Menu
First Premier Bank Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

First Premier Bank
reviews & complaints

www.firstpremier.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.8 177 Reviews

First Premier Bank Complaints Summary

36 Resolved
140 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from First Premier Bank with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for First Premier Bank has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of First Premier Bank. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

First Premier Bank reviews & complaints 177

Filter reviews by rating
1 review
Sort by:

Newest First Premier Bank reviews & complaints

5:39 pm EST

First Premier Bank Payments to First Premier

I make all my payments on time. I pay via my personal checking account each month. So because I use my personal checking account to make payments, they put a 20 day hold on e very payment. They stated and I quote "we don't get a list of cleared checks" thereby the 20 day hold. Is this true? This is just unbelievable in this day and age when we all know that it clears within at most 2 business days! My opinion, they are making $ off our payments!

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified First Premier Bank representatives only. If you are affiliated with First Premier Bank, please claim your business to access these details.

F
10:51 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First Premier Bank - Credit card /reporting

First premier is saying I am 30 days late from a payment made in december. I made a payment online to my credit card and used my "Ent" checking account that I normally do and now that I got a alert on my credit report I'm 30days late i go online to see the issue and it shows the wrong checking account Was used (an old inactive account) so funds were not...

C
4:26 pm EST

First Premier Bank Unauthorized credit card charges on your business account

We noticed starting in September 2023, that many charges were coming through our account, here are months and amounts we have so far

September 2023 from 09/14/2023 til 09/29/2023 total that month 807.27

October 2023 from 10/02/2023 until 10/31/2023 total amount that month 2,140.28

November 2023 from 11/03/2023 til 11/30/2023 total amount 1,878.65

December 2023 from 12/01/2023 til 12/12/2023 total amount 717.84

These charges have been reported to our ban, and the police department

the name we were given was a Breylan Jefferies from Sioux Falls SD

company # [protected]

Claimed loss: Total since September, October, November, December Total all months5,544.45

Desired outcome: please refund, I'd appreciate a response

Hide full review

Is First Premier Bank legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals First Premier Bank as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 20% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, First Premier Bank stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering First Premier Bank should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

First Premier Bank earns 94% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: First Premier Bank achives 94% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for First Premier Bank. The company provides a physical address, 14 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Firstpremier.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows First Premier Bank website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Firstpremier.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Firstpremier.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with First Premier Bank, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with First Premier Bank is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

First Premier Bank as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

First Premier Bank website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Despite a high level of trust, our investigation found issues with First Premier Bank's service, including poor customer service, lack of accountability, and responsibility to resolve complaints. Customers may face long wait times for responses, receive generic or unhelpful answers or no response at all. Only 20% of 1 complaints were resolved.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to First Premier Bank. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
5:39 am EST

First Premier Bank Credit card bill

I really don’t want this credit anymore, I feel that they are collecting money every month for no apparent reason whether I buy or not, I still have to pay. They increased my spending amount to $700, I missed payment for a few days, they want the whole $ 700 back that I never spent, they constantly calling my phone, they call me 4 times yesterday I just want this credit card cancel. Over the years I have paid so much unnecessary money to this first premier bank credit card, I don’t want any refund I just want to cancel the card.

Desired outcome: I want this credit card cancel

6:39 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

First Premier Bank Fraudulant use of credit card and my checking account.

On 11/22/2023 I found this on my online checking account page: "PREAUTHORIZED WD FPB CR CARD VRU 231122". My bank tells me that a Michael Crippen was using my checking account to pay towards a credit card bill. This process was stopped by I would like to have FPB Bank investigate and provide me with the contact information for Michael Crippen so I can involve law enforcement.

12:45 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

First Premier Bank - Complaint regarding customer service representative and manager.

Dear First Premier Bank, I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with the level of customer service I received during my recent interaction with your company. I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with both a customer service representative and a manager, and I believe it is important to bring to your attention the issues I...

