Menu

complaints

Vanilla Gift Cards Complaints Summary

26 Resolved
422 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from Vanilla Gift Cards with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Verify
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Vanilla Gift Cards. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Vanilla Gift Cards complaints 448

Sort by:

Newest Vanilla Gift Cards complaints

D
10:43 am EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Wheres my remaining balance

Yest on the 18th of feb I had a friend gift me a 25 dollars vannilla gift card and I spent only 7 dollars and some change on my gift card, wheres my remaining balance, I want my remaining balance, or I will press chargeres againest the vannilla gift card people gift card number is [protected] exp date 06 33. Secuity code 382, I want my remainin g on there please

Claimed loss: 18 dollars

Desired outcome: i would like my money bk on my card

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Vanilla Gift Cards representatives only. If you are affiliated with Vanilla Gift Cards, please claim your business to access these details.

F
6:41 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla gift card

I attempted to verify a card received as a gift at the website suggested by Visa Vanilla. Several attempts have been made since I received the card, every time I try it I enter the requested card information and go through the "security" games to be told there was a system error and to try again later. A $25 gift from my son, a marine, is a big deal, they don't get paid nearly enough! I then tried to call the [protected] where I found out that it was used on 12/18/23 and had a zero balance. I had NOT opened the card until January 2024 and had been attempting to verify it on the website before using it. The robo-system couldn't give me any details on WHERE it was used and I can't find a HUMAN to speak with. HELP! Do I have any chance of speaking with someone?

Claimed loss: $25.00 and my faith in gift cards. I worked as a seasonal cashier over the holidays and saw so much grieve caused by gift cards will now send gifts via Amazon and suggest to everyone I know to do the same.

Desired outcome: I would like to have the $25.00 gift that my son intended me to have.

V
3:52 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Vanilla Gift Cards Lost my Vanilla gift card balance immediately after I made firs transaction

Hi team,

I bought a gift card at Safeway, activated and made the first transaction. The next day when I tried to use my card, the balance was $0, and noticed 2 unauthorized transactions from different state altogether. Disputed the charges and the Vanilla gift card team blocked the card and the status of the dispute shows as resolved online saying issued a different gift card and I haven't received the card for the last 3 months. Multiple calls and emails and no proper definitive response. Please help. Thanks.

Desired outcome: Looking for lost money in a new card

Hide full review

Is Vanilla Gift Cards legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Vanilla Gift Cards as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 5% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Vanilla Gift Cards stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Vanilla Gift Cards should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Vanilla Gift Cards earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Vanilla Gift Cards achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

The age of Vanilla Gift Cards's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Vanillagift.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Vanilla Gift Cards website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Vanillagift.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

We looked up Vanilla Gift Cards and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Vanilla Gift Cards has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 5% of 448 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the vanillagift.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Vanilla Gift Cards. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
R
10:16 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla Gift card

We received a Vanilla Gift card with $100 as a wedding gift in Sept 2023. We traveled to Ohio for thanksgiving. Tried to use the card at a gas station opened the packaging in front of the clerk. Card would not work noticed scratch marks over the numbers. Card was declined for gas. Called Vanilla Card was on the phone over an hour they seem very helpful. They even noted that the card was for $100. They sent me a replacement card arrived in early December 2023. Wife attempt to use the card on Feb 2024 and it was declined. Check the balance and the card balance was $0 and said the entire $100 was spent at a Target and later declined at a CVS in Sept 2023. My argument with vanilla card is if we didn't have money on the card why would you send a replacement?

Claimed loss: Loss $100

Desired outcome: Please refund the money to my card

B
5:46 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla visa gift card $500

I was given a $500 gift card for Christmas. Upon opening it, I noticed that the front of the cards last 4 numbers came off from the glue that attaches the little booklet. I called the 833 number on the back and was told to send in my receipt and my drivers ID and a picture of the card (front and back). I have called them every week to see if my case was resolved but I keep getting the run around every time I call. It is now February 13 and no answers. Call back they keep telling me. I would like some help getting this resolved.

Claimed loss: I would like this resolved and my money back

Desired outcome: I

W
1:39 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Visa vanilla gift card

I spent $40 for a vanilla go Visa card and I put $500 on it. The card never was able to be used it was purchased on Aug, 8th and I’ve sent this same info 5x and I’m sure that somehow Vise or whoever can easily look and see what happened to my money by now. I made this purchase for my Wife’s birthday I feel like the company doesn’t care anything about this issue my money should have been returned to me by now December they sent some forms for me to fill out and send back to them with my proof of purchase I faxed to them got confirmation. I check on the case February 13th and yet here I go sending the same proof again I really need some help with this issue. Mr. Wayne Belton

Claimed loss: $40 dollars for the card purchase and the $500 I put on the card.

