Complaints & Reviews

Resolved 1 register open

I was in the Kmart in Danville Va yesterday 12/21 at 1:19 pm Only 1 front register was open, with about 12 people lined up in it, since I only had about 12 items I walked back to electronics, there were 2 people in line. The cashier was very hateful, called the manager back there and told her that she couldn't do anything for people coming back to check out. I told them both they needed to open more registers up front, that it was riduculous to have only 1 register open up front at this time of the year.

Resolved I left merchandise at store, I called them to let them know and they put it back on the shelves anyway.

I accidently left merchandise at the kmart store. I immediately called the store when I realized I didn't have everything when I returned home. They told me it was there. I told them to please put my name on the merchandise and I would return to pick it up. I live approximately 30 miles and I own a restaurant and returning as soon as I realized I left it there was impossible for me to do right away. I had christmas parties to take care of at my restaurant for two days and I could not return until the third day. When I returned they did not have my merchandise, but then discovered that it had been returned to the shelves. They did write down two of the items, but a third item was missing. The clerk said that it wasn't written down and she couldn't do anything about it. I think that this is very poor business on their part. I not only had to walk all the way back to the store to get my merchandise that I had left, but I didn't get all of it back or refunded. My receipt# is [protected].

Resolved did not get an item we purchased

I was shopping with a client of mine on Tuesday the 16th. He had a purchase order from DHHS for household items. He purchased a bed in a bag from the Auburn KMART. When he returned home he realized they had forgot to put the item in the cart. He had quite a few items and needed two carts. The following day when I went into work my client informed me of the missing bed in a bag. I called the Auburn, ME Kmart and explained my situation and the lady was very friendly, but placed me on hold to speak to another lady. They said they don't know of anything being left behind and asked me for my number so someone could call me back. They never called me back! So I called and spoke to a third lady. She asked what the item looked like and went to try and find it, while i was on hold. She came back and said she thinks she found one like i t but it was a twin. I informed her that he had purchased a queen. She said i will hold this for you in layaway and you can just come in and pick one up that you like. So it's Saturday and i make a special trip to Auburn 45 minutes to pick up my clients bed in a bag and... once a gain got the run around. I explained to the lady at customer service who got the manager. He went to check layaway to see if the set was there. I happened to see the guy who cashed us out. I had a feeling he would remember us since it was his first purchase order and he needed help form another lady. They DO NOT give out receipts so I have no proof that my client purchased a bed in a bag. The manager went with me to see if we could find the bed in a bag. They were sold out of the exact one my client picked out. I asked if i could just grab one similar and the same price. He informed me that i could not. The only way to get another one is have my clients caseworker dispute it with Kmart. In the mean time my client is left without a bedding set all because it was never put into the cart. You would think if something was left behind they would hold it for you . I asked what they do with things left behind and they said it goes into carts and then put back of the shelfs. I was not very satisfied with Kmarts customer service. How hard would it be to look up the purchase order with my clients name on it. Also ask the staff that worked that night about a bed in a bag being left behind. Surely someone picked it up and returned it. I personally will not shop at Kmart again unless this gets resolved. I will also make sure our agency does not get purchase orders for Kmart.

Resolved no return without a receipt

I received a bath gift set as a Christmas gift, but due to allergies, don't use many scented bath...

Resolved bad customer service

I went online to Kmart.com a week ago to look for a video game and was told it was out of stock and that I could sign up for a notification when it was back in stock. Signed up and received an email a few days later. Within 1hr of receiving email that it was back in stock I ordered online along with a few other items. Then a few hours later I was told that the item was in stock and my order for that item was canceled, but not the other items. I immediately called Kmart, within only 3hrs of the order being placed originally, and they told me that it was too late and that the other items would ship.

I am being told now that I have no choice but to try to catch the UPS man or if they leave the package to contact them and have it returned. This is going to cost me time and potentially money if I have to take the package to the UPS facility. It is ridiculous.

• Valerie Aug 11, 2008

This complaint is regarding my return of damaged merchandise from Order Number #10057915 of November 14, 2007. I have not been issued a refund from the item I returned via UPS on November 20, 2007 and I was told that I would have to wait until a "research request" was processed (10 days) then it would be issued (3-5 days).

