Kmart / false advertising?
My wife replied to the ad last Sunday, Nov. 2, 2008, concerning Corelle Dinnerware. It was listed as 16 piece Winter Frost White dinnerware set (CUP, dessert plate, bowl and dinner plate times four) with two extra place settings making a total of 24 pieces. This was advertised at $25. She went to our local Kmart store and they had the sign on a 16 piece set of Corelle (GLASS, dessert plate, bowl, and dinner plate times four) nothing extra. Upon inquiring and pointing out that this was not as advertised, they stated they did not have the advertised special and would probably not get it. My wife was wanting to buy 4 sets at this price to have 24 place settings. She then drove 25 miles to Bloomington, IN and received the same story from two Kmart stores in Bloomington. Again the sign was on the wrong material. On Saturday, the 8th of Nov., she returned to our Bedford Kmart and found the sign still on the wrong dinnerware and again was told probably never available in the store.
We still have the ad and there is nothing in the ad to state only available in certain stores or until supplies run out or any other such disclaimer. We feel that based on the ad and finding the same thing in three stores with similar comments by store employees, that this is a form of deceptive advertising to draw people to Kmart. What is our recourse for this type of deception?
Sincerely, Barry Strong
More Kmart Complaints & Reviews
- Kmart / Sears Holdings - pension 
- Olan Mills Kmart - horrible pictures/customer service 
- Kmart In Augusta, Ga 1647 Gordon Hwy, Augusta, Ga - Is Closing Down Next!! - loss of due to constant compliants of racism & unethical business practices 
- Kmart / Champion Battery - dead kmart sears champion car battery
- Kmart - misleading advertisement! 
- Kmart Stores - layaway
- [Resolved] Kmart Stores - unsanitary lunch
- Kmart Stores - service at roosevelt and tyson ave phila pa 
- Kmart Stores - managers and employees 
- Kmart Stores - poor customer service