Desired outcome: I really would like for the to reimburse my money they’re a big company and should be able to fix this issue by now.

4:13 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Customer Care

2/9/2024

4:00-4:10pm

Called over four times. Card I was gifted is invalid on Vanilla Gift Cards end. Was told I will be receiving a new card. When they asked for my name, they pretend they can't hear and hang up on me. This happened each time I called. I made other calls and even called from a completely different phone, and they still acted like this. Still out a card and no way to recover the money for my gift because they hang up.

Desired outcome: My money or a new card ($50)An apology and retrain customer care employees.

C
2:21 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Unauthorized purchase

I went to a coin star [protected]@ 1780 west webb ave. In Burlington, NC on 2/8/2024 to get cash for my vanilla gift card. I cancelled transaction, because fee was to high, but it took money off my card it was $100 dollars on it it took all but $3.00 I want my money back on my card I am disabled and this was a gift for my medicine. The kiosk fee was to high so I cancelled it but it took money off my card and didn't give me a receipt or cash for it. It say balance on card is only $3.00 I haven't used card except at the kiosk mentioned above the card I used is in picture below.

Claimed loss: $100 took from gift card

Desired outcome: Want money put back on gift card because I am disabled and need that to get medicine

J
3:26 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Gift cards

I won $50 from the Arizona and they sent me a gift card from vanilla card people. I used the card one time it worked fine and have not been able to use it since. I have been on the phone with their customer service 3 times an hour and a half each time and I still can't use my card. The card number is [protected] exp 671. If I try and check it on line it tells me internal errors. I'm sick of their lies.

Claimed loss: $12.30

Desired outcome: I just want my money back

A
10:06 am EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla Ereward

I had this gift for sometime -- but could not use it anywhere.

I know it is now expired - but pretty sure there is money left on it. The print out of the card I made and made notes on, say there is $26.18 left -- a balance that was impossible to use anywhere. Got so frustrated t the time, I put it in a drawer and unfortunately, forgot about it., Regardless I can't even check it now online with all the info needed. So need to check and get balance refunded even if past expiration date (thought those were illegal in Ca)

Card number is [protected]

Claimed loss: $26.18

Desired outcome: Check sent to me for $26.18 Annie Crowe2803 May Ave. Redondo Beach, Ca 8899278

Read full review of Vanilla Gift Cards and 1 comment
1 comment
Lisa Pederson
, US
Feb 02, 2024 3:52 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They say the card will expire but the funds didn't just contact the bank that is on the back of the card

F
2:06 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards vanilla gift card 500$

In July 2023, I purchased a $500 Vanilla Gift Visa card for my wife at the store. Two days ago, she tried to use the card but encountered issues. Upon checking the website, we discovered that the funds were stolen just seven days after buying the card. The card was used for purchases by someone named Tori Berch until the last cent. This is truly awful! I demand an immediate refund of $500. Card number: [protected]. Security code: 415. I insist on being contacted to explain the situation and when I will receive my money back. This is nonsense. I will escalate this matter to various authorities and take legal action. I have witnesses and evidence that I only recently opened the card at the Kohl's store cashier and couldn't use it all this time as it was sealed.

Claimed loss: 500$

Desired outcome: Refund

Update by Fomichev
Jan 23, 2024 2:11 pm EST

E
6:26 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla Gift Card/ Walmart

I bought four gift cards at $25 a piece and none of them work. It tells them the balance but they are unable to buy anything. I can never get anyone on the phone to complain either. I purchased them at Walmart in Montevideo MN. This is very upsetting since I live on a fixed income. I want reimbursed.

[protected]@yahoo.com

REPLY NEEDED

Reference # 2445501AB43A7GZ1X on my Credit CARD.

Claimed loss: $119.00

Desired outcome: Money returned and a response.

G
1:31 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Fraud on your gift card

good afternoon

I sending you copies of my Walmart purchase receipt of your vanilla gift card along with copy of front and back of the card I purchased.

When I spoke to cust rep on Dec 27, 2023, he took my information and gave me a case number#[protected], and said I would receive a replacement card in 10 business day. He said nothing about documents I would need to provide to get my $100.00 sent back to me.

I called today and spoke to another one of your cust. rep, which I was told to send my receipt, front and back of the card and any notes that I took while speaking to your representative.

Claimed loss: 104.94

Desired outcome: refund

12:34 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla Visa Gift Card

I have tried on several occasions to get customer service help. The number it tells me to call on the back of my card only gives me automated responses and states that my card is not valid. The card has $200 on it and I can't even get info on the balance of my card. I have called [protected] with no success. This is very unacceptable and out children paid money that they didn't have for us to have this gift for Christmas. Not a happy camper.