I spoke with a manager, Angela (993451) on the phone January 10, 2008 and I've never been treated so badly by a customer service representative in all of my life. Here's an example: Angela said that it showed that a credit was issued, when I asked her when that credit was issued she firmly said "Do not interrupt me, mam". She told me that the credit was issued on December 3rd, I explained that I called to follow up on my refund on that day and I was sent a return receipt on that day stating it would take 30 more days. I assume that Kmart doesn't record its customer service calls as the employees are free to treat customers so rudely.

I then asked her if she could send me an email confirmation that the research request was made, she said �I don't know what good that will do". Needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the KMART phone customer service. I've never had to wait this long for a refund for damaged merchandise and I still have no resolution. In addition, I was treated badly.

I'm still waiting for my issue to be resolved. I�m a loyal customer and I hope to remain one. I am due a refund of $141.20.

chris steinke Nov 10, 2008

I stopped at Kmart after work to get a few needed items and ended up spending $58 total. My cashier handed memy receiopt along with a Kmart store coupon which reminded me of the coupon that I just remembered I had from a visit before. The coupon was for $5 off $50 or more and had to be used by Nov. 15, 2008. Since today is Nov. 10, I knew that I wouldn't be back to use it in that short timespan so I went to the customer service desk with my purchases and receipt and asked if I could use this coupon and that I had forgotten about it until I was already rung up...she just said..."Nope...you'll just have to come back and use it by the 15th". I felt like a crook for even asking...she was so rude and her name is Barb Livingston.

• Lo
    Lopez69 Sep 21, 2012

Puedo limpiar los pisos de esta tienda una una de las chicas que trabaja allí me ha hablado como un perro, que no entiendo muy bien Inglés, pero la forma en que ella me habló esta mañana era degradante, ella trata a alguien que es latino como si no soporto a la gente de color ella una a la otra señora no sé su nombre, pero ella es lady corto mayor, Carol no voy a olvidar que la había etiqueta con su nombre en no todos los latinos son uhhh mudo

• Ki
    king789078 Sep 21, 2012

Why order online STUPID? If you are not lazy like most consumers go to the store and buy the product in person.

Resolved customer service & sales

With money being at a low, you would think that customer service would be at a high. Not in brevard nc, kmart...

Resolved horrible customer service

I bought a microwave oven at Kmart 6 months ago, it just stopped working. I got out the book, spent an hour on the phone with Sears/Kmart customer service, got transferred 3 times, and ultimately ended up with "D. J." from Kmart Customer Service. I told him the microwave was 6 months old and I had the box. I told him I did not have the receipt, I said if I take it back to Kmart, will they exchange it for me? He said yes, just take it back and they will exchange it. My car is a long walk from where I live, I lug this huge box back to my car, up to Kmart (Streetsboro, OH) and in to the store, for them to just tell me sorry, we have a 90-day return policy. Then, why after I spent an hour on the phone would the customer service guy tell me to take it there? I never would of gone through all that trouble otherwise! The store manager; Chris Flood, was quite a little twerp. Went back home called customer service and all I got was I don't know why he told you that, but you'll have to call the manufacturer (Kenmore, I don't recommend them) and get it serviced! It supposedly had a 1-year warranty when I bought it I can�t believe they won�t exchange it � Microwaves should last longer than 6 months! I don�t want to know where I am going to have to drag this thing next and how long it will take. I am so pissed! I use it everyday.

Do yourselves a favor people; shop Wal-mart, the customer service is much better. No wonder Kmart was going under until Sears bought them, now I hope they still do.

• Pi
    pissedoff Dec 13, 2008

I bought a microwave oven at Kmart 6 months ago, it just stopped working. I got out the book, spent an hour on the phone with Sears/Kmart customer service, got transferred 3 times, and ultimately ended up with "D. J." from Kmart Customer Service. I told him the microwave was 6 months old and I had the box. I told him I did not have the receipt, I said if I take it back to Kmart, will they exchange it for me? He said yes, just take it back and they will exchange it. My car is a long walk from where I live, I lug this huge box back to my car, up to Kmart (Streetsboro, OH) and in to the store, for them to just tell me sorry, we have a 90 day return policy. Then, why after I spent an hour on the phone would the customer service guy tell me to take it there? I never would of gone through all that trouble otherwise! The store manager; Chris was quite a little twerp. He kept pointing at a 90 day return policy sign. Went back home called customer service and all I got was I don't know why he told you that, but you'll have to call the manufacturer (Kenmore, I don't recommend them) and get it serviced! It supposedly had a 1-year warranty when I bought it I can’t believe they won’t exchange it – Microwaves should last longer than 6 months! I don’t want to know where I am going to have to drag this thing next and how long it will take. I am so pissed! I use it everyday. It is almost Christmas, my car needs repairs, I would like to buy my family Christmas presents, and now I have to replace a 6-month-old microwave that had a 1 year warranty?

