.