Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers / maytag/whirlpool washer and dryer

Saint Augustine, FL, US Review updated:

In November of 2016 we purchased a high-end, high-priced Maytag Washer and Dryer.

We have had nothing but trouble with both appliances, and Lowes won't exchange after the first month. We purchased long-term warranties on both appliances, and are now getting the run-around from the local/Lowes service provider.

The dryer has never worked, and we've had 4 service calls on the dryer. We were told that after three service calls without fixing the problem with the dryer, the dryer can be exchanged. When I asked the servicing company the number of service calls, they told me 2 (one call for a part, and two calls within the same month). We are just getting one excuse after the other to keep us from exchanging the dryer.

Now, we're having a problem with the washer. The last load I washed
came out spotty (light and dark - like the old "tie dyes), and the washer has been causing my bathroom rugs to come unstitched at the seams. These problems have not happened before, and Maytag says I'm using the wrong washing products (I'm very careful with my clothes and the products I use)... they're also saying that the fraying bath rugs are caused by usage (they are almost new, and I've never had this problem before). I am convinced that whatever I do, Maytag will make excuses for exchanging out the washer. I'm afraid to use it - for any future clothing or bedding.

We are so disgusted that we don't know where to turn. We are convinced that neither Maytag or Lowes will do anything about our very severe problem.

Please help us.

Sf
Mar 30, 2017

Comments

• Wp
      Mar 31, 2017

Dear S. Faircloth:
    We are sorry to hear of our Washer and Dryer concerns. We would be happy to look into your concerns but we will need your model and serial number, your name, phone number, address, user ID (S. Faircloth), Review ID Number (100116), and date of purchase and a brief description of your issue emailed to [protected]@maytag.com .

• Wp
      Jun 16, 2017

Hello S. Faircloth, we apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your Washer and Dryer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (complaintboards.com), your user ID name (S. Faircloth), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to [protected]@Maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further.