• Th
    THE-GOD Jan 10, 2009

ANY STORE has a 90-day guarantee. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SHOPPING, LADY? You need to wake up and realize that ALMOST EVERY STORE HAS A 90-DAY GUARANTEE... "WITH RECEIPT!" Wal-Mart isn't any better. They employee juveniles who don't care about their work only their pay-check. At least when you go to K-Mart, their staff is made up of local people who have been employed with K-Mart for an average of 15 years --- find that at Wal-Mart!

Linda at the service desk is one of the nicest people you will ever meet and she will be more than courteous to anyone - BECAUSE THAT IS HER NATURE!!! Find that at the Streetsboro Wal-Mart... it won't happen. Rebecca is wonderful too. Roxanne is more than willing to help the customers. Why are they more polite than Wal-mart workers? Because they care about people - not volume business that prides itself on imported products from third-world countries who pay their employees nothing short of dirt.

K-Mart in Streetsboro has survived better than imagined AND THAT IS BECAUSE THEIR PEOPLE GENUINELY CARE. AND JUST LIKE ANY OTHER STORE, THEY CANNOT HELP WHAT CORPORATE RULES ARE... AND THAT GOES FOR WAL-MART AS WELL.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SPOKE WITH THE STORE BEFORE YOU WASTED YOUR PRECIOUS TIME RETURNING AN ITEM YOU THOUGHT WAS "RETURNABLE." I GUARANTEE YOU THAT WAL-MART WILL NEVER BEGIN TO THINK OF TAKING BACK A PRODUCT AFTER 90 DAYS... ESPECIALLY WITHOUT A RECEIPT! DO YOU THINK ONLY K-MART SALES THAT MICROWAVE? MY GUESS IS THERE ARE PROBABLY ANOTHER 30 PLACES THAT CARRY THAT SAME MODEL. SO, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK ANY STORE WOULD THINK IT WAS EXCLUSIVELY FROM K-MART AND WHAT DATE IT WAS PURCHASED? AFTERALL..., YOU WERE THE IDIOT WHO DIDN'T KEEP YOUR RECEIPT.

NEXT TIME..., SAVE YOUR $69 AND GO TO CHINA AND BUY THAT DAMNED THING FOR $13.

AND LAY OFF THE K-MART EMPLOYEES WHO ARE ONLY ACTING UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF THE CORPORATION JUST LIKE ANY WAL-MART EMPLOYEE WOULD. IF YOU THINK YOU'LL BE SAVING MONEY BY SHOPPING AT WAL-MART... GO FOR IT... I'M SURE THE EXTRA GAS YOU WASTE TRYING TO FIGHT THE TRAFFIC PROBLEMS IN STREETSBORO WILL NEGATE WHAT FEW CENTS YOU THINK YOU'RE SAVING. AND WITH THE WEATHER THE WAY IT IS..., YOU STAND MORE OF A CHANCE OF GETTING INTO AN ACCIDENT ON 14/480 THAN YOU WOULD BY GOING TO K-MART.

REMEMBER, THE LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN. GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE NIGHTMARE IN STREETSBORO - TRAFFIC.

YOUR WELCOME... ME

• Ih
    Ihatecomplaining Jan 10, 2009

You are right, Now days you have to pay extra to cover the warranty. That is so stupid! Plus, I love Walmarts, but lots of people talk about how miserable their employees look while helping you. And most of them really do. Mostly young people though. They just don't understand the value of a job these days. When they're standing in that unemployment line though, I bet they will. Be happy!! Whistle while you work! At least until someone tells you to shut up!!!

• Bi
    Birane Jan 28, 2010

The customer service at KMart online is just horrible. If you need to contact them about an order by email, you will get an unhelpful email form letter. If you try calling, their call center will put on hold for hugely long times. If you ask to speak to a supervisor... well, just forget it. You'll be put into "on hold hell".

Resolved [censored]ie # att.

my complaint is about the manger at the kmart store 3029 -----recept# [protected] --12/13/08 2;05...