S
6:57 am EDT

First Premier Bank Credit card

Yes, I have tried several times to get my account in order but again no success.

They allowed another person to report my card lost/stolen, proceed to pay off that account and start charging again. I had a balance of 602.00. I now have a balance of 798.00. At this point i did contact the Attorney Generals Office in South Dakota. FIrst premier has there fraud department working on this which is scary they are the ones that allowed this to happen. If the dont reinstate my original balance to 602.00 I will not pay anything and this whole account can go into collections.

Desired outcome: put my balance to 602.00

S
7:55 am EDT

First Premier Bank credit card

Yes, you allowed someone to report my account lost/stolen, you gave them a new card, they paid it off, and then proceeded to again charge under me.

I owed you 602.00 on my card, as of today i see the balance is up to 1500.00.

I will not pay anything over 602.00 which i agree is what i owe you on my old account ending in 8277.. Anything that was charged on this card on this account after August 1st is not mine...

Please get this straightened out asap.. AGAIN, I DO OWE YOU MONEY 602.00 BUT NOTHING OVER THAT AMOUNT.

I dont know how this happened but I do not take responsibility for anything over 602.00'

Helen Little

2327 Henbird lane

Lancaster PA 17601 THIS ACCOUNT WAS CLOSED IN AUGUST ONCE I

ONCE I CALLED AND TALKED TO YOU.

Desired outcome: I will not pay anything over the 602.00 I owe you.

N
7:21 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

First Premier Bank Bad update on my credit report

One of the worst card ever they are so sinistered I've been with them since 2017 I never missed a payment in 2020 during the height of the epidemic that I did not send me the bill in time I was late for one payment they were quick to report it to the bureau it's wrecking havoc on my credits report as negative entity I have disputed that countless time and always First Premier Bank will override the dispute and update the status as negative only one payment I was ready to upload the picture of the credit report to show everyone that for the last 7 years I have not missed a payment everything is checked only for one month in 2020 and that was first premier bank's fault not my fault and yet they reported as negative entity and I refuse to remove it if this not Sinister Act or act of hate what is it then I will be very careful to get a card from this establishment

G
7:57 pm EDT

First Premier Bank credit card

Someone opened a credit card and is using my bank account to pay their bills. On 6/27Transaction Details

-$95.00

PROC FEE FPB CR CARD C16074598 INTERNET PAYMENT

Posted Date

06/27/23

Transaction Type

Debit

Reference Number

Receipt Attached

/2023 I had a deduction from my checking account of $95.00.

Transaction Details

Transaction Type Reference Number

Debit

Reference Number

Receipt Attached

I now have to close out a very old account that is causing me

a lot of work.

Desired outcome: Find who did this and take care of it. I don't understand how this can happen

5:59 pm EDT

First Premier Bank First premier bank card

I signed up with this credit card over 2021, and never had any issues with a card use or making my payments until mid 2022 when I was laid off. Though I was on unemployment, I still managed to make my payments and stay ontrack. As of March 2023 they've been harassing me Non-Stop sending me spam emails about my account being past due and facing collections or write-off. Calls to their customer support are a broken phone line that doesn't work half the time. They're about to face legal action if they don't back off and knock it off, I am OVER them.

Desired outcome: Stop harassing me and spamming my email with charge off threats

4:06 pm EDT

First Premier Bank Unauthorised ach charge from my bank account

Was charged through ACH payment 1075.75 dollars from my bank account on 6/20/2013. I did not authorise nor have I ever heard of Premier bank. I have had to change account numbers with my bank. The only information that we have is the description on my online account which reads: FPB CR CARD VRU CUS263059720. As of right now I am out the full amount because my bank will not cover this.

Desired outcome: return the full amount that was debited from my account.