[protected] 02/32 086

[protected]@hotmail.com

Claimed loss: $200.00

Desired outcome: We would like a refund or have the card activated

J
11:57 am EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Gift card

A vanilla gift card was given to me on December 25 2022 as a Christmas gift. I attempted to verify the amount on the card this morning (01/16/2024. It showed the initial purchased amount of $200.00 and a current balance of. 02 ( two cents).I checked the purchase history and it showed a purchase of $199.98 at home depot on 01/16/2024

I never used the card. It remained in the original packaging until this morning until I I verified the balance. The card was purchased at Dollar General, Hwy 76, Lynchburg, SC 29080. I attempted to contact Vanilla gift card and only received a recording .

Claimed loss: $200.00

Desired outcome: Refund of $200.00

T
11:12 am EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Vanilla gift card

Received a Vanilla gift card as a gift and when I went to use it, realized that several of the numbers on the front had been completely removed. Packaging was not tampered with and there is no PIN number on the back that needs to be scratched off. I have the original purchase receipt and all packaging. Card was purchased at CVS Pharmacy #11065 on 11/30/23 at 4:26pm.

Claimed loss: $500

Desired outcome: Would like replacement.

A
8:45 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My friend gave me a Vanilla visa gift card. Some of the card numbers were missing. I contacted their customer service on 11/12/23 and they opened a report# [protected]. I sent in a copy of the purchase receipt from Dollar Tree store, the front and back copy of the damaged card. (I have to re-send the documents many times). Finally they acknowledged receipt of...

R
6:05 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards Gift Card

I was given a vanilla gift card as a Christmas bonus for my company on December 9. We use it one time and then didn’t use it for approximately two weeks. We use it again on December 21 and was advised that it had an in sufficient balance to purchase an item that cost $25. we checked the card and there was a pending charge for $260 to shipgadget.com. We immediately notified vanilla gift card people and filed a case and attempted to call ship gadget 30 or 40 times and left messages every time but no callback. Currently, according to vanilla gift cards, we have a case pending , but trying to reach a human to find out why the charge wasn’t immediately canceled since it was a “pending” charge to ship gadget, is a mystery to me. I am still on a daily basis, trying to contact vanilla gift cards all to no avail.

Claimed loss: 260.00

Desired outcome: Reverse the charge to shipgadget.com

5:17 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards 70.00 card was activated. 12-8-2023

I went to use a sealed card with the activation purchase receipt attached and it had a zero balance. Someone (not me) used it on 12-16-23 at a post office for the whole amount of 70.00. I called to tell them, and they say it may take 90 days to resolve. That is unacceptable and I want my money back. Case # [protected] from 1/7/24. auth # 1101 [protected]

Claimed loss: 70.00 and 5.95 activation charge

Desired outcome: I want them to refund my money or replace the card

2:21 pm EST

Vanilla Gift Cards money drained

I got a $100 gift card for Christmas. When I tried to activate it, it was empty. Finally got thru and was sent a replacement card. Again, tried to activate it only to find out, a zero balance. replacement was today, January 6, 2024, at 10:59. was spent at a RDRCIDUD SILVER. O20033E57BCI trans #, merchant # GIWZXJ5A6D5B7DK, for $100. difficult time understanding agent, hope this info is right.

Claimed loss: $100

Desired outcome: get money back! Stop this from happening to someone else. I got very stressed, I'm 76 years old and need this money, S.S. doesn't cover everything.

Hide full review
How to file a complaint about Vanilla Gift Cards?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the required information and verifying your email address.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button, which is typically found at the top right corner of the website, and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Vanilla Gift Cards. Make it specific and clear, such as "Unauthorized Charges on Vanilla Gift Card" or "Difficulty Accessing Funds on Vanilla Gift Card."

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Vanilla Gift Cards. Mention key areas such as:

• The date and location of the purchase or incident.
  • Any problems with activating or using the gift card.
  • Customer service interactions, including dates and summaries of conversations.
  • Technical issues with the website or transaction errors.
  • Delays or failures in receiving a promised service.
  • Any discrepancies in card balance or unauthorized transactions.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue, including any communication with Vanilla Gift Cards customer support.
  • The impact of the issue on you personally, such as financial loss or inconvenience.
Be as specific as possible, providing dates, amounts, and any other relevant details of your transactions with the company.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents that support your complaint, such as receipts, email correspondence, or screenshots. Do not include sensitive personal information like your social security number, bank account details, or other confidential data.

6. Filing optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to state any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue with Vanilla Gift Cards. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, specify what resolution you are seeking, such as a refund, card replacement, or other forms of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is clearly stated.

8. Submission process: After reviewing your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to officially file your complaint on ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, regularly check your account on ComplaintsBoard.com for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or even a response from Vanilla Gift Cards regarding your complaint.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Vanilla Gift Cards contacts