Elsmere Online Surveys

Resolved no service at jewerly counter for 20 mins once and 25 min the second time landed up walking out of your store

I went in the inverness store to purchase a neclace, I waited for 20 minutes, I then went to look for some shoes, I came back waited for another 25 minutes, still no one came around.
I then left my cart and walked out the door.

Just remember word of mouth is the best advertising there is.

I was in there on dec 09 2008. The number of the store is 9793 in inverness fla.
I would appreciate some feed back or some kind of an explanation, because I enjou shopping at k-mart far more then I do even wal-mart.

Thank-you for your time r. Mathis
Lake panasoffkee fla.

• Ki
    Kiki20 May 17, 2012

WalMart here I come despite the longer drive time.

• Je
    jeffrey star Aug 05, 2012

The jewelry counter is operated by a Kmart employee who is working nearby but in other close by sections of the store. They keep checking to see if anyone is there at the counter needing help. But if no one is there then they have other duties such as stocking and straightening the area merchandise. The Service Counter is a close by and in sight of the jewelry counter and they can page the employee to the jewelry counter if a customer let's them know they need assistance. Like in any store if you need help you go to an employee nearby and ask for it.

Resolved bad service

i live in greene county pa, and i had a laway put on in uniontown pa kmart, i was told i needed to have my layaway out by dec.5 i traveled about an hour to get there stood in line for almost 3 hours it was about 10 till 10 pm, and im told i wasnt getting my stuff cause they were closing at 10, told to come back next day first of all i dont drive had to get a way there and then be told i wasnt getting my stuff was a bunch of bull ###, found a way back up the next day and it was very bad driving conditions we slid all over the road saw 5 wrecks and one was almost us, but i will never and mean never use that store to do business at again and would not recommend it to any one elese either that was just ingorant and inconseridate of the store, it is christmas and they were getting my money.with gas prices and the econmy it is hard on myself and a lot of other people.will never use kmart to shop again.

couldn't cash my check

I went thru the check-out and paid by check also showing my drivers license. Cashier jody said it wouldn't except my check. I said "why not" she said it doesn't tell me, just call 800 number on back. I paid for my purchases with cash that I didn't want to use. That was so embarrassing. I have never in my entire life had that happen before. The check-out lines were long and everyone was getting mad that I was taking so long. I called the 800 number and they told me that an extra 4 was added to my driver's license number, that is why it was rejected. It was the cashiers fault for not doing it right and caused me all the aggravation. Next, I called the store to talk to the manager, the girl who answered said to hold on. For 15 min. I held on like a fool.. And no one picked up. This was totally uncalled for. I am fed-up with being treated this way.

scam-scam-scam

Made electronics purchase and got receipt that offered a possible $2500 gift card for completing an on-line customer service survey. After finally getting to the survey there were some suspicious instances during the survey whereby you cannot continue without giving information that has NOTHING to do with customer service at K Mart or anywhere else!!! This needs to be inquired about by someone in law enforcement, fraud division.04fdc

• Gu
    guy gilmore Feb 28, 2009

service was very great will always go back

maria linares Jun 06, 2009

i went to kmart in sunny isle and i get my receipt and up to now i havent find out yet your web site please stop fooling around with people because some of we are praying for we too win since the ecconomy is so bad that we could use that money on things that we really need fromyour own store.thank you anyway and may god bless you..

• Ld
    LDK Jun 15, 2009

If you are talking about that page that asks for your information, that page is for the chance to win the $2500 gift card, If you do not wish to answer, all you have to do is hit next and finish the online survey.

• Mi
    mishely1 Jul 20, 2009

The website address for The K-Mart Feedback Survey & Sweepstakes is:

http:/research.tlg.com/unsecured/KmartFeedback.html

The website is sponsored by The Link Group which is a market research group.

I have filled out the feedback form & sweepstakes entry numerous times myself & can attest to the fact that the site DOES exist!

horrible pictures/customer service

We went to K-mart and we saw what we thought was great deal for Olan mills pictures . We went On a sunday at...

sweepstakes

I recently purchased a pair of gold hoop earrings at the Walnutport, Pa kmart. I received a receipt to enter a sweepstakes for 2, 500.00 if I filled out a survey. When I reached the page, I was directed to, the content was strictly about joining other surveys and I was unable to fill out the survey for this store. To me, this is false avertising as well as a scam meant for people to join other surveys.

