First Premier Bank / credit card solicitation with security processing

Received a snail mailed solicitation for the First Premier Platinum Card. This enabled me to pay: processing fee, set-up fee, 1-year's worth of monthly processing fees, membership fee, etc. PLUS I was informed of the Security Processing of my prospective monthly payment: 20-days!! I called the telephone sign-up line and spoke with a rep. I voiced my opinion---unmitigated greed of the bank and that this customer service person please consider the company whose bidding she does. She then became irate. Her constant refrain was "I'm helping people. I feel good about myself. What good are you doing by complaining." She wasn't much interested in listening to my response, "I represent the average, reasonable adult who is angered and insulted by the sham do-gooder offer. Please try some integrity. Stop these solicitations. Please wake up!" She was nearly out of breath talking and talking and talking with no let up until she hung up.

One last thing that I recently learned. Every credit card solicitation you receive in the mail is considered a so-called "soft inquiry"-- a knock against your credit score. Banks created this nightmare. Don't vote for any would-be elected representative who takes money from banks!

Va

Comments

8th of Apr, 2009

soft inquiries don't affect your credit score in any way, and are not visible to anyone but you pulling the report.

Also, it would be nice if you would refrain from harrassing the poor representative who is just trying to do her job. What were you trying to accomplish with getting the poor woman riled up for no reason? Would you be happier if she were on unemployment?