8:06 am EDT

First Premier Bank First premier credit

These sneaky Bas&%^^& have been stealing money out of my checking account for months now. Wondered WHY my balance was decreasing almost every day, when I wasn't spending money, and no autopayments on the account. You BET I reported it as FRAUD. I had a credit account with them under a very different payment method. My goll, a person goes through this wire fraud garbage.

Desired outcome: Fraud reporting, and possible lawsuit or litigation

A
2:42 pm EDT

First Premier Bank My credit card account

I have paid my bills on time every month since June 2020 and not one was ever late or experienced any problems with First Premier Bank until this past May. I made a payment on May 12th since it had an amount due attached to it. I paid it thinking I took care of the bill. I went back to my account a few days later and noticed that the amount due was still on my account. I also noticed that the amount of $89.00 that I just paid was missing from my account as if it wasn't paid. I got upset and called customer service stating that my account didn't have my payment made on my account. I was told that I paid to early and I would have to make another payment. This I couldn't understand because as a card holder they know when to place the information on my account making sure it isn't placed to early to avoid a double payment. but it didn't matter I had to pay again. By this time my amount due changed to $85.00 and paid the amount on the first of June. When I did that nothing on my account changed it still displayed an amount due of $85.00 with the same notice I saw on my May account summery. it stated that no payments were made since May 14th and its still on my account

Desired outcome: I want that $89.00 I paid on May 12th to be placed back in my account as a payment. This bank chose to place the account information on my account to soon and forced me to pay a double payment.

10:36 pm EDT

First Premier Bank Unauthorized cr card internet charges in my account

I don't have a credit card with this company! I've never had a account with this company!
I need my $ back! Please HELP ME with this!
My bank Denied all of my disputes!
See the attached screenshot of the unauthorized transactions that I have sent!
I have had my identity stolen this past October, I didn’t apply for a credit card with this company.
I have attached screenshots of my statement when these fraudulent charges were taken! And of the closed disputes with my bank!

Desired outcome: My money back!$677.38 totalAny open account that you have with my name is going to be fraudulent! I have the police report # if you need it!

G
1:50 pm EDT

First Premier Bank customer service

To Whom it may concern,

On April 26, 2023 at 9:27 am [protected]) I called in a payment because my card was stolen and needed to be sure of payment information. Please listen to the call and help me understand if this is how First Premier Bank would like its customers to experience (employee id: 727 supervisor: Todd Y75).

Gonzalo Escobar Jr

Desired outcome: please follow up via email [protected]@gmail.com and help me understand my experience on making a payment, spending almost 20 minutes in the process, also, what coaching, training steps of action was taken.

12:50 am EST

First Premier Bank Premier credit card scammers

Premier Credit Card is trash!

My name is Emily Wells I got that credit card they took $50 plus $90 out of my debit card. Before I even got that piece of trash of card. they started taking out $30 a month for 3 months they stopped. And not by my choice of them stopping they stopped because they [censored] I started incurring $40 fees added to the $300 and they kept going until it became $558. And talk [censored] when I tried to pay the two months that they didn't take out they said no. So no means no so I said [censored] them. 558.00 sit right on my credit right now $558 for 2 years and 6 months and I would not pay them a ragged [censored] cent. If you trying to get a premier card please don't waste your time they're going to [censored] your credit up they going to [censored] your credit up so bad that'll be there for 7 years. And then they going to write it off as a charge off as it sit on your credit. These people are horrible devils send them back to the cave where they came from or back to the cesspool.

Desired outcome: Still sitting on my credit I will not pay them $0

A
7:39 pm EST

First Premier Bank Suspended card after 2 months with full payments made

Applied for card, paid fee to get card, got card, used card, paid complete balance due. Payment delayed 10 days because paid by my bank. Used card another month, paid balance again in full. Suspended wanting verification of bank info. A month later and after providing bank statement with my name on it they still have it suspended, this time they want to see the transaction on the bank statement. Really? It cleared, you got the payment, you got proof it was by bank that gave it to you, yet still suspended? And it shows on my credit report as suspended. Total bogus company, all they wanted was my 95 dollar fee. Now they must want me gone because I pay my balance in full. No phone calls, no emails, and notices that are mailed come 10 days after

Desired outcome: Stop suspending my card, or delaying my balances. I have only had 2 months and both months you come up with something wrong.

