JustAnswer.com / no way to cancel

MO, United States Review updated:

Contacted site to ask a lawyer a legal question. Paid $49 for the question, which was answered to my satisfaction. However, they signed me up for an unlimited subscription in which they are going to take money money from my credit credit card on a monthly basis. I did not approve this. Not only that, the site gives directions on how to cancel your subscription. It states, "To cancel, when you are logged into your JustAnswer account, click on the “My Account” link from the JustAnswer homepage, then select “Off” for your subscription under “Payment Information”." However, there is no such "Off" option for your subscription under Payment Information. The only option available is changing your credit card number. Contacted the company via their website but they do not respond.

Comments

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2012

This means I agree with MY complaint! I never asked Just Answer a question! I called AARP "ask a nurse" about my son's blood pressure (which is free) and Just Answer ANSWERED it and charged me $38. Please credit me for this call and take me off wharever account you made without my permission! IF THIS CANNOT BE DONE, I WILL CONTACT MY LAWYER TO HELP ME. HIS NAME IS DENNIS HORTON.

• Je
      29th of Aug, 2014

Please I want to unsubscribe from Justanswer I am not happy with being charged monthly.

• Ro
      3rd of Feb, 2017

I have similar problem. Wife's credit card is being charged $58 per month, some months twice !!. Cant get any answer from the 800 phone number on the credit card listing. The justanswer website is useless. When you try to log on, and you don't have a password, it says it will email you one. But I have tried several times, and no email ever arrives. I have filled in the on line complaint forms, they say they will reply in 4 hours, but I have never had a response. I see previous entries here are from a few years ago, Was anything ever done ? did you ever get your money back ??

• To
      14th of Apr, 2019

Cannot cancel membership to Just Answer. Their Customer Service is always down. I believe this to be a scam of sorts. Seems many others have had same problem.