• Kl
    klemise charite Dec 02, 2008

i never one any thing in my life

• Pa
    Paula Jan 23, 2009

This is not a complaint. I just wanted to let people know that I contacted kmart customer service on their website and they sent me a link to the sweepstakes site. It is actually www.kmartfeedback.com. I clicked on and was sent to the site. I hope this helps others.
    Paula

unhappy services

I went to pick up my layaway, the cashier name brandon, took my money had me to wait for my boxes, ask me to step to side so he can wait on the costumer, I step out of the way, checking my packages, I noticed all my items was not there, brandon check my receipt, said because I step away from the register I have to wait, the other guy who brought out my boxes is the one who will have to go find the other missing items. After 45 to 50 minutes waiting I call for a manager to come to the layaway area, told my story, she ask brandon, who is looking for my other items, he said the guy name, but come to find out the other guy was on lunch, not in the back looking for my lose items. Total wait time 1 hour 15 minutes I had to wait all this time when no one was looking for the lose articles. Very dissappointed with kmart.

fraud and misrepresentation

KMart values your feedback: Tell us about your experience & you could win a $2, 500 KMart gift card. Within...

overcharging

I was shopping at the local Indiana, PA store. Checked products when I arrived home and found that as I was removing the paper sale price, the original tag under the sale tag was $3.00 less expensive.

Merry Christmas...Scrooge must own KMART.

Will I shop here again...no!
Will I inform friends and family...YES! Will I inform management...oh, yea.
Really makes you wonder what else they overcharged you on.

• Il
    ILGeorgia Jul 25, 2011

As I stated they have a sale on the item but when you get to register rings up wrong, then when you comfornt the cashier she goes Z& removes the sale tag & puts it on another item. I saw her do it. Then denied it. Needless to say back to walmart I go & they aren't much better, but don't remove the sale tags like Kmart!

kmart values your feedback!!!

As a single mother of 3 and not knowing how I am going to get any gifts for my children for Christmas I...

5. oo off 50.00 spent

—i checked out and forgot about my 5. Oo off coupond, had 2 wait in line at service desk and then she gave me a hard time about using it, I didnt know she would have 2 ring every thing up again 2 see if I was able 2 use, I just did it at home and I qualified 4 the 5.00 off I spend alot a money in your store and I dont think that was right to make me stand there and listen to all her bull. What is she doing behind a service desk desk with a attitude like that?I walked out plopease address this as this isnt the first time I have had trouble there tyvm roberta scofield

layaway

had a swimming pool on layaway and went to pick it up clerk was a snot and treated me like I was an inconvenience they had put my "pool" back on the shelf as it was after the contract date to pick up. I didnt get a phone call and was home sick unable to pick up on the exact day. The clerk said well we will give you your money back except for the fee. She went to give me my money but had none in the drawer and muttered something. I was getting over being sick and asked her if she could look if it was back on the shelf and was in stock. She said I could look, she didnt offer to look and it was completely on the opposite end of the store. I noticed a manager that was at the end of the isle and I am sure he saw I was obviously not happy but he did nothing. I left the store thinking why wouldnt they call if there was only the last payment left? then two days later I did get a phone call to remind me to pick up my item. It was automated and I couldnt tell them that it was too late according to thier snotty clerk. bad experience and wouldnt recommend going to them for anything.

• Jl
    Jlweez Apr 11, 2013

I don’t usually do this, but I really feel compelled to let you know about an exceptional employee in your Ripon store. My daughter and I were there the other day and a very polite and charming young man was our cashier. It was very refreshing to have a young person be so courteous and friendly. His name is Dustin. A very personable guy, who appears as though he must really like his job (not to mention this was early in the AM… the store had just opened.. on a cloudy miserable day!!! Yikes!!). This didn’t seem to alter his mood at all… lol I have had many experiences when I go shopping, where the people that check you out, are flat line personality and seem as though they would rather be doing anything other than the job at hand. So many of the younger workers, can be quite inappropriate with customers or with coworkers regarding conversation etc. As I left the Ripon Kmart, it just struck me that he should be commended for his professional demeanor and his customer service skills…. Not to mention a great, friendly smile. Hope he is there again when I have to do my shopping….

• Wi
    wifi8827 Apr 28, 2013

it is up to you, assuming you are an adult who can read a receipt, to know when your layaway payments are due. That entire time it was in layaway, it is off the sales floor, which means it is not being sold until you go in and make your final payment, which since you didn't show up on time, they have to assume you never will.