D
2:51 am EST

First Premier Bank Scamed

I paid the program fee and the security deposit haven't even received a card for my account yet andi haven't even got to use my account credit and not even two weeks later I have a 0 balance out of 200 credit limit... And again I haven't even gotten my card in the mail yet but apparently premier has charged me my first months fees already and spent my credit line that I was approved for for me... Now my account is suspended said they believe that my account may be fraudulent and to send in some verification in which I had already sent in forms of verification thru the app when I funded my account... I'm not sending once again my personal info to someone else again they should of gotten it they don't need me to send it again to a different email address or fax or mail... Me sending my personal info once already is risky enough... Moral of the story is i'm stuck with having to pay for a credit line that I was approved for and premier bank spent for me instead...

Desired outcome: I want my money back that was used to fund my account and my account closed out for food and no more dealings with this company it's fraudulent and a scam and as well as liars

C
2:26 pm EST

First Premier Bank 1st premier credit card, go2 bank, us direct express

I paid but these people are Kings and expect their payment somehow and they won't stop bugging you until they get it! But we are looking past those days aren't we? So what's the deal? I pay in from the owed amount indicated every month, so even though I paid what was owed on my account just 2 days ago and it was in full, what gives you the right to decide that I should pay you more without authorization from me or even a word from you that you were going to do so. No! Just because a person has listed their credit card with you on auto pay doesn't give you the right to continue debiting their account at will! Especially when it was determined via your app what I needed to pay and I did! So you think that because you feel like putting some extra charges Unauthorized, on s paid up to date account is okay because you got it like that, or that this creditor I owe doesn't get his money because YOU have King status to my funds? No this was not alright and very fraudulent of I had to say anything on this.

I'm tired of all the rip off banks and credits card companies cheating people out of money that's not theirs!

Right now I'm dealing with 2 other irrelated debut card accounts who like to keep a pending charge on your account until the full time, even though the merchant had long ago cancelled the transaction and sent the payment back, these 2 fraudulent companies make you wait until the limited time for these pending charges to drop off and drop off they do... Right of of your account history and their system of course, never to be found or seen again, and into the pickets of the bank representative who was updating the accounts, it something like this and doing this to enough unsuspecting people who get told the same thing. "If the charge is not here and we can't set it, then we can't do anything about it, or it was probably never deducted after all, and you didn't notice it was never taken out!, Bull!

Go2 Bank (A Green Dot Bank); and US Direct Express (a Comerica logo, however government funds such as social security, SSI benefits are loaded onto this card account) are the 2 other culprits that do this crap and I'm fed up with it!

No I'm tried of these so-called banks.. Or their decrepit employees taking from me! I'm totally fed up!

Desired outcome: I want my money back 1dt premier Jacked from me, ultimately taking another debtors payment! I also want US Direct Express and GO2 BANK refund my pending fees that mysteriously dropped off my account. And 1st Premier also!

First Premier Bank Customer Reviews Overview

First Premier Bank, a leading provider of banking and financial services, is highly recognized for its comprehensive suite of services ranging from personal and business banking solutions to credit card offerings and wealth management. Throughout its years of operation, the bank has consistently received positive reviews from its customers, praising its diverse financial products, robust customer service, and commitment to meeting customer needs.

One aspect of First Premier Bank that stands out in positive customer reviews is its user-friendly banking solutions. Customers appreciate the bank's range of offerings, particularly its personal banking services, which include checking and savings accounts, loans, and credit cards. They also commend the bank's business banking services, with its cash management and lending solutions receiving high praise.

The bank's commitment to helping those with poor or no credit history has also won it positive remarks. As one of the largest issuers of Mastercard and Visa credit cards in the United States, First Premier Bank provides credit cards to those looking to establish or rebuild their credit. This effort to provide financial inclusion to underrepresented customer groups is an aspect that customers repeatedly commend.

Customer service at First Premier Bank is another area frequently highlighted in positive reviews. Customers have expressed satisfaction with the bank's friendly, responsive, and knowledgeable service representatives who are always ready to assist with any queries or concerns. This level of service, coupled with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction, enhances the overall customer experience at the bank.

The digital banking experience provided by First Premier Bank is also highly praised. With a secure and easy-to-use online platform and mobile app, customers can effortlessly manage their accounts, make transactions, and stay in control of their finances at all times. This emphasis on digital convenience has resonated well with the bank's tech-savvy customers.

In conclusion, while First Premier Bank continuously strives to improve and adapt to customer needs, its commitment to personalized banking, its focus on financial inclusion, and excellent customer service are aspects that shine through in customer reviews. The positive feedback serves as a testament to the bank's ongoing commitment to quality service and customer satisfaction.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about First Premier Bank

Expand Collapse all
Is First Premier Bank a legitimate bank?

Yes, First Premier Bank is a legitimate banking institution. It is FDIC-insured and is based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where it was founded in 1986.

Is First Premier Bank FDIC insured?

Yes, First Premier Bank is FDIC insured, which means that customers' deposits are insured up to the maximum amount allowed by law.

Does First Premier Bank offer nationwide services?

Yes, while First Premier Bank is based in South Dakota, it offers its services to customers nationwide.

What kind of banking services does First Premier Bank provide?

First Premier Bank offers a wide range of banking services, including personal banking (checking and savings accounts, loans, credit cards), business banking (cash management, lending solutions), and wealth management services.

"Is the First Premier Bank credit card legit?

Yes, First Premier Bank is one of the largest issuers of Visa and Mastercard credit cards in the United States. It offers legitimate credit cards, including options for those looking to establish or rebuild their credit.

Is First Premier Bank safe for online banking?

Yes, First Premier Bank uses encryption and other security measures to keep its online banking platform safe and secure.

Is First Premier Bank a good bank for personal banking?

First Premier Bank has a wide array of personal banking services and is generally well-reviewed by its customers. However, what constitutes a "good bank" can vary depending on individual needs and preferences.

Does First Premier Bank report to credit bureaus?

Yes, First Premier Bank reports to the major credit bureaus. This reporting is what makes their credit cards a good option for those looking to build or rebuild their credit.

Is First Premier Bank customer service reliable?

First Premier Bank has a dedicated customer service team. However, as with any company, experiences may vary. Many customers have reported positive experiences with First Premier's customer service.

What is the history of First Premier Bank?

First Premier Bank was founded in 1986 in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It has since grown to be one of the largest issuers of Visa and Mastercard credit cards in the country.

Does First Premier Bank have physical branches?

Yes, First Premier Bank has physical branches, primarily in South Dakota. However, they also offer online and mobile banking services to serve customers nationwide.

Is the First Premier Bank mobile app secure?

Yes, First Premier Bank's mobile app uses several security measures, including encryption, to ensure the safety of its users' information.

What kind of loans does First Premier Bank offer?

First Premier Bank offers a variety of loan products, including personal loans, home equity loans, and business loans.

Does First Premier Bank offer savings accounts?

Yes, First Premier Bank offers a variety of savings account options to meet different customer needs, including regular savings accounts and money market savings accounts.

Does First Premier Bank offer investment services?

Yes, First Premier Bank offers wealth management services which can include investment services. They provide tailored strategies for individual, retirement, and business needs.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

First Premier Bank contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with First Premier Bank?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First Premier Bank Customer Service. Initial First Premier Bank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First Premier Bank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First Premier Bank. Discuss the issues you have had with First Premier Bank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.